facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default BanglaCricket: Changing of the Guards

recently i've noticed a gradual and worsening lack of impetus to posting here on BC. there are numerous reasons for this, least of which is probably our shambolic on-field performances. the majority of my posts used to come from game-time posts in the match thread. however, nowadays, since most games are broadcast, i tend to watch more, and post rarely until close of play. furthermore, last couple of years, i've been sending IMs to a friend of mine, who is almost always watching the game as well...and we tend to have discursive conversations about all things, both cricket related and not. simply put, i cant post in all places at once.

however, i have noticed, a disturbing lack of intellectual quality in the majority of BC discussions nowadays. when i first joined, i was a novice, and most of what i learned about the game came from BC and its posters.

I know of several prominent members who have started to avoid BC now, for various reasons, but the one would like to bring to attention is online etiquette.

a number of very senior level posters have told me that they're tired of the behavior of many of the "newbies" here and as a result have stopped posting, either altogether, or almost completely.

at any rate, guys like AsifTheManRahman, Sohel_NR, Ammark, Rubu, fwullah, mona/fab and many others are hardly seen anymore for various reasons. in recent times the likes of Beamer, Eshen, Ehsan, reverse_swing, and others have posted very rarely.

the bottom line is, there appears to be a changing of the guard, so to speak. a new generation of posters is taking over. this is a big responsibility, many of you are young, probably still in your teenage years.

take this opportunity as a challenge. build your online personality, develop your cricketing knowledge, respect others opinions no matter how wrong, and push your ideas strongly. keep an open mind, and don't rush to any judements, easy though it may seem.

before you, there were many highly knowledgable posters, there many thorough discussions. the "keys" to the kingdom are being handed over. you have great big shoes to fill, stay true to yourselves, and accept the challenge of making next generation's BC forum as great as the first.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old July 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
Banned

"In war, your opponent must be demolished, humiliated, destroyed, torn to pieces and the shreds fed to dogs. And cricket forum* is greater than war."- (Gen. Asif The Man Rahman)

*subject to edit
Old July 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Are you slowly going to leave Al furq? I've always been a lurker but it's always been a pleasure to read posts by yourself and the posters you mention above. The guard is being handed over to the youths much like our cricket team.....
Old July 21, 2010, 06:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

But why are all this Intelligent members not returning back to Bangladesh Cricket section.

Is it because they had enough of Bangladesh Cricket teams perfomance.
They have spent so much time following this ram-chagol that have fallen behind in other more important aspects of life. e.g. family,work etc.
Old July 21, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Handing down the key? You gotta be kidding me. This is what happens when Lord of the Rings meet Cricket. It's an online forum for Christ sakes(!) which of course doesn't entail posting of utter garbage but at the same time doesn't mean we have to give a SPORT- yes, S-P-O-R-T an air of textbook pedagogy and and a makeover of geekfest.

I mean sure some of us feel that since Bangladesh cricket needs rescuing and we should do something about it and since playing for the league and moving up the ladder is a far cry, the next best thing we should do is get down and dirty with our e-wizard wands and engage in some lengthy monograph and pedantic iDebate with someone whom we have never even met face to face thinking somehow it should send a ripple of wave down the Cosmic Consciousness to change the astrocharts of Bangladesh cricket board and patting oneself on the back for "All in a day's work" for saving the civilization from the brink of destruction before a peaceful night of sleep, but let's just not delude ourselves.... The players, the board, the coach can give a flying frack to what we do,think or say living in our little universe eating cheetos on futon in front of the pc screen as if we have the whole universe figured out.

So at the end of the day it is what it is and enjoy it for what it is. A sport which we watch for entertainment's sakes and for fun and not some intellectual exercise that somehow needs to be 'solved' by a guild of ivory tower theoreticians who feels the need of a sense of belonging beguiled that somehow they have one-up of Shakib for being able to conjure up theory with data manipulation.

Tamim, Shakib, Ash-- these guys don't need us. We need them. And we solely need them so that we have something to do between the time of picking right nose and left nose. Some may HATE them feeling disillusioned that what do these 'morons' have achieved in life to deserve this celebrity status whilst all your life you worked towards your post-depression Keynesian economic theory but truth of the matter is such is life. So yeah y'all go ahead and feel as good as you want and giggle at Mushy or cuss the f out of Ash for his illiterate English but at the end if someone clubs Gillespie for the biggest six he is in the ultimate zone of life as an immortal while you will die a rotten corpse. THEM? : Middle finger to us. US?: Banging on keyboard at 193 wpm with our podgy thumb fixing our glasses thinking we own them.

And as for the fans. That's exactly what makes BC a BC. "I" come to BC because of the eclectic members ranging from little Antora to genius like Sohel bhai. If all the codgers came to this place to form some nerdy Internet Brotherhood to engage in paragraphs of armchair theories it would be the MOST BORING place ever. It's precisely the diversity of the FANS that makes this such an exciting place. To shoehorn the natural course and dictum of the forum into some cookie cutter mould of what it should or should not be shows utter disrespect for others. And way to go by culling out some handful of members and making others feel insignificant and no I don't give a rats arse that my name is not included. Even guys like Shakibrulz and Matinsux with whose views I disagree maintains the checks and balance of the forum. And as for the other members who don't feel that the standard went down and lost the drive to post- well sorry to burst your bubbles cuz no one gives a damn; it's not as if cybersky will collapse.

Last edited by Zeeshan; July 21, 2010 at 07:03 PM..
Old July 21, 2010, 06:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

When I joined BC, there was no live online telecast. I still remember our first west indies tour.... ahh those were the days of good time at BC...

I think I agree with al-Furqaan regarding the quality of post. I am no expert in cricket, just another avid follower like everyone else of this board.

I think we share a different connection with the team. I grew up watching the struggle of earlier years of the cricket, when many didnot watch our boys. Watched everygame knowing we are going to loose. Watched the game just for a good shot or two. I still remember the two straight drive four by Faruque at the asia cup, who was immediately been compared with SRT by the commentator. he was out couple of balls later. Such was our joy. watched the game for the joy of watching.

My team was my connection to the unknown competing world. My team at world stage resembled my struggle in life.... two step forward one step backward...

I get hurt by losses, like the one against NED. Because we watched the game from the very formative years of the team, our connection to the team is more close; our expectation more realistic. may be I do not possess the spirit of the youth, truth be told I have aged. I have been following Bangladesh cricket for 18 years day in day out. I have hardly ever missed a game (excluding the ones I had no way of watching or listening or reading the commentary).

To newbies they probably want the team to win more. they are more brave, more agressive than I ever was. Some of the probably do not have the understanding of the game as e.g. asifTheManRahman has. But certainly they can improve the language.

But some of the "inexpert one" will be an expert in may be five years down the road........hopefully they maintain the quality of criticism..

Last edited by mafizraju; July 21, 2010 at 07:00 PM..
Old July 21, 2010, 06:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Very nice post Zeeshan. I am not brave enough to write something like that.

Banglacricket.com. Where tiger fans belong.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 21, 2010, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quality posts exists but its just that the silly/stupid/insulting comments/threads gain more attention and responses and the other threads get buried quickly.

Its an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. As much as I disagree with lets say the Siddons supporter in the latest hot topic, I wouldn't really post if they weren't here and there was no opposing view points.

Al F, I know you're trying to sound somewhat nostalgic but this post in itself is insulting to new comers who come here because of ALL of our common passion : Bangladesh Cricket.
Old July 21, 2010, 08:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

if anyone opens an intelectual thread, such as one regarding batting tactics and procedure, these now seem to get less response than other so called 'trivial' threads. why might that be?
im all for posting in trivial threads dont get me wrong, but i would like the more technical threads in bc to get more noticed that will be great
Old July 21, 2010, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Well what can I say. I joined 90 days after Al, and its amazing how 6 years passed by just like that! I do see a lot of intelligent posts even now, but things were a lot different back then. Moderation was a lot strict, lots of bans used to take place at that time. Things started to losen up since chinaman left. Like now, lots of heated converasation used to take place back then as well. I doubt people left or leaving due to new generation members, I think it is due to the fact that older members got busy with life and work.

The BC maybe dominated by some junior posters now, but many of whom are very smart and I do believe they can fill the empty shoes quite nicely if needed.
Old July 21, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Handing down the key? You gotta be kidding me. This is what happens when Lord of the Rings meet Cricket. It's an online forum for Christ sakes(!) which of course doesn't entail posting of utter garbage but at the same time doesn't mean we have to give a SPORT- yes, S-P-O-R-T an air of textbook pedagogy and and a makeover of geekfest.

I mean sure some of us feel that since Bangladesh cricket needs rescuing and we should do something about it and since playing for the league and moving up the ladder is a far cry, the next best thing we should do is get down and dirty with our e-wizard wands and engage in some lengthy monograph and pedantic iDebate with someone whom we have never even met face to face thinking somehow it should send a ripple of wave down the Cosmic Consciousness to change the astrocharts of Bangladesh cricket board and patting oneself on the back for "All in a day's work" for saving the civilization from the brink of destruction before a peaceful night of sleep, but let's just not delude ourselves.... The players, the board, the coach can give a flying frack to what we do,think or say living in our little universe eating cheetos on futon in front of the pc screen as if we have the whole universe figured out.

So at the end of the day it is what it is and enjoy it for what it is. A sport which we watch for entertainment's sakes and for fun and not some intellectual exercise that somehow needs to be 'solved' by a guild of ivory tower theoreticians who feels the need of a sense of belonging beguiled that somehow they have one-up of Shakib for being able to conjure up theory with data manipulation.

Tamim, Shakib, Ash-- these guys don't need us. We need them. And we solely need them so that we have something to do between the time of picking right nose and left nose. Some may HATE them feeling disillusioned that what do these 'morons' have achieved in life to deserve this celebrity status whilst all your life you worked towards your post-depression Keynesian economic theory but truth of the matter is such is life. So yeah y'all go ahead and feel as good as you want and giggle at Mushy or cuss the f out of Ash for his illiterate English but at the end if someone clubs Gillespie for the biggest six he is in the ultimate zone of life as an immortal while you will die a rotten corpse. THEM? : Middle finger to us. US?: Banging on keyboard at 193 wpm with our podgy thumb fixing our glasses thinking we own them.

And as for the fans. That's exactly what makes BC a BC. "I" come to BC because of the eclectic members ranging from little Antora to genius like Sohel bhai. If all the codgers came to this place to form some nerdy Internet Brotherhood to engage in paragraphs of armchair theories it would be the MOST BORING place ever. It's precisely the diversity of the FANS that makes this such an exciting place. To shoehorn the natural course and dictum of the forum into some cookie cutter mould of what it should or should not be shows utter disrespect for others. And way to go by culling out some handful of members and making others feel insignificant and no I don't give a rats arse that my name is not included. Even guys like Shakibrulz and Matinsux with whose views I disagree maintains the checks and balance of the forum. And as for the other members who don't feel that the standard went down and lost the drive to post- well sorry to burst your bubbles cuz no one gives a damn; it's not as if cybersky will collapse.
and this is seems to be precisely the sort of post that a couple of senior members have lamented is becoming all too common from the newer generation.

put another way, you claim that cricket is too miniscule an endeavor as to warrant "intellectual excercises" yet my post, highlighting trends on a cricket message board, is important enough to warrant a multi-paragraph polemic?

I think you are the one who is kidding me, my dear Sir!

I absolutely agree, that the players don't need us, that we need them - although it is precisely our demand for their "talent" which puts money in their pockets, thus proving our grand interdependence!

however, you assertion that we should be blind followers of the sport (as i suspect many of the "newbs" are, and as i once was) is truly disappointing, for lack of harsher words. this is somewhat akin to a math teacher instructing pupils to just recite and don't bother about why i^2 = -1. it is mind boggling.

yes, our analyses, are ultimately of no use or benefit to the players, coaches, management. but that is not the reason why this website exists. it exists to disseminate knowledge of and about bangladesh cricket, in addition to being a base of fan support on the world wide web.

it will indeed be unfortunate, if and when, the majority of BC posters will clamor for a new bowling coach, but couldn't tell you something basic about reverse swing. thats just an example.

a forum full of empty comments, like or or full of smiles is something which we should shun. a forum where the game is dissected and understood is far more valuable than one where all we do is "woot" for a win or groan "we suck" for a loss.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 21, 2010, 09:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
and this is seems to be precisely the sort of post that a couple of senior members have lamented is becoming all too common from the newer generation.
1. In that case please do convey to them in your next pow-wow and group therapy session that this sort of post is here to stay.

Quote:
put another way, you claim that cricket is too miniscule an endeavor...
2. I never claimed that.

Quote:
yet my post, highlighting trends on a cricket message board, is important enough to warrant a multi-paragraph polemic?.
3. Yes, because of the following:

Quote:
Quote:
1. In that case please do convey to them in your next pow-wow and group therapy session that this sort of post is here to stay.
Old July 21, 2010, 10:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
and you just beat me in length.

WTG
Old July 21, 2010, 10:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

Well Said, Zeeshan.
Old July 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up.

I think al Furqaan was really highlighting the growing lack of substantial posts within the forum, and I'd have to agree with him. He's completely right about the ridiculous numbers of pointless posts. BC wasn't this way when I joined either, and that was only 3 and a half years ago. Following our strong 2007 world cup performance, new members joined in masses. I do miss the old veterans of BC, and to be honest, even I've avoided BC as these pointless posters and posts grew in numbers.

However, I also agree with Zeeshan on one point. This forum was never quite as big until that 2007 world cup, and though a lot of the older members may not enjoy the silly posts and new members, it's bound to increase, and continue will rising as the older members avoid BC. In the end, we're all fans of a sports team who obviously don't give two cahoots about our opinions, and will continue progressing whether the veterans are here or the newbies take over completely.

I personally think that there should be an increase of substantial posts, and a decrease in pointless one-liners and emoticons. Neither al Furqaan, nor I suggest that we should be a forum of psycho-analysists, but I'm sure we'd all like to keep the respectable reputation of BC, which our veterans have shaped originally, intact. We all know we were different from those Indian and Pakistani forums. Let's keep it that way.
Old July 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Ad hominem attacks aside, I think to help with AF's cause we should perhaps bring back the dreaded red arros?
Old July 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

If a poster possesses more intellectuality than an average BD cricketer , he must be disappointed here. We know the intellectual level of BD cricket players and their management staffs and most of their fans . When you fail to comply that level , you are unlikely to enjoy the discussions. Many anonymous members are also afraid of being insulted by some naive teenagers who seem to have been dominating this forum lately.
Old July 21, 2010, 11:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

2. I never claimed that.
au contraire...you said, and i quote (nice work with the manipulation of the elipses marks while quoting what i said, btw):

Quote:
A sport which we watch for entertainment's sakes and for fun and not some intellectual exercise that somehow needs to be 'solved' by a guild of ivory tower theoreticians who feels the need of a sense of belonging beguiled that somehow they have one-up of Shakib for being able to conjure up theory with data manipulation.
if there is an alternate interpretation to that, especially the part in bold, i'm game to hear it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

[QUOTE=cricket_king;1192076]I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up [QUOTE]

That actually says, I could not agree to any of their views.
Old July 21, 2010, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

[QUOTE=One World;1192100][QUOTE=cricket_king;1192076]I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up
Quote:

Exactly . This a perfect demonstration of typical PR practice. Like "If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change." or "Wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead."
Old July 22, 2010, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

@AF: I was denying the usage of the word 'miniscule' which was thrust upon me.

Anyway, my point was simply this: Newbies are like newborn babies. [Note: the contraction]. Babies usually use words like googoo gaagaa doodoo daaadaaa. Through the passage of time they mature and learn to use polysyllabilic words,intelligent discourse, etc. When you write a post like that (OP) you end up as the kaatkhotta father who hears a 4 month baby go "dadadiidii" you respond by replying : "But would you fancy milk from your mother's mammaries, young man?" How psycho is that?

Just like the real world an environment like this forum caters to people of all demographics. To BRUTEFORCE others to churn out some pedagogical disseration from the newcomers saying they have some "shoe" to fill is analogous to telling your baby no-toys-no-cartoon-only-Aeneid. [Sure it worked out for Mill, but not everybody wants to live up to your or other man's expectation]. Live and let others be.

I get what you are saying but know that each and every members are different who have unique insights to contribute. If you want others to write more quality posts instead of complaining on the lack of thereof, concentrate producing more of those so that finally rest of us can get inspired and try to match them. It's like one approach is to eradicate all the unnecessary weeds, but another smarter approach would be to plant more flowers which outgrows the rest and enhances the aesthetics of the garden. Ghandhi's "be the change you want to see in the world" is what I am alluding to.

And what's up with all the seniorty issue? Barring the mods, each and every member here is same, and should be treated such. (And the custom user title was simply a work of jest by Big Boss just to let you so that I am not sounding hypocritical). As Eshen would say "humble pie test perhaps?" Humilty and respecting others opinion no matter how puerile or naive they may shows magnaminity of character instead of just giving a cold shoulder to others simply because one gets to flaunt a title higher up the order. At the age of 76 Morihei Ueshiba sensei, founder of Aikido and gangster as f---, said "I am still a baby in martial arts." Something to think about before writing out a sermon.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; July 22, 2010 at 02:21 AM..
Old July 22, 2010, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

[QUOTE=One World;1192100][QUOTE=cricket_king;1192076]I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up
Quote:

Care to elaborate on that? That obviously wasn't my intention.
Old July 22, 2010, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I agree with both al Furqaan and Zeeshan to certain extents, and I'm glad this topic was brought up.

I think al Furqaan was really highlighting the growing lack of substantial posts within the forum, and I'd have to agree with him. He's completely right about the ridiculous numbers of pointless posts. BC wasn't this way when I joined either, and that was only 3 and a half years ago. Following our strong 2007 world cup performance, new members joined in masses. I do miss the old veterans of BC, and to be honest, even I've avoided BC as these pointless posters and posts grew in numbers.

However, I also agree with Zeeshan on one point. This forum was never quite as big until that 2007 world cup, and though a lot of the older members may not enjoy the silly posts and new members, it's bound to increase, and continue will rising as the older members avoid BC. In the end, we're all fans of a sports team who obviously don't give two cahoots about our opinions, and will continue progressing whether the veterans are here or the newbies take over completely.

I personally think that there should be an increase of substantial posts, and a decrease in pointless one-liners and emoticons. Neither al Furqaan, nor I suggest that we should be a forum of psycho-analysists, but I'm sure we'd all like to keep the respectable reputation of BC, which our veterans have shaped originally, intact. We all know we were different from those Indian and Pakistani forums. Let's keep it that way.
Couldnt agree with you more!!

Can I just stress that, although I havent been an actual member for too long I have been following BC for a very long time and am fully aware of those quality posters Al furqann bhai has just mentioned. But a lot of the newer guys who werent around in that erm 'era' of BC, are obviously coming in and bringing a whole new dimension to BanglaCricket. And I compeletly agree with Zeeshan that as time goes on these guys will gain more and more awareness of the type of quality BC promotes. Personally if I fall into this 'new generation' category Al Furqaan bhai its only becuase I dont have as much Intellectual/In depth knowledge of cricket as some of the more established guys around here, therefore I woudnt have the confidence to dispute someone for example when the topic about the managent is in subject.
I would like it if some of those old members came back (BTW as far as i remember ATMR left because he had enough of the team's losing streak) But dont get yourself too worked up about this matter. Plus I think the BC staff are doing an excellent job in keeping this site clean and maintaining its high standards, If you notice there has been probably record number of bans than ever before(Omio, Shobha, Nadim..cant think of any atm) And I totally agree with cricket_king, we are different from your usual Indian and Pakistani or any other forums so lets take pride in that and just relax
Old July 22, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

I really understood this time. And I agree 100%. ZM/GB

It's the diversity of the people that brings me here. What would we talk about if there was no pro JS group (However illogical They are )

instead of stressing on intellectuality, I would preffer discussing how we can make this forum more constructive for our cricket & informative for the members, which inturn will raise the quality of discussions. What do you expect to discuss after such a bad run of BD team, while fans are not informed of the other side what they are/were thinking/planning? As fans we all are speculating and arguing on speculations to vent our frustrations on whomever we think to be the culprit for depriving us of deserved pride & pleasure.

We should have had some good interviews of the responsible people and players, digging for the truth in every possible way would have helped us to have much more substantial, constructive and meaningful discussions rathar than wild debates. Those news paper articles are not feeding us (BC Members) with the required information for sure. But all are volunteers here, and I'm greatful to all the guys who are providing this voluntary service. I know what it takes for me to come here and to keep my professional side healthy. I can't demand more from them.

CK/AL, You know when I joined BC in March 2007, I was amazed to see that many of the members knew each others personally, at times I would feel that I'm an intruder in someone elses premises. Please I mean no offense to any one, that was an honest confession of what I felt and it has no negative strings attached. And I took it as a very natural one and none could have controlled that one, I cannot tell someone to undo his acquintance. And when you know someone personally you will always understand him/her better than someone whose face/name is even unknown, forget about true personality. So there were reasons to feel at home for you with the old gurards, You know it's like my mother is the best cook.

With the addition of a lot of new members this forum has become wider and that feelings of my mothers touch has eroded a little bit. That makes some uncomfortable and brings opposite feelings to some. I won't tell that the new members are intellectually any less, But yes, I would expect the old and experienced members to come back more often and they can definitely enrich the forum & help the newbies indulge into meaningful discussions. Or it will be boring for the older members to see threads you exaustively discussed 5 years back, coming again. May be we need a volunteer (new mod) to bring up the old thread and link it to similar new thread, so that the discussions can only go forward and avoid a lots of boring repeatation posts. Only an old guard has the capacity to take such a role. We need to do something new to retain our uniqueness and quality, unfortunately questioning IQ/Intellectuality isn't the right way. We must not forget new people brings in new ideas and new generation is always ahead of the old in innovation, while old is precious & knows the way to utilize those in the right way. lets use the experience to make BC a better place and not compare old with new, it's truely uncompareable.

(Sorry can't read back to quality contol my post; will try to do it later, excuse me for any mistakes please.)

Last edited by BANFAN; July 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM..
Old July 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I want to give my input:

* people prefer emotions more than constructive criticism. it is the things that are appealing to the public which gets more attention than lets say an intellectual debate. or let's say a thread talking about Ashraful for the 500th time will get 50 more replies than let's say talking about a fast bowling coach(we desperately need one!) because Ashraful is still by far an ICON for Bangladesh cricket..it will still take a lot of time for people to forget about him because of his enigma!

* competition for post counts

* more experienced posters tend to avoid certain threads because they have discussed it in the past. for example: no offense to BanglaCricket or myself, but we have been talking about Quran/Islam threads in Forget cricket since the dawn of BanglaCricket. now you have new members replacing the old ones...the arguments are essentially the same the topics are essentially the same, it is just the implementation(different people talking about it a bit more differently) is what is different! more experienced posters don't need to bother with many threads in BanglaCricket because some things just come over and over and over again.

* the overall progress and success and failures of the team has to do with it. i mean it doesn't matter how you measure progress. generally speaking, at the end of the day, people look at Losses and Wins...it doesn't matter if you scored 500 runs in an innings, it doesn't matter you bowl your opponent out for 88. if you lose, then you lose! if you win, then you win! simple as that! and that is how people measure success even though the true criteria for measuring progress/success may be on a different level. but at the end of the day, the wins/losses count! and the experienced members shouldn't be blamed for giving up/losing interest in the forum!

What BanglaCricket needs is a diversity of members, which will contain the balance of this forum so that everyone can benefit from each other. this is the current situation with still a good number of knowledgeable members contributing as well as the inexperienced ones learning