facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2007, 11:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default ICC Friend or Foe?

Well they gave us the test status - a friend?
They shafted us with the crappy buildup schedule before the WC of 2007 and 2011. - Foe?

Playing minnows is no way getting ready for the main event. We played Zim, Kenya, Zim, Scotland, bermuda, canada, and will play nz and scotland before the WC 2007.

Guess what? Within the last 100+ days before the WC 2011, we will only host Zim for 2 test and 5 ODIs. - Double foe it is.

Old March 1, 2007, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

The ICC has been nothing but a "friend" (for lack of a more appropriate word)....Playing Minnows you say? If we could actually win convincingly once in a while, your argument would hold water.....We cannot improve one bit if we keep getting thrashed by the big 8, the last five years has been proof of that. This way, they get both confidence, and practice in close matches, something that about 5% of matches with the big 8 would provide us with.
Old March 1, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

You missed two big points.

1. Unless you keep playing with the big boys (doesn't matter how big you lose) you are not going to improve. One can improve only so much by playing against same quality of opposition. Certainly, the schdule that ICC (FTP) had fixed for us is the ugliest. We didn't have any test for how long now??

Facing Brett Lee and facing Cummings is not the same. After getting blasted out from the first few times we would know how to stand up against the giants. That is the whole ideology.

Out of 21 ODIs, 19 games against minnows and one each against SL and WI is not a schedule that any one want to see. What a buildup for the world cup where we will face two giants and one minnow.

2. As time passes, everyone improves. Technology, better facilities, better physio etc. The question is are we improving faster than the top eight to decrease the gap? We won't unless we play them regularly. ICC did an injustice to us with the new FTP. Like it or not that is the truth.

As for your last five year thrashing and not improving, that has to deal with the lack of our domestic cricket/pitches. Anyone and everyone knows that. Since now we have a structure (which can be made better) we see the little improvements.

It is the same attitude of:
I help you get your independance and then will cripple your economy cause you will become one of my step child.
Old March 1, 2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I don't like the FTP. It has been calculated move by ICC to reduce our games. Unfortunately, we are ones to blame for this. Our previous FTP had lot of games and we failed to show our worth in those games. As a result we now have to live with this crappy FTP.

Its all our fault.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 1, 2007, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Well they gave us the test status - a friend?
I see our Test status hardly a favor from ICC. They knew very well what a huge market Bangladesh offers for cricket, and they wanted to cash in as soon as possible.
Quote:
They shafted us with the crappy buildup schedule before the WC of 2007 and 2011. - Foe?

Playing minnows is no way getting ready for the main event. We played Zim, Kenya, Zim, Scotland, bermuda, canada, and will play nz and scotland before the WC 2007.

Guess what? Within the last 100+ days before the WC 2011, we will only host Zim for 2 test and 5 ODIs. - Double foe it is.
We have gone past the stage where we could expect ICC to babysit us. ICC ensured we are getting minimum amount of matches required in an FTP, BCB have to use their relationship with other boards to see when and how those matches can be arranged.

I blame BCB solely for crappy world cup preparation. They could have done better if they arranged practice matches against England-A, or send our national team over to one of our subcontinental neighbours to play FC sides of that country.
Old March 1, 2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
I don't like the FTP. It has been calculated move by ICC to reduce our games. Unfortunately, we are ones to blame for this. Our previous FTP had lot of games and we failed to show our worth in those games. As a result we now have to live with this crappy FTP.

Its all our fault.
Well....it's our fate!!!
Old March 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I blame BCB solely for crappy world cup preparation. They could have done better if they arranged practice matches against England-A, or send our national team over to one of our subcontinental neighbours to play FC sides of that country.
You do bring up a point that I partially like. I like the blaming part, BCB. Instead of playing at Zim may be playing at WI (regional teams) would have been better. A two/three month tour all together.

If any BCB member (current or future) ever come across this thread: Please Move up the Zim series by 2/3 weeks (both have open dates then) and invite WI (who is the only team have open dates) for 4/5 match ODI series. Plan early plan ahead, before boards like India cancel their FTP schedule (at SA) and make a tri-series with WI. Just like they cancelled the NZ tour this time and had 8 matches 4 with SL and 4 WI.
Old March 1, 2007, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think ICC made the right FTP for us, making our boys used to winning, and we saw the improvement yesterday. If they did not have the winning attitude/mindset, we would have lost yesterday like we did so many times in the past. I am sure our build up matches for 2011 WC will be much healthier.
Old March 1, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
I think ICC made the right FTP for us, making our boys used to winning, and we saw the improvement yesterday. If they did not have the winning attitude/mindset, we would have lost yesterday like we did so many times in the past. I am sure our build up matches for 2011 WC will be much healthier.
I agree with you buddy but once in a while we must play against the biggies. Otherwise, we cant judge our improvement.
Old March 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh would be in big trouble against the Kiwis caz they are one of the team to reach WC final easily .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 1, 2007 at 04:22 PM..
Old March 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
I agree with you buddy but once in a while we must play against the biggies. Otherwise, we cant judge our improvement.
Looks like we will have a lot of opportunity to judge our improvement.

Here is the fixture for BD from WC 07 - WC 11

2007 May HOME v India
2007 Jun AWAY: Afro Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Sth Africa, Pak, Sri Lanka, Zim, Kenya)
2007 Jun-Jul AWAY v Sri Lanka
2007/08 Sep AWAY: Twenty20 Championship (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in South Africa
2007/08 Feb HOME v South Africa
2007/08 Feb-Mar HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Ind, Sth Africa) in Bangladesh
2007/08 Mar HOME v India
2008 Apr AWAY: Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Pak, Sri Lanka) in Pakistan
2008 Jun AWAY: Afro Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Sth Africa, Pak, Sri Lanka, Zim, Kenya)
2008 Jun-Jul AWAY v Australia
2008/09 Sep-Oct AWAY: ICC Champions Trophy (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in Pakistan
2008/09 Nov AWAY v South Africa
2008/09 Dec HOME v Sri Lanka
2008/09 Jan HOME v Zimbabwe
2008/09 Jan HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Sri Lanka, Zim) in Bangladesh
2009 Apr HOME v West Indies
2009 Jun AWAY: Twenty20 Championship (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in England
2009/10 Sep-Oct AWAY v Zimbabwe
2009/10 Oct HOME v Zimbabwe
2009/10 Dec HOME v India
2009/10 Jan-Feb HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Ind, Sri Lanka) in Bangladesh
2009/10 Jan AWAY v New Zealand
2010 Apr AWAY: Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Pak, Sri Lanka)
2010 May AWAY v England
2010/11 Sep AWAY v Pakistan
2010/11 Oct HOME v New Zealand
2010/11 Dec HOME v Zimbabwe

Like I guessed, very few matches against minnows. Good performance this year and professional negotiation of BCB might get us a few more against the elite.

Last edited by zakirc; March 1, 2007 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Added source link.
Old March 1, 2007, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i dont see much games againts minnows

i see only 4 series against zimbabwe.....

and few other matches with them and kenya

all the other matches are with the top teams..
Old March 1, 2007, 04:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

By next world cup we have to rank atleast 4/5 in the world cricket .
Old March 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Amen.

Old March 1, 2007, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
You missed two big points.

1. Unless you keep playing with the big boys (doesn't matter how big you lose) you are not going to improve. One can improve only so much by playing against same quality of opposition. Certainly, the schdule that ICC (FTP) had fixed for us is the ugliest. We didn't have any test for how long now??

Facing Brett Lee and facing Cummings is not the same. After getting blasted out from the first few times we would know how to stand up against the giants. That is the whole ideology.

Out of 21 ODIs, 19 games against minnows and one each against SL and WI is not a schedule that any one want to see. What a buildup for the world cup where we will face two giants and one minnow.

2. As time passes, everyone improves. Technology, better facilities, better physio etc. The question is are we improving faster than the top eight to decrease the gap? We won't unless we play them regularly. ICC did an injustice to us with the new FTP. Like it or not that is the truth.

As for your last five year thrashing and not improving, that has to deal with the lack of our domestic cricket/pitches. Anyone and everyone knows that. Since now we have a structure (which can be made better) we see the little improvements.

It is the same attitude of:
I help you get your independance and then will cripple your economy cause you will become one of my step child.
The ICC have nothing against Bangladesh. You could argue that they dont do enough, or dont pay enough attention (something I would agree with), but you cant go as far as to say that they actually want to hurt Bangladesh's chances. You cant go as far as to say theyve been a "foe". I wouldnt be surprised if they want BD to succeed as much as we do. It'll be good for business. I mean, who doesnt wanna support a rising underdog? I agree with you on your argument about the opponents bowling attack, I hadnt really thought of that. But the fact remains that Bangladesh needs to feel that "winning spirit" too, Im sure last year did wonders for the Bangladesh teams confidence. I also think they improved in leaps and bounds (as many have stated earlier), and i think that newfound confidence is a great part of that. But we'll only find out if they have after BD take on NZ, just a couple of days left.....
Old March 1, 2007, 08:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Looks like we will have a lot of opportunity to judge our improvement.

Here is the fixture for BD from WC 07 - WC 11

2007 May HOME v India
2007 Jun AWAY: Afro Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Sth Africa, Pak, Sri Lanka, Zim, Kenya)
2007 Jun-Jul AWAY v Sri Lanka
2007/08 Sep AWAY: Twenty20 Championship (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in South Africa
2007/08 Feb HOME v South Africa
2007/08 Feb-Mar HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Ind, Sth Africa) in Bangladesh
2007/08 Mar HOME v India
2008 Apr AWAY: Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Pak, Sri Lanka) in Pakistan
2008 Jun AWAY: Afro Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Sth Africa, Pak, Sri Lanka, Zim, Kenya)
2008 Jun-Jul AWAY v Australia
2008/09 Sep-Oct AWAY: ICC Champions Trophy (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in Pakistan
2008/09 Nov AWAY v South Africa
2008/09 Dec HOME v Sri Lanka
2008/09 Jan HOME v Zimbabwe
2008/09 Jan HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Sri Lanka, Zim) in Bangladesh
2009 Apr HOME v West Indies
2009 Jun AWAY: Twenty20 Championship (Aus, Eng, Ind, Sth Africa, New Z'lnd, Pak, Sri Lanka, W Indies, Zim, B'desh) in England
2009/10 Sep-Oct AWAY v Zimbabwe
2009/10 Oct HOME v Zimbabwe
2009/10 Dec HOME v India
2009/10 Jan-Feb HOME: ODI series (B'desh, Ind, Sri Lanka) in Bangladesh
2009/10 Jan AWAY v New Zealand
2010 Apr AWAY: Asia Cup (B'desh. Ind, Pak, Sri Lanka)
2010 May AWAY v England
2010/11 Sep AWAY v Pakistan
2010/11 Oct HOME v New Zealand
2010/11 Dec HOME v Zimbabwe

Like I guessed, very few matches against minnows. Good performance this year and professional negotiation of BCB might get us a few more against the elite.
we hardly against minnows good job. we can prolly sneak a couple of series with zimbabwe in there.

why we play pak away again? we haven't hosted them in ages. and we hardly play PAK at all? we should add a few series in here.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 1, 2007, 08:47 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well it doesn't look like we have too many minnow tournaments, especially in 2010/11. So I don't see what's the problem. Sure playing Zimbabwe again in the last tournament before WC isn't ideal, but on the whole the FTP looks fair, except India will still not host us but that's their problem. If we can beat stronger opponents more frequently in the next few years, our future FTPs will be more satisfactory.
Old March 2, 2007, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

ICC Schedule is Only a Guideline. It will be Changed.......................
Old March 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
ICC Schedule is Only a Guideline. It will be Changed.......................
As far as I know, schedule must be mainained, otherwise there will be a huge fine. However, dates and time can be adjusted.
Old March 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
As far as I know, schedule must be mainained, otherwise there will be a huge fine. However, dates and time can be adjusted.
So, does that mean we're confirmed to have these matches? If that is the case, then Mashallah.

I don't think this list of matches is bad in any way possible. We got fair amount of matches/series against strong opponents like SA, WI, and Pakistan. And IFF (meaning, if and only if) we win a few matches against stronger opponnets, we'll get more series and tournaments for sure. Then these away or home series could be adjusted in a way so that before or after the series a tri-nation series could be played.

I think, another important thing is to make sure that we have similar number of away and home series. Very important.
Old March 6, 2007, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Matches against associates are not part of Future Tour Plan (FTP), they are add-ons. Also, we have lots of long gaps in our FTP and I am pretty sure BCB will try to fill up those gaps with more matches against Zim and Kenya.
Old March 6, 2007, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Yes, But We will Play Lots of Matches and Series Which are Not Included in The Schedule Now. We were Suposed to Have a Series (Test & ODI) Against India in India. India and Bangladesh Jointly Canceled That. So, Be Sure We will Play More Matches than What is Written Now in The Schedule.
Old March 6, 2007, 04:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Afghanistan produce record amount of "Opium" this year!