facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

I wouldn't blame Shamsur! It's T20 so you have to attack and he did. He connected the ball well but because he was nervous that's why he didn't get distance.
Hope he will get one more chance. He will be better T20 batsman than Tamim.

Old March 29, 2014, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinan
I wouldn't blame Shamsur! It's T20 so you have to attack and he did. He connected the ball well but because he was nervous that's why he didn't get distance.
Hope he will get one more chance. He will be better T20 batsman than Tamim.
If you're nervous shouldn't you try to slog as hard as you can just to be safe. Why would you connect and not hit it hard? Don't get it. Did he eat enough before coming out to play? Still better than Tamim though I agree.

Top order needs to be Shamsur, Anamul, Mominul, and Sabbir. Followed by everyone else.
Old March 30, 2014, 02:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Not a blind fan. I still have confidence in El Kopa Shamsu to delivery the goods more often than Tamim at T20 format for sure!
Old March 30, 2014, 03:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Both shamsur and tamim are rubbish. When tamim plays crap the shamsu supporters demand his replacement and vice versa the next game.
Old March 30, 2014, 04:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Not a blind fan. I still have confidence in El Kopa Shamsu to delivery the goods more often than Tamim at T20 format for sure!
Not only t20 but all the format.
Old April 7, 2014, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Both shamsur and tamim are rubbish. When tamim plays crap the shamsu supporters demand his replacement and vice versa the next game.
Shamsu is aggressive but wont survive in Aus/NZ Pitches. But Tamim will, if he can get back to his own form.
Old April 7, 2014, 02:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shamsur is one of the most talented batsmen BD have, certainly more talented than the likes of jahurul, siddique, imrul etc. he's barely played any international matches and we are already saying he will undoubtedly fail, how about we give him a few matches to find his feet at international level first, then see what he's got before saying he's got no chance.
Old April 7, 2014, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Shamsur is a hack but I hope he gets better. He has the hunger to score runs unlike Tamim who is happy with a 50(he isn't even scoring 50s these days)
Old April 7, 2014, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shamsur is one of the most talented batsmen BD have, certainly more talented than the likes of jahurul, siddique, imrul etc. he's barely played any international matches and we are already saying he will undoubtedly fail, how about we give him a few matches to find his feet at international level first, then see what he's got before saying he's got no chance.
WI tour will test his skill sets and mental stability. I am interested to see his performance there.
Old April 7, 2014, 03:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
WI tour will test his skill sets and mental stability. I am interested to see his performance there.
if he gets to play, they don't want to drop tamim so he's in and anamul should be in for the shorter format matches and mominul will probably be picked ahead of shamsur as well, are we playing some tests? he might get a chance there but with these selectors they might drop him for anamul after anamul's recent run.
Old April 7, 2014, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

What's wrong with Samsur batting at number 3. We all know that they won't drop Tamim even when he is going through a purple patch (which is like almost 2/4 times of the year) and Anamul deserves to open. # 3 has always been the problem so let him bat there. Shakib can come down the order for those big hitting and then Nasir. Riad is no longer a batsmen.
Old November 7, 2014, 01:07 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He looked atrocious. Not just his batting, even when he was fielding, his body language was very alarming.

It was great decision to drop him. I'm pretty sure he won't make the ODI squad (he already lost it to Bijoy) ahead of TIk/Bijoy and Kayes now for the opening spot. And god knows when he will be back again in whites...
Old November 7, 2014, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Technically he seems to be ok, especially if you compare him with Imrul or Anam. It's his lack of focus (or frequent lapse of it) holding him back.
Old November 7, 2014, 05:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Technically he seems to be ok, especially if you compare him with Imrul or Anam. It's his lack of focus (or frequent lapse of it) holding him back.
Focus and temperamen i think play a big part with shamsur, when playing well his technique and footwork seem very good but when he doesn't score runs he pushes at the ball, doesn't time it, doesn't get behind it and doesn't wait for the ball and because of that he does lose technique, but when the technique is lost its because he isn't focused mentally. The commentators pointed some things out like his head not being over the bat and the ball, when he's playing well it is but the problem is he has off days more than good days, needs to work hard on his concentration and patience.
Old November 7, 2014, 08:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Shamsur is the new Nzimuddin. Raight, Sohel da?
Old November 7, 2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

VUa, ar ki ?
Old November 9, 2014, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

To me Shamsur is a good batsman in our standard. His reflex is good. He has improved his footwork. He is a natural attacking batsman. But in this series he has changed his playing style a bit. He played like a grafter. Probably team management don't want two hard hitter in test opening. So he is in new role.Its not easy to cope with new role. He is a talented batsman, I hope he will come back strong.
Old November 9, 2014, 05:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
To me Shamsur is a good batsman in our standard. His reflex is good. He has improved his footwork. He is a natural attacking batsman. But in this series he has changed his playing style a bit. He played like a grafter. Probably team management don't want two hard hitter in test opening. So he is in new role.Its not easy to cope with new role. He is a talented batsman, I hope he will come back strong.
He needs to relax and just play the ball on its merit, he has pretty good footwork, pretty good technique, all the different gears, can get 1s and 2s, can hit boundaries and he can change his gear when he wants. he's done all that, but he's not relaxed or confident enough in his abilities, kind of like mominul in the shorter formats, he needs to find a way to deal with the pressure, if he can then he'll be a very good batsman for BD.

Really should have got the 3rd test though imo, imrul is no better, has a lower ceiling and has had more chances. I know it's zim and he should have scored but some players take longer than others to adjust to this level, he hit a ton very early in his test career, it took imrul quite a few innings to get a ton so not sure why he's being preferred to shamsur especially in a dead rubber test match against Zimbabwe.
Old November 9, 2014, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
He needs to relax and just play the ball on its merit, he has pretty good footwork, pretty good technique, all the different gears, can get 1s and 2s, can hit boundaries and he can change his gear when he wants. he's done all that, but he's not relaxed or confident enough in his abilities, kind of like mominul in the shorter formats, he needs to find a way to deal with the pressure, if he can then he'll be a very good batsman for BD.

Really should have got the 3rd test though imo, imrul is no better, has a lower ceiling and has had more chances. I know it's zim and he should have scored but some players take longer than others to adjust to this level, he hit a ton very early in his test career, it took imrul quite a few innings to get a ton so not sure why he's being preferred to shamsur especially in a dead rubber test match against Zimbabwe.
Agreed with most of your points. This guy is improving day by day. May be you are right, he has some issues about confidence like Riyad. One thing I do differ with you is about gear. Though I did not watch shamsur much but it looked he is a natural striker of the ball and he has some problem in his 1st gear. Good at 1st gear and ball selection is must to do good in test cricket.
Old November 9, 2014, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Agreed with most of your points. This guy is improving day by day. May be you are right, he has some issues about confidence like Riyad. One thing I do differ with you is about gear. Though I did not watch shamsur much but it looked he is a natural striker of the ball and he has some problem in his 1st gear. Good at 1st gear and ball selection is must to do good in test cricket.
He's played innings where he's gone between gears depending on different situations in the match so he is capable of it but he doesn't do it very often which leads me to believe a temperament thing, a bit like tamim, has the ability to change gears but struggles to do it well regularly. It then means there is confusion and lack of commitment in his play which results in getting caught in two minds and that gets him out which dents confidence.
Old November 9, 2014, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Shamsu was never a test batsman and don't think he ll be. In overseas pitches he ll be exposed very badly. He failed in WI tour.

However, he is good t20 batsman. May be he ll do well in odi.

in conclusion bd has better batsman who can fit in test. We don't need two aggressors in the opening slot. Imrul, Shadman, Liton, Nafis or even nayeem should be considered.
Old November 9, 2014, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shamsu was never a test batsman and don't think he ll be. In overseas pitches he ll be exposed very badly. He failed in WI tour.

in conclusion bd has better batsman who can fit in test. We don't need two aggressors in the opening slot. Imrul, Shadman, Liton, Nafis or even nayeem should be considered.
Talent wise Imrul and Nafis is no where near Shamsur. I have not seen Liton or Sad man so can't comment about them. What I know about this two is both are teenager. If Shamsur can match with the temperament necessary for test cricket, and build up necessary confidence he will be a good batsman
Old November 9, 2014, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Even jahurul, but if naeem is being considered to open then so should someone like rajin saleh, I don't think naeems technique will hold up long term as test opener(may work in the middle order), he also scores very slowly, basically rajin saleh but with poorer technique and footwork, though he probably has a few more shots than rajin does.

I think shamsur, liton, shadman and possibly soumya should be the main focus as openers, anamul if he improves his footwork will come back into it and asif ahmed being an outside chance though I don't think he opens that often anymore.
Old November 9, 2014, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The guy has potential but he need to improve is technique against the swinging ball.
Old November 9, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I don't really have much hope on Shamsur anymore. Shamsur's not a new kid on the block. He's been playing for years now in Bangladesh's domestic scene and even there he's inconsistent. Obviously you look at him and think why is his averages so low? You watch him and then you realize why he hasn't lived up to expectations. His technique is good enough for success but not his temperament and after all these matches, I don't see him changing unfortunately.