facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2009, 01:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default I believe in and support Ashraful as a captain, Rubel as a bowler and Bangladesh as a team

After the last match against sri-lanka, people are constantly bashing bangladesh on the whole and ash as a captain. I am opening this thread on the contrary.

i whole-heartedly support bangladesh as a team and ashraful as a captain. i am quoting my post in some other thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaherul
yeah, i don't blame ash.

remember it was a team decision to bowl rubel in the third powerplay. so, it's not his fault or lack of brain-storm that he kept him for that and had not kept guys like mash and nazmul. i also believw that if mash had been there and had somehow been giving runs, these fans would once again try to sack ash, reminding us the 18-run last over of mash against zimbabwe-- a fact that they seem to have totally forgotten for now. and i also remember these fans being over-excieted at rubel's clinical dead bowling at the end of the last match when he took four wickets. none raised their voice then. just remember one thing, it is always easy to carp from outside the scene or after the horse has been bolted. it is the captain, in this case, ash, who had to take the decision on the field on that very moment and he favored his intution, which is a thing the most successfull captains in the cricket arena like imran khan and steve waugh had also done many times.

if i were the captain, i would have bowl rubel in the 46th over for sure. on the 48th over, probably i would have gone for mahmudullah. however, the decision could go either ways. i think ash did not take the risk of bowling a bowler for the first time in the match on the 48 th over in such a tight situation. yeah, he took the risk of bowling rubel. but you had to take either of the two risks. he chose the one with rubel, whom he belived after his brilliant show after the last game. also think, if rubel had got murali in the 48th over and won us the match, what impact it would put on him. he would have known that even after being thrashed so much badly, his captain had kept faith on him. as a captain you must take care of many many things, and this way of supporting your bowler is one of these. i liked ash not blaming rubel after the match. if i were the captain, i would certainly bowl rubel in the death over of the very next match, i would play. captaincy is not a scince , it is an art and there are many ways to perform it.

finally, be proactive. take the positives from the last match, which is to many in number compared to the number of negatives in it whereas you are just picking up the negative. mark my word, if you keep ashraful in the captaincy, we would certainly start to win test matches at the end of this year and start to win odi's quite regularly.

i know many would disagree with me. well that's how life is. i would rather take those harsh comments on me than to stay quiet when i think bangladesh, ashraful and rubel need the spport from us, the fans all the more.

best of luck to all the team-members of bangladesh. i love you all. i am proud of each and everyone of you.

Last edited by jawaherul; January 17, 2009 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old January 17, 2009, 01:58 AM
Cricket Savant

you got ma backing.......

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 17, 2009, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Good on ya mate. You've now got two backs.
Old January 17, 2009, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

First Class Cricketer

thanks guys for backing me up.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I'm with u man.
Old January 17, 2009, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

jawaherul bhai, i don't want to talk about ash's captaincy right now........ i had a chance of watching the batting session of bd.......and here's what i think

ash was such a gadha that after two wickets fallen down, he repeated his wicket throwing action again.......the main thing is that ash was out in such an important time..now other batsmans are learning from him how to throw wickets.........usually a best player of team becomes the captain, but ash's avg is like a cheap class player......btw, ash je rubel ke dia 48th over korailo, ei nia kichu bolte chai na, karon oi overea wicket nilea BC te eto thread bair hoito na......lol...however we lost the match because of our batting....and ash again fails to lead the team from the front....all blame goes to the top-order batsmans and ash......
Old January 17, 2009, 03:05 AM
BC Editorial Team

hear hear jawaherul
Old January 17, 2009, 03:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

dear friend i have been hearing all praises about how good captain he was yesterday.how he made good changes in the bowling and field.if he had been so good with captaincy,i will support him but i dont get one thing..how comes we lost after we had srilanka 6/5 which is the best figures by any team bowling.
shttp://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/...w;view=innings
where as all the other team who had such an opportunity won their game...all the first 20 teams after us have one,maybe more i havent checked the laters. and some of them got over in less than 100 runs.if ash hs been a good captain how comes srilanka lasted till 50 overs. what i see ash didnt believe in finishing them off. thats y he handed rubel that over,coz he wanted it to go till 50th over.not trying to finish.ash may be a good player,but he does not have the vision to win,he always hopes for something to happen.well i agree with one thing,he definitely is the luckiest guy in world cricket.and most of you will agree to that.
Old January 17, 2009, 03:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate
dear friend i have been hearing all praises about how good captain he was yesterday.how he made good changes in the bowling and field.if he had been so good with captaincy,i will support him but i dont get one thing..how comes we lost after we had srilanka 6/5 which is the best figures by any team bowling.
where as all the other team who had such an opportunity won their game...all the first 20 teams after us have one,maybe more i havent checked the laters. and some of them got over in less than 100 runs.if ash hs been a good captain how comes srilanka lasted till 50 overs. what i see ash didnt believe in finishing them off. thats y he handed rubel that over,coz he wanted it to go till 50th over.not trying to finish.ash may be a good player,but he does not have the vision to win,he always hopes for something to happen.well i agree with one thing,he definitely is the luckiest guy in world cricket.and most of you will agree to that.
there is one correction.only one team has won after such a collapse srilanka,against bangladesh (yesterday) and india against zimbabwe, but that was a 60 over match.and it took more than 170 runs by kapil dev to save the match.though batting second no one has except srilanka.
Old January 17, 2009, 03:52 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Since i understnd Cricket, i supported BD and im supporting them now and I will support them until i die.this is gurantee.

im a real tru BD cricket Fan....who always with BD even though they lost badlyyy..I luv BD cricket..

Last edited by Nadim; January 17, 2009 at 05:24 AM..
Old January 17, 2009, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

At least someone have the commonsense.
Old January 17, 2009, 06:45 AM

In the Final,
- Ashraful's captaincy was upto the par
- He was faulter (again...) as a batter

> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Old January 17, 2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

i suported bd since i was 14 yers old. befor use 2 suport england
Old January 17, 2009, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Agreed!
Old January 17, 2009, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Ash is probably a crappy off the field captain but I do think he's made most of the right decisions on the field so far. Sure, he's made errors, but everyone does, especially when you're a relatively new captain. We certainly need someone who can glue the players together and inspire them to play as a unit off the field as well and I'm not sure Ashraful's that person. But do we have an able replacement - someone who will be better in interpersonal dealings without having his individual performances hampered? I don't think so. When we find someone (or when one of the current lot comes of age), we can certainly replace him as captain.

It's not so much the on-field decisions that I'm worried about when it comes to Ash the captain, but rather his irresponsibility when it comes to his batting and I'm a firm believer of the "if you can't bat, you don't play" motto - and that applies to captains too. But how can you drop someone who has scored more runs than everyone other than the MOM in a game where we toppled Sri Lanka, was the MOM himself in a win against New Zealand and has a test hundred to his name recently? This I think is the dilemma when it comes to the question of whether he should get the axe as a batsman. Even with his poor shot selection, he seems to score more than some of the others in the team. Who is to say that given a stretch of games as long as Ash has enjoyed, the others wouldn't return similar performances? IMO, we have let him hang around for too long in the past and had we dropped him, say, for a year after, say, five consecutive failures, he might have come back stronger, which might have been good for our cricket.

So for now he stays as captain and as batsman, but we can't afford strings of zeroes in consecutive games anymore. As for Rubel, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him yet.

As for the team, how can one ever give up on them?
Old January 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate
Its called experience. SL has it, we don't. That is the only reason they won.
Old January 17, 2009, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

In retrospect, although Ash does seem to lack a lot of the interpersonal skills that Bashar had possessed, the team does seem to take inspiration from something or the other and recently they have been giving it their 100% (at least in the bowling and fielding departments - the batters are still just idiots). Either he's doing something right, or the coach is, or the team is gluing together albeit Ash's stupid remarks in the press. In any case, credit goes to the bowling and fielding because it's not easy to get the hagu beaten out of you day in and day out and still show the levels of commitment that we have in the past couple of series.
Old January 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

this team's all i have...have no choice but to stick by them
Old January 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

totally man, cant believe this topic is actually coming up! This could happen to any team, just think how Australia lost that ODI the same day as ours. Its luck, seriously. Can't blame Ashraful for that, nor Rubel. Infact im proud of those two for making it a great series for us, a great one after a long long time! Especially after that loss to Zimbabwe, definately needed that
Old January 17, 2009, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

I blame the Batsmen - come on laws of probability say one bowler will give away many runs in at least 1 over..... but scoring 150 is never going to be enough. Our top order is to blame they are a disgrace!!