facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Stanley Cup in 2012-2013?
Detroit Red Wings 1 11.11%
Pittsburgh Penguins 4 44.44%
Los Angeles Kings 2 22.22%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Minnesota Wild 0 0%
Boston Bruins 1 11.11%
Chicago Black Hawks 2 22.22%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 11.11%
St. Louis Blues 1 11.11%
Random Canada based team (Please name your favorite fantasy) 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26, 2013, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well, Kadri's been hyped for a few seasons now, it's about time he started living up to it.

Old February 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Nice win for the Leafs. They have the look of a playoff team. I hope they sustain it till the end. I saw some parts of the game. It was brutal to say the least. Anyway, the more the Flyers lose, the happier I am. That Kessel goal?? wow...what a beaut..The Habs are playing great too. Not surprised at all. Therien is a great coach. Most people that watch the Pens know that it was him who built this team from a scratch. Bylsma came and stole his thunder. As you know, after the Pens, I root for all Canadian teams except the Senators. I just can't stand Brain Murray and his guttermouth owner.

Concussion and Pens are best friends. Sigh..Geno on shelf now. We are still winning, though not the way I like. Its always 5-4 or 6-3 types of win. Come playoff time, it won't work. I hope Shero has some plan. I think he will pull the trigger at some point. Its unreal that we are $10 mil under the cap. We have given away a lot of D this year for nothing. More to come, but by way of trade by deadline.

Chicago..??
Old February 26, 2013, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

I am beginning to miss the East vs West teams facing each other. Oh, how much would I love to see a Pens vs Hawks right now ! Or, Pens vs Ducks or Wings.
Old February 26, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well, Kadri's been hyped for a few seasons now, it's about time he started living up to it.
Takes time for a young player to develop, unless you are a sure fire superstar like Crosby, Towes, Kane, Stamkos, Malkin, Ovi etc who had impact right away.
Old March 1, 2013, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Bob McKenzie was on radio yesterday and said that Perry will not re-sign in Anahiem. Now that's still speculation, but since its Boobby Mac, it has a very real chance of happening. This news will make Beamer bhai very happy

I'll just leave this here.

Old March 3, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

I read that Bobby Mac interview for that Tor radio station. Who wouldn't love Perry? We would love to pair him with Crosby. But, I don't know if he is gonna be rental or for long term. If long term, that means one of Malkin or Letang have to go. Both are due for extension. I am not willing to part ways with Malkin, especially now that Jordan is gone. Letang remains a defensive liability at times, but guy is a stud. Had four pts last night. What a game it was vs Habs. 7-6 OT win. But, defense is in shambles and Vokun is a bum. We really need to upgrade defense ASAP, but I am not sure it will matter, since Bylsma is in love with puck moving fast defenders. He hates solid crease clearing defensive defensemen. That is the very reason why we have been losing in playoffs, and Shero is just enabling him. It was as upsetting a 7-6 win that I have ever seen. Offense is never our problem. We have scored 75+ goals already. But, this Bylsma is just ruining everything with his BS. I am so waiting for him to get canned. Just had enough.
Old March 3, 2013, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

He dodged a bullet by starting Vokun, who has been terrible. The last two games he started, he gave up ten goals. Yet, Bylsma went with him last night which upset MAF and he let it be known somewhat. He had so many family members in stands, yet he sits him for Vokun. He plays favoritism a lot. Two of the worst players in the team are Glass and TK, but Bylsma favorite, so they continue to play. For a team as skilled as ours, he continues to preach goal line to blue line stretch pass, hoping it will get tipped! We should be playing puck possession, like Therrien taught us or what Mike Babcock does ( We could use him BTW ), yet this career fourth liner coach wants the team to play like he did. I can't stand his BS anymore. Its not too late. If we keep him, we will be out in first round. They will fire him then.
Old March 3, 2013, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Final point : Michele Therrien would have won a Stanley Cup with us eventually. He got a raw deal. He is the one who built this team. I wish him nothing but success.
Old March 4, 2013, 09:01 AM
Test Cricketer

I found the 7-6 game to be quite entertaining from a netural pov :P Nice end to end hockey, but goaltending was suspect for both teams. Price hasn't been that great this year. He's good, but not up to the standard he has set for himself. I have seen hime give up quite a few softies this year.

I liked the Van-LA game, as expected. Two of the best teams in the league squaring off is always interesting. I particularly don't enjoy LA hockey, but I love Vancouver hockey. Their puck possesion game is excellent, often letting you see how much talent that roster has.

Scheider was absolutely on his game on Saturday. He made some difficult point blank saves look easy. Also noticable was Drew Doughty. The ease with which this guy carries the puck out of his own zone still amazes me. It feels like the rest of the players are standing still when he is weaving through from his own blue line to the other teams one. LA had atleast 3 quality scoring chances from his rushes.

Overall the game was similar to the Pittsburgh game in the sense that the teams pretty much traded goals until the third period, where Vancouver pulled ahead with a 2 goal lead. The most impressive goal for the night was Mason Raymond's snipe from about halway between the faceoff dot and the blue line. He absoutely sniped it in half stride, just like Kessel's goal against Winnipeg.

Some trade winds regarding Kulemin are picking up - Nonis is shipping him around it seems (Strickland I think). He is struggling to score goals this year. Seems like he's really lost his touch. After 3 straight seasons of 15+ goals, he has scored 9 in his last 100 games. St.Louis and Detroit are also apparently sniffing around the Leafs to see if they can pickup a D or two.

Leafs facing the Devils tonight. Historically we have had success against them, but they will be a tough team to beat. If our defensive system holds up, we have a good chance to win, as our offence is much more talented than theirs.
Old March 4, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Wasn't entertaining for me. My seven month old was wondering why daddy got so angry at the TV ..lol. Bylsma is very close to losing it. Forgot to mention that he also wont play Simon Depres, who was a beast at the game after being healthy scratch for three straight! Vokun is torture.

I don't like watching LA and Minn. Van cycles beautifully. No doubt about that. However, Chicago is in a different league. They not only cycle, they seem to float when they do it. If they don't win it all, it will be an utter disaster in Chicago.

Kulemin to Pitt has died down a bit. Hot rumor with PItt now involves Minn ( Setoguchi, Broussard ), Cal ( Iginla, Stepniak, Glencross ) and Dallas ( Morrow )

Please beat the Devils tonight. I will be at CEC tonight for the Pens-Lightning. Office tkts tonight.

I watched Bruins -Habs last night. I swear the Bruins could be penalized for boarding on every play. They are borderline to overtly dirty. Great win for MT and Habs.
Old March 4, 2013, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

The Devils have been beaten Kadri the best Leaf on the ice yet again.
Old March 5, 2013, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Devils are in trouble without Broduer. Kadri must be laughing at Ron Wilson. Great win !

It was a privilege to be at the arena to watch Geno-Sid-Stamkos play. Geno goal was special. What can you say about Crosby? We are fortunate to have him. His consistency in everything is so amazing. Just goes about his business and rakes in points. He wins faceoffs, scores, sets up team mates ( Kunitz is having a career year ), picks the pocket of opposing forwards, kills penalties..just a perfect hockey player. I thought our defense was bad but Tampa defense is shocking. Any other night and we would have walked away with nine goals last night. Wide open shots from Malkin-Neal, hit the posts three times behind the goalie, even the puck stopped on the goal line once after it beat their goalie. We thought it was one of those nights where you play like you are about to walk in and blow the doors out of them but for some reason the bounces were not going your way. Had that feeling throughout the night. Luckily Geno and Sid put an end to that.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Old March 7, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol..who is the lady, dude?

Another good win last night for the Leafs, aye? Playoffs is a certainty now from this position..
Old March 7, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, scary fight last night.
Old March 7, 2013, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The Leafs have a tendency to fall away semi-mid-league, except that this year the semi-mid-league is the mid-league. That might be "part" of the reason why it's looking promising this year. If they do finally make it after 9 years, Kadri's statue should go up outside the HoF down the street from Union station.
Old March 7, 2013, 04:17 PM
Test Cricketer

The lady is Phaneuf's GF, and actress Elisha Cuthbert.

Not really a solid win. A win nonetheless. We were in control for the first 50 mins, going up 5-2, but then chose to sit back and allow the Sens to get right back in the game with 2 quick goals. RC was pissed at the end, as he stromed off after the final horn. He usually congratulates the assistant coaches. If we continue this trend of long stretches of lazy play, we will get killed in the playoffs.

We'll probably make it this year because the team is playing a good defensive system. It's not like last year were we just outscored our opponents - that kind of a strategy is never sustainable. Plus we have secondary scoring now, which adds a new dimension to how teams defend against us. Shutting down Kessel isn't enough now.

The shortened season adds to it as well, since a collapse can't put you down that much. But I don't think there will be a collapse due to the aforementioned reasons. Goaltending has been great too. Reimer is 9-3 with a .920+ SV% and sub 2.8 GAA.

Tonight we face our Kryptonite - the Bruins. We are 0-7 against them in our last 7 meetings.
Old March 7, 2013, 06:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The National Hockey League Players' Association has given its approval to the NHL's proposed re-alignment plan
Quote:
Western Conference

Pacific Division: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose and Vancouver.

Mid-West Division: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis and Winnipeg.

Eastern Conference

Central Division: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto.

Atlantic Division: Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, N.Y. Islanders, N.Y. Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington.

The top three teams in each division would make the playoffs, along with the four wild-card teams - the best two non-division winners in each conference.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417615

Hate it.
Old March 8, 2013, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

I hope Perry becomes available, and we trade Kessel (1 extra year on contract) for him at the deadline. I have never seen a softer, sissier player than him in my life.

Loses every puck battle, never hits, never takes a hit to make plays, never goes into the corners, and stays 10 ft away from any type of contract. This loser would be good on a team like Pittsburgh/Boston/Anahiem where his linemates are x2 better than him, and draw the main focus. He can then regularly float around and avoid contact and still be effective, since the others will clear out space for him.

Burke did a good job with us in general, but he REALLY ****ed up with the Kessel trade. Payed the price of a franchise player for one that is not such.
Old March 8, 2013, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
The lady is Phaneuf's GF, and actress Elisha Cuthbert.

Not really a solid win. A win nonetheless. We were in control for the first 50 mins, going up 5-2, but then chose to sit back and allow the Sens to get right back in the game with 2 quick goals. RC was pissed at the end, as he stromed off after the final horn. He usually congratulates the assistant coaches. If we continue this trend of long stretches of lazy play, we will get killed in the playoffs.

We'll probably make it this year because the team is playing a good defensive system. It's not like last year were we just outscored our opponents - that kind of a strategy is never sustainable. Plus we have secondary scoring now, which adds a new dimension to how teams defend against us. Shutting down Kessel isn't enough now.

The shortened season adds to it as well, since a collapse can't put you down that much. But I don't think there will be a collapse due to the aforementioned reasons. Goaltending has been great too. Reimer is 9-3 with a .920+ SV% and sub 2.8 GAA.

Tonight we face our Kryptonite - the Bruins. We are 0-7 against them in our last 7 meetings.
Otherwise known as Sean Avery's sloppy second ! Now, I remember.
Old March 8, 2013, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

I hate this realignment too. Gotta deal with it..
Old March 8, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
I hope Perry becomes available, and we trade Kessel (1 extra year on contract) for him at the deadline. I have never seen a softer, sissier player than him in my life.

Loses every puck battle, never hits, never takes a hit to make plays, never goes into the corners, and stays 10 ft away from any type of contract. This loser would be good on a team like Pittsburgh/Boston/Anahiem where his linemates are x2 better than him, and draw the main focus. He can then regularly float around and avoid contact and still be effective, since the others will clear out space for him.

Burke did a good job with us in general, but he REALLY ****ed up with the Kessel trade. Payed the price of a franchise player for one that is not such.
Lol...you are angry this morning. Just one game. Besides, you have Pens on Sat, which is usually a win ! I think what Leafs need is a legit #1 C. In that regard, I think you guys should really try to get Getzlaf instead of Perry. Leafs have decent amount of good wingers.

What a come back by Pens last night. 4 unanswered goal to beat Flyers. Watch out league. Sid is leading the league with 39 points. Normalcy restored. You gonna play that dip **** David Steckel tomorrow?
Old March 8, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Scrap that Getzlaf idea. He just got paid. 8 year AAV $8.25 mil. Woow! Great player but overpayment IMO. Never scored more than 25 goals in a season, but Ducks had to do it. That means pack your bags Mr.Perry. Ducks have a lot of up and coming wingers, plus trading Perry would add some serious value. Maybe Kessel can join Burke in ANA for Perry..Food for thought.
Old March 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

ekhane bhaloi to marizona discussion cholcche

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 9, 2013, 12:45 AM
Test Cricketer

I think that contract is fine. It's 8 years, which is the key here. Parise/Suter got 7.5 on 13 years. 5 less years, but .75 more is a fair trade off.

Plus, check the salary those two are getting in the first 8 years. The cap hit of that is more than 8.5M. With the new CBA rules in place, players like Getzlaf will have huge caphits commonly now. He's a playmaker too, so the goal count isn't really a good indicator of his play.

You guys extended Crosby at the perfect time. I wonder if Malkin is willing to sign for 8.7/8 now though. I think you guys might have to give him Ovy money to keep him happy.

I wonder what Perry is gonna get in FA now. Probably 9M for 7 years if it's open bidding.

Yea, I hope Burke can convince Anahiem to make that move