facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 15, 2012, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Just one wicket lost in 2 sessions...can't expect better than that! Just 101 more needed now.
I am now looking for a lead of at least 50 runs

Old November 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Can you guys imagine Aminul Still holding the record of most ball faced in an innings? It was our first test match. 148 (380).

JO 112 (357)
Nafees Iqbal 121 (355)
JO 80 (322) An epic innings to preserve a series victory.

Quick run down the memory lane.
Remember every single one of those innings bro! The last two was part of the same innings which you rightly pointed out was epic in ensuring our first series win.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
And that is Lunch in Mirpur. Bangladesh have done well to not loose any wickets in the morning, although, Shakib was fortunate a few times against Ravi Rampaul. Shakib, however, was also the dominant batsman and he went for his shots whenever he got the opportunity. Naeem Islam remained patient throughout the session and completed a solid fifty. There was no help for the bowlers and although the slower bowlers got some turn, it was not much to cause any concern for the batsmen.
From Cricinfo
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Gowza, Anamul might be a bit ready but Mominul is not ready for Test cricket at all. This boy is not consistent enough. He needs to play at least 2 more season of NCL to get a call.

He scored a century in the first innings of Match 1 and then he failed in next 5 innings.

Junaid got a call because there was no one else to open and selectors didn't want to play any new batsmen.
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

460 i am hoping at the end of day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 15, 2012, 03:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Surely...but against some reasonable quality opponent.
well then we can count out the current guys then can't we because against quality bowling they've been proven horrible. listen i understand the concerns about making sure youngsters are ready but they've proven to be the best in the country, they deserve their places and they've proven against the same opposition in NCL that they are better than the likes of imrul, SN, junaid etc. i get that you don't want to ruin them but if they're stuck in the NCL they will be ruined because these guys need constant challenges to keep on improving and motivation from the selectors knowing that they're close to the team. staying in the NCL can ruin a player just as much if not more than moving onto the national team.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
worked for TI & Naeem.
rest didn't, although more btsmen to come.
worked for for SN and Gazi and was right about Mushy to start of a good innings now let's see see if he can prove me wrong and not throw his wicket away !!

And of course I'm the happiest to see my prediction for Shakib wasn't right
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I am now looking for a lead of at least 50 runs
If we think resonably, we should bat another 2 sessions with 4 wickets. So I hope your expectations will come true.
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Gowza, Anamul might be a bit ready but Mominul is not ready for Test cricket at all. This boy is not consistent enough. He needs to play at least 2 more season of NCL to get a call.

He scored a century in the first innings of Match 1 and then he failed in next 5 innings.
true he didn't do that great so far in the NCL but we have to take into account that he's been the best A team batsman for quite a while now.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:24 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Min overs remaining 36.0

bloody hell...overrate way to slow.

by end of the day, we should try to be at 450+ without losing more than 1 wk, none even.

btw can nayeem be the first bd batsman to play out a full day of test cricket??? or was it done before?
Old November 15, 2012, 03:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Why counting 450?? If you track run...the next milestone is 528.... But I still prefer time...finish the day without losing any wicket.

Think of run tomorrow...if you are close to 528 then give it a charge to give WI a reasonable target for their 2nd innings...or else go by this pace and confirm a draw...
I am expecting 450+ at the end of third day.
I am also hoping to get closer to 500

Old November 15, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

btw does anyone else find it interesting that naeem has scored quicker in this test century than the rate he was going in the NCL?
Old November 15, 2012, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
btw does anyone else find it interesting that naeem has scored quicker in this test century than the rate he was going in the NCL?
Because this wicket is flat like the runway of Dubai International Airport.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Yh I was thinking the same.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 15, 2012, 03:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Because this wicket is flat like the runway of Dubai International Airport.
lol yeah i know it's flat, still interesting though.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
true he didn't do that great so far in the NCL but we have to take into account that he's been the best A team batsman for quite a while now.
He wasn't that consistent in FC games for A team. He did well in ODs. I think he is a good player for shorter versions. He plays too many shots in air. and mostly dependent on 4s and 6s only. He needs to learn how to takes 1s and 2s.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
well then we can count out the current guys then can't we because against quality bowling they've been proven horrible. listen i understand the concerns about making sure youngsters are ready but they've proven to be the best in the country, they deserve their places and they've proven against the same opposition in NCL that they are better than the likes of imrul, SN, junaid etc. i get that you don't want to ruin them but if they're stuck in the NCL they will be ruined because these guys need constant challenges to keep on improving and motivation from the selectors knowing that they're close to the team. staying in the NCL can ruin a player just as much if not more than moving onto the national team.
Look, it's not about being the best in the country or older guys being challenged ... It's about these new guys being prepared to survive at the international level. If they are underprepared, I can assure you that they will come and do this musical chair that the current guys are doing. Well that's my opinion.

The difference of quality and temperament is huge between any country U19/Domestic and Test/ODI...even the Ausies feel that difference, you can't imagine what these guys go through. It's not that, they are lazy or not challenged that's why they aren't improving...there are too many things to learn and cope up with...guys like Shakib and TI would by now become twice their current stature as a player had they been in Aus/Eng... Preparation really matters. We don't need short term benefit as we needed before...so why ruin them...let them come the way it's supposed to happen...prepared through A Team, HP ..tour Matches...proven their worth...they walk in and they will feel comfortable to succeed.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
btw can nayeem be the first bd batsman to play out a full day of test cricket??? or was it done before?
J.O has done it before...i think.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
Cricket Sage

their target should be 600. they still have 2 more genuine batsmen to come. gazi can bat too.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:34 AM

Saheed mushtaque end..I though saqlain musthaque end

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
ODI Cricketer

350 ups

Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
He wasn't that consistent in FC games for A team. He did well in ODs. I think he is a good player for shorter versions. He plays too many shots in air. and mostly dependent on 4s and 6s only. He needs to learn how to takes 1s and 2s.
actually in A team FC matches he averages 49, although it's only from 2 matches and that 150 is the reason for it. actually hasn't done well in the one-dayers.

FC: http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Pl...g_by_Team.html

List A:
http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Pl...g_by_Team.html

i agree there is less reason to select mominul than there is to select anamul.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Look, it's not about being the best in the country or older guys being challenged ... It's about these new guys being prepared to survive at the international level. If they are underprepared, I can assure you that they will come and do this musical chair that the current guys are doing. Well that's my opinion.

The difference of quality and temperament is huge between any country U19/Domestic and Test/ODI...even the Ausies feel that difference, you can't imagine what these guys go through. It's not that, they are lazy or not challenged that's why they aren't improving...there are too many things to learn and cope up with...guys like Shakib and TI would by now become twice their current stature as a player had they been in Aus/Eng... Preparation really matters. We don't need short term benefit as we needed before...so why ruin them...let them come the way it's supposed to happen...prepared through A Team, HP ..tour Matches...proven their worth...they walk in and they will feel comfortable to succeed.
Well put. Although, Anamul can be given a cap after the current NCL is under his belt.
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
I am expecting 450+ at the end of third day.
I am also hoping to get closer to 500

That's great ... I thought looking for that total...
Old November 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Tendulkar to abar choke marse, Ahmedabad er pattar modde

#OneTeam1Dream