facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 31, 2003, 11:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default My already planned article for tomorrow: \"Did BD ever got to such a place called South Africa? Do the batsman know that there exists a place called Australia?\"

My already planned article for tomorrow:

There is a place called South Africa. In such a place balls come above shoulder-height. In such a place balls will instantly come to your rib-cage and you will find the fast bowlers using those wickets in a well-defined manner.

There is also another place called Australia. Where people will bowl at you with a nagging accuracy. Balls will come to you higher than your stumps, some will come to target your rib-cages.

The most important question is, do the Bangladeshi batsman know of such two places? Haven't they even heard of such wickets where the ball comes to their head-high?

The answer: Oh yes, Bangaldesh have been to those places and had played quite commandably there. When everybody thought that they are gonna be bulldozed by such bouncers, they have actually survived a number of balls and have a few test match fifties there.

Oh, really? - is the reply, with a un-trustworthy smile, such a smile would tear your heart out, it will make your head down to think that WHY WAS I BORN A BANGLADESHI?

Old October 31, 2003, 03:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am also surprised at bd batters' capitulation against fast and bouncing balls in a batting friendly pitch while they faced much menacing opponents in SA and Aus.

Probably they did not expect eng bowlers to generate this much bounce from the wickets. They played in these wickets all their lives but probably never faced balls which was remotely close to rib cage. That was probably ingrained in their mindset and so less prepared. While they tour SA and AUS they spend most of their how to tackle faster and bouncy balls which they thought they need not do while at home.
Old October 31, 2003, 05:29 PM
First BC Member

Element of surprise, eh?
Old October 31, 2003, 07:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Default It will take several years to be like a real test team for us but i wish Dave will stay for that long

Don't mind but it's true we are not that team yet to win a test match, even a oneday...i looked and mostly followed recent matches and the record shows us we are improving but we are still not upto that standard...so forget about win...just pray and wish players practice hard and Dave stays with us for couple of years till we become like Srilanka...that's a long way to go
Old October 31, 2003, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

How many of the current team members travelled to South Africa?
Old November 1, 2003, 12:40 AM
First BC Member

Members of South Africa tour:

1) Hannan Sarkar
2) Javed Omar
3) Habibul Bashar
4) Alok Kapali
5) Khaled Mashud
6) Mohammad Rafique
7) Khaled Mahmud
8) Tapash Baisya

Members of the Australia tour:

1) Hannan Sarkar
2) Javed Omar
3) Habibul Bashar
4) Alok Kapali
5) Khaled Mashud
6) Khaled Mahmud
7) Tapash Baisya
8) Mashrafee Bin Murtoza

That's quite a lot of the present squad that has gone to both of those places.
Old November 1, 2003, 05:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Default these two looses are for their stupidity and carelessness

NO matter you curse me or tell me to shut up...i bet if you see how they played you will even agree with me...Bangladesh lost because of these 11 players who represent our country( I wonder when they will realize that)...they play stroke to display "their talents" and put the team "Bangladesh" each time to a humiliating position....look at their outs they sacrificed their own wkts after hitting two/three fours...even oneday nowadyas good team scores 300...We got a good coach( one of the best) but our players hopefully cares about his advices(!)...

Now ppl can tell that we are new...but responsiblity is nothing to do with experience...we don't have to win or score 400 our responsiblity was so simple stay their and bat the whole day...it's improbable to score 400 and win so why can't we narrow our win...so i didn't expect them to score even 350 plus. Last post, I mentioned 250 will be our target but getting out in 130's...com'n give me a break. Even if you enter a job as an entry level you have to be responsible ...even you study or in university you don't have to ace higher level classes but you introductory courses you have to be responsible for your work and perform upto to the standard for a decent results...I never expected them to win but atleast we could have batted whole day....

...don matter whom you bring like Dave Whatmore, Gordon Grinidge....if we don't take any responsiblity it's rather we step down...world is realistic and tough...even in jobfield and education field..if you are not responsible you are history...so my dear players you take your own decision for the sake of the country and fans...