facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Another Sidharth Monga "gem"

We have been getting some mighty fine press from Sidharth Monga - where often solid articles are peppered with examples of what seems to be some sort of a strange anti-Bangladesh bias. It is strange since since he will praise the out of the blue he will throw in a stranger and irrational zinger out of the sky.

HIs latest gem comes from this item: 'Team devastated by performance' - Siddons

All fine and dandy and the article is good for a solid discussion on what Siddon's said in another thread but that is not the intent of my post.

What caught my eye was this paragraph:

Quote:
That defeat was followed by unruly scenes on the streets of Dhaka, and if the officials' version - pretty far-fetched on the face of it - is to be believed, people wanted to attack the Bangladesh team bus but they actually hit the West Indies bus.
The set-aside "pretty far-fetched on the face of" is king of staring at you. You look at it, poke at it and wonder why that needed to be said. I thin most reasonable people who know of the unreasonable people in Bangladesh would know that what was claimed is most likely what transpired and the reverse would have been far-fetched.

I wonder why Monga had to resort to that kind of "reporting".

I normally do not do the "name and shame" on the 'net but this time I felt compelled to do so. I am human after all.

Old March 6, 2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Bad and "spicy" news sells. Cricinfo holds a certain rhetoric about every country they write about. Pakistan is out of favor and now Bangladesh is in.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Boss don't bother reading his bias journals and articles, it's not worth it, all he does is bash Bangladesh continuously. He seems to be a shallow person, talking about the flower incident and saying it's not going to cover it up. I really hope India loses to Ireland today. Indians have a thing against Bangladesh, and anything against Bangladesh will sell more.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Look, it's NOT about India nor is it about CricInfo. It is about one BAD journalist just like the bunches of bad ones from Bangladesh that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork and that too from reputed newspapers and not just from the rags and tabloids like Kalerkantha and BDNews24.

So please do not make this an anti-India or anything like this thread. NOT MY INTENTION.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Monga and certain other reporters make it their priority to bash Bangladesh. doesnt matter if we perform well and win, he will find a thing here and there to bash BD. a man with a mission. make Bangladesh look bad.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
Monga and certain other reporters make it their priority to bash Bangladesh. doesnt matter if we perform well and win, he will find a thing here and there to bash BD. a man with a mission. make Bangladesh look bad.
So far we fought the demons inside the field (Ashoka de Silva & Rod Tucker), now outside the field as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 6, 2011, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hate this moron.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:22 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

A definite bias towards Bangladesh. He just can't seem to help himself. Really petty and giddy at our misfortune.

We're going to focus on Monga's giddyness here. Like Boss mentioned, do not make it about anything else. In other words, don't be a Monga. Stay above it. He is the one throwing "peebles" at the Bangladesh bus (hiding behind the curtains). If you generalize, you become just like him. I do rather like that - DON'T BE A MONGA.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Why dont we arrange a campaign with a slogan
''get well soon SIDHARTH MONGA after mental treatment'' and offer him flowers.
Old March 6, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Umm why does CI send Monga to cover Bangladesh?

Anyway it pissed me off as well. What is far-fetched about it? Three buses carrying the Bangladeshi and West Indies players and staff and the other a dummy bus left the SBNS at the same time. How were people meant to know which was carrying whom? Would he like to give us his expert insight as to why the WI players would be targeted?
Old March 6, 2011, 10:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

they shud get reporters who know bangladesh and has been to bangladesh cover bangladesh. this guy just cant stand being in Bangladesh. its a matter of homesickness. they shud hav sent someone like andrew miller, respectful, supportive, yet unbiased when it comes to analysis.
Old March 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Hitting any bus is WRONG. However, knowing BD mentality, I believe that the stones would be hurled at the BD bus before any other bus. It's not far-fetched.
Old March 6, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Guys like S Monga and NS Sidhu, also a convicted murderer BTW, have a well defined political agenda. The fact that our cricket is a part of that BJP-inspired vitrol is the truly disturbing part. I feel sorry for everyone who has to live with such deeply disturbed individuals.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 6, 2011, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

The most disappointing thing is, The world has put an amplifier in front of the voice of a tiny mouse. Highly unexpected from both the sides.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old March 6, 2011, 11:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Guys like S Monga and NS Sidhu, also a convicted murderer BTW, have a well defined political agenda. The fact that our cricket is a part of that BJP-inspired vitrol is the truly disturbing part. I feel sorry for everyone who has to live with such deeply disturbed individuals.
point !!
Old March 6, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Monga, Sidhu, Manjrekar are disturbed people. Yes, I also feel sorry for these idiots. Their stomach is full of poison from hating BD. Let them stew in their own poison.
Old March 6, 2011, 07:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Monga, Sidhu, Manjrekar are disturbed people. Yes, I also feel sorry for these idiots. Their stomach is full of poison from hating BD. Let them stew in their own poison.
dude ..!!! send them some flowers.....as well...

but seriously this is a typical sub-continent mentality... three countries...India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, sadly are so obsessed with each other that, we frequently scrutinize each others action so closely that it goes to the level of insanity..!!! I mean cummon guys we don't see threads coming up for Indian fans when 99% of them dished a Times of India article expressing doubt on the quality of opening ceremony instead showing solidarity and support to Bangladesh and its effort...!!... however we go to the minutest level of analyzing an article written by some fringe Indian reporter...

don't take this as a some attempt to dish Bangladesh again.......I mean this for whole of Sub-Continent.......
Old March 6, 2011, 07:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
they shud get reporters who know bangladesh and has been to bangladesh cover bangladesh. this guy just cant stand being in Bangladesh. its a matter of homesickness. they shud hav sent someone like andrew miller, respectful, supportive, yet unbiased when it comes to analysis.
Spot on man (me thinks). Its a combination of hatred and a case of horrible cabin fever.

What I can't stand is that he has to throw in the cat amongst the pigdeon in every single article he's been writing.

It's like good cheese with molding on the edges.

However what he doesn't realize is that most people will see his snide pettiness and at the end of day that will hurt him and his writing credibility more than anything else.

Last edited by Shartaz; March 6, 2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old March 6, 2011, 07:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Never liked Monga. Never published any of my articles sent to CI.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 6, 2011, 07:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
dude ..!!! send them some flowers.....as well...

but seriously this is a typical sub-continent mentality... three countries...India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, sadly are so obsessed with each other that, we frequently scrutinize each others action so closely that it goes to the level of insanity..!!! I mean cummon guys we don't see threads coming up for Indian fans when 99% of them dished a Times of India article expressing doubt on the quality of opening ceremony instead showing solidarity and support to Bangladesh and its effort...!!... however we go to the minutest level of analyzing an article written by some fringe Indian reporter...

don't take this as a some attempt to dish Bangladesh again.......I mean this for whole of Sub-Continent.......
I guess we share too much history together and thus the obsession!
Old March 6, 2011, 08:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I actually am less disturbed by openly vitriolic articles than these "favorable" ones sprinkled with back-handed compliments. Unfortunately, Monga's articles would always contain one or two in each "report." I stopped reading his articles. I like some CI reporters (such Harsh Bhogle) and don't like a few others, such as Monga, engaged in -mongering.
Old March 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
Test Cricketer

monga is bad....dont know what manjekar did..........but sidhu will beat everyone in anti-bd idiocity......he is simply unbearable..........a piece of **** that not only stinks but also spreads bacteria
Old March 7, 2011, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
@rameshsrivats Forget Bangladeshi fans. Think of Sidhu's poor wife. He'll be home early today.
Old March 7, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
The most disappointing thing is, The world has put an amplifier in front of the voice of a tiny mouse. Highly unexpected from both the sides.
Exactly.
Btw,welcome back.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 7, 2011, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

To be honest this article had a bad taste, true. But we saw people admiring our love for cricket when the tournament kicked off. We had some good articles, but this one ruins it all.

Then again can we blame others for what we did? NO. We are to be blamed always for what happened, even though we sent flowers to the team hotel.

I think lot of us saw what happened around TSC, Shahabag and DU area yesterday. The whole area was a battlefield as the news of the death of a student was being spread. Then the students were breaking cars, buses, pavements etc etc. BRTC bought 100 new buses and one of them which costs crores of taka- was broken and diminished. DO we really need this? If any foreigner comes and see that incident then what he or she will think? We are a nation full of naive? Or what? You don't have to damage your own property to show anger or protest, do you?

To be honest we show too much reaction, we are passionate- it's true, but we are destructive as well. We must change ourselves. The sooner it's better for us.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; March 7, 2011 at 02:13 AM..