facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old April 5, 2007, 06:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid
Exclamation A Provocative Question

Now that we are thru the Half way stage in Super 8.How many of you feel that the win against India was a fluke? and that it cannot be repeated again?

Old April 5, 2007, 06:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I am quite sure you feel in that way.

Watch the match again and if you follow cricket, you will understand, India was completely outplayed in every department of the game.

Keep on dreaming.
Old April 5, 2007, 06:43 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

agreed with miraz bhai.
Old April 5, 2007, 06:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I am quite sure you feel in that way.

Watch the match again and if you follow cricket, you will understand, India was completely outplayed in every department of the game.

Keep on dreaming.
Plz Read the question again, i know India lost the match ,the query was will BD ever play like that again or was that just a one match wonder which they pull off once in a year or 2.
Old April 5, 2007, 07:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Now that we are thru the Half way stage in Super 8.How many of you feel that the win against India was a fluke? and that it cannot be repeated again?
India is a paper tiger and I mean no disrespect. The Indian media hypes up their players so much that we dont see the real picture. India has a great batting line up full of legends on paper but they can't deliver when the pressure is on. Indian bowling and fielding is one of the worst in international cricket. India has been playing cricket for so long but yet they cannot produce a pacer of the class of Shane Bond, Mcgrath or Brett Lee. If Munaf Patel is one of ur best seam bowlers then I feel sorry for Indian cricket. Bangladesh has been playing international cricket for barely 7 years but we managed to produce a great seam bowler like Mashrafe Mortaza. Bangladesh will only improve with time but I cant say the same for India where money, commecials, business are more important than cricket itself.
Old April 5, 2007, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
It was not a fluke and it may be repeated any time. I even feel that we may see the same quality performance in any of the games against SA/Eng/WI. Just keep your mind coool and wait. The world cup is yet not over for us. It still has a lot to offer for us.:p
Old April 5, 2007, 07:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
I admire ur patience, u waited good 15 days (Mar 21 - till date) here to ask this simple question, u could have done that much earlier. Since March 17 we have played against only one inferior team to India (i.e. Bermuda) and we won that. I believe u will admit that our other opponents are way better than india. And for ur question, u don't have to wait long, india is supposed to vist Bangladesh from May 7 (If BCCI doesn't change their mind in the mean time)!
Old April 5, 2007, 07:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well,its good to see that all of you do not see the victory as a fluke and are sure you can demolish India each and every time from now.Eagerly waiting for the next BD win.
Old April 5, 2007, 07:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Fluke or no fluke we won the game...

If established professionals, better and matured sides like India, Pak and Auss can play "so called worse" in any given day and lose to country like BD or Ireland then there is no shame for young, inexperienced, new professionals like BD Brigade to lose most games in its early days of WORLD Cricket.

It took Sri Lanka I believe 13 years from the time they got test status to reach to its current stage, some more to get the test status..... so by what logic has it become BD's imperative to become genius so quickly.
Old April 5, 2007, 08:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Plz Read the question again, i know India lost the match ,the query was will BD ever play like that again or was that just a one match wonder which they pull off once in a year or 2.
the reason we came out all guns blazing was because of the arrogant way the pricks across the border behave at every step of the way...it was merely a revenge attack.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

put anther way, there is ample evidence that bangladesh are a much improved side, fluke wins, nothwithstanding:

why else would india want our coach if his team was a utter failure???

indians see that whatmore can take a bad team and make them much much better...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

why else would india want our coach if his team was a utter failure???
I don't think India want our coach. Whatmore himself, showed for that job. More or less most of the Indian newspapers are in favour of local coach.

Old April 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

I'm getting tired of the pessimists.

Win against India was ours and we have earned it by completely defeating them.

You didnot stop to think about it as "fluke" then. Now you're asking this question as we have lost against Aussies and NZ. Probably we'll lose against SA and the rest of them too.

What we all need to understand is that one win against India DID NOT make us competitive against the sides like ASU or NZ or SA.

Our team has delivered what we have asked of them. Let them enjoy the game for now. I personally expect one more win against Ireland. I hope we'll get that. If we don't, I'll take that as a bad day....every team has bad days....
Old April 5, 2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Quote:
fluke /fluk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[flook]
1.an accidental advantage; stroke of good luck: He got the job by a fluke.
2.an accident or chance happening.
3.an accidentally successful stroke, as in billiards.
Hmm.. out of last 4 encounters between BD and IND, BD won 2, IND won 2! Which one is the real fluke
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 5, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Well,its good to see that all of you do not see the victory as a fluke and are sure you can demolish India each and every time from now.Eagerly waiting for the next BD win.
Nobody said, and should ever say, that one team will win against another team on every occasion. That's the wrong thing to say about cricket...but what you can say is, most of us are confident that Bangladesh will be able to win some matches against India, meaning that Bangladesh isn't inferior to India anymore. Sure India can win a few matches too, but that doesn't prove that they're better.

Australia lost a 3 ODI series against NZ (whitewashed to be precise)...is Australia considered as worse than NZ? Think about it.
Old April 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Hmm.. out of last 4 encounters between BD and IND, BD won 2, IND won 2! Which one is the real fluke
Good one
Old April 5, 2007, 09:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

This is the most stupid thread that I have ever seen in this forum…..some people has nothing to do…so always dig in the past….force to prove their own beliefs on others…does not matter that is it rational or not…
Old April 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
doing an s rajesh, it is actually 2 win for Bangladesh out of last 3 encounters against ind. so from next time onward any ind win against us will be considered as a fluke according to these indian fans. pathetic supporters to say the least.
Old April 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

I do not think it was a fluke but I also believe we are not physically or mentally equipped to produce similar performance in every match....

I think our target was to beat India and we were successful. Having Bangladesh and Ireland in the super 8s may not be appreciated for obvious reasons but as a Bangladeshi, I feel even if we lose every single match badly, we are gaining experience that we wont get till another 4 years. These kids need it....

It's a shame though that both India and Pak are out of the tournament so early.... WC is not the same w/o them... but it's also diff in a good way with BD in
Old April 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
I can not guarantee that BD will win every time against India, infact it is impossible to say any team can win every time. What I can say is if we play upto our potential, like the way we did on March 17, 2007, then we can definitely beat India. It should not be taken as a fluke, because we have beaten India twice and also we have beaten other stronger opponents than India (eg. Australia, Srilanka, New Zealand). So, the word fluke is not the right word to use in this context.

The sad part our team is they are very inconsistent. I haven't seen a performance that is similar to March 17 in any other world cup matches yet. Oh well, they are bunch of young guns, they will find the consistency with time. Its all about taking a step at a time, previously we could have never imagine about beating Top teams like Australia, Pakistan, India, Srilanka, New Zealand, etc. Now, we are beating the top teams, but being very inconsistent. Hopefully, with these kids growing into man, in next 4-5 years you will see a consistent Bangladesh Team.
Old April 5, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Ehsan, I copyrighted that idea. Now pay me for using my idea
Old April 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Why are you guys still so peeved 'cause we took yout girlfriend to the prom. It is going to happen more often. Get used to it.
Old April 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic
doing an s rajesh, it is actually 2 win for Bangladesh out of last 3 encounters against ind. so from next time onward any ind win against us will be considered as a fluke according to these indian fans. pathetic supporters to say the least.
lol
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
This is the most stupid thread that I have ever seen in this forum…..some people has nothing to do…so always dig in the past….force to prove their own beliefs on others…does not matter that is it rational or not…
what else can you expect from an eendian thread opener.
Old April 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Ok how can we declare this even before the game started that we will win tomorrow and we did that? I mean we won against Australia but no one knew the day before we will win that game. it might seems to you that we just played that way all of a sudden and the way our boys r playing now i don't blame you but we have been following u r cricket and ours and we knew (90%) that we can take two early wickets we will be in business. Now that haven't happened yet again for BD yet. but i assure you in next few matches or in may we get the same start we will give the opponents run for their money.
And that's why I/we don't feel that this was a fluke. we can still play like the indian match but in order to do that things has to go according to our plan.
Besides all the team knows how good we can be so they don't let us an inch but indian STAR players thought they will make 40 out of 20 instead of giving us the proper respect and they got what they deserve.
I think this is a problem with Pakis too. they way amir shohel refuse to show proper respect to irish the other day when SA x player darel culinan asked him directly " i am showing respect that they deserve r u?"
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Closed Thread