facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If we drop one of these SN/Imrul/Farhad/Naeem/Riyad/Razzak/etc/ its fine with me.... but instead of bringing back another old reject let's bring a new blood or two. Nasir and Sunny proved that we have few more gems still hiding nad just waiting for opportunity.

I say nagta-er abar lozza ki? What we have to loose? Lets try to find few more gems by giving new players a chance.
Well said Fazal bhai. Lets take out the "mendas" and bring in the likes of Amanul, Mominul and Shabbir...

Old December 2, 2011, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

riyad is fine. if we continue to suck, we should get the newbies in the team, ike anamul, mominul and whatever ul's there are, but not before 2013. we should give them a chance to make the best out of the oppurtunities they are getting now
Old December 2, 2011, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
riyad is fine. if we continue to suck, we should get the newbies in the team, ike anamul, mominul and whatever ul's there are, but not before 2013. we should give them a chance to make the best out of the oppurtunities they are getting now
2013 e nepal amader charai jabe (indirectly as we will go down with this rate)...anamul mominul will become rokibul 2.0...ki je morok laglse...
Old December 2, 2011, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Our national team gets the best available coaching, training, facility, advice, competetion, practice. They have the opportunity to see what kind high level of performanace and mental strength needed to survive.

Keeping a young player too long in the lower level for too long may not help his growth, but may hurt the player more.

But ofcourse all young talented players are not same kind ... some may need more time than others, where as some may need to be thrown in the fire to mold properly while they are still raw. Sakib and nasir may be the exmaple of one kind where as Sunny may be the example of the other kind.
Old December 2, 2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Consistency is another name fo.r anamul since he started playing for under 19. Proud to say I opened first match thread about him

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 2, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the thing about shuvagoto is that he's been in such bad form since the zimbabwe series where he got his national debut, maybe if they had mpicked him he would have stepped up his game but that would have been a big gambel. i do believe shuvagoto is a huge prospect but his form just wasn't there for this series.

a bit hard to say junaid, raqibul and imrul are basically already at their potential as they're all young and really haven't had that much time with the national team (although i think we have alot better talents than those guys now). nafees however has been around for awhile, still could improve but he hasn't improved for awhile so it's possibly he's getting close to his best.....

now i wasn't saying mominul didn't deserve to be in the conversation, tbh i haven't really heard of him since the A team tour and that's why i brought up the discussion. for me a player should show consistency to even be considered for the national team, if nthey're never done that then they shouldn't really be considered. mominul's stats no doubt don't show he's been consistent, i didn't know about the other performances.....i'm all for having a batsman in the team who can score big hundreds and has a good compact technique, that's something lacking in most BD batsmen. i'm still going to say though that anamul and asif are top 3 batsmen, mominul is more of a middile order batsman......

talking about all these players i can definitely see competition heating up and this is something BD hasn't ever had before. i really hope anamul, asif and mominul can continue their consistent performances and i hope shuvagoto can re-gain form because it would put more pressure on the national team batsmen to perform. it's going to be hard to fit all of anamul, asif, mominul and shuvagoto in the team, obviously a couuple of them can fit at the #2 and #3 spots but for the others to get in a couple have to be dropped and that's where the competition help's the team and the players to improve so hopefully that happens.
Old December 2, 2011, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Shob gular ak shonge form gese kemne...I am smelling something...Ash er restaurant khaiya aei hoilo naki...(sorry Ash I still love you dont mind)..ar just two good solid batsmen and two good bowlers (pacers) jodi pawa jaito...ato manush kintu kono ki good player nai...
Old December 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Did I just see people talking about Tushar? Please not that guy. Dude's been the king of domestic cricket for ever, but thats far as he will ever go.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 2, 2011, 10:28 PM
Test Cricketer

nayeem, riyad are gutless players aka sissies who play for their average not giving a damn abt the team...they been around for a while and hasn't done anything significant...

if the whole team depends on tamim, shakib and mushfique then whsats the point of having the others...

Nasir is a perfect example why we need to look for new players...we were looking for another shakib/tamim type player....we have found nasir....

Now we need #02 and #03 batsman...

Plz no more Ash, Kapali, Riyad, Nayeem, Raqibul

Junaed can be a good lower order batsman

anyway, bring in real genuine top order batsman...Jahurul looked like a genuine top order batsman to me during the England tour..ppl say he is out of form then who the hell is in-form when it comes to our batting....

i say bring Jahurul and shuvagoto in the squad...they would do better then imrul, nafees or nayeem...guaranteed...

it makes me laugh/annoy when ppl say...oh Jahurul and shuvagoto are out of form...then who is in form..
Old December 2, 2011, 10:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
nayeem, riyad are gutless players aka sissies who play for their average not giving a damn abt the team...they been around for a while and hasn't done anything significant...

if the whole team depends on tamim, shakib and mushfique then whsats the point of having the others...

Nasir is a perfect example why we need to look for new players...we were looking for another shakib/tamim type player....we have found nasir....

Now we need #02 and #03 batsman...

Plz no more Ash, Kapali, Riyad, Nayeem, Raqibul

Junaed can be a good lower order batsman

anyway, bring in real genuine top order batsman...Jahurul looked like a genuine top order batsman to me during the England tour..ppl say he is out of form then who the hell is in-form when it comes to our batting....

i say bring Jahurul and shuvagoto in the squad...they would do better then imrul, nafees or nayeem...guaranteed...

it makes me laugh/annoy when ppl say...oh Jahurul and shuvagoto are out of form...then who is in form..
Did you see how bad Shuvagata and Jahurul performed in the A team tour against the WI? They couldn't even score a 50 in any match. Forget about 50's, they barely got 30's. And then Jahurul performed badly against the SA A team. So if they don't perform in the A team then how do you expect them to do well in the national team? I know Imrul, Nafees and Naeem are not the answers but then bringing guys who did so bad in the A team isn't either. That's why I would prefer Mominul over Jahurul and Shuvagata. Remains to be seen how Anamul and Asif do against the England Lions.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Did you see how bad Shuvagata and Jahurul performed in the A team tour against the WI? They couldn't even score a 50 in any match. Forget about 50's, they barely got 30's. And then Jahurul performed badly against the SA A team. So if they don't perform in the A team then how do you expect them to do well in the national team? I know Imrul, Nafees and Naeem are not the answers but then bringing guys who did so bad in the A team isn't either. That's why I would prefer Mominul over Jahurul and Shuvagata. Remains to be seen how Anamul and Asif do against the England Lions.
ya but i still think that they are better than Nayeem, Nafees or Riyad...

In Bd's case the A-team performance doesn't transferred into good national team performance and vice-versa...most of the players that do good in the domestic or A-team sucks when they come to the the national team...

Jahurul looked solid batsman with good techniques against the likes of bresnan, swann
and anderson..

Jahurul, Shuavagoto showed guts in those little times they were in the national team...they didnt play like sissies...
Old December 2, 2011, 11:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
ya but i still think that they are better than Nayeem, Nafees or Riyad...

In Bd's case the A-team performance doesn't transferred into good national team performance and vice-versa...most of the players that do good in the domestic or A-team sucks when they come to the the national team...

Jahurul looked solid batsman with good techniques against the likes of bresnan, swann
and anderson..

Jahurul, Shuavagoto showed guts in those little times they were in the national team...they didnt play like sissies...
All the players looked good in the beginning of their careers though. I mean Naeem and Riyad also looked very good in the beginning. Rokibul was also very good. However, they then get figured out and struggle to adjust their games. Unfortunately it seems the same has happened to both Jahurul and Shuvagata. All our players do have ability but most of them struggle to translate that as you know. So even though Jahurul and Shuvagata and Jahurul looked good, I have my doubts that they can continue the success. I haven't given up hope completely on Hom yet though. I still think he's a developing player and needs more A team games before we can fully judge him. Jahurul on the other hand has failed many times now on the A team circuit.

I really do judge A team stats really highly. It's the step right below the highest level of cricket and it gives us a clear indicator of how each player will do at the national team level. If you see Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy, they all have very good averages in the FC's for the A team. On the other hand, if you see how Junaid, Jahurul, and Rokibul did, you can see how bad they did. So not performing in the A team can really give you doubts about players.
Old December 3, 2011, 12:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
All the players looked good in the beginning of their careers though. I mean Naeem and Riyad also looked very good in the beginning. Rokibul was also very good. However, they then get figured out and struggle to adjust their games. Unfortunately it seems the same has happened to both Jahurul and Shuvagata. All our players do have ability but most of them struggle to translate that as you know. So even though Jahurul and Shuvagata and Jahurul looked good, I have my doubts that they can continue the success. I haven't given up hope completely on Hom yet though. I still think he's a developing player and needs more A team games before we can fully judge him. Jahurul on the other hand has failed many times now on the A team circuit.

I really do judge A team stats really highly. It's the step right below the highest level of cricket and it gives us a clear indicator of how each player will do at the national team level. If you see Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy, they all have very good averages in the FC's for the A team. On the other hand, if you see how Junaid, Jahurul, and Rokibul did, you can see how bad they did. So not performing in the A team can really give you doubts about players.
Jahurul and Suvagoto only played a handful of matches to get figured out by the oppositon...Jahurul 6 odi's and suvagoto 2... so opposition didnt get enough time to figure out their weaknesses cause they weren't picked. So bringing up that argument doesn't make any sense. All I can say is Jahurul looked pretty compact batsman while he was playing in the national team.

if you really judge A team performances highly then i m sorry, you will have team full of Forhad Reza's.

Raqibul was a low confident player who looked scared and with these negative body language he charged up the opposition.

I think Zunaed isnt that bad of a batsman every one make him out to be.

oi rokom domestic r A team e bohut valo player ache jara national team e aisha dabba pare.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Mofees has got to go. and our hunt for that number 3 batsman continue. And no Big Z probably isn't the answer atleast not in ODI

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 3, 2011, 09:09 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Bring back Athar , JO, Bulbul
Old December 3, 2011, 12:24 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

if there ever was a crisis that called for some swift changes this is it.... we can't go 4 wickets down before even 10 overs with 20 something on the board again and again.

time to drop Kayes, Nafees, Naeem, Razzak, Farhad and Shafiul
bring in: Nazimuddin, Anamul, Asif, Hom, Nazmul, Shohag Gazi
Old December 3, 2011, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

eder keu tabij korse nishchoi, nahoile shobgula kemne ek shathe out of form hoy?
Old December 3, 2011, 02:00 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

So, Nayeem re drop kore ki luv ta holo? If Kayes and SN can play then why can't Nayeem??? its so unfair isn't it!!!
Old December 3, 2011, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
eder keu tabij korse nishchoi, nahoile shobgula kemne ek shathe out of form hoy?
i don't think they were ever in form...they were jodi laigga jai type players.

Kayes was doing teribly since the Zim tour.

Nafees can't play pace, can't play spin...pokes at everything outside off

Nayeem is only able to block...if you can't take singles then how you call yourself a batsman.
Old December 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Jahurul and Suvagoto only played a handful of matches to get figured out by the oppositon...Jahurul 6 odi's and suvagoto 2... so opposition didnt get enough time to figure out their weaknesses cause they weren't picked. So bringing up that argument doesn't make any sense. All I can say is Jahurul looked pretty compact batsman while he was playing in the national team.

if you really judge A team performances highly then i m sorry, you will have team full of Forhad Reza's.

Raqibul was a low confident player who looked scared and with these negative body language he charged up the opposition.

I think Zunaed isnt that bad of a batsman every one make him out to be.

oi rokom domestic r A team e bohut valo player ache jara national team e aisha dabba pare.
I would rather try Anamul, Asif, and Mominul over Jahurul and Shuvagata to be honest. I believe those are our next stars and should be groomed up.
Old December 3, 2011, 08:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I would rather try Anamul, Asif, and Mominul over Jahurul and Shuvagata to be honest. I believe those are our next stars and should be groomed up.
your thoughts on shuvagata? i reckon he could be a big player for BD especially in the longer format....
Old December 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I agree with this, these guys are in good form, it's too late for this series, but from now they should be given any opportunity available starting with the A team games against the English Lions in Dec/Jan and whoever performs (hopefully all three) should be promoted to the National team.
Old December 3, 2011, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
your thoughts on shuvagata? i reckon he could be a big player for BD especially in the longer format....
I believe we have to be patient with Shuvagata. We have to remember that he played only 12 FC matches so far. On top of that he was not in the U19 team. So he missed out on experience which for our players, it matters. He was a part of the Academy team for a bit however. I believe he's still a developing player and should be continuing to play in A team matches. Once he starts performing consistently, then I believe we should have him back. The thing is though there are other youngsters that are fighting for spots so he's gonna have to play well or he will continue to sit on the bench for the national team.
Old December 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I believe we have to be patient with Shuvagata. We have to remember that he played only 12 FC matches so far. On top of that he was not in the U19 team. So he missed out on experience which for our players, it matters. He was a part of the Academy team for a bit however. I believe he's still a developing player and should be continuing to play in A team matches. Once he starts performing consistently, then I believe we should have him back. The thing is though there are other youngsters that are fighting for spots so he's gonna have to play well or he will continue to sit on the bench for the national team.
yesh i agree but i do think potential wise he's one of the best prospects, doesn't mean he'll develop into that but he's got the potential. still has a great FC average despite his poor recent form, hopefully he can get some form back soon. he did miss out on some experien ces but he's also older so possibly more mature than the youngsters and more ready mentally....
Old December 3, 2011, 11:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yesh i agree but i do think potential wise he's one of the best prospects, doesn't mean he'll develop into that but he's got the potential. still has a great FC average despite his poor recent form, hopefully he can get some form back soon. he did miss out on some experien ces but he's also older so possibly more mature than the youngsters and more ready mentally....
Let's hope so. The more competition, the better it is for the team.