facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

I keep thinking about how Christmas is so close by. Schools are due to close soon. Surely these kids were excited about presents and Santa. Now the parents are left with closet-full of presents with no one to give them to. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Old December 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

and as for gun control:
Gun Sales In 2012 Set Record, FBI Data Indicates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2303513.html
Old December 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
and as for gun control:
Gun Sales In 2012 Set Record, FBI Data Indicates

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2303513.html
Reaction to Obama's 2nd term. The gung-ho conservatives are stashing up their arsenal to fight off the big bad wolf that is the liberal Obama government.
Old December 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

you have got to be kidding me...

Quote:
China stabbing spree hurts 22 schoolchildren
Knife-wielding man also attacked elderly woman in central Henan province
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ck-school.html
Old December 14, 2012, 10:12 PM

Dont know how to express my feelings but sckening to say the least, those who have kids like me can easily imagine how unbearable it could be for those parents. May God help them to recover from such cruelty.
Old December 14, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Shaad bhai (btw where is he?) introduced me to Quora. And here are some thoughtful questions being discussed:

http://www.quora.com/Sandy-Hook-Scho...ting-Dec-2012#

And as far as the shooter...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1220752
Old December 15, 2012, 12:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem

I wonder if he feels that way before/after he orders drone strikes with high probabilities of collateral damage that often includes school children.
Or lets imagine that in the UAE or Waziristan 20 kids and 6 adults died at a wedding when some morons fired some rifles in celebration. CNN and BC would be full of people decrying ancient and barbaric rituals. But naturalized BC auntie is all praise for the progressive and timeless 2nd amendment!

Anyone notice that the EU, Canada, Australia, Japan, and other highly industrialized and "free" countries don't have the same gun violence per capita that we do?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
If a gunman massacred that many children in Bangladesh (God forbid), it will have a public outcry as well. I don't know what you're talking about here - really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
What are you talking about bhai? Care to explain? Any unnatural death is a tragedy but going into a kindergarten and killing CHILDREN is just malicious. Nothing can beat that.
Any unnatural death is a tragedy but any unnatural death happening day after day because of the same cause is not death anymore, it becomes murder for everyone who had slightest ability to change the situation.

Let's analyse today's paper:

1. Top terrror Bikash freed on bail, new polarization in Underworld (really!)
2. The Ex-Director of Animal Resource Department ran over and dies under a bus in capital.
3. Youth captured by BSF in Kurigram border still missing.
4. A ransacker is lynched by mob at Tongi.
5. Today's total count of road accidents : 15 dead, 30 hurt
6. A businessman of Rupganj murdered in Brahmanbaria
7. Village fight hospitalized 90 in Sunamganj and Habiganj
8. Wife killed by a jab from her husband in Keraniganj
9. The Pirojpur UP Chairman murdered with sharp weapons

Yes I feel the pain. But I am getting conditioned. I can still here skullls breaking up at the scorching heat of Tajrin or the scream of the kids when their truck plunged at Mirsorai.

Living with Bangladesh keeps you conditioned in misery.
Old December 15, 2012, 02:35 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

This incident really shook my faith. It made me question why would god help me when those kids couldn't be helped
Old December 15, 2012, 03:05 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Shocking news. From last week horrifying news all over the news paper. Bishyajit killing, china stabbing and now this. Humanity is really dead!
Old December 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Feel bad for the dead children.... It's getting too repetitive, like monsoon flood in BD. And I agree with one world... Living in BD does condition you to accept such incidents with relative ease.... If you get worried by the unnatural deaths around you, living in BD, you will need psychic treatment....sooner than later.

But never the less, death is a death, and it hurts every human soul....May their souls rest in peace.
Old December 15, 2012, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

My heartfelt condolences go on to the victimized families. May Allah Subhanahu Wa T'ala grant all these children Heaven.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Was waiting for something like this :

Old December 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

May Allah bless these children and the teachers/adults murdered victims' souls etarnal peace. Just a few days before Christmas, for these children it meant everything and they must have been so looking forward to the holidays.

The scumbag Lanza was wearing a bullet-proof vest and was loaded with 2 handguns ( a Sig Sauer and a Glock semi-automatic(a lot of the US cities police dept.s standard issue/used by)) and a rifle, I believe one of the pistols was registered to his mother's name!! I believe he also shot his father or another male/relative at his house before going out to the school where his mother worked, looked for her to kill, and did his final massacre of the completely unrelated to him, innocnet little students. This coward was a calculative, cunning person and he planned it well and prepared himself well. The guns were bought legally. He killed his mother first who was a teacher's aid there. The principal of the elementery school Dawn Hochsprung was was one the 6 adults the murderer killed. Our office did schematic proposal for her school for their new cafeteria expansion, then their budget/fund raise came short and the project was put on hold and our office bailed out of further executing the project to design development level. We have people in the office who remember her very well and she was a very likable and kind person, she genuinely cared about educating and shaping/forming and protecting the young ones of the human society. The schools psychologist was one of the six adults shot and killed when she was trying to lay on other children to cover them from his onslought and he sprayed her back with bullets.

My office and is in Litchfield county and that's what we are known for, working for the private schools of the New England area. My wife and I paritally moved to New Haven (Yale campus) just a couple of months ago.

Last edited by bujhee kom; December 15, 2012 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes fixed.
Old December 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
My heartfelt condolences go on to the victimized families. May Allah Subhanahu Wa T'ala grant all these children Heaven.
Ameen The only thought that calms me down...
Old December 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Ameen The only thought that calms me down...
You are satisfied by too little of an intangible. It is time to take out the 2nd Amendment. An outdated antiquated amendment that serves no purpose any more. Other than this. When was the last time you heard someone using a gun in self defense? Private citizens I mean. In an electronic age where twitter can pass information around the world - electronic security can be super efficient.
Old December 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

^^zsayeed, people own guns to go for animal hunting. other than that, I do not see any possible usage ... Perhaps the American government could make some arrangements such that nobody will own a gun except to go hunting, you rent a gun and you have to give it back to the rental place after you are done. if you do not return it on time, you will have to pay a fine per day.

with That being said, I haven't come across too many people(at least in the Bangladeshi community in US) that owns guns.

another thought that comes to mind, how America was really established in the first place? They did manage to kill many native Americans in the process of settling here, something that not too many people or even the books of history talk about i suppose....
Old December 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
^^zsayeed, people own guns to go for animal hunting. other than that, I do not see any possible usage ... Perhaps the American government could make some arrangements such that nobody will own a gun except to go hunting, you rent a gun and you have to give it back to the rental place after you are done. if you do not return it on time, you will have to pay a fine per day.

with That being said, I haven't come across too many people(at least in the Bangladeshi community in US) that owns guns.

another thought that comes to mind, how America was really established in the first place? They did manage to kill many native Americans in the process of settling here, something that not too many people or even the books of history talk about i suppose....
Yes but don't need an automatic or a semi automatic to hunt animals. And not a hand-gun. I used to go hunting with my uncle's in Bangladesh.

Yes, that is why I laugh a litlle sarcastically in myself every time I hear the words "land of the brave' - when the Native Braves were slaughtered by the white people. How lamentful.

Anyway, I was too harsh - jannat for the kids is good and your peace is good - because it gives you peace and who am I to stand between you and your happiness; but I also believe that the earth is the place to make your mark. And for earth - we need to make it a better place for the generations to come. My teacher used to say the Qur'an is for the living. That is a deep statement - he was speaking of the reading of the Quran after someone passes - the main thing is that the living people behind hear the words. The person departed has his own journey.
Old December 16, 2012, 12:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

They've released the identity of the victims. The further along I'm getting in reading this list, the more shattered I'm feeling inside. Unreal, simply unreal.

Quote:
Names and ages of the Newton shooting victims:
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto,27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Source: Connecticut State Police
Old December 16, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What's more worse that these parents can't even ask for justice.
Old December 16, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
This incident really shook my faith. It made me question why would god help me when those kids couldn't be helped
Sad, angry and then sinking in slowly.

Our God do not associate with anything bad. ANYTHING. It is our wrong doings that bad things happens. Even the wrath of our God is because of our wrong doings. Challenging His supremacy.

Calamities, losses are tests. A test for those who are directly and indirectly affected. Those who remain patience and faithful are rewarded with better.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. "We Belong to you and we WILL return to you." Those Children belonged to our Lord, our Creator. They were just a gift to their parents. The kids are back to where they belong.

We all should read/understand the Quran. That will increase our faith to over come these calamities.
Old December 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

My heart goes out to those who lost close ones in this heart wrenching event. May the innocent victims RIP.

On a separate note, it's so ironic that the media refuses to term this massacre as an act of terrorism just because the killer doesn't come from a specific background!
Old December 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I can't even begin to imagine what's going through these parents head. This hit really close to my house. I live roughly an hour away from there. Who's to say my brother's school won't be next. Even after all this they won't come up with tighter gun control laws. Matter of fact Americans are stacking up on guns like never before, since Obama got elected back in 2008 Gun stocks have been going up and up. I doubt we will see any change in gun control policy. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm afraid you couldn't be more right. I don't see the 2nd amendment being dropped anytime soon, infact not in our lifetime.

As Rifat mentioned, America was built on the foundation of citizens having the right to bear arms. These guns were used not only to kill native Americans left and right, but also to fight against their rulers from whom they sought freedom.

They say guns are as american as apple pies. They're so integral to the fabric of the society, I read in a recent article, there's an estimated 270 million guns owned by civilians in this country of 312 million.The National Rifles Association (NRA) is one of the most powerful lobbyist groups in the country and they keep growing in stature and power. During the 2010 congressional elections, 80% of the candidates backed by NRA were elected to congress.

This is all part of politics and considered the necessary evil that almost no politician can survive without. Since we live in a democracy, not an autocracy or monarchy, what other easy way to legitimize supporting a nation like israel or going into war couple times every decade? One is to have a decent portion of the population possessing guns and having a belligerent attitude, so they can be easily brainwashed into believing their stories.
Old December 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Newtown's making headline again today. I really hope someone wasn't trying to pull a sick prank. What is wrong with people.

Quote:
NEWTOWN, Conn. – A mass in Newtown, Conn., was temporarily evacuated Sunday after a caller "threatened to kill people in the church," according to a church spokesman.
Brian Wallace, a spokesman for the St. Rose of Lima Church, said someone called and threatened to disrupt mass.
When asked by FoxNews.com about reports that the caller said "I'm coming to kill, I'm coming to kill," Wallace said it was threats of that nature.
Read the rest here: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...205211436.html
Old December 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The Qur'an teaches us that killing a single innocent person is akin to killing the whole world. So when an innocent person dies, something dies in each and every one of us as a fellow human being, and the grief we experience as the consequence is difficult to bear without sharing our hearts with the survivors and families of the victims.

When the innocent happen to be little children, the ultimate proof of GOD's grace in my opinion, we also begin to lose a hope only faith can restore.

My heartfelt love and prayers to the survivors and families of victims in Connecticut and everywhere else. May GOD rest those souls in peace and grant them paradise, and grace their families with the courage to survive this profound loss.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 17, 2012 at 03:23 AM..