facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default The Official "Take Bangladesh's Test Status Away" Thread

Exhibit 001: South Africa 96 all out, Australia 47 all out in a mere 18 overs

#OneTeam1Dream

Old November 10, 2011, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ayhay,Nakedzero r bhaat gelo ,

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 10, 2011, 01:20 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Exhibit 00final:that Australia can beat that SA in the 2nd test...that SA can beat that Aus in the 2nd test...Can we Beat any of them...in test?
Old November 10, 2011, 01:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Exhibit 00final:that Australia can beat that SA in the 2nd test...that SA can beat that Aus in the 2nd test...Can we Beat any of them...in test?
Dhurr miah, aaj eid er din ta keno etho serious hocchhen apni.
Old November 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

This is just my opinion: "in 11 years of test cricket we have given almost NOTHING to test cricket other than a youngest century..so its no point pointing out others failures and saying they are bowled out for 47,"it happens in test cricket so why do u guys scream when something like this happens to us? one may ask"..those people scream because the team that got bowled out for 47 has the ability to beat any team in the next test..the ability we dont have..we dont even have the ability to draw a test match..before we have this ability people will scream for our test status...aita just hojom kore jete hobe..ke koi ki korlo asob dakhe lav nai..nije ki korlam seta age dakha uchit"
Old November 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
This is just my opinion: "in 11 years of test cricket we have given almost NOTHING to test cricket other than a youngest century..so its no point pointing out others failures and saying they are bowled out for 47,"it happens in test cricket so why do u guys scream when something like this happens to us? one may ask"..those people scream because the team that got bowled out for 47 has the ability to beat any team in the next test..the ability we dont have..we dont even have the ability to draw a test match..before we have this ability people will scream for our test status...aita just hojom kore jete hobe..ke koi ki korlo asob dakhe lav nai..nije ki korlam seta age dakha uchit"
how come we don't have the ability to be bowled out for 47? how hard is that? i don't think we eve got mauled the way India did in England not long ago...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 11, 2011, 12:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
how come we don't have the ability to be bowled out for 47? how hard is that? i don't think we eve got mauled the way India did in England not long ago...
we lose everywhere anywhere thats what counts...we lose vs england in england..we lose vs england in bangladesh thats what matters..no not one odi win here and there doesn't count..it may count for us..it certainly doesn't count for critics

lets make it a little easier 61 losses in 71 tests doesnt help even if the mighty Aus gets bowled out for half of 47...everybody at the end will look at the results
Old November 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
we lose everywhere anywhere thats what counts...we lose vs england in england..we lose vs england in bangladesh thats what matters..no not one odi win here and there doesn't count..it may count for us..it certainly doesn't count for critics

lets make it a little easier 61 losses in 71 tests doesnt help even if the mighty Aus gets bowled out for half of 47...everybody at the end will look at the results
This is the main point to get criticised. Our positive result is actually zero. Though we have 3 wins, those haven't come against any decent team.
Old November 13, 2011, 06:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

I can't see BD losing it's test status. You guys will just have to develop thicker skins as it seems that Indian posters in general don't seem to like you, forgetting they were largely hopeless for 40 or 50 years. It takes generations to develop a strong test line-up and even then sometimes the wheels fall off the cart as my Aussies have recently shown. Of course Australia and England learned how to play tests when it was in it's infancy and no-one was all that good. Chin up guys, keep at it. I for one am keen to see BD make the grade and that's why I frequent this site.
Old November 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
Cricket Savant

^^thank you Biggus for your nice thoughts and your wishes.
But even as a Bdeshi I won't be as generous as you, our boys are not learning from their mistakes, they are still too adventurous & play like amateurs.
seems like they don't take Test seriously enough, look at how Zim improved, how well Pak are playing despite the fact that they lost three very very important players & all other political prob.
Old November 13, 2011, 07:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The problem is not the low scores for us, its just the fact that we are just not winning or drawing enough matches. That's where the biggest problem lies. The other countries have occasional embarrassments but at least they win matches. We on the other hand have won only 3 times. That too against weakened sides. I know people will say that WI is pretty much the same team now but let's face it, they were put together hastily. So they got no chances to even practice with each other. Still look how much trouble they gave us.

I agree with Biggus though, I see a lot of Indian posters being so critical of us, yet they were a bad team for a very long time. They say ya we did struggle but not as much as BD. Well India isn't the same as BD are they? Their a much older, bigger, and richer country. So obviously their struggles won't be as heavy as ours.

It does take a long time to become a quality test playing nation. Test cricket is no joke and it takes a very long time to get quality players together as a team and start clicking. Right now we got a world class player in Shakib. And up and coming all stars in Tamim and Mushy. So now we need to find more class players. Its a very slow and painful process but I'm confident we'll get there. The boys just have to keep fighting and be resilient.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 6, 2012, 01:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Most recent entries to this thread, India!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ch/518951.html

I think this is their 3rd innings defeat in their last 9 tests. 6 straight away losses, at least force them to home only matches.

and also, South Africa:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-af...ch/514033.html

Losing to SL at home, a team that hasn't won since Murali retired over a year ago, that is bad.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Sage

So official humiliation count since this thread began:

Australia - 1
Bangladesh - 1
England - 0
India - 1
New Zealand - 0
Pakistan - 0
South Africa - 1
Sri Lanka - 1
West Indies - 0
Zimbabwe - 0

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 8, 2012, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

This guy Mohammad Shahzad from Afghanistan scored 58 and C Viljoen from Namibia 98 against England XI which has in their ranks the likes of Anderson, Broad, Finn and Swann. That day isn't far away when we'll struggle to win against teams like Afghanistan and Namibia (As we do today against Zimbabwe and Ireland). I wish these teams were given test status to make things more interesting and competitive.
Old January 8, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

India's streak of lopsided losses against Eng first and now Aus goes to show the nature of this beast called test cricket. At any given time there's probably only 2/3 teams in the world that play at a very high level. Right now they are Eng, Aus, SA and possibly Pak. Even these teams are susceptible to suffering heavy defeats every now and then.
Old January 8, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

why even bother discussing this? BD has test status so they should make the most of it and do their best to put together a strong team. results may not reflect improvement but player stats do i.e. shakib, tamim, mushy.
Old January 13, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

So where is the poll?
Old January 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
This guy Mohammad Shahzad from Afghanistan scored 58 and C Viljoen from Namibia 98 against England XI which has in their ranks the likes of Anderson, Broad, Finn and Swann. That day isn't far away when we'll struggle to win against teams like Afghanistan and Namibia (As we do today against Zimbabwe and Ireland). I wish these teams were given test status to make things more interesting and competitive.
So what? Some guy named Ash scored 158* against an attack that has taken around 1000 Test wickets. He can't even crack our A team now.

Afghanistan are a gifted side, I have no problems with them beating us 20 years from now. How do you think Australia felt when they recently lost to NZ a team that didn't even the right to play Tests until 50 years after the Aussies.

Zimbabwe, if they surpass us, were a team that was artificially weakened during the time we bullied them. Once their board got their act together, they improved. If they start beating us regularly 20 years from now, they should.

Ireland are also a highly skilled side, and their players all play county cricket whereas ours don't even play FC matches. If they start bossing us 20 years from now, we can't complain.

Now if Namibia, UAE, HK, Nepal, and China start beating us, you've got a point. But only then.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 14, 2012, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Apparently there is a formula for the difference of the number of runs per wicket differential between opposing teams that create the classification for test worthiness - extolled by Atherton on the air during the BD-ENG series in England. I think Nasser Hussain joined Atherton on that bus of status-bashing. And then Boycott was chiming in as a reporter on some newspaper. I would like to see a payback of those words. Man those words hurt, kintu ki korbo obhaga bangali fan - had to hojomm those words. I am waiting for that day when we will become Lion killers. I hope the Pakistanis get a stab at them though.

Had to put my feelings down on the BC page. Thanks for listening.
Old January 16, 2012, 05:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
So official humiliation count since this thread began:

Australia - 1
Bangladesh - 1
England - 0
India - 1
New Zealand - 0
Pakistan - 0
South Africa - 1
Sri Lanka - 1
West Indies - 0
Zimbabwe - 0
India in Test and Sri in ODI Figs will change a lot ...
Old January 16, 2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus
I can't see BD losing it's test status. You guys will just have to develop thicker skins as it seems that Indian posters in general don't seem to like you, forgetting they were largely hopeless for 40 or 50 years. It takes generations to develop a strong test line-up and even then sometimes the wheels fall off the cart as my Aussies have recently shown. Of course Australia and England learned how to play tests when it was in it's infancy and no-one was all that good. Chin up guys, keep at it. I for one am keen to see BD make the grade and that's why I frequent this site.
wolf on hunt!?
Old January 17, 2012, 07:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
wolf on hunt!?
Nah, not a wolf mate, (except on the cricket field), just a cricket nut. I've always loved seeing players from all over the world come to Australia so why shouldn't BD be part of that. Even established sides have ups and downs and for a country to enter the cauldron of test cricket when some of us have been at it for something like 134 years is a big task. No-one is expecting miracles and it's still early days yet. You've produced a world class all rounder and other players with great promise. If you can develop a really serious first class competition on sporting wickets you will have created the engine that will drive the representative teams to success. Domestic cricket is where it has to happen. If a player doesn't have what it takes before he's selected then it's too late. Anyway, all this talk of BD's test status is rubbish in my opinion. BD will succeed because failure is not an option. It just may take a while, and we're all prepared for that. Forget the trolls, the whole 'test status' thing ain't gonna happen.
Old January 19, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Savant

after India it's England now
Old January 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ch/518953.html

4-0 loss to AUS by IND, to follow 4-0 in England.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Currently Zimbabwe is 56/12. 440 runs behind.