facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 29, 2004, 08:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Default We should declare

I say we declare now, even if the batsmen are doing well tomorrow we should use as much time as possible to bowl the Windies out. Let's think about winning not drawing.

Old May 29, 2004, 08:12 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I think if we able to add another quick 20/30 runs then it will be handy for us.I have a feeling that WI will allout around 300. So in that case this extra runs will help us.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by reverse_swing]
Old May 29, 2004, 08:14 PM
Club Cricketer

no way man. Declaring is a bad idea right now. We only have a total of 406 and this is not big enough to declare. We should bat as long as possible and this will give us a bigger chance of enforcing a follow-on if we happen to bowl lights out.

The only reason to declare now would be purely for the sake of declaring and being able to say BANGLADESH DECLARED!!! This would be another record for us in this match
Old May 29, 2004, 08:16 PM
Chief Moderator

well said Upal aha eita sunar jonne kotodin wait kortesi
Old May 29, 2004, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Upal
no way man. Declaring is a bad idea right now. We only have a total of 406 and this is not big enough to declare. We should bat as long as possible and this will give us a bigger chance of enforcing a follow-on if we happen to bowl lights out.

The only reason to declare now would be purely for the sake of declaring and being able to say BANGLADESH DECLARED!!! This would be another record for us in this match
Upal, if you think BANGLADESH DECLARED!!! is a headline for the Daily Star, how about

Bd ENFORCE FOLLOW-ON !!!

Just keep batting, get as many runs as you can, and the frustration of the West Indies side will increase.

And that has to be a good thing for their state of mind when batting, right ? Baiysa gets a couple to swing or move off the seam, and they'll be going "Man, we are so screwed".
Old May 29, 2004, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Let's think about winning not drawing.
Thats the spirit! It's time now to stop acting like a cry babe for not to win a single test match and take some aggressive move to make this "losing string" into winning one. Be brave, declare the innings and go for hunting from the very first session. Strategy to play for a draw will take BD nowhere, when a win will be a big slap on ICC who loves to put us in a two/three tier system.
Old May 29, 2004, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

I nearly got pelted for saying this in the chat room, i.e the heady last night, but after seeing Rafique,s form, I would say why not see how far he goes, and for that matter Tarek,s hanging on power. Test his real limits. I can see 430 easily tommorrow.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by oracle]
Old May 29, 2004, 09:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

450 wil be a good score to declare...

IT WILL BE A HUGE EMOTIONAL STRESS FOR WI !!... GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING EARLY NERVOUS WICKEST!!!
Old May 29, 2004, 09:25 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We must remember, we even conceded 500+ runs in just one day in tests before. We must bat on, every runs count.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Rajputro]
Old May 29, 2004, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

I wanna see how far we can go. In this batting pitch winning is out of the question. Lets see whether we can get 450 or not.
Another point:

We need to say to ICC if you guys are pissed of at Zimbabwe for discrimination, go ahead suspend them. Leave Bangladesh out of it. Why BD get axe because of Zimbabwe. We are good cricket team. Even WI fans are exited in this contest.
Old May 29, 2004, 11:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

that is bull that we get axed cuz of zim...i don't think it would happen. We need to play really well in these two tests and show them we deserve to stay.
Old May 29, 2004, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

No declarations please. Give Tarek a chance to complete his maiden ton.

The seniors (Bahsar and Rafique) have led by example. Are the young guns catching on?
Old May 29, 2004, 11:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

actually, when i came to learn about the situation, i was thinking about declearing too. this was my logic: the pitch is wet. taposh can really use it and only if he can pick up one or two wicket using the pitch, we are in driver's seat.

but on a second thought, the wet pitch didn't help WI bowlers. taposh might not be able to get some wicket and then it will not be good. why depending on a "if". also, every single runs will add pressure to WI players (as if they don't already have enough ). and hopefully, rafique and taposh will do their bowling and there is a big chance that this newbie WI team will collaspe under pressure. who would thought this will happen.
Old May 30, 2004, 12:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Upal, if you think BANGLADESH DECLARED!!! is a headline for the Daily Star, how about

Bd ENFORCE FOLLOW-ON !!!

Just keep batting, get as many runs as you can, and the frustration of the West Indies side will increase.

And that has to be a good thing for their state of mind when batting, right ? Baiysa gets a couple to swing or move off the seam, and they'll be going "Man, we are so screwed".
Well, I really love that headline, "BD ENFORCE FOLLOW ON!!!".

After 1st day - Captain Bashar makes stroke-filled century!!!

After 2nd day - Bangladesh no. 9 batsman, Mohammed Rafique, makes superb century!!!

could these be the headlines we read in the following days?

After Day 3 - BD ENFORCE FOLLOW ON!!! WI IN GREAT TROUBLE!!!

After Day 4 - BD MAKE HISTORY WITH FIRST EVER TEST WIN!!!
Old May 30, 2004, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

There are solid arguments for both options (to declare or not to declare). Sumon will need to see the state of the pitch and the conditions first. On one hand we could start the day with our pacers fresh and able to take advantage of early morning overcast conditions. On the other hand the current pair could bat on for another hour or get out to those same early morning conditions. If we choose to keep batting, I'd like to see the scoring accelerated now that Rafique has his century.
Old May 30, 2004, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
There are solid arguments for both options (to declare or not to declare). Sumon will need to see the state of the pitch and the conditions first. On one hand we could start the day with our pacers fresh and able to take advantage of early morning overcast conditions. On the other hand the current pair could bat on for another hour or get out to those same early morning conditions. If we choose to keep batting, I'd like to see the scoring accelerated now that Rafique has his century.
Nope. Hang around, get more runs and frustrate them some more.

You'd hate to declare, have them bat again, and get 10-15 more runs than needed to enforce the follow-on.

Batting wont wear out the Banglo quicks anyway ... not with a match to win
Old May 30, 2004, 02:57 AM
Banned

I've talked to a few local regular cricketers around my town. All of these guys think we should keep batting until we are out. Unanimously, everyone voted for no declaration.
Old May 30, 2004, 03:05 AM
Chief Moderator

Now a days cricket is not only a game it's a psychological game too. We should keep batting & I'll be happy even we allout within 5 mins.
Old May 30, 2004, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Now a days cricket is not only a game it's a psychological game too. We should keep batting & I'll be happy even we allout within 5 mins.
i also think BD should keep batting. Remember on this wicket WI also will come out blazing. But somehow I think declaring may not be a bad idea as well
Old May 30, 2004, 04:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

I would say keep batting and set a target - say 5/6 overs and 30/40 more runs. If these two still survive then declare around 440/450. That will be psychlogical pressure for runs and also a sort of humiliation with declaration for WI.
Old May 30, 2004, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

No need for declaration.

Bd should try for some run and eating up some over also.

No I am not saying for deliberated draw approach.

For WI, draw with Bd, not prestigious, they will try for a win, and shorter time and some additional run will create more pressure.