facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 19, 2005, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Default We should always have low expectations becoz......

Guys, we saw that whenenver most of us expect ver low from our team, they perform better and when enver we expect them to do better they do the opposite.

Before the match against Aussies, 95% ppl said they gonna blast us. They gonna creat record by scoring 400. Adam Gilchrist gonna score 200 and so on.

But we defeated them very nicely.

Now, let us say about the 1st match. Most us did expect that we would do good and even before the Natwest trophy it was England every said that Bangladesh would defeat, Australia was in no one's head. The 2nd innings in 2nd test match made us more to expect Bangladesh to do well in the 1st Odi but the England team just thrashed us by 10wkts. They slaugtered our bowlers.

Now, let me say bout the 2nd test match against Zim. We though Bd gonna smash them and they gonna white wash them but instead they made us draw the match and we really struggled in the 1st innings. We should have won that match and white wash them had we not expected too much from our team.

Later in the ODi's many of us though we gonna beat them nicely over here and whn we lost botth ODi's many thought we would loose the 3rd also but Bangladesh won that.

Guyz, there are many more instances where we expect Bd to do good but it doesnot happen and when we expect them to get thrashed the opposite happens.

I still recall that how BD played well against the Aussies on thier home Soil whn the whole world said they gonna finish us in 1day...but we saw that wht we expected never happens, instead we paleyd more than our expectations...

So, every1 plz plz plz dont expect too much from Bangladesh after we defeated the Aussies...

Old June 19, 2005, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

k then.... i think BD will lose by 100 runs against England.....

lol. I expect us to perform better than the first match but i doubt a win is a possibility unless England become too confident....
Old June 19, 2005, 10:31 AM
Test Cricketer

It's upto the players to have the confidence of winning a game. Nothing happens if we keep our finger is crossed or V position.
Old June 19, 2005, 10:46 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Hmm.. sounds like a theory but it is kinda difficult not to expect good things for your country. But I honestly think BD will lose badly in their next match against England.

I wasn't even aware of yesterday's match so I had no expectation either. It was embarassing to think about our performance from one after another massive defeats we got against England. But at the end of the day, I will always have high hopes for Bangladesh.

Besides, cricket is more sophisticated and competitive than the early days and considering our several big wins in last 5-7 years, I think we might get used to the glory. What we need is maintain and improve our performance through experience of losses and wins. We are still a young team. Experience can only be achieved from consistency and it can be a lengthy process. I believe Bangladesh has the ability to do it if we have patience.