facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

Imrul is like Gombheer to Tamim's Shewbhaag...

Old March 3, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCity
lol,well said.

I think this Imrul has shown consistency in this format,three 50+ scores with a century against teams like NZ,Eng & Ind and also a 42 odd against Sri shows that he has some grt skill.
As far as the SR is concerned I blv with exprnce it wil improve.
So far he is the best bttng prtnr for TI.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Mushy has made a really good case for himself for taking 3 or 4. If mushy can do what he is doing consistently, I can't see Raqib coming back in to the squad unless he does something extra ordinary in the domestic circuit. At the moment the weakest link is Aftab and he is got to go.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCity
Although compared to Shewag and Ghambir, Tamim and Imrul are 'ordinary'

I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI. Pushing up Mushy & MM to 3/4 and Naeem to 6.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI.
but why? the reason mushy got promoted up the order is because he has shown improvement in bits and pieces, same goes for riyad and nayeem. Aftab is the weakest link right now and he has got to go, also it wouldn't be fair to give him one match in new position would it? than fans will complain he only got one shot at number 7, lets give him a few more chance?
Old March 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Although compared to Shewag and Ghambir, Tamim and Imrul are 'ordinary'

I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI. Pushing up Mushy & MM to 3/4 and Naeem to 6.
Agreed
Old March 3, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

I rather see Nasir Hossain in #7 next match. Enough of Aftab's mindless slogging!
Old March 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think aftab will be given 1 more chance but really he doesnt deserve it after that clueless shot..
Old March 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
but why? the reason mushy got promoted up the order is because he has shown improvement in bits and pieces, same goes for riyad and nayeem. Aftab is the weakest link right now and he has got to go, also it wouldn't be fair to give him one match in new position would it? than fans will complain he only got one shot at number 7, lets give him a few more chance?
Since he's still in the selection for the XI, I would rather see him pushed down then be another quick wicket loss that high up the order. Now picture ODI 2 with Aftab coming in at #7 with an okay base set for him to just hit out.

Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over, you will have Naeem and Aftab for the batting Powerplay overs.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Since he's still in the selection for the XI, I would rather see him pushed down then be another quick wicket loss that high up the order. Now picture ODI 2 with Aftab coming in at #7 with an okay base set for him to just hit out.

Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over, you will have Naeem and Aftab for the batting Powerplay overs.
Of course its better 2 have him down the order..but question is will he even be good at #7? I mean even in the T20 match he sucked big time..couldnt hit anythin..and with that shot he totally misjudged that ball which shows he can even hit..honestly wouldnt mind even havin nasir hossain at #7 then aftab..i know that wont happen but it honestly wouldnt be much of a difference..
Old March 3, 2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

Guys there should be no comparision between IK and JO. JO had no quality to be a sportsman.
He is a greedy person who wanted to be in team and had no feelings for the team. His main aim was to make some runs eating all the balls. Never succeded after playing so many ODIs. Worse than even Ashraful. (Ashraful is match winner sometimes). On the other hand Imrul is a new chap. Good sportsman. Has confidence. He played sensibly. Good opener. An asset for BD ODI and test team.

JO is a GOLLA and IK is a GEM.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I would really like to trial Aftab at #7 and see how he does for us. If he gets dropped, then I can't wait to see Nasirs debut and see some fireworks.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
Guys there should be no comparision between IK and JO. JO had no quality to be a sportsman.
He is a greedy person who wanted to be in team and had no feelings for the team. His main aim was to make some runs eating all the balls. Never succeded after playing so many ODIs. Worse than even Ashraful. (Ashraful is match winner sometimes). On the other hand Imrul is a new chap. Good sportsman. Has confidence. He played sensibly. Good opener. An asset for BD ODI and test team.

JO is a GOLLA and IK is a GEM.
You and many others might not like JO, but he is a hard working guy. He doesnt fit in current team, but he was needed in the team few years ago. He might be slow, but during that time we hardly scored 200+ and most of the time we got all out.
When I was in BUET, I saw him bringing someone from his para to the BUET field and knocking hours after hours. Nobody should question his commitment to cricket.
Old March 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

I watched JO very closely. I found that he lacked sportsmanship. He also did politics to be in the team. And finally good to know that you are from BUET!!
Old March 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Imrul is a jlo?

I didn't know Imrul has a nice butt like her.
Old March 3, 2010, 05:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over
this is a big assumption you are making here. there is no guarantee Aftab won't have to come in to bat before the 35th over. Even though our batting line up starting to shape up pretty nicely there is always that chance of collapse, that means who ever batting in the lower middle order will need to have the ability to hold the innings together as well as accelerate when needed. I'm not sure if Aftab is capable of fulfilling that job.
Old March 3, 2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Imrul is a jlo?

I didn't know Imrul has a nice butt like her.
LOL!!
Old March 3, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
this is a big assumption you are making here. there is no guarantee Aftab won't have to come in to bat before the 35th over. Even though our batting line up starting to shape up pretty nicely there is always that chance of collapse, that means who ever batting in the lower middle order will need to have the ability to hold the innings together as well as accelerate when needed. I'm not sure if Aftab is capable of fulfilling that job.
Kayes is doing pretty well in ODI , his average is better than Tamim
He just need to have more selfbelieve then his strike rate will increase ,
Neverthless it is strange for me : why he fails in TEST ?
Hope he score hundred against England

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 3, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
I watched JO very closely. I found that he lacked sportsmanship. He also did politics to be in the team. And finally good to know that you are from BUET!!
actually your wrong. He was actually not in the WC2003 team when he was in his best form!!! as captain pilot didn't like his kind of batting which we needed. if he was needed in the team that was time he should have been in the team. same thing happen to him before that WC in 1999 though it was the right call at that time as bidut and opi was far better than him.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 3, 2010, 05:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
so what about Mithun at no 3 , in place of aftab ????
why mithun? why not jahurul, farhad, fasial, nazimuddin, shamsur, marshall, shuvagoto, nazmus, rony, uttam, nasir, shabbir etc. we do need to try someone, not sure who. all the good one-day top order domestics are out of form and all the good top order in form FC players are either too inexperienced or not so good one-day players. i suppose stats wise you'd pick faisal but then if he has such poor technique then he's just as risky a pick as one of the out of form players or inexperienced players.
Old March 3, 2010, 06:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You're missing the whole point that this is based only for the 3rd ODI where Aftab is already part of the XI. Since he's playing where would you have him bat? I'm saying move him down and have Mushy/Riad be the permanent 3/4. Shakib is fine at 5, Naeem moves up to 6 and Aftab is in 7 IF he is in the team as a late order slogger.

Personally, i would move Shuvo to 7 have Dhiman take on the gloves at 8 to replace Aftab. Razzak, Shafiul and Rubel round out the 11.
Old March 3, 2010, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

^^^ well we shouldn't be playing him just for the heck of it, if this was an away tour i'd have no problem with that. but we are playing at our own home, i'm sure we can find someone out there who was on the verge of getting a call, shuvo is already in or i'd ask for him. but since nasir hossain is already in the team why not give him a go. or we can get us a new keeper
Old March 3, 2010, 06:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
You're missing the whole point that this is based only for the 3rd ODI where Aftab is already part of the XI. Since he's playing where would you have him bat? I'm saying move him down and have Mushy/Riad be the permanent 3/4. Shakib is fine at 5, Naeem moves up to 6 and Aftab is in 7 IF he is in the team as a late order slogger.

Personally, i would move Shuvo to 7 have Dhiman take on the gloves at 8 to replace Aftab. Razzak, Shafiul and Rubel round out the 11.
That nice of you raynman bhai 2 put him up there at #7..IF hez in the squad then ill put him at 11..why would he go below shuvo? Shuvo actually has a higher FC average then aftab has so i would definitely pick him at #7..im confident shafiul, rubel and razzak can score more then aftab not even jokin
Old March 3, 2010, 06:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
^^^ well we shouldn't be playing him just for the heck of it, if this was an away tour i'd have no problem with that. but we are playing at our own home, i'm sure we can find someone out there who was on the verge of getting a call, shuvo is already in or i'd ask for him. but since nasir hossain is already in the team why not give him a go. or we can get us a new keeper
ya nasir should play instead of aftab..hes definitely going 2 b better then aftab with his batting and gives us an option with the ball..
Old March 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
so what about Mithun at no 3 , in place of aftab ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
At number 3, we need a batsman who can play the new ball well and take advantage of power plays. If Aftab/Ashraful is failing , we have to find an alternative from somewhere else.

How about Anamul, he can bat aggressively, how good is his keeping?
My choice is Shabbir Rahman, the Under-19 player. I think he is a very good prospect for us. In my opinion he was the most powerful batsman of the U-19 team

Last edited by shajib14; March 3, 2010 at 07:50 PM..