facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 7, 2009, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Chanderpaul scares me the most for the test matches....that guy could play for hours against us...scoring who knows how many runs....also Sarwan....Gayle could whoop us in ODIs as he has done before...like to see how BD does against Jerome Taylor

Old July 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

None,hahahahahahahahahaha
Old July 8, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

I want WI A team to play than we will have 80% chance to win.
I am feeling sad that even against WI A team I cannot write "We have 100% chance to win".
Old July 8, 2009, 09:45 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Will the squad change? I just want to watch doesn't matter who will we play but will be very dissapointment if WI postponed the match/series
Old July 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

How quickly things changes!!
There will be a completely new team compared to the one posted on this thread.

But then again, you never know.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 8, 2009, 09:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, let's see if BD can beat the second string
Old July 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What is going on bhais? Are we playing or what?
Old July 8, 2009, 10:07 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
What is going on bhais? Are we playing or what?
we are playing...

Quote:
West Indies have announced a second-string team in the first Test against Bangladesh on Thursday following a boycott by the West Indies Players' Association (WIPA). Cricinfo had learnt 11 players arrived in St Vincent and trained at the Arnos Vale Ground on Wednesday afternoon and the West Indies board announced a 15-man squad later in the day.

Former top-order batsman Floyd Reifer, who played four Tests between 1997 and 1999 and now plays his cricket for the Combined Colleges and Campus team in the West Indies domestic tournament, was appointed captain, while Darren Sammy, who was part of the recent ICC World Twenty20, was named his deputy.

Uncapped players include Barbados' Dale Richards, and Kraigg Braithwaite, a prolific 16-year old batsman, Combined Colleges and Campuses' Ryan Austin, Chadwick Walton, Omar Phillips and Kevin McClean, Jamaica's Andre Creary, Guyana's Travis Dowlin, and Grenada's Nelon Pascal.

Richards and Pascal were part of the squad that toured England for a series before the World Twenty20. The 32-year-old Richards missed out on his Test debut when a foot injury ruled him out of contention for the first Test against England in Jamaica earlier this year.

Tino Best, the fast bowler, who had joined the ICL for year in 2008, and last played a Test in 2005, has also been called up, as has Kemar Roach, who played two ODIs and one Twenty20 international. Jamaican batsman David Bernard, who played his only Test in 2003, and left-arm spinner Nikita Miller, who has played 15 ODIs, were also named in the squad.

Fast bowler Daren Powell, not part of this squad, said he had been asked to join as well. "I was contacted by the West Indies board but I told them I was not available this time," Powell told Reuters.

A statement from WIPA president Dinanath Ramnarine said the original squad would boycott the series "with immediate effect" because of a long-running contractual dispute with the home board.

Ramnarine said the decision to pull out of the series came after the latest talks with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) failed to resolve several issues, including retainer contracts. "The players have played their last four tournaments without a contract," Ramnarine said. "They are now being asked to play their fifth consecutive series without a contract, which is highly unacceptable."

"When a player called me last week and asked what was the position with regards to his injury while playing cricket for the West Indies in the just concluded Twenty20 World Cup, my response was that was there was no written contract in place and therefore any action that would have to be taken would have to be taken in that context. Professional sportsmen should not be allowed to play any sport that has such a high risk without the necessary protection."

When contacted about the second-string squad, Ramnarine said he hadn't heard the reactions from the WICB and could not comment at this stage. Tony Howard, the WICB's cricket operations officer, also told Cricinfo he had not heard of such any move, but that a statement would be released on the status of the series.

WICB president Julian Hunte, however, was confident the series would go ahead as planned. "As far as we are concerned [there] will be a Test match on Thursday," he told Reuters.

Rabeed Imam, the Bangladesh Cricket Board's media manager, told Cricinfo that as far as they were concerned this was an internal issue of the WICB and their players and that Bangladesh were focused on the match and had been training accordingly.

This is not the first time in recent memory that the players and WICB have been involved in a stand-off. Earlier this year West Indies' spring tour of England was nearly severely undermined after it emerged five senior players had threatened to withdraw from the series to play in the IPL. That crisis was averted, only for more talk of a boycott of the fifth and final ODI between West Indies and England after Chris Gayle indicated his team may not take the field if outstanding issues with the WICB remained unresolved. That too was averted.

A similar dispute arose in 2008 prior to Australia's tour of the West Indies. Several senior West Indian players considered withdrawing from the first two Tests of the series to remain in the IPL, but returned after the WICB allowed them to skip a pre-series training camp.

The last time West Indies players actually took action, ten players - including then captain Brian Lara - boycotted the 2005 tour of Sri Lanka against a background of unprecedented controversy and confusion. A bitter, protracted row between the WICB and the players' association over sponsorship led to the late withdrawal of ten of the original squad of 13, including Lara, Chris Gayle and Ramnaresh Sarwan. Replacement players were called up for the Test series, which West Indies ended up losing 2-0.

West Indies squad for the first Test Omar Phillips, Dale Richards, Floyd Reifer (capt), Travis Dowlin, Chadwick Walton, Darren Sammy, Kemar Roach, Ryan Austin, Tino Best, Kevin McClean, Nelon Pascal, Andre Creary, Nikita Miller, Kraigg Braithwaite, David Bernard.
Old July 8, 2009, 10:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Now, if we lose to this team, we'll have no way to defend our test status from the critics.
Old July 8, 2009, 10:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Now, if we lose to this team, we'll have no way to defend our test status from the critics.
if we do lose the selectors should replace our entire team too...
Old July 9, 2009, 12:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default Bangladesh Replacement XII

Batting Order:

1. Hannan Sarkar
2. Mohammad Al Shahariar
3. Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alam (Bhaichh Keptin)
4. Tushar Imran
5. Faisal Hossain
6. Sajjad Kadir (Hat Muza Pileyar)
7. Sanowar Hossain (Keptin)
8. Arafat Salauddin
9. Tareq Aziz Khan
10. Manjural Islam
11. Alamgir Kabir

12th Man: Jodu Mia (Betin + Bolink [Ishpin End Pej] + Ishtera Hat Muza Pileyar)

Shahara Khatun- Kus
Amir Hoshen Amu- Phijio
Tarek Rohoman Jia- Menizar
Araphat Rohoman Kuku- Midia Faichchon
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

hahahahahahaaaaaaa.
Old July 9, 2009, 01:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Batting Order:

1. Hannan Sarkar
2. Mohammad Al Shahariar
3. Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alam (Bhaichh Keptin)
4. Tushar Imran
5. Faisal Hossain
6. Sajjad Kadir (Hat Muza Pileyar)
7. Sanowar Hossain (Keptin)
8. Arafat Salauddin
9. Tareq Aziz Khan
10. Manjural Islam
11. Alamgir Kabir

12th Man: Jodu Mia (Betin + Bolink [Ishpin End Pej] + Ishtera Hat Muza Pileyar)

Shahara Khatun- Kus
Amir Hoshen Amu- Phijio
Tarek Rohoman Jia- Menizar
Araphat Rohoman Kuku- Midia Faichchon

add abul mal al muhit.he is a funny looking guy with funny smile and from his nasal opening u can see his intestine.i think he is some minister
Old July 9, 2009, 01:05 AM
Street Cricketer

josh!!
Old July 9, 2009, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
add abul mal al muhit.he is a funny looking guy with funny smile and from his nasal opening u can see his intestine.i think he is some minister
Finance..
Old July 9, 2009, 05:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Just a few hours from the toss, I've been inundated with emails, SMSs, MMSs, PMSs and phone calls from the powers that be to zashtipy my selection. So editing them in italics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Batting Order:

1. Hannan Sarkar: Namesake of the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sport, Mr. Ahad Ali ..., MP and talto bhaista of former Speaker Jomiruddin ..., MP.
2. Mohammad Al Shahariar: Guaranteed to hit a boundary.
3. Khondokar Mohammad Rajin Saleh Alam (Bhaichh Keptin): Our answer to Sri Lankan players with long names.
4. Tushar Imran: Wields his bat like a lightsaber, in a galaxy far, FAR away.
5. Faisal Hossain: 'Great Expectations', mezbani maingsho style. His parents decided to go against Charles before getting creative with how his nick is spelled.
6. Sajjad Kadir (Hat Muza Pileyar): SaKa, alongside his seaming twin AlKa, also in the team, are 1-2 finishers of the Intergalactic Beauty Pageant in the alternate Universe next to Tushar's home world.
7. Sanowar Hossain (Keptin): The original bits and pieces all rounder from a system producing dozens of those per year. Also flies Biman and continues to live and talk about it.
8. Arafat Salauddin: No relation to the deceased PLO stalwart, or this team's Midia Faichchon, or the current head of BAFUFE, his ability to mimic a giant wad of Jell-O while moving is second to none.
9. Tareq Aziz Khan: Khan, pacer, get it?
10. Manjural Islam: Androgynous nick.
11. Alamgir Kabir: See SaKa.

12th Man: Jodu Mia (Betin + Bolink [Ishpin End Pej] + Ishtera Hat Muza Pileyar): From the famous kiriket pilear Mia Bari of central Badda, behind the sewage dump next to the 3rd "Bhai-Bhai" restaurant. It was a tough call to pick him over brothers Modu, Lau (Chinese mother), and Kodu, but his keeping abilities put him over the top.

Shahara Khatun, Kus: Runs the cops, alienates her deputy, and has a mind of her own. Also a successful negotiator, a must for this position.
Amir Hoshen Amu, Phijio: Former Minister of Cuisine, personifies the Bangla phrase "shastho bhalo".
Tarek Rohoman Jia, Menizar: Managed a major political party into record seats, AND set new standards for personal growth. A natural for the job.
Araphat Rohoman Kuku, Midia Faichchon: The undisputed Tsar of his own Maltimidia Pharm, Advance Ad. That, and his aversion to dentistry make him perfect for a job containing the word Midia.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 9, 2009 at 05:58 AM..
Old July 9, 2009, 09:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

On the eve of the test,

The unknown creaping me out. I am unsettled. Are these as care free as the regular WI produces? With Raggae in there blood, would they go after the bowlers or be opposite and have patience and tormant the visitors? The drum beats sway, the rythm mesmorizes, will there be a display of masterstrokesmen? Birth of new stars? Or eventually the pressure of intl cricket will engulf them. Remains to be seen.

I feel for the WI 1st eleven. I wish they were playing. Knowing your opponent is always beneficial before any battle. I feel for the BD players as well. Play your game. Hopefully the opponents have to adjust to you not the other way around. Unions are always creating problems. However, here I think they have a cause. I wouldn't want to be in the WI players shoes.

I wonder what the Aussie coach is doing? Sippin and listenin to Buffalo soldier?
Old July 9, 2009, 09:48 AM

T_e bhai, its not the reggae or ganja or whatever may be..... but the first class cricket they play that'll decide what happens in this unknown.
Old July 9, 2009, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Do you guys have any Idea about the new WI captain?
I feel bad for him...