facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2005, 12:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Dav\'s leaving

Dav's leaving in September. I just met him at Stan Chart yesterday, we both use the same branch. Talks are pretty much finalized between him and the indiand cricket board, they're still haggling over the length of contract as the board wants to give him a one year contract to startf off with but whatmore wants a longer contract.

Anyways, such is professional cricket. So who should our next coach be?

Old April 9, 2005, 12:21 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

WHAT?
Old April 9, 2005, 12:21 AM
Club Cricketer

haha ei chapata marar dorker ki ? Media er agey Banglacricketstaff janey ? lol ........... Is that possible ....... ? Tarmaney desh er shanbadikra ghash khai ................. , ekhon onek din baaki eto din e koto kisu hoiya jai , agey leave koruk . porey dekhum .......

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 9:08 AM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: moderation
Old April 9, 2005, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

It's a confusing time.
I don't know what to believe.
Getting opposing news from left and right.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:22 AM
First BC Member

And all this time, I have been thinking that it was all 'rumours'!
Old April 9, 2005, 12:26 AM
First BC Member

Does it mean that both Habibul Bashar & Khaled Mahmud know about Dav's leaving? Because as per Daily Star's report today, Dav talked with both Bashar & Mahmud during break time of practice session!
Old April 9, 2005, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by samircreep
Dav's leaving in September. I just met him at Stan Chart yesterday, we both use the same branch. Talks are pretty much finalized between him and the indiand cricket board, they're still haggling over the length of contract as the board wants to give him a one year contract to startf off with but whatmore wants a longer contract.

Anyways, such is professional cricket. So who should our next coach be?
Old April 9, 2005, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by dukha
haha ei chapata marar dorker ki ? Media er agey Banglacricketstaff janey ? lol ........... Is that possible ....... ? Tarmaney desh er shanbadikra ghash khai ................. Shobgulai money Chagol .....Samir bhai kisu money koiren nah , ekhon onek din baaki eto din e koto kisu hoiya jai , agey leave koruk . porey dekhum ....... : great:
Sameercreep wouldn't lie.

Old April 9, 2005, 12:29 AM
First BC Member

SO SOON!
Old April 9, 2005, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Does Samircreep has very close friendly relation with Dav? With due respect to Samircreep, I was thinking it is very unusual for a person like Dav to discuss such an information at a Bank Counter, whereas he is not discussing the information even with the BCB.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:31 AM
First BC Member

I just saw a terrific post at Bangladesher Khela - why don't we exchange Whatmore for Wright?
Old April 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ya Shumon knows I'm sure. The thing is, players are under a code of conduct so they cant really say anything in public.

Dav makes 10 grand a month (I know this coz Raihan Alauddin, a manager at stan chart gulshan branch is a close friend of mine) and apparently the indian board is offering him almost twice as much. Hard offer to turn down.

On another note, ash and aftab went to bongo yesterday to pile up on thei winter clothes
Old April 9, 2005, 12:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Arey eto doraner ki asey ? Or familyrey kidnapped koira nimu ney September e ....... That's totally he leaves in September join what ? Join Malaysia or Zimbabwe .... Middle of the month unless the contract finished noone can leave ........ Bhaiyera Ei shob chapabaazitey bishwash koiren nah ......... Alright ya wanna proove we wanna see the media report says "I am Leaving" don't have it huh . So why saying crap for crap thread .......... Duniyai ki shobai pagol ? Jak jak Chil e kaan niya gesey ....Kintu Bangladesh e to chil e nai .............hahahaha...............:f lag::fla g:
Old April 9, 2005, 12:33 AM
First BC Member

Now what will happen to us?
Old April 9, 2005, 12:35 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
the indian board is offering him almost twice as much. Hard offer to turn down.
Yes, one comment of a certain BCB official at the Daily Star report today hinted something like that.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:43 AM
First BC Member

Will Whatmore stay upto the SL tour, or will he leave before the SL tour begins?
Old April 9, 2005, 12:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think that's the problem with having a high profile coach. I remember when I interviewed Dav for the first time last winter, he told me that he was kinda pissed for not being retained by the SL management and the BD job was more of a challenege than a longterm professional move. He actually used BDs first test win as a benchmark and said that would be the aim of his job. Well, he's acheieved that and maybe he just wants to coach the big boys now, something that he had always wanted from day 1.

These things will happen and as i said, thats one of the problems with having a high profile coach.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by samircreep
I think that's the problem with having a high profile coach. I remember when I interviewed Dav for the first time last winter, he told me that he was kinda pissed for not being retained by the SL management and the BD job was more of a challenege than a longterm professional move. He actually used BDs first test win as a benchmark and said that would be the aim of his job. Well, he's acheieved that and maybe he just wants to coach the big boys now, something that he had always wanted from day 1.

These things will happen and as i said, thats one of the problems with having a high profile coach.
Come on Sameer ? Why worring too much ? So we have so manys choices , if he leaves then who cares ? He can't stay long with a team anyway as he left Srilanka ......Who cares man ? I just wondered our media never has any kind of info but ya have . Good on ya mate ......... Great News , Dav's profile is not good to stay along with a team for a long time ........... Allah jaa korey bhalor jonnei korey . Mind that ........

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 5:51 AM GMT, by dukha.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 5:53 AM GMT, by dukha.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:01 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
if he leaves then who cares ?
I care.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:06 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
think that's the problem with having a high profile coach. I remember when I interviewed Dav for the first time last winter, he told me that he was kinda pissed for not being retained by the SL management and the BD job was more of a challenege than a longterm professional move. He actually used BDs first test win as a benchmark and said that would be the aim of his job. Well, he's acheieved that and maybe he just wants to coach the big boys now, something that he had always wanted from day 1.
Well I suppose from our own track records, we have never been able to retain a good coach for long without too much bad incidents. So it is better in a way that Dav is leaving (who am I kidding? Just trying to find out positives from all the negetive things).

If Dav leaves in this way, then we will always have an outside chance of getting him back some time later if he wants - unlike the way we fired Gordon Greenidge, or the way Amarnath or Mohsin Kamal left.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Why ya care ? If his intension to leave the team . he is not gonna perform well . He will find the way get kicked out from The BCB .. Do we want that ? Obviously not ...... Jar jeita kortey iccha korey tarey tai e kortey dewa uchit aar tarey jor koira kisu korano jai nah ?

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 6:10 AM GMT, by dukha.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:26 AM
Test Cricketer

McInnee for our National team coach.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:50 AM
BC Editorial Team

Well, it had to happen I guess. So Dav will leave in September. Pity - not just cuz he's a good coach and BD will owe him a lot. Rather more because his impending departure might just be the psychological blow that cuases the Tiger's to implode. I wish Dav well in India - though I suspect he will not be that succesful there. I do wish though he had been a little more tactful and considerate in his professional pursuits.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

I admired Dave the way he defended bangladesh in tough times. Good luck to him if he really wants to leave. I only thought, timing could have been better becuase dave has everything going for him now in bangladesh. may be he wants to retire in few years and get another wc ring before that
Old April 9, 2005, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by shujan
McInnee for our National team coach.
You're a light-year behind bud. McInnes has taken up a job offer with Cricket Australia and is leaving this summer.

Anyway back to the topic - I agree with RazabQ there. But you also have to see the financial aspect. He'd be stupid to stay with BD when he's got a job offer that is much more prestigious and bears a salivating prospect of twice the salary. He belongs to the big boys' league anyway.

While I hesitate to predict his performance with the Indians, I doubt he will be very successful with them. It's a whole different proposition coaching the Indians - a captain as dominating as Ganguly, legend like Tendulkar (who probably doesn't need a coach anyway), a dasher like Sehwag, and a host of others. Nonetheless his stint with the Tigers gave him the opportunity to hone his patience and doggedness that can only help him coach better in future. Cheers for everything he has done for us. Let's be grateful to him for his contribution. But sadly it's time to move on. Let's now talk about his replacement.

Edited on, April 9, 2005, 7:06 AM GMT, by Carte Blanche.