facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 15, 2011, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Bowling Stats by our primary spinners vs. Naeem:

Naeem Islam: Avg. 39.27 Econ: 4.89

Shakib: Avg. 29.38. Econ: 4.31
Razzaque: Avg. 27.77 Econ:4.49
Shuvo:Avg. 43.84 Econ: 4.59

Old September 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

If naeem were given as many chances as imrul and zunaid in test matches, he would've done much better. He has good temparament and should be in our top order in test matches. In odi, he plays slow paced innings and not suited 4 high scoring matches.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 16, 2011, 12:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
OK you and me know very well that no matter what, he's gonna be in contention for the national team right? Whether we like it or not, he's not gonna be ignored by the selectors. It's just the way our cricket is. Trust me, I believe that Ash needs to be dropped from the team for a long time. His average has been abysmal over the last 2 years now. That's the truth. The problem is, BCB will not understand this. So that's what I was trying to say. I was predicting more from the view of the selectors and not mine.
Australia dropped one of the top batsmen in the world like Katich and we cant even drop failures like Ashraful.. the moment he walks in to bat if the scoreboard is 20 for 2 then it turns out to be 20 for 3 in a matter of moments, he is a walking wicket
Old September 16, 2011, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Ish West Indies team e jodi Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Rampaul r Bishoo'r bodole Shahadat, Farhad Reza, Rabiul r Riyad thakto, taile amader Sir er praan aro shotej hoye jeto!
Old September 16, 2011, 12:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Ish West Indies team e jodi Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Rampaul r Bishoo'r bodole Shahadat, Farhad Reza, Rabiul r Riyad thakto, taile amader Sir er praan aro shotej hoye jeto!
Even i bat against shahadat riyad and co i will make atleast a 50 lol
Old September 16, 2011, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
Even i bat against shahadat riyad and co i will make atleast a 50 lol
do you play cricket ? One shouldnt disrespect bowlers like Rajib,riyad &co. They may be crap at international level bt scoring a 50 is nt that easy as you think.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 16, 2011, 03:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
WTF he has been crap in international cricket for many years and after one useless match against crap bowlers and he is in contention to be back in national team? no wonder we are yet to become a top team if we keep on letting failures like ashrafool in the team, he should go play for kenya if they even take him
Not sure about ODIs but Sunny is worth trying in longer version. This man has also got maturity and experience !!!

55 1st-class matches and 200 wickets with an ave of 25.20
53 List A matches and 72 wickets with an ave of 24.20.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
========Bowl avergs Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 55 11085 5040 200 7/79 25.20 2.72 55.4 10 9 1
List A ===53 2646 1743 72 4/36 4/36 24.20 3.95 36.7 1 0 0
Old September 16, 2011, 03:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
do you play cricket ? One shouldnt disrespect bowlers like Rajib,riyad &co. They may be crap at international level bt scoring a 50 is nt that easy as you think.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
but they are far from being quality bowlers, if sir ashrafool can fluke a 50 against them then i probably can as well
Old September 16, 2011, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
About Naeem...

Some people may not notice the gradual progression of Naeem as a bowler over time. Naeem is now bowling as good as a our top spinners in the team.

His problem is, he was known as a mardanga batting all-rounder and his batting kind of vanished recently before this 100. But to his defence, whoever watched naeem's batting with open neutral view, would agree with me that, he is NOT your typical lower end Afridi type 'chooka' Naeem. He is better suited for top order batsman where he can rotate and build his innings before accelerating his RR. I believe, in his early career with the team, he was wrongly used. He was expected to play a role that is not his strongest suit.

That's why I didn't give up hope on Naeem even though I understand that one 100 shouldn't be enough to get you a ticket to the national team.

I hope next time Naeem get the chance, new coach will use Naeem properly.
Dear Fazal i do totally agree with you.May be you have found earlier in lot of my posts i have Naeem support regarding his value.Yes he was undervalued in the team.He was sent as a #8 batsman for power play.His some selection was totally wrong.Few days ago during Zimbo series in a post i said that gradually Naeem is turning out to be one of the best offi an bangladesh.I was criticised for that comment but i hope Naeem will profe that critics of my post were wrong.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 16, 2011, 05:33 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Did his highest score against Zim in test matter at all? It really didn't matter. Infact He should have scored all the runs to win the test match.

Did any of tamim's century against Eng matter? Yes, because I like him.
yes that mattered but for only that test match..so far ash hasn't done any significant think in continuous basis to make my mouth shut..What was ash's scores in the total zim series?..at the end output was close to 30 out of 100..u expect more from a player who has this much experience and suppose to be one of team's best batsman..
Old September 16, 2011, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Hey, maybe Ash should be picked into our future test teams, but not onsidered in ODIs. He has the technique to survive the scariest of bowlers...