facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2016, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Mashrafe's captaincy in T20Is

Having watched both T20s and ODIs, I have found that Mashrafe is quite aggressive and positive as far as captaincy is concerned in ODI format, often having a close in fielder and fielders in positions where the batsman previously struck the ball. Bowling changes too were quite positive.

However, in T20s I have noticed he is a bit more negative. Noticed that in the past he didn't complete the overs of spinners(a good example was in 2014, 2 years back where 3 overs of Shakib and Sunny was remaining and he overbowled Reza).

Today as well, it was overcast conditions and he picked 4 pace bowlers, yes 4 and he made the keeper come up to the batsman. Now slow medium pace is very easy to hit especially in the powerplay with the ball being hard and the fielders inside the ring. Furthermore, the bowlers are not being able to bowl at a good channel or have slip. And the worst part is even after the bowlers were struck for boundaries he didn't even consider asking the keeer to go back to the boundaries.

Now Haturi da may be behind this as well and there is the concept of experimentation but what these are debutants who performed well in BPL bowling at around 130-135, not with the keeper up.

Atleast by my observation, his captaincy in T20s leaves a lot to be desired. I am not suggesting that he is anywhere as bad as Mushfiq but he has been making plenty of blunders. An exceptional ODI captain, but in T20s I am not really a big fan. The disappointment is more so because he has shown glimpses of excellence in our format but not the other. However, it is my personal opinion only.

However, a question mark on the team management's decision to test pace attack when our main mode of attack in T20s in the SC is "SPIN" and here we are testing 4 pace bowlers. Netherlands, Ireland in particular will feast on the deliveries coming at 110-120KPH.
Old January 20, 2016, 04:53 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Mash i not a technical captain. he sometimes make brilliant decisions, other times very ordinary ones

But one this mash is that he is a leader. thats why he is the captain, thats why in important situations he'll find a way to uplift the team
Old January 20, 2016, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Mash i not a technical captain. he sometimes make brilliant decisions, other times very ordinary ones

But one this mash is that he is a leader. thats why he is the captain, thats why in important situations he'll find a way to uplift the team
Indeed, he brings this vibe into the team

BUT

I feel he is a technical captain. His bowling and field setting in ODIs was rather good. But what is he doing today? keeper up on seam friendly conditions
Old January 20, 2016, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

It could be the keeper who is initiating that response to come up because he wants the batsmen to stay in the crease, which in turn may force bowlers to bowl slower.

But you are missing the main point here, you are not going to push ANY OPPONENTS let alone Netherlands Ireland with bowlers like these. You must must must have the fastest bowlers like Mustafizur Rubel Taskin bowling at tandem. I think looking at this series that may not be a possibility as they are not even in the frame so we have to accept that in the coming months we are going to be very disappointed. Back to 2014.

I will come back and said I told you so, yes I am that confident. Bring in Alamin/Shahid/Mukhtar Ali and we will crash and burn.
Old January 20, 2016, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
It could be the keeper who is initiating that response to come up because he wants the batsmen to stay in the crease, which in turn may force bowlers to bowl slower.

But you are missing the main point here, you are not going to push ANY OPPONENTS let alone Netherlands Ireland with bowlers like these. You must must must have the fastest bowlers like Mustafizur Rubel Taskin bowling at tandem. I think looking at this series that may not be a possibility as they are not even in the frame so we have to accept that in the coming months we are going to be very disappointed. Back to 2014.

I will come back and said I told you so, yes I am that confident. Bring in Alamin/Shahid/Mukhtar Ali and we will crash and burn.
Keeper has zero say, it is usually the captain or the bowler.

I don't know how effective Taskin and Rubel will be given neither in form and just suffered injury. As for Mukhtar ali, i don't know what is he doing unless selectors consider him as a lower order hitter which makes way more sense than having Hom but didn't hve a good BPL.

Shahid probably in as an option for opening the bowling innigs but blame the clueless captain for asking the keeper to come up the stumps and forcing the bowlers to bowl 120KPH half trackers
Old January 20, 2016, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Did you see Mashrafee giving instructions to the keeper?
Old January 20, 2016, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Excuse me for my ignorance I didn't notice it. And no way can a young keeper force the bowler to bowl differently, its always the other way around.

And if he really is making decisions for the team, then there is something very wrong with the team.
Old January 20, 2016, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Agree with op. Even if BD wins 10 nil with such team like Zim. Lower teans. Mash captaincy for t20 is not good, he himself doesnt deserve a place its only cause of his good captaincy in odis. Tbh I'd make Shakib the t20 captain. We still need mash for ODI's atleast till amd give him CT 17 and then call it a day.

Need to groom, Sakib back into the mould properly... Sakib is the one who lead BD in a WC, dont forget, I know he has been bit this and that, but in 2010/11 sakib was our imran khan as captain and player. Lets forget the mistake he has made, bcb need to sit down with coach and sakib and current captain, olan long term. Bangladesher Jaan needs to be captain future so needs to understand and learn what do to and not to do..
Old January 20, 2016, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Agree with op. Even if BD wins 10 nil with such team like Zim. Lower teans. Mash captaincy for t20 is not good, he himself doesnt deserve a place its only cause of his good captaincy in odis. Tbh I'd make Shakib the t20 captain. We still need mash for ODI's atleast till amd give him CT 17 and then call it a day.

Need to groom, Sakib back into the mould properly... Sakib is the one who lead BD in a WC, dont forget, I know he has been bit this and that, but in 2010/11 sakib was our imran khan as captain and player. Lets forget the mistake he has made, bcb need to sit down with coach and sakib and current captain, olan long term. Bangladesher Jaan needs to be captain future so needs to understand and

learn what do to and not to do..
Shakib so average as a captain, he just carries the team and non stop spin and kills the game off. Mashrafee still our best captain and his batting is important in t20, mahmadullah should be groomed into the next captain in odis and test and need to find one in t20, maybe Shakib is true best option in the future of t20s

Old January 20, 2016, 12:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

I'd make Riyad the captain if ODI team (after Mash retires).

For T-20, Shakib makes sense. But I would have gone with a street-smart cricketer like Nasir (if he was in form and a permanent member of the T-20 squad).
Old January 20, 2016, 02:12 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Not his fault but we are experimenting way too much.

Where is Rubel? Why resting Al Amin? Why is Tasking on the bench? We need pace against lower ranks teams. Only Musta deserve some rest!!!
Old January 21, 2016, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

His captaincy in T20I is very good...a true leader.
Old January 21, 2016, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

don't know how bad or good his captaincy is in T20s, time will tell.
But I try to keep my hopes low as we suck in T20s anyway.
One thing for sure, he is the best option we have, so better back him.