facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 4, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
1) Frankly speaking thats a cop out. It isn't UAE's constitutional duty to look after the well being of migrant workers beyond a roof, bread, and water is it? Its not in the US's constitutional duties to close down Gitmo and see that every accused terrorist receives due process is it? The last time I checked, every nation is bound to maximize the well being of its citizens and for the record, treating foreign migrants in the worst tolerable conditions maximizes their national resources for citizens.

2) Its brought up precisely because there are those amongst us who believe that something which stopped happening decades ago is somehow more dangerous than what is actually happening now! Probably the only time the and emoticons can be used simaltaneously.

3) So you agree the Rohingya community are being punished collectively by the Bangladeshi government? Thats good to know.

Sorry for going off topic , I am not the one instigating it....

1) I really sometimes dont understand your points, do you just always argue for the sake of it? Do you really think that all foreign nationals in any country are not subject to the same level of protection from criminal activities (treated as slaves) as their own citizen. And yes treatment of someone like slaves should constitute as being criminal (may be not in your brother countries tho)...

Funny you mention Gitmo, atleast they dont chop off the head of another nationals infront of public like your brothers do..

2) Balochistan is happening today, as also slavery by the arabs...!! really whats your point again?

3) Yes they are being punished collectively, no doubt about it. Do I support it? A part of me does given I want the minority rights in our country being protected. A part does not because of humanitarian reasons, atleast women and children should be allowed inside.

*** Please discuss the topics in another thread if you really want to continue and dont kill this one***

Old December 5, 2012, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Frankly speaking thats a cop out. It isn't UAE's constitutional duty to look after the well being of migrant workers beyond a roof, bread, and water is it? Its not in the US's constitutional duties to close down Gitmo and see that every accused terrorist receives due process is it? .
Bhaijan, there is so much that is wrong in that statement that i am unsure of where to begin and where to finish.

Forget the UAE, where conditions are actually better than in some other countries.
You should see what migrants go through in places like Lebanon, parts of Saudi Arabia and so on

And foreign migrants treated in the worst tolerable conditions? I have a hard time believing that is true for most of the developed world.
Old December 5, 2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...ight-fire.html

interesting read.
Old December 5, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Sorry for going off topic , I am not the one instigating it....

1) I really sometimes dont understand your points, do you just always argue for the sake of it? Do you really think that all foreign nationals in any country are not subject to the same level of protection from criminal activities (treated as slaves) as their own citizen. And yes treatment of someone like slaves should constitute as being criminal (may be not in your brother countries tho)...
See here's the thing, I'm not willing to condone crimes comitted by anyone against anyone else. Maybe you have a psychological need to reinforce your bigotry and prejudice by setting one rule for those you feel some perverted sentiment towards, but reverse razakari is not my personal cup of tea.

Quote:
Funny you mention Gitmo, atleast they dont chop off the head of another nationals infront of public like your brothers do..
Whats even funnier is that losing your head is probably the quickest and least painful way to die. Of course you'd probably argue that your friends are more dead than say the Rohingya.

Quote:
2) Balochistan is happening today, as also slavery by the arabs...!! really whats your point again?
Balochis are also Pakistanis so I don't see why you are trying to show some back-handed love to them. Remember they are all guilty of the Rape of Bengal. Don't let someone dupe you into thinking that a 2 year old child had nothing to do with it. These are all propaganda coming from the madrasa.

Quote:
3) Yes they are being punished collectively, no doubt about it. Do I support it? A part of me does given I want the minority rights in our country being protected. A part does not because of humanitarian reasons, atleast women and children should be allowed inside.
So you are in fact just as criminally minded as your jamaati adversaries. Good to know.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 5, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Bhaijan, there is so much that is wrong in that statement that i am unsure of where to begin and where to finish.

Forget the UAE, where conditions are actually better than in some other countries.
You should see what migrants go through in places like Lebanon, parts of Saudi Arabia and so on

And foreign migrants treated in the worst tolerable conditions? I have a hard time believing that is true for most of the developed world.
Well thats precisely my point...everyone is equally culpable for their BS. There are some deluded folks who think that Western economic imperialism hasn't hurt a single soul.

Herewego, is under the mistaken delusion that I applaud the actions of razakars and anyone Islamic and condemn all else. I condemn anyone actively and unactively engaged in bullshit. Razakar or reverse razakar.

Most gulf arabs are dogs, I'm not disputing that...but to argue that blind eyed corportism eg "Wall Street" makes the world an awesome place if not for these stinking Ayrabs...is delusional to the point of deserving the ignominy they will inevitably bring upon themselves.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 5, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Can we for once set all our differences aside instead of arguing for arguments sakes burying the real tragedy under abstract analysis of intellectual debate?
Old December 5, 2012, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Can we for once set all our differences aside instead of arguing for arguments sakes burying the real tragedy under abstract analysis of intellectual debate?
Since when has an internet debate resolved anything? There is no discussion - all we do is display our preconceived notions much like baboons display their engorged hindquarters. We speak past one another - satisfied in our smug conceit that we are right and they are wrong. If we were capable of more, we would have gotten off that engorged hindquarter and do something about the issues that matter rather than engage in acute polemics. Let's face it - an internet 'discussion' forum or the comment sections are but the preserved of the passive-aggressive denizens like us who, under the comforting anonymity of the internet, wield a big stick and an in-your-face attitude. IRL? Boo, geese and all that.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well thats precisely my point...everyone is equally culpable for their BS. There are some deluded folks who think that Western economic imperialism hasn't hurt a single soul.

Herewego, is under the mistaken delusion that I applaud the actions of razakars and anyone Islamic and condemn all else. I condemn anyone actively and unactively engaged in bullshit. Razakar or reverse razakar.

Most gulf arabs are dogs, I'm not disputing that...but to argue that blind eyed corportism eg "Wall Street" makes the world an awesome place if not for these stinking Ayrabs...is delusional to the point of deserving the ignominy they will inevitably bring upon themselves.
Sorry Zeeshan, will only discuss related issues here

So here is the real thing...
You put forward a point and when I counter it you conveniently focus on something totally different.

Your first point
West(including all of us who buys made in Bangladesh product) are equally guilty as Arabs who force people to do slavery.

My counter : Your above argument is flawed completely because Walmart or Ralph Lauren is not responsible to police our garment industry.
My Query 1: Am I wrong in assuming that?

Secondly how you draw a parallel between this and Arabs mistreatment of SA workers is beyond me.

You than shift your argument abruptly to suggest that Somehow a country is only responsible for its own citizen and it is in no way criminal to mistreat a foreign worker or tourist

My Query 2: Do you really believe that is the case??

Finally on your last post: You conveniently again decide not to answer my original queries and this time just accuse me of being a bigot and blinded by west without giving any example.

Since zeeshan rightly complained, I would like to ask you, why did you use this thread to talk abt Arabs treatment of workers?

The rest of your point can be discussed in a separate thread not to mention all faulty arguments....
Old December 5, 2012, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Since when has an internet debate resolved anything? There is no discussion - all we do is display our preconceived notions much like baboons display their engorged hindquarters. We speak past one another - satisfied in our smug conceit that we are right and they are wrong. If we were capable of more, we would have gotten off that engorged hindquarter and do something about the issues that matter rather than engage in acute polemics. Let's face it - an internet 'discussion' forum or the comment sections are but the preserved of the passive-aggressive denizens like us who, under the comforting anonymity of the internet, wield a big stick and an in-your-face attitude. IRL? Boo, geese and all that.
My sincere apologies......
Old December 5, 2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

have a break. have a kit kat.