facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 10, 2017, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
In fairness to Asaad, I do wonder how many of our forum posters follow cricket seriously? As in they can tell you the difference between conventional and reverse swing or understand trigger movements in batting or the shoulder dip when driving or side spin/over spin and wrist attenuation and all that stuff? BTW I readily admit I'm not well versed in the nuances of fielding - I'm a crappy fielder
I cant comment much on those topics, but I'll stay out of it.

But we have guys who think they know how to captain a Test team because they've captained stick cricket.

Bowling Shafiul in Mirpur with 5 slips when Warner and Smith are on a 130 run paternship wont deliver a Test win. Your bowl your spinners on a dustbowl, duh!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 10, 2017, 02:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Isn't this topic spicy?

What kinda hell will break out once the news is confirmed and he is gone for good?

Get your act together BCB
Old September 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

Kohli and Shakib are not the same in their personal situation. I'd argue Shakib's domestic situation is more settled (and thus demands more of his attention and time). Kohli can spend 5 days a week at the gym and nets and there won't be any little one going "I miss you papa". You can debate the rightness or wrongness of marrying and starting a family vs focusing only on career but the reality remains that Shakib has other fish to fry.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Kohli and Shakib are not the same in their personal situation. I'd argue Shakib's domestic situation is more settled (and thus demands more of his attention and time). Kohli can spend 5 days a week at the gym and nets and there won't be any little one going "I miss you papa". You can debate the rightness or wrongness of marrying and starting a family vs focusing only on career but the reality remains that Shakib has other fish to fry.
What do the following have in common?

Kobe Bryant
Stephen Curry
Eden Hazard
Lionel Messi
Sachin Tendulkar
Wayne Rooney

Yes, you guessed it right . Some Married as young as 20 and they all took rest every six months/year in their career to remain 'fresh' for the long term.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
What do the following have in common?

Kobe Bryant
Stephen Curry
Eden Hazard
Lionel Messi
Sachin Tendulkar
Wayne Rooney

Yes, you guessed it right . Some Married as young as 20 and they all took rest every six months/year in their career to remain 'fresh' for the long term.
Good one bro.

Its a little blatant to me. His either afraid to go SA or his got his head around T20!
Either one of these two.

Can't be fatigue when BD hardly plays too much test cricket.
+ It's Shakib himself that decides to take part in T20 tournaments around the world.
BCB don't force him to do that, and he feels fatigued playing test cricket?

Also, as soon as we get rid of Mushfiqur, the better!
man that guy kills players off!!! really man!!!
Old September 10, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

I would have loved seeing Shakib in South Africa.
This was his chance to show the world he could perform against the big boys!

Also would have eradicated a lot of doubts about his no.1 rank (some claiming can't perform overseas)
But he decides to take a 6 months break. I feel like he could have waited after SA series.

Anyway, I just find that its a cheap move from him. Especially as he mentioned fatigue.. I just hope he doesn't enter some T20 league... because if he does.. that's not fatigue brothers...
Old September 10, 2017, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

Also would have eradicated a lot of doubts about his no.1 rank (some claiming can't perform overseas)
Shakib has two fifers against SA in SA. He does not have anything new to prove here. Idiots will keep saying idiotic stuff. Thank God Shakib has a thick enough skin not to be bothered by them.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Shakib has a fifer against SA in SA. He does not have anything new to prove here. Idiots will keep saying idiotic stuff. Thank God Shakib has a thick enough skin not to be bothered by them.
He struggled with his batting that time, his bowling has always been top class.
Old September 10, 2017, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

But he decides to take a 6 months break. I feel like he could have waited after SA series.

Anyway, I just find that its a cheap move from him. Especially as he mentioned fatigue.. I just hope he doesn't enter some T20 league... because if he does.. that's not fatigue brothers...

Shakib would've been taken to the cleaners by the saffers if he had decided to play that series.

The only reason shakib has somewhat respectable bowling figure in test is because of the fact that he has played only 7,yes only 7 tests outside home in last 5 years.

In last 5/6 years most of the time he bowled on underprepared wickets of mirpur and ctg which greatly inflated his stats. He won't be missed as a bowler in south africa.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Shakib would've been taken to the cleaners by the saffers if he had decided to play that series.

The only reason shakib has somewhat respectable bowling figure in test is because of the fact that he has played only 7,yes only 7 tests outside home in last 5 years.

In last 5/6 years most of the time he bowled on underprepared wickets of mirpur and ctg which greatly inflated his stats. He won't be missed as a bowler in south africa.
This guy is a beast when it comes to bowling, I have no doubt about that.

It's his batting that would have been really tested.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

His figures are better away than at home, same cannot be said of lesser spinners like ashwin and Jadeja

Old September 10, 2017, 09:39 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

do you know what happened the last time he bowled in a test in SA? get your facts right before you utter garbage
Old September 11, 2017, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
do you know what happened the last time he bowled in a test in SA? get your facts right before you utter garbage
Yes, of course. A cricket enthusiast and a die hard Bangladeshi fan like me is expected to such small details.

Who can forget those humiliating innings defeat.
Old September 11, 2017, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Yes, of course. A cricket enthusiast and a die hard Bangladeshi fan like me is expected to such small details.

Not to mention, that was when Shakib was at his prime, who knows how he performs, in the highways of SA.
Old September 11, 2017, 06:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

lol what a "du mukhi" comment, if you are a Bangladesh fan you will remember details which mattered. Shakib at that series took back to back 5wk halls, in an era where 5wk halls were a rare thing for us , it was a big deal. specially against SA in SA.

we were taking about how rubbish shakib was and how we dont need him in the team for SA tour right? how BD's innings defeat came into picture?

tsk tsk you are losing your troll charisma, pick up your game.

although I suggest not to pick up that much, we do have a rule against too much trolling
Old September 10, 2017, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

To me, it's plain and simple - Shakib knows very well he will be exhausting himself in those two Test matches for losing causes. Rest of the team is not up to the scratch to mount any challenge against SA in SA, BD will most likely lose both matches by innings.

After 10 years, being thrashed in this manner over and over is no fun anymore.

I would still say Mushfiq did his part to demoralize the team. In the last match, when our batting was in tatters, when it was painfully clear that we needed our best right handed batsman to stop the carnage by Lyon, our captain refused to step up. How can you still remain loyal to this coward?!
Old September 10, 2017, 03:37 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, ABD also took a break from Test cricket, for a much longer time. His teammates said they will gladly welcome him back whenever he is ready to return.

WI team still want Gayle back in the Test team.

I guess those boards lack backbone too?!

Typical Bangladeshi fans, have to go over the top with their reactions on everything
Old September 10, 2017, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
BTW, ABD also took a break from Test cricket, for a much longer time. His teammates said they will gladly welcome him back whenever he is ready to return.

WI team still want Gayle back in the Test team.

I guess those boards lack backbone too?!

Typical Bangladeshi fans, have to go over the top with their reactions on everything
Did AB take a break as a 'protest' against coaching and captaincy as you are suggesting?

That is the 'thought process' I am talking about and the justification from people like you is what I find shocking.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Did AB take a break as a 'protest' against coaching and captaincy as you are suggesting?
Did Shakib?

Old September 10, 2017, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Did Shakib?
That's what some people are suggesting and then justifying such actions.
Old September 10, 2017, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That's what some people are suggesting and then justifying such actions.
Which experts are saying this, and with what source or basis

And are they justifying it, or using it to bash mushfiqs captaincy more?

Even if they are, they probably enjoy coming up with bs

But you complain about conspiracy theories, yet you're the main one running with a conspiracy theory

Given his work load past 10 years and his general more positive mood of late, you really think it's Shakib being upset that has led him to the break

Maybe it has, who knows, but right now you have no basis to go off of it

Old September 10, 2017, 04:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Did Shakib?
Fact remains the same. Shakib has decided to retire from test cricket for six months WITHOUT any apparent reason.

For the first time in the history of Bangladesh Cricket we've got the chance to play some back to back test serieses in alien conditions against some top class teams.

First it was against NZ, then ind, then SL, then against Aus and now we r going to play against SA in SA.

It's the best time for our players to hone their skills and get themselves accustomed to different playing condition. But what r we seeing? Yes, we r seeing that one of the key players of our team has decided to retire from test just before the important SA tour. It's just pathetic.
Old September 10, 2017, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Fact remains the same. Shakib has decided to retire from test cricket for six months WITHOUT any apparent reason.

For the first time in the history of Bangladesh Cricket we've got the chance to play some back to back test serieses in alien conditions against some top class teams.

First it was against NZ, then ind, then SL, then against Aus and now we r going to play against SA in SA.

It's the best time for our players to hone their skills and get themselves accustomed to different playing condition. But what r we seeing? Yes, we r seeing that one of the key players of our team has decided to retire from test just before the important SA tour.
Luckily he doesn't have to prove anything on those conditions, unlike home track bullies like ashwin and Jadeja

Old September 10, 2017, 06:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:

It's the best time for our players to hone their skills and get themselves accustomed to different playing condition. But what r we seeing? Yes, we r seeing that one of the key players of our team has decided to retire from test just before the important SA tour. It's just pathetic.

Agree how pathetic it is.
Shakib should stop playing IPL and BBL. Save his energy for Test. Plenty of time to play IPL and BBL when you're retired from intl cricket.
Old September 10, 2017, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

That is the 'thought process' I am talking about and the justification from people like you is what I find shocking.
Why do think it's a protest?

It can be genuinely exhausting from him to deal with such incompetent team management and continue to carry the team on his back. He is not walking away from the team for good, just requested break for two series (which is now reduced to one series only).

After all, this is only a game, not life and death. No need for him to burn himself out. If if he exhausted for whatever reason, he is entitled to a break.