facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 24, 2004, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

One thing I found out reading all these posts that "Spitfire_x86" is the only person who is blaming the BD management for the negativity. But I haven't found another person (besides our Indian frds) who supports him. What does that tell you "Spitfire_x86"?

I somewhat agree with you tho that negetivity plan will not take us anywhere but then what has BD done last 15 ODIs that they will not think that way? In last 15 ODIs they cud pass 200 only 2 times and one of them was against HK. So whatever their game plan was, it was exactly right. I wud love to see them win every match but i am being more realistic. Hopefully they play better in the 2nd game and almost win the 3rd one (like last ball win for India). Because that will help us to win the series against ZIM which is MORE IMPORTANT than anything else at the moment.

Old December 24, 2004, 01:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
9 out of 52 is not bad for us in a practice match. But I thought this was a real match, and we were chasing 246 for real.

3 months ago, nobody would beleive that Nafees can score 9 out of 52 deliveries. But he did! Credit goes to out team management!! I undestand he was guided to play defensively because they've sent Rafique to score fast, but when Rafique was gone he should've took the charge of attacking...especially when the target is 245, not 145. Making somebody play totally against his natural style is very bad. Nafees is a talented inexperienced player, team management should focus on improving his natural game, instead of telling him to play 180 degree reverse of his natural game.
If you have followed cricket, you would have known that 245 was not that big a score. With Bangladesh's strength in the lower order batting, the best thing Bangladesh can do is to keep wicket in the early overs. I did not necessarily support Nafis's slow innings rather I said under current situation it is better than loosing 4 early wickets. If you have seen the game you would have known that Bangladesh still had a chance when Aftab and Bashar was batting. If Nafees is talent then Nafees will succeed and he will know with experience what to do under different conditions.
Old December 24, 2004, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist
Everyone will be happy when Bangladesh will reach a level to have 50% chance of winning every game. But that does not come out of the blue. Who said Bangladesh management ruled out the possiblility of a win? They were saying that their target was improvement in individual performances. And most of us agree to that. If we see our recent performances, this match was an improvement. We would like to see this trend to continue. And our current management is far better than what we used to have. Whatmore brought SL the WC. So he knows what it takes to become a winner. Anyone who expects an overnight improvement is unrealistic and does not know what cricket culture is.
When Whatmore took charge of SL, they were in far far better shape than our team. This isn't a very realistic comparison.

The meaning of your post is that most people support the 2 tier system in their unconscious mind. The two tier system says "no need to play against highest level opponent to improve the skills, do it completely by playing domestic matches, play some international cricket with minnows and have fun winning some of those matches."

I don't want 2 tier system, I want Bangladesh to prove that 2 tier system is not necessary.
Old December 24, 2004, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
Nobody has doubts about Rafiques capability or dedication. In fact, I didn't really complain about our players, my dissatisfaction was about our gameplan.
Good to know that Rafiq did not surprise you! But he never stops surprising me. I would agree that I did not think he is as good a one day bowler as Harbajan! My apology to Rafiq.
Old December 24, 2004, 01:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
ARE INDIA REALLY NOT AS GOOD AS THEY WERE BEFORE?

They don't seem like. Not by the account that they gave of themselves yesterday.
What took you so long? Inida's recent performances has lot of its "super journalists" fuming for blood! What did they do in recent one day matches? I'm surprised you had to see yesterday's performance to to understand their nose dive!! Were not they on the receiving end in the four recent one-day matches against Pakistan?
Old December 24, 2004, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist
When Whatmore took charge of SL, they were in far far better shape than our team. This isn't a very realistic comparison.
Who is comparing the two teams? I was just pointing to Whatmore's credentials. In case you don't know, he is part of our management. And we are infinitely lucky!!

Quote:
The meaning of your post is that most people support the 2 tier system in their unconscious mind. The two tier system says "no need to play against highest level opponent to improve the skills, do it completely by playing domestic matches, play some international cricket with minnows and have fun winning some of those matches."

I don't want 2 tier system, I want Bangladesh to prove that 2 tier system is not necessary.
The thing that you can only extract the above from my posts made me feel like "oh GOD to whom am I talking to"!!
Old December 24, 2004, 02:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Spitfire_x86 ... U really shud giv up now on everything regarding bd cricket.. u r just too frustrated for some reason (I'm totally out of clue what it can be)

Listen to urself.. u sound so pathetic.. and u r already fighting against eveyone!!

Its just a game.. and just one match!!.. take it easy pal !! Leave the 'Gameplanning' part to the professionals.. its not ur job.. neither do u hav the smallest clue to it yet.

The only thing that will satisfy you is a DASHING & SMASHING WIN maybe.. and u may hav to wait 15 more years for that.. by then u urself will be age-30/32 maybe.. n u will be happy!!

till then.. I don see any hope for u having even the smallest peace of mind!!
Unless u open ur eyes!!
Old December 24, 2004, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

No coach has handled the similar situatation, not even Whatmore. His previous experience with Srilanka has some similarity, but he himself knows that it's not the same job. And FYI, under coatching of Sarwar Imran, Bangaldesh was able to score 200+ in the last match against South Africa in TVS Cup, right after having a disastrous World Cup and terrible first match in the same series. It's not the best thing that we can get from Whatmore.

And sorry for the irrevelant last part of my previous post, but was it really very wrong?
Old December 24, 2004, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
till then.. I don see any hope for u having even the smallest peace of mind!!
Unless u open ur eyes!!
Everything's fine with me, guess I had just too much free time in this weekend
Old December 24, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Did BD field their best side in the last ODI??

No.1 bowler Mashrafi was rested

Best no.6 batsman in my mind Alok wasn't available due to injury. Rajin only played because Alok wasn't available. His higher strike rate ( though meager ave ) equates to runs added in lesser balls used, unlike Rajin's.

And offcourse Razzak Raj was excluded from the squad after his terrific Asia Cup.
Old December 24, 2004, 09:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

word
Old December 24, 2004, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

bhaijaner mathai maal uthsey...

pani dhalen beshi koira...

and indiar jatiyo songit bajaye boya boya kanden...
Old December 24, 2004, 11:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

sf bhai ei somporkey ar kono comments suntey chai na..plzz
Old December 25, 2004, 01:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well,I was hard on Spitfire also. But then I came to know that he is only 18. He is full of enegry and youth. Now I understand his agony. Brother, I am not being rude to you. Take it easy. As you move ahead in life, you will realize and experience in first-hand that success does not come easily. May be BD players are just as impatient as you. Give them and yourself a break. Life is over rated. Take it as it comes and future will be yours.

Edited on, December 25, 2004, 6:18 AM GMT, by sunniath.
Old December 25, 2004, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Watching and listeing to ESPN/CricInfo I found how biased these people are. It is sickening sometimes. When BD players hitting great shots, wrongly given OUT Gavaskar remained quite, talking about golf/hockey. But no, when it comes to Indians, he will go on and on and on. One pathetic biased Gavaskar with his rubbish comments! He discovered all the negativity about BD players. What happened to all those trick, Gavaskar, when you used to hit ducks after ducks against Imran Khan, and taking 50 ballas to score 5 ODI runs? Since you know so much, why dont you go HOME and teach your own SON ........ some cricket so Gavaskar Jr can obtain a place in TEAM INDIA? Then you run out of your magic comments, dont you? One big mouth, just good for nothing!

But yes when you think it is all an act to get the ESPN/CRICINFO sales going and keep the Indians happy, then it make sense.

I think we should forget about this bunch of "keeping my job" losers and concentrate on doing well. Sooner or later we will do well and shut these losers mouth forever!
Old December 25, 2004, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

After 47 overs: Ind 205/7, BD 196/7

Hitting slog overs (40 runs) for Indians: Outstanding slog batting, Indians showed how to bat in the slogs.
Hitting slog overs (38 runs) for Bangladesh: Blind slogging!

Great going Gavaskar and Company!
Saurav/Sachin/Yuvraj/Dravid/Kaif/Sriram+Dhoni (Best prospect in hand claimed by coaches)/Agarkar/Pathan/Joginder/Harvajan IS A SECOND TIER DEPLETED INDIAN TEAM! Anand Basu you just boomeranged and humiliated your own team. .oops:.oops:

Please stop playing this SECOND TEAM against Pakistan/Australia and bring your REAL team in front, so that you can become WORLD CHAMP and do yourself a favor. Take the World Cup and put it in your pocket with your REAL FIRST TEAM!!! But I wonder where they are hiding!! Huh?

Edited on, December 25, 2004, 2:30 PM GMT, by reyme.
Old December 25, 2004, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

When BD players hitting great shots, wrongly given OUT Gavaskar remained quite, talking about golf/hockey.

Which BD player was hitting great shots and was given wrongly ot and Gavaskar remained quite? In fact, Mushfiqur Rahman was the only wrong decision from BD side and commentators duly criticised it as a poor umpiring, even though BD fans on the board, all of them, actually heaved a sigh of relief that he was out.

But no, when it comes to Indians, he will go on and on and on. One pathetic biased Gavaskar with his rubbish comments!

What game were you watching? Or did you watch at all, cos i haven't seen Gavaskar going on and on about bad decision against the Indian batsman.

What happened to all those trick, Gavaskar, when you used to hit ducks after ducks against Imran Khan, and taking 50 ballas to score 5 ODI runs?

Ducks after ducks? When did that happen?

Since you know so much, why dont you go HOME and teach your own SON ........ some cricket so Gavaskar Jr can obtain a place in TEAM INDIA?

His own son HAS made it to the Indian team and is still on the fringe. And yes, he is a very gifted and talented cricketer. So Gavaskar has taught him well.

Then you run out of your magic comments, dont you? One big mouth, just good for nothing!

He has done enough to have a big mouth, if he wants to. I wonder though what have you done to have such a foul mouth and get away with it too.
Old December 25, 2004, 05:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dj,

Has Gavaskar said anything good about Bd Cricket??
Old December 25, 2004, 05:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Shish,

The fact that Gavaskar openly said that BD could've won the match and gone one-up in the series is in itself a big compliment.

If i was a BD fan, i would've surely lapped it up as a very positive compliment.

And i fail to see what bad he has said about BD cricket so far to evoke such a passionate mouthful.
Old December 25, 2004, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

To DJ Shastra,

1. I talked about Gavaskar in general, not about other commentators, so dont get confused. In the 2nd test Pilot/Rafique was given out with the worst possible decision. Rana/Pilot were hitting great shots, the other commentators and all regular fans noticed it, except YOU and your Gavaskar.

2. Yovraj given out LBW, Gavaskar said at least 4 times that the ball was missing the leg stumps, he just could not forget. Gavaskar said Pilot/Rafiq was BIT UNLUCKY when they got horrible decisions against them.

3. Have you forgot, Gavaskar's first ball duck against Imran, or are you predending? Gavaskar made many ducks in his life.

4. Gavaskar did not taught him well enough to be in this current 15. But that is not the point here, my point is many Gavaskar's comments were simply disgusting, and showed how narrow minded he is, just watch the tests on tape, I dont have time for you to explain every little thing. It is easy to say but much difficult to do, thats why Gavaskar Jr is not in the team, but he might be with his hard work one day.

5. There is no doubts Gavaskar did a LOT in his career, I did not take away any of his acomplishments. But listen good DJS, THAT DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO PROVOKE INSULTING COMMENTS! Many of his comments are insulting, humiliating and provoking. He is trying consistently to prove a point that BD is good enough no matter what. Example: After such a long long innings in 2nd test Ashraful did not come out until #6/#7 in the second innings. Gavaskar said, "A great player cannot be tired, he must carry the load. If he cant he dont belong in the test level, that tells he does not have fitness. He cant give excuses....." etc. etc etc. Just watch the tape before asking any more question on this.

We all saw what happened out there, in the heat of 90 degree F, a person just finished a mammoth innings of 158. Ash was slightly injured with hamstring at the end. Not only Gavaskar overlooked it he questioned his sincerity, responsibility, fitness and probably looked for more. Who knows he wants to questions his character too?

All this might sound like a music to the narrow minded people, but hurts right in heart for the people like us. And what have I said that was foul mouthed? Look at your comments in your signature, look at how many disturbing words were used in your post. This is not a place for personal/national/religious attacks, and I have no intention regardless, but you are PROVOKING, just like Gavaskar. I dont have to tell you what I have accomplished in my life or comapre with Gavaskar (since I am not a professional cricketer), but at least I have accomplished enough to have a mind free of jealousy, loathe and narrow mindedness.
Old December 25, 2004, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

You GO reyme!! Indian commentators pisses me off too........
Old December 25, 2004, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

"Look at your comments in your signature"

Reyme,

I thought it was quite cute and funny. But well, i've changed it.

It seems we live in different cultures and i definitely have no intentions of treading on any of your sensibilities.
Old December 25, 2004, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Hi DJ, Please no hard feelings. I dont want you hurt your emotion, all fans have their soft corner. Sorry if you felt I went overboard. I just wanted to say some commentators specially Gavaskar's comments are biased and even insulting. But hey, thats just me, others can differ.

Lets be friends and enjoy cricket.