facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 25, 2017, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Your thoughts on Kaepernick sitting/kneeling during National Anthem!

Now that the Donald got involved, it's world wide news. But this has been a controversy for past couple of years now.

While kaepernick's upbrining perhaps played a role in his protest against social injustice... Is he right in expressing them by disrespecting the flag?

I think he is wrong and I think (agree with donald) that NFL and every other sports body should take a stand of NO sitting/kneeling during Anthem.

Discuss!

Old September 25, 2017, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I agree with Kaepernick. He used to sit out but then he started taking the knee. It is not disrespecting the flag. He is using the platform to bring light to the issue which Afrian-Americans feel very passionate about. Even MLK (who I believe to be the greatest American ever) also took knee as protest.

Quote:
Many are "more dedicated to order than to justice," offended by kneeling during the Anthem & not by racism & modern-day lynching
Old September 25, 2017, 11:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Rosa Parks did not sit down in the bus to protest public transportation.
Old September 25, 2017, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Did MLK kneel during national anthem ? Every single person is expected to stand during national anthem of any country... that is part of sports ..a sense of unity that is free of any politics ...

The quote u put forth is ironic ... because though kaepernicks action got well published the discussion never went to police brutality ... so he failed even many may argue he had to take this stance to get noticed ...

Let sarker start sitting during bd national anthem for bigotry he faces on Facebook ..see how that plays out for Bangladeshi ppl and Hasina apa...it's a knee to all those who died for your freedom ..

it is failure of ppl that we can't uphold the words of declaration of independence and the constitution .....

what if Hitler won the ww2 ..how the world would look like now ? Though usa has its problems it is still a great country that was created from many bloodshed and sacrifice ...I think least anyone can do is stand up for its national anthem ..

His intention was good but Kaepernik failed ... and this kneeling became a whole new monster ... it's time we put this vile act to rest
Old September 25, 2017, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

In a BCL match, if they play the national anthem and without a cause a fan in the stadium don't stand, what may happen?

I can't remember if they played national anthem in league finals between clubs back in the days (Abahani v Mohamodon).
Old September 26, 2017, 02:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Did MLK kneel during national anthem ? Every single person is expected to stand during national anthem of any country... that is part of sports ..a sense of unity that is free of any politics ...

The quote u put forth is ironic ... because though kaepernicks action got well published the discussion never went to police brutality ... so he failed even many may argue he had to take this stance to get noticed ...

Let sarker start sitting during bd national anthem for bigotry he faces on Facebook ..see how that plays out for Bangladeshi ppl and Hasina apa...it's a knee to all those who died for your freedom ..

it is failure of ppl that we can't uphold the words of declaration of independence and the constitution .....

what if Hitler won the ww2 ..how the world would look like now ? Though usa has its problems it is still a great country that was created from many bloodshed and sacrifice ...I think least anyone can do is stand up for its national anthem ..

His intention was good but Kaepernik failed ... and this kneeling became a whole new monster ... it's time we put this vile act to rest
Not only that. Donald Trump is using it to increase his support. When he gets elected for the second term, the liberals will again wonder how did he get elected again. They just won't understand it's because of things like this.
Old September 26, 2017, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Not only that. Donald Trump is using it to increase his support. When he gets elected for the second term, the liberals will again wonder how did he get elected again. They just won't understand it's because of things like this.
They should Stop watching/reading anti trump media channels/news portals etc. It will help them understand situations better. They need to start listening to what the actual source (person) say's instead of a journalist analysing what the person said etc. They need to improve observation skill, especially of social media platforms like FB, Twitter etc.

It will help them form a opinion that is unbiased as they will analyse information they have taken directly from the relative person. Not only Donald Trumps twitter account.
Old September 26, 2017, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Donald Trump is a fraud. BUT!

He is a smart, talented and genius fraud. He knows how to manipulate things.
He knows what he needs to say/do to win supporters.

This is very easy to observe, one doesn't need to be a genius to observe this.
Old September 26, 2017, 05:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1aAG1xVoI

Old September 26, 2017, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

>
See this is the beauty of this country ... you don't have to pledge of you don't want to ...a country that gives you this choice while providing for you ... why would you not pledge out of respect ?

I stand and pledge because I want to .... those that say I have rights to exercise my freedom of expression are hypocrites ... yes you have the right because this country allows you to have the right and you chose to not stand for that principal alone .... NK..Saudi .. many countries will not allow u to have those conversation ....

Btw school is a public govt institution .. NFL is a private entity ... if nfl body wants to curve down this nonsense of kneeling it would not be unconstitutional ...

Having said this ..the current kneeling on unison with hand locked isn't necessarily disrespectful because the meaning Changed ... kapernick didn't want to stand for a country where "black ppl are seemingly oppressed " while earning the high life and while not able to show a single country on earth where such subtle opressins aren't there ...

He was sitting initially and then caved to pressure and started kneeling ... I think that is super disrespectful sitting regardless of what you are fighting for or regardless of your rights ...

You have those rights because many died for that .....
Old September 26, 2017, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Not a single.person is talking about police brutality on young black man... and that my friend shows this was the absolute wrong approach .
Old September 26, 2017, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

And that Ventura video I didn't watch completely and briefly got a sense him saying why are we booing someone who is exercising his right ? Even if we don't agree with him ..

So now I can't even express myself booing while someone else is expressing theirs shitting on a country's pride ? We have gone full blown liberal retards .

Kaerpernick is jobless now and the system takes care of itself ... express your disgust but there are consequences .. it would just be so much easier if the platform for political voice is removed for everyone in sporting events.. 100 million eyes on you ... you decided to abuse it the worst possible way .
Old September 26, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

I have problem with Pakistani anthem played at Dhaka during our cricket match against them ... but I let it go because I realize I have To tune out everything else and just see it as a competitive match ...

During football world cup matches ..so many countries that have **** basic human rights ... ppl still stand to that anthem because the game is not the place for political message ..

Syria may potentially be in the world cup ... do you watch the game and think I am glad something at least good is happening for the ppl in that country ...they will find joy watching their country in this world event...or do u politicize it ?
Old September 27, 2017, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

I don't understand this concept of protesting where you are required to insult your country, flag or anthem. I mean there are literally millions of other ways of protesting and making sure your voice is heard. They are taking out their anger and hatred for Trumps on their country, I won't be surprised if Trump is reelected for the second term, I don't think the silent majority or the grass root working class Americans supporting these kind of cheap antics.
Old September 27, 2017, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Couldn't help but notice that American minorities especially black and Latinos knows how to milk and exploit the white-guilt, none of my business though.
Old September 27, 2017, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Couldn't help but notice that American minorities especially black and Latinos knows how to milk and exploit the white-guilt, none of my business though.
that is a very poor description. institutional racism is still very prevalent in US. it is not as in your face like in the slavery or afterwards jim crows era. but rather has been institutionalized and faced by African-Americans every day. The memory of 200+ years of racism is still raw. Americans went to moon before the blacks could even went to same school, drink from the same fountain, or eat at same restaurants as whites. Even few months ago, someone vandalized Lebron James' house with the N word. Just let that sink in. So "milking and exploiting" is the narrative of Breitbart and rest. Not even Fox.

Last edited by mufi_02; September 27, 2017 at 02:29 PM..
Old September 27, 2017, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Race and relations are very complicated in USA and if you don't live in us ..it is somewhat difficult to understand ... it's difficult even if you live here ..

So I would not Say what you just wrote above anywhere else .

Kaerpernick from what I gathered initially Wil likely not stand anywhere during national anthem (tv or no tv ) ...

the current kneeling is all show and stupidity .... and the president of usa has much pressing issues to deal with ...It is ridiculous that he is involved ... so I don't really care what everyone is doing now following Twitter ....

Wth do owner of cowboy understand about being marginalized ? Wtf is he kneeling for ? He supports free speech ? That was never under threat in united states ...

Kaeoernic was clear ..he didn't want to stand for a country that oppressed black ppl ... while ignoring all the country offered him ... and by not standing t's the sense of hypocrisy that is upsetting ..

Many ppl don't like usa meddling with many world politics ... going into war ... you can disagree with all that but while being in USA you should not in my opinion disrespect the nation because it is so much more than just one thing ...
Old September 27, 2017, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

If usa finally make to world cup ...(maybe ppl will forget by then ) I won't be surprised if half the stadium do not stand during its anthem... what is trump gonna do then ? Idiot making domestic problem international news....
Old September 27, 2017, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

@iDumb and @Mufi thanks for your valuable inputs, should have avoided blanket statements like that, I have nothing against blacks or Hispanics nor do I have any extra fondness for the whites, should have framed it in a different way, my bad.
Old September 27, 2017, 02:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
When you are targeted and shot while your arms are up... what step can you take to protect your next generation from receiving same treatment? You try to come up with a solution. What happened in LA was for real. What happened in St. Louis was for real. Look at Arizona. Blatant violation of federal judge's order.
Old September 27, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

I liked the idea of kneeling before the anthem and when it starts, stand up and show respect to the flag.

Those who knelt said they are doing that not to disrespect the flag or those who gave life for America. It is against President's foul mouth, double standard of not calling the W supremists and criticizing the NFL protest, Police brutality against the Blacks and Hispanics etc.
Old September 27, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

@iDumb, @Mufi, @Tigers_Eye have you guys ever experienced any kind of racism, blunt or subtle? Don't get me wrong I am just being curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to
Old September 27, 2017, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

No worries. As idumb said, race is a very complicated issue here in US. It is not as black and white as it seems. It is the country's ultimate original sin. US would not have been a global dominant power had it not exploited free labor up until 1860.

Only about 50 some odd years ago, there were crowds protesting and spitting on a little black girl going to an all white school. But on the other hand it is still the land of the opportunity and provides paths to unlimited success to anyone who works hard regardless of race, religion, and ethnicity.

The memories of the past 200 years will always haunt America. US is not a generic nation like all other (maybe except Canada/Aus). It is not like UK, China, Russia, India who has a native population and history dating back thousands of years. The history of US is still very new.

The native population has been almost entirely wiped out. The colonial settlement opened a fraction of the land in the form of first 13 very small states. The European immigration later expanded it further up and opened couple more interior/middle states until the Mississippi river. The final push to the frontier opened the west and states such as California and the Pacific Coast. It is a very fascinating story.

It is as if the best and the worst of the Old World came with a second chance to build the New World.
Old September 27, 2017, 02:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
@iDumb, @Mufi, @Tigers_Eye have you guys ever experienced any kind of racism, blunt or subtle? Don't get me wrong I am just being curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to
I have not. People in general are very nice. I never had any bad experience with any Americans in my almost 16 years of being here. Whatever terrible experiences I had were with other immigrant population (desi mostly).
Old September 27, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
When you are targeted and shot while your arms are up... what step can you take to protect your next generation from receiving same treatment? You try to come up with a solution. What happened in LA was for real. What happened in St. Louis was for real. Look at Arizona. Blatant violation of federal judge's order.
I kinda made an a$$ out of myself with that comment, it does not represent me, my thoughts or my upbringing, please ignore that.