facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2010, 02:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Beamer, i'm probably thinking the name many of us might be thinking as well.
Its Riyad.

His batting througout the tri series and now on the 1st innings looked really solid and someone who can actually pace his innings maturely, i think he looked the part. He handled both the pace and spin quite well. Not sure, but i think he opens/bats top order in his club team.

We are still looking for a viable No 3. So why not give him a shot as well??

But on the other side, we may also risk loosing him as well.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old January 20, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I missed our batting last night. But judging from what you guys are saying, SN looked a fish out of water! Anyway, he is not a no.3. Neither is Zunaid or Imrul. Its time we promote somebody else from within this squad or look outside. Eventually, Tamim-Zunaid opening pair will settle in, then we must find our replacement for Bashar in tests. No.1 task from here on..
First it was a replay of 1st innings. Came in tried to pull the very first ball. This time it went for two (1st innings for 4). Same old figidi and at 5 was dropped by Laxman. Wow!! Then I think he thought "live tho paisi amarey ar pai kay!!" Hoiked one over the slip, my breathe got stuck in my throat. Koray ki koray ki? Ball chaira dey shara din baki. Never was settled. Read Cricinfo special on him:
Quote:
If Tamim stood for everything that was good about the Bangladeshi batting today, Shariar Nafees reflected the worst. It was a nervy innings, full of over-ambitious swipes and there was a sense of desperation and a sense of impending doom to it.

There was a man at the deep and he still went for the hook. It would have made sense if he was pulling well, but he wasn't. He chased deliveries outside off stump and went hard at some of his other shots.
It was his comeback game after his ICL exile and perhaps, the pressure showed on him. It was similar to the way he played in the first innings,
Old January 20, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

hmmm... Not good.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As for the ICL backers:

Naeem, Riyad >>> Aftab, Kapali in any format with the bat and ball respectively.

Naeem, Riyad are mentally much stronger than Aftab, Kapali respectively. They have already showed they can bat according to the situation.

If you guys can't see this, I am sorry!! Aftab himself knows that and said that many times. For example: when BD was winning against WI, go look for his interview. It is here in BC some where for sure.

You guys should already know how I dislike for BD players playing T20. That is what has happening to these boys. They can't be patient. It is not easy to switch modes. Loppa outside off-stump dekhley'i Tamim'er chokh boro hoiye jai. Ash chokh bondho korey toloar chalai. Shakib thinks he can dominate anyone and everyone. Self belief is needed to be successful at this level. But over confidence will bring one down even when the talent level is more. Mushi and Riyad showed that they are learning fast. Naeem in the same category.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

while I was wathching him batting today - only one thing was in my mind...this is pure UGLY!! I've never seen any #3 bat like that in my entire life.....what was he thinking!!
Sorry tonoy, he is done. Now plz move on.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

It's all about the attitude. SN showed the worst attitude ever possible for a top order test batsman. Some of us were thinking that he would surprise us in the second innings by a big score. But I was almost sure he won't.

Something happened to this guy. After deciding for going to ICL he seems to be a complete different guy to me. It's not the SN we knew in the past. I have no faith on this guy anymore.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Based on what you guys have said, and I have every reason to trust you all, I just don't see how SN retains his place in the team next match. Its unfair, but the attitude and manner displayed treating the no.3 spot like that only means he is one and done.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Feel really sorry for SN, he is most likely to be thrown in the same bin with Hannan Sarkar, Nafees Iqbal, and Rajin Saleh after this Test.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Bye bye nafees from test cricket. Thank you . As u said u have given enough to us. We will call u if we play against Papua new guinea

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 20, 2010, 03:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

It's stupid also try them in test instead of odi

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 20, 2010, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Beamer, i'm probably thinking the name many of us might be thinking as well.
Its Riyad.

His batting througout the tri series and now on the 1st innings looked really solid and someone who can actually pace his innings maturely, i think he looked the part. He handled both the pace and spin quite well. Not sure, but i think he opens/bats top order in his club team.

We are still looking for a viable No 3. So why not give him a shot as well??

But on the other side, we may also risk loosing him as well.
Good post brother. Sooner or later he will be our no 3/4 batsman.
Old January 20, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I think Dhakablue got it right. Because SN played bad, some of us would like to lynch anyone who ever had anything to do with ICL. Why cant we more mature ?
You guys would lynch anyone who played very badly be it the IClers or anyone else. I am surprised that you fans still refer to them as ICLers.That is history and everyone should move on. Remember, the ICL started 20/20 cricket in India, the IPL stole it and BCCI made a pact with the ICC to outlaw them because of greed, and the fact that they were rolling in money.
I still feel that BCB should bring back at least 5 of these guys in the national fold and give them the proper nurturing to be part of the squad.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Feel really sorry for SN, he is most likely to be thrown in the same bin with Hannan Sarkar, Nafees Iqbal, and Rajin Saleh after this Test.
They also opened the bin door themselves a bit.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Making a generic statement regarding ICLers based on SN's performance was not completely out of the blue or irrelevant. His batting showed the exact mindlessness that our players shows when batting for T20. It looked to me he never got out of that mindset of playing in ICL. Given that he was supposedly the most brainy one of the ICL lot (statement by McInnes), if this is his condition, you can imagine the rest. I personally am a fan of Aftab and hope ICL did not ruin him as well, but I'm scared that it has.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

All the blames goes to Rafiqul Alam, the bhua chief selector.

Nafees didn't play any longer-version cricket for 2 years but selector picked him for Tests. Its not his fault. Selectors should be blamed. They should have selected him for the ODIs.

Now he should go back to his Barisal team and get back the mindset of Test cricket.
Old January 20, 2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
All the blames goes to Rafiqul Alam, the bhua chief selector.

Nafees didn't play any longer-version cricket for 2 years but selector picked him for Tests. Its not his fault. Selectors should be blamed. They should have selected him for the ODIs.

Now he should go back to his Barisal team and get back the mindset of Test cricket.
Exactly. He's not a bad player, just shouldn't have been called to play Tests yet.
Old January 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

He was very edgy and wasn't performing prior to ICL. And after ICL, he definitely needs to work harder to compete with the current lot for a place. I think Aftab/Alok could have been a better choice and one more bowling option as well.
Old January 20, 2010, 05:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The selectors should not have called him up for tests..he hasn't even played any longer version cricket in so long and he gets the nod before Zunaed? Yes Zunaed hasn't been at his best but he has played more 1st class and test matches then SN for the last 2 years..SN just looked like an ODI player and really struggled against good quality pace..thats what SN always has been..a great player against minnows but when it comes to quality fast bowlers he really struggles..SN just showed how the ICL players still have a ways to go before they play international cricket..he seems to have poor technique compared to the other batsmen on the team..i think for his own good he needs to be dropped for the next test and really practice very hard with siddons..the way he played reminded me of how the bangladeshi batsmen used 2 be and thats why we ended up wit scores below 200 or even 100..just shows how much siddons did to improve the way our batsmen bat now..Zunaed has to play next match and they just have to drop SN for now..
Old January 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

I was against the inclusion of SN all along.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Bringining him right to the TEST was indeed a mistake.

He didn;t played for a while after playing T20, then he played local legaue T50 ... thats it.

No ... Team A, No ODI.... no warm up match.

It was a risk indeed ... and it failed.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Ash is still in because it's not embarrassing to watch him play.

Nope, its embarassing to see him how he gets out under 10.. whats the difference. The guy came back after long time. Let him play couple of matches and then he could be judged. why judge him based on one game..?
Old January 20, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Zunaid will get the nod in Mirpur.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Making a generic statement regarding ICLers based on SN's performance was not completely out of the blue or irrelevant. His batting showed the exact mindlessness that our players shows when batting for T20. It looked to me he never got out of that mindset of playing in ICL. Given that he was supposedly the most brainy one of the ICL lot (statement by McInnes), if this is his condition, you can imagine the rest. I personally am a fan of Aftab and hope ICL did not ruin him as well, but I'm scared that it has.
Come on!!! again bit of stretch. Even in ICL he always took time to settle. he was never a player to come down and start to hit all over the park, and he is still not that sort of player. He was clearly nervous, and took a lot of pressure, it was apparent he was having concentration problem in both cases. Give him couple of matches he will be fine.
Old January 20, 2010, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

You are talking about my SN?? hes not struggling.. Just got 3 awards today
Old January 20, 2010, 06:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
The guy came back after long time. Let him play couple of matches and then he could be judged. why judge him based on one game..?
Good point. Some people was trashing Saiful after his 1st ODI as if they have seen enough of him and came to conclusion that he is no good. but it turns out... may be we need to be more patient with new players and let them show what they have over few games.

Sn is not a young new player. But like you, I am not yet ready to demand his head yet. if he gets the pink slip thats ok... if is get another chance that's also ok with me (for now).