facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2012, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
why isnt bisshu palying?..anybody know?
Sunil Narine seems to be the spinner on demand atm. he was very well in CL2, taking 10 wickets at an average of 10.50 and an economy rate of 4.37. He was sold for $700,000 to KKR in 2012 IPL auction. WI has produced some quality spinners in last couple of years ie. Benn, Bishoo. The competion has been good.

Old March 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

T20 International

Windies are batting ..... Pollard hits his first six

81/4 after 13

watching here http://www.hdfooty.com/channel5.html
Old March 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Kieron is a beast. 31 of 13

make that 35 of 14
Old March 27, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Soon..................................... Gayle be back for WI Nat'l Team?

Last edited by zsayeed; March 27, 2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old March 27, 2012, 02:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

watching something special here
Old March 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

bowling dot ball to kieron is like diamond
Old March 27, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Easy game for Australia.
Old March 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

West Indies captain Darren Sammy: "We were looking for about 170 but the Australians bowled well and maybe outplayed us today. We have one more game in Barbados and hope to change things there. We might try to add some firepower to the bowling for the next game."

Australia's Shane Watson is the man of the match: "It's nice, good to be able to put a complete performance together. I was thinking 160-170 was a par score, it's a beautiful wicket and a pretty small boundary as well, so we thought 150 would be good to chase. One of Pollard's big hits chopped up the ball a little, so that helped us with reverse swing, so thanks big man ... With the bat, it's getting there, I'm definitely hitting the ball better now."
Old March 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Both ODI & t20i series drawn. Its still all square. Australia may need to fight here to gain back #1 test spot.
Old March 31, 2012, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

what a comeback WI!! Very good fight against the Aussies
Old March 31, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

whose going to be in the WI test squad? jason holder and carlos brathwaite are great prospects! i hope they bring back darren bravo for the test team he should be there and wouldn't hurt them to have dwayne bravo and smith either. and will they have narine or bishoo or both in the squad?
Old April 5, 2012, 11:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

have to say i'm surprised russell didn't make the squad for the 1st test, he's a very promising allrounder, hits big as a lower order batsman but can bowl as good as any pacer really.

i wonder why holder didn't get many overs in the warm-up match, seems to have bowled ok just didn't get the ball too often.
Old April 7, 2012, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

WI building steadily in Day 1 of the first Test. Kirk Edwards looks a very solid player to me. WI have been waiting for a batsman like him for a long time. And this Brathwaite guy has a bright future. Incredible concentration and discipline for a 19 year old. And as I'm writing this he has brought up his half-century. Very well played. With Gayle's return imminent there'll be some firepower added to the line-up as well. All in all good times ahead for WI again.
Old April 7, 2012, 01:31 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Such a boring test match
Old April 7, 2012, 01:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Warner's bowling is not half bad!
Old April 7, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
WI building steadily in Day 1 of the first Test. Kirk Edwards looks a very solid player to me. WI have been waiting for a batsman like him for a long time. And this Brathwaite guy has a bright future. Incredible concentration and discipline for a 19 year old. And as I'm writing this he has brought up his half-century. Very well played. With Gayle's return imminent there'll be some firepower added to the line-up as well. All in all good times ahead for WI again.
Ya the Windies batsmen are doing really well here. I really like Kirk Edwards as well, he's definitely got a bright future ahead of him for Test cricket. Also our youngsters should learn from Brathwaite. The amount of patience he showed was phenomenal for such a young player. Definitely a star in the making.

They definitely are making positive strides. Sammy was saying that he wants to be a top 5 Test team in about 4 years. I believe that goal could be very much possible if they can continue to work hard and improve. It's always a positive to have the WI doing well. It's good for cricket.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^The thing with Brathwaite is that he isn't that talented and doesn't have a lot of shots or power but he is prepared to labour with whatever he has got and that is very commendable. If our batsmen had 3/4th of that discipline and patience they would have so much more success when batting.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
^The thing with Brathwaite is that he isn't that talented and doesn't have a lot of shots or power but he is prepared to labour with whatever he has got and that is very commendable. If our batsmen had 3/4th of that discipline and patience they would have so much more success when batting.
When the West Indies toured BD last time around, their batsmen showed a lot better temperament then our batsmen. I was actually really impressed with the way they batted. They also have very young batsmen but they show a whole lot more application then our boys. It's the way they make bowlers toil to get their wickets. If they continue the good work, they'll be a very tough team to beat.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:23 PM
BC Editorial Team

Tiger444, it's similar to the way that some of the current Pakistani Test Batsmen bat - Misbah, Younis, Azhar Ali etc. (barring Umar Akmal of course) But the difference is, these WI batsmen excluding Chanderpaul and a couple others are really, really young.

It's also interesting to note that WI's spin bowling attack holds greater mystery/threat for foreign batsmen than their fast bowling! We're watching WI cricket transform in front of our eyes!
Old April 7, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Tiger444, it's similar to the way that some of the current Pakistani Test Batsmen bat - Misbah, Younis, Azhar Ali etc. (barring Umar Akmal of course) But the difference is, these WI batsmen excluding Chanderpaul and a couple others are really, really young.

It's also interesting to note that WI's spin bowling attack holds greater mystery/threat for foreign batsmen than their fast bowling! We're watching WI cricket transform in front of our eyes!
Good point Navo. I was actually thinking the same thing. Pakistani batsmen also bat like the West Indies. Zimbabweans also bat like those 2 teams as well. I believe our batsmen need to follow these 3 teams as well. They should be extra defensive while batting. Weaker teams need to bat even slower then the stronger teams since their batting isn't as developed. Then slowly they should improve their run rates. So when we face Zimbabwe next time, I want our RR to hover around 2-2.5 for a good amount of the match and then we could work from there.
Old April 8, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Old April 8, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Now with that boundary Chanderpaul is the leading run scorer at Kensington Oval!
Old April 8, 2012, 12:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Good point Navo. I was actually thinking the same thing. Pakistani batsmen also bat like the West Indies. Zimbabweans also bat like those 2 teams as well. I believe our batsmen need to follow these 3 teams as well. They should be extra defensive while batting. Weaker teams need to bat even slower then the stronger teams since their batting isn't as developed. Then slowly they should improve their run rates. So when we face Zimbabwe next time, I want our RR to hover around 2-2.5 for a good amount of the match and then we could work from there.
I still think it depends on context. The Eng-SL match showed us that on a helpful pitch, a wicket will fall inevitably due to the rough patches and the uneven bounce. In those conditions you can't just stonewall and bat out maidens. On that pitch and against a good bowling attack, it's nigh impossible for any team to bat out 2.5 days. So it's important to play sensibly but to rotate regularly.

But yes, I do agree with the idea of including a few more solid, compact players in the top order. Tamim, Shakib and Nasir have all the flamboyance we need. In tests Mushy and Riyad look solid but often squander starts. Let's see who is in form close to the Zim series.
Old April 8, 2012, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Sammy seems to be on a mission! 24 from 22 balls - this is a TEST!

Watson hits him on the helmet - helmet gone! Bent out of shape, and then next ball -

Sammy

Hits a six off Watson!

Quote:
Watson to Sammy, SIX, that's how they respond to bouncers in the West Indies. Watson bowls a gentle length ball, well slightly short of a length, and Sammy punches this on the up, going well over mid-off. What clean swing. And then stands and admires the shot with the elbow up. Photographers have got their photo of the day. Crowds love it too. Bye bye ball
Quote:
Sammy still a little dizzy, though, after that hit in the head. The physio jogs out. Sammy is on the floor. Then he gets up about five seconds later. They are feeding him bananas. Meanwhile that old helmet is smashed out of shape. All right we have had about three minutes of delay, and umpire Tony Hill asks him to either hurry up or retire-hurt. Sammy sips more water. Wipes the face with a towel. And puts the new helmet on
Old April 8, 2012, 12:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Great stuff:-

"120.4
Watson to Sammy, no run, got him in the helmet. Sammy has ducked straight into it. Dug into the middle of the pitch, just outside off, Sammy ducks, but the ball doesn't come up and hits him on the back of the helmet. he is on the floor. No verbals, though
Watson to Sammy, SIX, that's how they respond to bouncers in the West Indies. Watson bowls a gentle length ball, well slightly short of a length, and Sammy punches this on the up, going well over mid-off. What clean swing. And then stands and admires the shot with the elbow up. Photographers have got their photo of the day. Crowds love it too. Bye bye ball
Harris comes up and inspects the helmet. Shiv shows Sammy where it is damaged. Sammy asks for a new one"

Sammy still a little dizzy, though, after that hit in the head. The physio jogs out. Sammy is on the floor. Then he gets up about five seconds later. They are feeding him bananas. Meanwhile that old helmet is smashed out of shape

Cricket would not be the same without the West Indies.