facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should BCB fire/sack Shane Jurgensen
Yes 20 40.00%
No 30 60.00%
None 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 23, 2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default Should BCB Fire Shane Jurgensen?

I was very supportive of Shane Jurgensen at first. however, I have decided to agree with members here in BC that he is utterly a poor bowling coach. Bangladeshi pacers have shown NO sign of improvement under his leadership. in my honest opinion, he was very lucky that he got head coach role for one year. He does not deserve to coach bangladesh. Then again, no coach had any success in overseas condition. I want to know people's opinion on what he actually does and has the pace bowling improved or declined in performance under his leadership?

Old March 23, 2013, 09:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Abar Jigay. He should be fired all the way back to Australia. We have had some good Aussie coaches but he ain't one of them.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

Stuart Law .... afsos
Old March 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We are not going to get a very good coach to commit to us for long term. I think in the recent past we tried with Law and Pybus but it didn't work out. To sort out our bowling issues we could organize bowling camps with a high profile bowler like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath. I think people wouldn't mind to work with us for a short time and that's what we should aim for.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Well batting seems to be clicking, we are batting a plan, a clear purpose. We havent batted this well against Sri Lanka in the past.

Its hard to understand our bowling issues. Its easy to direct all frustration to the coach. But what can a coach do when your most experienced bowler who has 195 wickets bowls like an amateur. And selectors picking Shahadat Hossain to replace Nazmul? Just gives you a picture of the entire situation. Everyone is at fault here-the players, the coach, the selectors, BCB.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:35 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

It is a bad practice to fire coaches every now n then. He isn't experienced enough, and we very much knew it before hiring him. To me, he is doing ok. Let him finish his contracted period, and hope he will deliver better.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We are not going to get a very good coach to commit to us for long term. I think in the recent past we tried with Law and Pybus but it didn't work out. To sort out our bowling issues we could organize bowling camps with a high profile bowler like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath. I think people wouldn't mind to work with us for a short time and that's what we should aim for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Well batting seems to be clicking, we are batting a plan, a clear purpose. We havent batted this well against Sri Lanka in the past.

Its hard to understand our bowling issues. Its easy to direct all frustration to the coach. But what can a coach do when your most experienced bowler who has 195 wickets bowls like an amateur. And selectors picking Shahadat Hossain to replace Nazmul? Just gives you a picture of the entire situation. Everyone is at fault here-the players, the coach, the selectors, BCB.
+1

We need a McGrath to teach our "Abuls" how to bowl maintaining line and length - just the basics.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:49 PM
Administrator

We already had an Ian McPont and I did see an immediate impact on our pace bowlers. Even of Rubel and Shahadat that we are thinking of consigning to permanent exile or worse.
Old March 23, 2013, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Coach gets a big F in all departments! team selection is an uttter failure: our selectors are clueless but the coach has the final say on team selection. he must select the team based on our Strength which is Spin! His 3 pacer selection was the main reason for our loss in Test.
Imagine we had Enamul, Mosharraf Rubel, Saqlain, Gazi instead of Rubel, Abul, Robiul? No way I see how we lose 2nd Test.

He has abdolutely no leadesrship skill. He is like a YES man to our star players and listen to whatever our clueless selectors has to tell him. Under his coaching our captaincy sucks big time.

As a bowling coach he was fired from New Zealand and you can all see why. He is total failure. Under Pont we made solid progress, he just ruined it.

People who thinks he can't be replaced must realized no one is irreplaceable in this world. BCB can either hire easily hire big name coaching staff series by series, or just just need to spend more through corporate sponsorships. Batting is improving due to the new batting coach, SJ has nothing to do with it.

I for one firmly believe SJ should be fired as he failed and he will continue to fail. He might be a nice guy but he simply won't be able to take this team anywhere.
Old March 23, 2013, 11:13 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Pacers should not behave like a herd of sheep being told what to do every single day or match situation. Rubel has receved coaching from Pont and so he knows what he needs to do at the nets. They should be able to assess the opposition batters strengths and weaknesses and develop gameplans to get them out. Running in hard and bowling short balls and acting surprised when the ball disappears to the boundary is not a gameplan. We need a pace bowling coach but we also need bowlers who can think by themselves and work on their own skills.
Old March 23, 2013, 11:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Now, I'm not a huge fan of SJ but firing him is unnecessary because that in itself won't solve the issues we're witnessing out there. The combination of our bowling and fielding has regressed by a decade and we obviously need coaches of Ian and Julian's quality to stop the slide and start moving forward again. Both have proven themselves to be effective with our players in those areas AND BEYOND (the bunt and run strike rotation drills while JS was on vaca for example).

BCB already has the reputation of being the passive aggressive and unprofessional boss it is and that, coupled with the negative image of Dhaka in particular and Bangladesh in general make Bangladesh an unattractive place of employment. There are coaches who simply want the money and are willing to serve their time in purgatory with lots of paid escapes abroad. I'm not sure whether such opportunists have the passion and commitment to make the difference we want to see. Those who do are unlikely to tolerate BCB's extra contractual BS and two stepping, and therefore last long.

Blaming the coach alone for team selection is utterly unfair. Blame selectors for that. The starting XI is selected by team management and the Captain plays a decisive role in that. Then there are all those phone calls from "upstairs" to deal with.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 23, 2013, 11:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
+1

We need a McGrath to teach our "Abuls" how to bowl maintaining line and length - just the basics.
Bro, I good teacher by definition is someone who can effectively TEACH. Be it a skill, the enhancement of a preexisting skill or the rectification of flaws and then inspire proper application in the middle. The players too must have the desire to learn and work hard on their own, both physically and mentally, to upgrade their game. Most Bangladeshi players seldom do when it comes to bowling and fielding. Batsmen who work hard on their own, guys like Sir, JuSi, KaEdge and Da Rock for example, can't seem to learn anything no matter how hard they try. A coach can do only so much babysitting and only for so long in the only test playing nation where players need to come into the national team to learn the basics before our domestic FC and List A are non-competitive, farcical and inadequate affairs where you can get away with being crap while piling up undeserved FC and List A stats without those basics.

The ability to actually teach and inspire are the most important skills for an EFFECTIVE coach, not their mad skills as former players. What makes us think that a former player who showed great skill in his playing days will be a effective coach as well?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 24, 2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

Some Stats @ Home V West Indies (Pacer)

Test Series: West Indies Pacers

1. Tino Best (12 Wickets)
2. Fidel Edwards (7 Wicket)

Test Series: Bangladeshi Pacers:

1. Rubel Hossain (4 Wickets)
2. Shahadat Hossain (1 wicket)
Old March 24, 2013, 11:28 AM
Banned

Gordon Greenidge please!
Old March 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Can I apply for coaching role if they fire Shane ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 24, 2013, 04:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Oh no, here we go again with the bandwagon threads. Just coz of one bad ODI we need to fire Shane Jurgensen?

No I think Shane Jurgensen is doing an ok job, and at least he wants the job unlike the previous two coaches.
Old March 28, 2013, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

It's time Shane Jurgensen pays BCB to coach a test playing national team.
Old March 28, 2013, 04:41 PM
Cricket Sage

So, can he stay up to ZIM series, or he need to go now?

To stay upto ZIM series, does he need to pay to BCB, or BCB needs to pay him based on the result for last two series against WI and now SL ?
Old March 28, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Just because we won, doesn't mean Shane gets bag full of credits for that... We were having this upward trend since the Asia cup and it continues... A better coach than SJ could have probably made us look much better than how we look now... I don't feel we have had the right development from Asia cup, some areas have probably deteriorated ..like pace bowling, SJ's primary role..

So, yes let him enjoy the success as the head coach, but I don't assess him any higher than what he deserves as the pace bowling coach...his coaching standard reflects in our pace bowlers...

Even the way our batsmen were reacting to this situation, doesn't say that SJ had some impact, there was not much plan visible in them.

If there was no HC, I'm sure Mushy would have handled the team in the same way...
Old March 28, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms01
Some Stats @ Home V West Indies (Pacer)

Test Series: West Indies Pacers

1. Tino Best (12 Wickets)
2. Fidel Edwards (7 Wicket)

Test Series: Bangladeshi Pacers:

1. Rubel Hossain (4 Wickets)
2. Shahadat Hossain (1 wicket)
Can you give the SL fast bowlers and BD fast bowlers for the current series.

Kisu kisu manush'rey monay hoi agey duita ..lagai tar por kotha. Jotto shob.
Old March 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes sure all the negative stuff in the team is due to JS and all the positive stuff that is going on (end result is the proof) is nothing to do with JS .... JS was just lucky.

I understand that logic... I have seen that kind of logic plenty of times...

"ashol kotha hochhe jare dekhte nari tar choron baka"

As for me, I care more about end result... if lucky head coach brings us good results, I am ok with that....I am just a murkho fan...don't care about over-analysis of the team, as long as team brings good results... that will make me happy.
Old March 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Poor team selection of 3 useless pacers for the 2nd test cost us the game.
Thats his area of expertise and I am sure he had a big say on that 3 pacer team slection.

You want to give credit where its due, but we also need to realize its his areas of
expertise: pace, strategy (captaincy), team selection (he decides the final 11 with captain)
are areas of big concern right now. I am sure if Shakib was the coach for this team the final result would have been better. Realistically we would have been much better off with McInnes.
Old March 28, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Fire JF- the bowling coach. Then idk if what he's left with is good enough to keep him.
Old March 28, 2013, 07:31 PM
Cricket Sage

If someone would tell me before this away series against SL that without injured players like Sakib, SN, Mashrafee, Nazmul, Naeem, Enamul, limited Tamim we would draw one test, and have the opportunity to draw another test, tie ODI series 1-1, I would be jumping up and down.... and I would definitely consider that a successful tour.

And that's what we did. Therefore I am in no mood to find a scape goat for our failure... because in a broader sense there was not that much to complain in this series....

There will always be room for improvement after completion of any series, and this series is not any different from others. But only difference is: unlike our track record in away series, we didn't embarrass ourselves.... actually this series gave us more positives than negatives.

So far this is a successful series and all team members including the HC deserves kudos...not demand for sack in my opinion.
Old March 28, 2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

yeh sure, let's keep firing and hiring.