facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 11, 2011, 12:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

We have lost against weak teams as early as last year. So, complacency need to be avoided. That being said, I am expecting BD to win comfortably against them.

I hope they give Nafees a chance in the game against Canada.

Old February 11, 2011, 12:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

bhai, amra opponent bujhe kheli. India er sathe khelle, india er moto kheli, abar Canada er sathe khelle level niche namaye Canada r moto kheli ! consistent performance to korte pari na. etai to bhoy !
Old February 11, 2011, 01:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Guys, m hearing Rumours Chittagong ground isn't fully ready yet...
U guys know anything?
Old February 11, 2011, 01:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Good luck to the team and i'm prepared to see some experimenting in these matches.
Old February 11, 2011, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Don't know anything about this Canadian side... any special players in their team? fast bowlers?
They have a hard hitting all rounder named Rizwan Cheema who I like quite a bit.

Their wicket-keeper/captain Asish Bagai is also a pretty decent middle order batsmen.

They have a batsmen named John Davidson who had made the fastest century in the World Cup (not sure if that record still holds).

And their pace attack is led by the tall Henry Osinde who actually bowls quite fast and can be effective in the right conditions.

Other than that, I don't know too many others on the team, it seems like they have gone for a younger team this time except for Davidson who is 40. We should win quite easily against them, but that's if we play well. If we don't, I bet Canada will put up a fight.
Old February 11, 2011, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

time to give canada a trashing
Old February 11, 2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Bangladesh VS Canada

ICC World Cup 2011 - The First Warm Up (50 over)

Bangladesh Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (c), Tamim Iqbal (vc), Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Suhrawadi Shuvo

Canada Squad: Ashish Bagai (c/wk), Rizwan Cheema (vc), Harvir Baidwan, Balaji Rao, John Davison, , Parth Desai, Tyson Gordon, Ruvindu Gunasekera, Jimmy HansraK, hurram Chohan, Nitish Kumar, Henry Osinde, Hiral Pate, lZubin Surkari, Karl Whatham, Hamza Tariq

Match Time:08:30 GMT | 14:00 Local
Venue: Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
Great thread Roni - love it
Old February 11, 2011, 02:26 AM
Club Cricketer

zohur ahmed stadium is fully ready for the match at 12 feb. if anyone can give me the cell no. then i can update you by sending text.......hopefull i will be there
Old February 11, 2011, 02:31 AM
Club Cricketer

send me anybodys n. no. tomorrow i will provide update from stadium..i know the tension when no live coverage from the field...so hopefully i will do
Old February 11, 2011, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Bangladesh team practicing at ZACS:

Old February 11, 2011, 04:37 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

@Razi: Great Pictures!
@Tiger_Omar: sounds like one or two of their players could put up a fight.... I would like to see that as well... it would be good to see how our spinners perform when they are under attack... and also how our batters approach the game when they are setting up a target...
I do think we should bat aggressively... we need the same kind of aggression the sri lankan batting side had in 96...
Old February 11, 2011, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

No other songs or beat causing adrinaline rush more than Nazrul's "Chol Chol Chol" to me at this moment out of all songs made for 2011 Bd team. Thats inspired me to spend few hours on windows movie makers to know video editing and making. Somehow i was able to made some sort of a video with Dew Drops band's "Chol Chol Chol"singing. Hope you guys wont dislike it much.

Old February 11, 2011, 07:42 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^^^10 e 10 Knockout bhai. Superub

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old February 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

absolutely awesome!!!!gives me goosebumps
Old February 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by salu
send me anybodys n. no. tomorrow i will provide update from stadium..i know the tension when no live coverage from the field...so hopefully i will do
Any takers?
Old February 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

বিসমিল্লাহির রাহমানির রাহিম

Lineup Time:

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Nafees
4. Rahim
5. Riyad
6. Shakib
7. Ashraful
8. Shuhash
9. SunnahMan
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

my preferred lineup! most likely won't come true...

wonderful beginning thread by Roni Bhai love the simple design yet it stands out!

যাত্রা শুরু
Old February 11, 2011, 10:57 AM
Club Cricketer

So, there are no TV channel to broadcast this match. How about Live radio commentary which can be listened through internet. I have a feeling Chittagong radio will broadcast this match. If nothing is there, cricinfo will provide the results.
Old February 11, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

great pics @Razi....

had a lot of captions in mind looking at the pictures but chhaira dilam....

Go Tigers !!!!
Old February 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salu
salu ...

PM me your number. I can call you to get updates. I can make free international phone calls. If you don't mind I'll make periodic calls. I hope someone else will also volunteer - I may not be able to make the calls the between 3-6 PM Dhaka time due to a prior engagement.
Old February 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
Cricket Savant

If salu has a twitter account he could just text the score. =)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
Administrator

He may not have a data plan ...
Old February 11, 2011, 11:51 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

A preview by me for the fan page,thought i should share with you guys too.. (please pardon any mistakes and provide feedback as this is my first attempt)

The first match for the World Cup is set to kick off at the land of beauty Chittagong at the completely renovated Zahur Ahmed Stadium. so who will start of the biggest cricketing event with more confidence? Will the Tigers continue their splendid form and good ranking or will Canada upset the local boys like they did in 2003?

Bangladesh

This is their chance. The team that had the tag of "underdog" for long and often delighted their fans with upset victories have come a long way since than. Their consistent winning habit against the major teams has awarded them the top 8th spot in the world. Bangladesh brings a much more consistent squad than World Cup 2007 with some world class talents like Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal. While all their games set to take place at their own backyard, their world best spin attack has all the aid it needs to make any opponent suffer. With spinners like Shakib, Razzaq, Shuvo, Naeem, Mahmudullah in the 15 squad, a strong spin and all round attack is expected. Their batting order lead by the ferocious Tamim Iqbal has consistency and has the resistence Bangladesh Team lacked in the early stages of their journey.

Canada

A nation where cricket is only practiced in certain places of the country and observed by a small population as a seasonal sport, Canada has shown steady improvement to this point. Back in 2003, they beat Bangladesh showed exactly what they can do. A squad that contains both experience and young talents, Canada certainly qualifies as a worthy opponent of any team. Captain Ashish Bagai along the other players looked very confident when the reached Bangladesh couple of days ago. However, this team will need to perform better than their recent performance against Afghanistan who clinched an easy victory winning by 5 wickets.

Squads:

Canada: Canada does not have a lot of option to think about it, their goal would be to try their best combination and try and achieve some consistency against the Tigers at this unknown condition of Bangladesh. They are more likely to enter with their very recent squad,

Ashish Bagai (Cpt), Rizwan Cheema (Vc), JM Davidson, Nr Kumar, R Gunasekera, As Hansra, Ze Shurkari, H Patel, K. Chauhan, Balaji Rao, HS Baidwan

Bangladesh team has it all, however, they might like to try some of the players that have not featured recently in national squad. This will be the golden chance for players like Mohammed Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain to prove themselves and gain some confidence.

Shakib Al Hasan (Capt) Tamim Iqbal (Vc) Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Abdur Razzaq, Imrul Kayes, Shariar Nafees, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mohammed Ashraful, Mahmudullah Riyad, Sorwardi Shuvo.

However, their is a possibility that the conservative coach Jamie Siddons might not change the line up at all in order to create stability in the tigers lineup!

Players to watch our for:

Mohammed Ashraful: While he have been out from the squad consistently due to his poor performance. His superb National and Premier League performance earned him a precious spot in the world cup. He will look to bring back his performance and challenge a large part of Bangladeshi population who did not appreciate his inclusion. While he is inconsistent, when Ashraful performs, the rest of the batting order can pretty much relax as he is enough to turn down any bowling attack in the world.

Jimmy Hansra: A relatively new player in the maple leafs lineup has performed brilliantly to clinch their victory against Netherlands earlier this month. He is effective both in the batting and bowling area so his all round performance is something to watch for. He is also a unique player in the respect that he is capable of batting any where along the batting order and can be equally effective.

Interesting Fact: Chittagong is set to be the first Bangladeshi ground where first game related to the World Cup will take place. The match is also set to be a day-night game something that has been unique and uncommon for the Chittagong ground.

by, Cyclonic Niloy

Bangladesh Cricket team fan page
Old February 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
absolutely awesome!!!!gives me goosebumps
Oh boy..!! oh boyy!!! Its time!!!

I think us not playing last minute cricket series after Zims got us really anticipated for the WC.

Lets GO TIGERS~~!!!
Old February 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
If salu has a twitter account he could just text the score. =)

that's what i was just thinking
Old February 11, 2011, 12:10 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Bhais nd apas.. Dont be worry.. Ok??
I'll give here match update after every over though i'll get ball by ball update..

Last edited by ahnaf; February 11, 2011 at 12:16 PM..