facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 18, 2007, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default Blast nearly kills Bhutto. 127 dead.

Just saw the news in google. The bomb went off just feet from her vehicle but she survived. It happened just after she arrived in Pakistan from exile.

Link

Old October 18, 2007, 08:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

perhaps now she will go back to wherever she came from and take khaleda and hasina with her...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 18, 2007, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
perhaps now she will go back to wherever she came from and take khaleda and hasina with her...
Haha. I was thinking along those lines.
Old October 18, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

so it appears that bhutto arriving to rape pakistan again is more valuable than the 127 innocent people killed in order to achieve this majestic second coming...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

praying for the departed souls...... no further comment (big sigh.....)
Old October 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Loss of innocent civilian lives is always disturbing; 127 is a large number too.
Old October 18, 2007, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

What's more disturbing is that a country as unstable as Pakistan is in possession of nuclear weapons.
Old October 18, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Simply terrible
Old October 19, 2007, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Just can't believe this. 127 innocent lives...over some stupid corrupt b****.

Truly, this is extremism.

Hope the departed ones rest in peace.
Old October 19, 2007, 01:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My prayers are with all those victimized by this evil act.

That said, I continue to be thankful about 1971, the wisdom of Bangladeshi people who continue to decisively reject sectarianism at the polls, and RAB as well as our Armed Forces who continue to give those evil hatemongers exactly what they deserve. The chaotic sectarianism, the subsequent violence and dictarorial politics of Pakistan is where they came from, and that's where they can find a home again. They never supported the creation of Bangladesh anyway.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 19, 2007 at 01:30 AM..
Old October 19, 2007, 01:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Quote:
so it appears that bhutto arriving to rape pakistan again is more valuable than the 127 innocent people killed in order to achieve this majestic second coming...
Spot on my brother Asaad ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 19, 2007, 02:08 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

oh god, she just had to come back... I mean come on! Sad day for politics.
Old October 19, 2007, 04:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Mushrraf doesn't want to leave.... hmmm

Pakistan did democracy or it will become another Burma.
Old October 19, 2007, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

When we gonna go against these type of brutal cowardish activities loudly & together as a united muslim world?
Old October 19, 2007, 08:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

God save the departed souls.
Dirty politics at its best.
Dont want to go into too much details, but im sure its been done by Bhutto's party itself.
Now they have a stronger case to fight for democracy(!).
Symphathy of emotional illeterates that is us subcontinentals.
She needed to arrive with a bang, and bang it was. The whole world is watching.
And offcourse, she couldnt let those bloods of innocents go in vein.(!!)
( Ei rokto amra britha jete dite parina)

BS. Let the whole paki burn in hell, for i couldnt care less.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 19, 2007, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

As I see more of this kind of news, I thank God that we broke away from that country in 71.
Old October 19, 2007, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Seeing the posts above, it's needless convince anyone that Bhutto is the culprit as much as she "might" have been a victim. Before she arrived, she was given the choice of helicopter to deter a possible strike by Al-Qaeda or Taliban loyalists. She rejected that because "she wasn't scared". Well ofcourse she wasn't, her convoy is surrounded by 150, 000 or so people and her vehicle is bullet/bomb proof. Any attack will only hurt the people.

In a country like Pakistan where bombs go off more than anywhere in the world (only to be beaten by Afghanistan and Iraq), she should have had the common sense (if she cared in first place) that if she chose ahead with the parade, she would have endangered hundreds of thousands of her very own supporters.

Its not a difficult math to work out especially when you are forewarned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
When we gonna go against these type of brutal cowardish activities loudly & together as a united muslim world?
We won't. Let's get back to reality, as we are inching towards Judgement Day, whatever has been predicted by the Quran and our Prophet (Pbuh) is coming to reality. You know what they are and nothing we do can change things.

Last edited by Alien; October 19, 2007 at 08:42 AM..
Old October 19, 2007, 08:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
Not in my life time for sure.

may the souls rest in peace.
Old October 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

This is interesting. Take a look at the stuff highlighted in bold.

Quote:
Benazir Bhutto described today how she had received a warning just half an hour before last night's devastating attack on her homecoming procession that a suicide bomber would target the truck in which she was travelling.

More than 130 people were killed in two blasts that rocked Ms Bhutto's motorcade as it edged through hundreds of thousands of well-wishers in Karachi who had stayed up late into the night to welcome her back to Pakistan after eight years of self-imposed exile.

In an interview with a French magazine only a few hours after the bombing, the former premier said that many of them were young policemen sent in to block the path of a suicide bomber after last night's warning was received by police and passed on to her entourage by the intelligence services.

But she nevertheless accused high-ranking members of Pakistan's intelligence services of being behind the attack, arguing that Islamic militants could not mount such a sophisticated attack "from a mountain cave".

Ms Bhutto, 54, has pledged to carry on with her political comeback and contest parliamentary elections in January at the head of her Pakistan People's Party, saying that her attackers "did not manage to decapitate the democracy movement".

Police said today that they had found the severed head of the bomber, a man of around 20 who had been carrying some 20kg of explosives, and were trying to identify him. The Interior Ministry said that the first blast had been caused by a hand grenade - although some of Ms Bhutto's supporters insisted that there had been a car bomb.

Ms Bhutto, uninjured, was whisked away to Bilawal House, her family residence in the port city, as her supporters fled in panic after the midnight attack.

There was no claim of responsibility. Police were investigating whether the bomb had links to tribal regions bordering Afghanistan which have become hotbeds of support for al-Qaeda and the Taleban. Militants linked to al-Qaeda, angered by Ms Bhutto's pledge to hunt down Osama bin Laden, had threatened to assassinate her only a few days ago.

In an interview with Paris Match in her Karachi residence, Ms Bhutto said: "The Talebs and the Islamists extremists cannot act alone. They can't commit their suicide attacks from a mountain cave. They need logistics, food, weapons and someone to supervise them."

She told the magazine that she knew "exactly" who wanted to kill her – former officials from the regime of the late General Muhammad Zia ul-Haq, who overthrew her father 30 years ago and oversaw the trial which ended in his execution.

"We should purge these elements still present in our secret services," she said. "Many of them took retirement but have been re-hired. Today they have a lot of power and I represent a danger to them: if I bring back democracy to the country, they will lose their influence."

Ms Bhutto rejected a suggestion that she might be held responsible for the attacks, given warnings from the government of General Pervez Musharraf that she would be a target for suicide bombers.
Link to this news
If she at least can't say sorry for what her welcome parade as caused, she should have had the decency to stay low. If terrorist can hijack 4 airliner and crash 2 of them into WTC and 1 into the Pentagon from "mountain cave" then how hard is hitting her convoy?

Last edited by Alien; October 19, 2007 at 08:59 AM..
Old October 19, 2007, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

The Irony is that even after thanking God and all the souls that contribued to make Bangladesh free from the evil grips of Pakistan we shall still continue( and mark my words) to vote Rajakars and make them the member of Parliament. How hard is it to figure out about who created the likes of Bangla Bhai? U talk about the death tolls. Trust me brothers as long as we don repair the pillar called secularism on Which bangladesh was initially based we might as well be ready to count 10 times more the number of dead bodies in near future. Pls help free Bangladesh from the likes of Mujaheeds and Nizamis.
Old October 19, 2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

This kind of an event will always lead to a thread like this, which will also bring in people like HereWeGo.

I'm not sure why we need to get so worked up with what just happened. Let them crap on themselves and live happily ever after. We are not talking about our country here.
Old October 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

There are 3 legs to the stool here - the "religious" and yet murderous fanatics, the "erudite" and yet communist fags, and the "westernized" but amazingly corrupt despots.

Just sit on that tool and crush them all - better still, puke on all of them.

When all three legs are broken, that's when the "disciplined" and yet diabolically tyrant military comes in.

Umm...all this some the situation into one thing: a 3rd world country...decimated by centuries of colonialism, and then raped by 50 years of cold war. What do you all expect.

Instead of expressing so much shock, why don't you all try harder to be a better and caring individual? Oh, I just realized, most of you are still students - all this sounds just too tempting to resist a discussion.
Old October 19, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Since you are such a great pundit than y don u try to point out whats wrong with my logic instead of a personal bash. Such a thread shows up and we comment on it because it helps to give us warning on wat to expect in bangladesh in near future.
I love my country and I feel disgusted to see war criminals reperesenting us at the parliament. If U got a problem with that!....trust me i cudnt care less. U call urself a pundit but i am sorry to say that u are really ignorant.
Old October 19, 2007, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

OMG...do you have to come back?
Old October 19, 2007, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

OMG u had to show up...