facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

get houm now, put him instead of imrul kayes in the england series!

Old February 3, 2010, 11:36 PM
Banned

Damn this guys has a huge arm compared to BD average. He can probably hit the ball real good.
Old February 4, 2010, 12:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

btw i've nothing against grafters, just we want the grafters to also have the strokes to be able to score the runs and to also being to pick up the ball early and pick what type of ball they're facing. raqibul hasn't been able to execute at the test level, but that's why i'm asking what sort of talent farhad is, we don't want a player who only knows how to block and they need to be able to face quality bowling (which raqibul is struggling to do).
Old February 4, 2010, 12:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i'm all for trying new players when they've played enough and shown enough but with BD cricket that's not really enough, you have to gauge the talent as well. raqibul was averaging around 40/45 in FC cricket before entering the test team and look how he's performed, we've been shown that domestic dominance by itself is not enough in BD, you also have to have a look at the player and make sure the talent to survive in international cricket is there (that means being able to develop further and being able to turn into an all situations player).
Raqibul actually was not a bad find at all. In his initial period he did well to play within himself, now he is going through a period of struggle as he is trying to develop his strokeplay. His trouble is compounded as he has been found out against back of the length deliveries. Anyrate, I don't think Raqibul is someone to be written off so easily. But, while he should be kept in the loop to sort out his troubles with coaching staff, we need to explore other grafters that are raising their hands for a chance.
Old February 4, 2010, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Raqibul actually was not a bad find at all. In his initial period he did well to play within himself, now he is going through a period of struggle as he is trying to develop his strokeplay. His trouble is compounded as he has been found out against back of the length deliveries. Anyrate, I don't think Raqibul is someone to be written off so easily. But, while he should be kept in the loop to sort out his troubles with coaching staff, we need to explore other grafters that are raising their hands for a chance.
we should never write anyone off, most of the guys that get given a run in the national team are very young, would be silly to think they can't or won't get better, but like you say we should be exploring other players. stick to a core group but if someone puts their hand up and they can fill a spot in the national team that isn't being performed very well then yeah they could be given ago.

i agree that raqibul was a good find, i think he's helped the ODI team quite a bit, test team is a bit different but he's young.
Old February 4, 2010, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
it's a bit tough to compare the mental toughness of the previous generations and this one because the talent is clearly here for this generation whereas it wasn't there so much for the previous generation. previous generation may have been mentally tough but just didn't have the talent. i guess if you specifically take say ashraful then yearh they're mentally weaker but how many of the previous gen were anywhere close to ashraful sort of talent (very very few) and how many of this generation are (a decent amount have international quality talent now)?
Well the talent was always there, probably not as widespread as it is today. say, Al Shahariar, Mehrab Hossain, Hannan Sarker, Mushfiqur Rahman etc. But they never fulfilled their potentials. And one of the reasons why we were without any success for so long was probably the mental hardness of our players.
This may include players breaking up right before the match/ in a tense situation/facing a world class bowler[or Batsman]. Which may have disabled the players to perform at their best, despite their best being lower than the current lot's best.
being mentally strong will help the players to perform under tremendous pressure and more often, example : Nayeem islam, BD V ZIM 5th odi.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Damn this guys has a huge arm compared to BD average. He can probably hit the ball real good.
That comment is suspect. lol everytime i read that comment, it just doesnt seem right
Old February 4, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Three century and a fifty in four four innings... you cannot ignore that kind of performance regardless how weak our local league.

How often can our national players were able to repeat that? Zero.

That tells something about the significance of achievement in Bangladeshi cricket context..... what we are risking by giving him a chance during Eng series?

Naktor abar lozza ki? We are naked right now in top order that need to be addressed sooner than later.
It is too early to play him in England series. Let him finish the season first. The first century was his maiden one in FC cricket. He has just started shining, let him shine more. We have example of Shamsur Rahman, Mithun who shined for only one season and not showing enough consistency now.

Yes, we are already "Nangto", but replacing a nangto with another nangto does not make sense. Let Farhad play more in this level (FC, A-team, Academy) and show us that he is dressed up to replace a nangto. I say, wait for another season.
Old February 5, 2010, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432

Don't see what you mean. His arms don't look very big at all. Average really.
Old February 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Farhad Hossain is a very effective bowler like Naeem islam.He was one of the most successfull bowler when academy toured SA.But now a days he is not doing adequate bowling.I think he should not give up bowling.He has potential to become a good off spinner as well

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 5, 2010, 09:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

A player who got 3 consecutive centuries, I am sure, knows more than how to block. He knows how to get century after century- that's good enough for me. If his SR is low, then we can try him in the Test first.
Old February 5, 2010, 11:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

has anyone got the feeling that this guy is gonna replace ash ?
hit me back with what you think
Old February 5, 2010, 12:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

I have a strong feeling he is going to replace Ash this coming England Test series...if not the ODI...I really want him to be in the team and get the facilities of the national team and bring him to more light that he already doing with his hard work. Following him in the FC matches...amazing...simply....rajshahi scoring big almost because of him in every match...
Old February 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Come on Jimmy drops ashrafool and MAtir rok
Give a chance to these new players

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 5, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

no one not even in the west indies has not achieved this feat as yet ,if my memory serves me right,this guy could be the next tendulkar,my advice to him is persevere
Old February 5, 2010, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

i'm not gooing to get the feeling that ashrful is going to be dropped until he's actually been dropped, and even then i'll be expecting him to be brought back to the team soon.
Old February 5, 2010, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

good luck for him
Old February 8, 2010, 01:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Tora je jai bolish Bhai...
amar farhad Hossain Chai...
Old February 8, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

****ing siddons what asrafool have to do , to be dropped ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)