facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 12, 2011, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Amar mon bolse aj kisu akta hobe.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old April 12, 2011, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Amar khub khida lagse. :/ Achha, kangaroo haram naki halal?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Clearly being a part-time fan, he'll jump on the bandwagon when we pull of a win.
u can not call one a part time fan unless u know that guy well..BD is facing really tough times out their in the field and people will get frustrated,one win and again "mathay tule nacha suru"...even regular fans does that..plz dont give example of people here on forum...This forum may have 20000 mambers(may be 2000 active) that isnt 5% of the BD fan base
Old April 12, 2011, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Amar khub khida lagse. :/ Achha, kangaroo haram naki halal?

Neither. It is gamey and tough.

You make the call if it is important to you: No cloven hoof there. But then these are marsupials.

Old April 12, 2011, 11:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Game starts at 8:00 GMT not 8:30.

Good luck Mews..Give a good farewell to your guru and BF (applies to Tamim & Shakib only).

Enjoy..
cricinfo says 8 GMT ...... but i have match tickets and that says 2-30 PM BD time that is 8-30 GMT

check THIS
Old April 13, 2011, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Neither. It is gamey and tough.

You make the call if it is important to you: No cloven hoof there. But then these are marsupials.

Aw right. Those claws make them haraam actually.
No kangaroo for lunch! No!

Old April 13, 2011, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
u can not call one a part time fan unless u know that guy well..BD is facing really tough times out their in the field and people will get frustrated,one win and again "mathay tule nacha suru"...even regular fans does that..plz dont give example of people here on forum...This forum may have 20000 mambers(may be 2000 active) that isnt 5% of the BD fan base
Only part-time fans place constant abuse ahead of contructive criticism, or like me, just shutting up. If the member I used as an example reinforce those claims, then the example I used was in no way a generalisation.
Old April 13, 2011, 12:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Clearly being a part-time fan, he'll jump on the bandwagon when we pull of a win.
This is pretty out of line.

No "part-time fan" is going to come online to post on a forum about Bangladeshi cricket if he doesn't really care about the team. Even the most negative person here wants nothing more than success for this team.

Some people seem to take the tack that all criticism is as a rule unwarranted and not worthy of being posted. Well, if you don't like it, don't read it. Personally, I think our country, let alone our cricket team, would be much better off if we had a culture that was more accepting of constructive criticism. But I suppose that is a topic for a different forum. And yes, not all criticism is constructive. It's the internet. Sometimes there will be "abuse". Sometimes people need to blow off steam. It's not a big deal.

Anyway, whether you're pessimistic or optimistic about the team currently, whether or not you think this is likely (and it's fair to feel either way), I am sure that we are ALL united in hoping for a comprehensive victory in this match.
Old April 13, 2011, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Be that as it may, I am hoping to see your first positive post about Bangladesh cricket any time now. The one note is getting to be very jarring.
Sorry, didnt know we were supposed to act all positive and happy here and no criticism. If I saw something to be happy about then I would surely post that too. I was positive in my posts when the 1st odi started I am pretty sure.
Old April 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Clearly fans are only supposed to idolize the players and not criticize them for being pathetic. Surely I am a part time fan who has watched nearly every Bangladesh cricket match since the 90's and every time they win against a credible team I am filled with joy but it is a rare moment. I have stopped going crazy after one win because I know we will have to go through dozens of losses after that. If they were hard working and gave their hundred percent on the field every time and played all matches to win then maybe I can live with the loss but clearly that's not what we see, I like many fans stayed silent for many years after all the excuses of us being a new team, young team and it will take time to grow, a new coach has come and countless other excuses.
Old April 13, 2011, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Dude, criticism is all good, and we all do that. But you haven't posted a single positive post here. Not that I know of. Just keeping on ranting like a broken record gets a bit annoying after a while FWIW.
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Australia eto bhalo perform korar pore o next game er ager din practice korte ashe ar amader alal o dulal ra eto baje perform kore o hotele boshe biri r moddopan niya busy..
practice koire ar kee lav ase .........

emiteu 200 korbe omniteu 201 korbe
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joamiq
This is pretty out of line.

No "part-time fan" is going to come online to post on a forum about Bangladeshi cricket if he doesn't really care about the team. Even the most negative person here wants nothing more than success for this team.

Some people seem to take the tack that all criticism is as a rule unwarranted and not worthy of being posted. Well, if you don't like it, don't read it. Personally, I think our country, let alone our cricket team, would be much better off if we had a culture that was more accepting of constructive criticism. But I suppose that is a topic for a different forum. And yes, not all criticism is constructive. It's the internet. Sometimes there will be "abuse". Sometimes people need to blow off steam. It's not a big deal.

Anyway, whether you're pessimistic or optimistic about the team currently, whether or not you think this is likely (and it's fair to feel either way), I am sure that we are ALL united in hoping for a comprehensive victory in this match.
I generally agree with most of what you say. We tend to have a very thin skin when it comes to accepting criticism, constructive or not. And therein you have parliament boycotts, hartals, bus burnings and what not. Being critical (constructive or otherwise) and being negative are two entirely different things - an excessive or even worse, an exclusive, dose of negativity can very soon progress from a mild irritant to being a major annoyance.

Where I disagree with you is with your comment that it is not a big deal when in the act of letting of steam abuse happens. Abuse is always a big deal and we here on BC have tried (thought sometimes failed) to maintain a modicum of civility in the discourse that goes on. Granted, we fail spmetimes - after all we are all volunteers here with a day job driven only by our passion for things cricket, especially Bangladesh cricket.

One can let off steam without being abusive.
One can disagree without resorting to personal attacks.

Yes, this is the "internet" but what does that mean? The internet has evolved to becoming a major part of our daily lives. And how we conduct ourselves here does manifest in how we conduct ourselves in the material world.

Positivism, optimism and civility are in poor supply these days. We can only strive to change it for the better.

- my vent

Last edited by Zunaid; April 13, 2011 at 02:59 AM..
Old April 13, 2011, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ajke Bangladesh jitle ei shob kotha chapa pore jabe.

Old April 13, 2011, 12:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ok friends, It seems my posts have been worthless here and not liked by anyone. I hope you guys are happy after today's match, this will be my last post on the website and you will not have to hear any more criticism.
Old April 13, 2011, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif68
Ok friends, It seems my posts have been worthless here and not liked by anyone. I hope you guys are happy after today's match, this will be my last post on the website and you will not have to hear any more criticism.
You know,
A better approach from you could be- Correcting yourself and adding a bit of positivity in your posts. Trust me, people would admire you then.

Old April 13, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

On my way to the SBNS!

Some "fans" here - not only of the new-thread-happy, KDPP newbies of late - are like human Vuvuzelas: ANNOYING and playing just one note.

Therapy and possibly meds can be infinitely more helpful than sublimating your pathology in a public forum and making an utter douche of yourselves in the process.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

abt 2 hours more
Old April 13, 2011, 02:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Any live streaming ??
Old April 13, 2011, 02:07 AM
Test Cricketer

when this team do the Banglawash newzealand, many of us except so much from them. I don't know how that happened (Banglawash), but I think we have mile's to go before being standard as an international team to challenge any other international test playing nation.
Old April 13, 2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
but I think we have mile's to go before being standard as an international team to challenge any other international test playing nation.
It's not miles but one km or so IMO!

A Banglawashed BCB might do a magic ...
Old April 13, 2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurf
Any live streaming ??
http://youcric.com/
http://www.cricket2011.tk/
http://www.cricfree.com/
http://www.cricket-365.info/
http://www.mmscricket.com/
http://extracover.net/
http://criconlinelive.in/world-cup-2011-live-stream/

> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Old April 13, 2011, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif68
Cheer up bro
Old April 13, 2011, 02:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Cricinfo and some other sources including some BD newspaper mentioned game at 8 GMT ..... that is 2 PM local time .....

in that case by now toss would have happened

anyway my MATCH tickets say 2-30 PM that is 8-30 GMT

i will leave for SBNCS soon
Old April 13, 2011, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Cricinfo says punto might opens with Wattto.

anyway, australia won the toss and will bat first.