facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 11, 2009, 07:12 PM

Default প্রসপার উতসেয়ার "কাউয়া" হৃদয়!?

প্রথম ও ডি আই-এর খেলার সুতায় লিখেছিলাম ...

"আমরা করব জয়...ভেঙ্গে কাচেঁর দেয়াল, গুড়িয়ে দিব উতসেয়ার - ঈগল হৃদয়"

এখন দেখছি আমি ভুল করেছি...গতকাল ব্যাটিং-এর সময় সাকিব রানার চেয়েও পাননি - উতসেয়ার আপত্তিতে! এতদিন জানতাম ক্রিকেট ভদ্র লোকের, বড় হৃদয়ের খেলা ...

এইখানে প্রমান উতসেয়ার "ঈগল হৃদয়" নয়, "কাউয়া" হৃদয়!?

Last edited by kalpurush; August 12, 2009 at 08:19 PM..

Old August 11, 2009, 08:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Prosper's argument was : "if he's going to bowl, why can't he run between wickets". It was a fair argument but given that Shaki's reaction was to tonk everything in sight so that he wouldn't have to run, it was probably not one of the more "prosper"ous decision Mr. "origin" has made.
Old August 11, 2009, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

I dont know how Prosper knew Shakib was going to bowl?
Did he ask Shakib "You do not bowl 10 overs, you get runner- Deal?"
Shakib said "No deal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Prosper's argument was : "if he's going to bowl, why can't he run between wickets". It was a fair argument but given that Shaki's reaction was to tonk everything in sight so that he wouldn't have to run, it was probably not one of the more "prosper"ous decision Mr. "origin" has made.
Old August 11, 2009, 09:17 PM

Whatever, Zimbo team including their commentators were flying high in confidence before this series. they deserve some quality butt kick from BD boys, and they are having it nicely [so far]. I want them show no mercy till end of the series.
Old August 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I beg to differ. Kauua has lot more hridoy then eagle. Have you seen how they circle around one of their own in distress? onke pran beshi kauu ar. eagle nijer family chara kichu bujhe na. selfish pakhi. kauua re khamoka bodnam kora thik na..
Old August 11, 2009, 10:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

utseya was well within his rights to deny shakib a runner. the rules state that the batsman can only get a runner if they injure themselves while batting. if shakib had a preexisting injury which he aggravated while batting, the opposition can righfully deny him a runner. as far as i know, shakib has been carrying niggles for a while. if i was the captain, i would have done the same thing.
Old August 11, 2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
utseya was well within his rights to deny shakib a runner. The rules state that the batsman can only get a runner if they injure themselves while batting. If shakib had a preexisting injury which he aggravated while batting, the opposition can righfully deny him a runner. As far as i know, shakib has been carrying niggles for a while. If i was the captain, i would have done the same thing.
আইন এবং (খেলোয়ারীসুলভ) মানবিকতা দুই জিনিস।
Old August 11, 2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I beg to differ. Kauua has lot more hridoy then eagle. Have you seen how they circle around one of their own in distress? onke pran beshi kauu ar. eagle nijer family chara kichu bujhe na. selfish pakhi. kauua re khamoka bodnam kora thik na..
Didn't think that deep!
I am going to change my title then...
Old August 11, 2009, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Sakib was able to run and he even bowled later. So, I can't fault Utseya for denying him a runner.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Should be accepted.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Utseya was right on his decision. In fact, asking for a runner was cheating from our part.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Utseya was right on his decision. In fact, asking for a runner was cheating from our part.
Agree. If he could bowl 10 overs; he didn't need a runner. That was sort of stupid. More over a runner is available for on field injuries/problems occured on field; if he was injured he shouldn't have played. We displayed lack of sportsmanship and that was an illegitimate demand.

In fact we have our faults; when Ashraful should have taken a runner in WI, he didn't. Even Shakib was there in the crease, he didn't suggest either, instead got him run out trying to take too tight single. Now you see this.

Shakib is clever / Intelligent; I like to see him being more intelligent than trying to be clever. That can affect him adversely.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Dunno about Utseya's Kaua Hridoy. But the Zimbo team showed some real fight yesterday. A previous BD team would have crumbled haplessly in such a situation. We should give them due credit.
Old August 12, 2009, 01:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

About Shakib, I don't mind if he is at times more clever than intelligent, unless he begins to create some friction with his own team members. The aussies sledge all the time, it is part of the game (maybe not a part of gamesmanship). If Shakib is plotting something because he wants to win bloody-mindedly, its is fine with me. Sometimes you have to be on the face of your opponent and sometimes you have got under their skin, it is all part of the game.
Old August 12, 2009, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

চরম অখেলোয়ারসুলভ মানসিকতা দেখিয়ে চরম প্যাদানী খেয়ে ব্যাটা এখন নিঃশ্চয় পুরা ঝিম কেইস।
Old August 12, 2009, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Kevin Pietersen bhai, kaua hoilo amader jatiyo pakhi (kon halay daail khaya dowel rakhchilo ke jaaney!). Kaua chara Bangladesh kisui na.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
চরম অখেলোয়ারসুলভ মানসিকতা দেখিয়ে চরম প্যাদানী খেয়ে ব্যাটা এখন নিঃশ্চয় পুরা ঝিম কেইস।
Kaal oi betar field placing plus bowling rotation dekhe mone hochchilo je o dail kheye mathe nemese.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifthemanrahman
kevin pietersen bhai, kaua hoilo amader jatiyo pakhi (kon halay daail khaya dowel rakhchilo ke jaaney!). Kaua chara bangladesh kisui na.
কাউয়া অল দ্যা ওয়ে...কি সুন্দর কালো পাখী!!!
শেষের বাক্যটি আমার ভাতিজার।
Old August 12, 2009, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Kaal oi betar field placing plus bowling rotation dekhe mone hochchilo je o dail kheye mathe nemese.
একদম ফালতু মিয়া...।
Old August 12, 2009, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

anyone remembers the Multan test??where Rafique did not run the batsman[i think yasir ali] out, rather called him and said, stay in the crease mate.
that to me is cricket, he could have got him out, BD would have won the match, but then someone would v said BD won the game like a 'kau-a'.
I personally dont think that a batsman should even ask the opposing captain for a runner, the umpires should make the call, and what Utseya did was very unsporty. Did not expect that from an international cricket captain.
_____Its cricket, the gentlemen's game______
Old August 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
anyone remembers the Multan test??where Rafique did not run the batsman[i think yasir ali] out, rather called him and said, stay in the crease mate.
that to me is cricket, he could have got him out, BD would have won the match, but then someone would v said BD won the game like a 'kau-a'.
I personally dont think that a batsman should even ask the opposing captain for a runner, the umpires should make the call, and what Utseya did was very unsporty. Did not expect that from an international cricket captain.
In loss you win. Perfect example. This shows class.
Old August 12, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I don't blame Utseya for his decision.

Just an observation though, does anyone else get worried everytime Shakib gets a wayward off side balla nd cross bats it across to on. I think thats the root of his groin problems. In fact if I remember correctly it was after one of those shots he kept holding on to his hip and within a couple of overs requested a runner.

In the first T2O WC, Vettori allowed Nazir a runner who seemed to fine to run out and jump up and down to celebrate once Pakistan won the match. DV later commented on regretting that gesture.

But for Shakib to able to actually open the bowling with Russel, I think its unfair to accuse PU of poor sportsmanship.
Old August 12, 2009, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Also, given that we are fully aware of ZIM fans frequenting this site, is it not 'Kau-a' to create this tread in Bangla (at least the topic header)
Old August 12, 2009, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Rafiq did the same against Pakistan A in a SAARC tournament game back in the early-mid nineties. We would've won that game had he run the non-striker out. Back in those days, that would have been a great achievement.

That's just how the man used to roll. We did end up playing the finals though.
Old August 12, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I strongly believe that Prosper was right with in his right and from his team's benifit point of view! If I was a Zimbabwean or the Zimbabwean captain, I would do exactly what Prosper did. But yes, it would have been more of a gesture of modesty, politeness, kindness and gentlemanlike if Prosper helped Shak get a runner!

But at the end of the day we won by 49 runs, convincingly! And our Shakib got his 3rd ODI century!
What more can I say? Alhamdulillah!

Now I look forward and worry about the next match, the 3rd and most crucial match for us! I pray that we win it and win it good! and then the next match, the 4th match! After a week from now, it will all be water under the bridge, history! May my Allah bless my Tigers, and BD cricket!