facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Man Im just missing Mash! Sehwag has the audacity to talk in that manner becasue he knows Mashrafe wont play .... Sehwag is Mashrafe's BITCH and he knows it!

Old January 16, 2010, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Dhoni is out of first test due to injury
Old January 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I love it. It adds some chillie to the test series. Our boys need to take it seriously and throw the words to the opponent's mouth. Just think if we can manage to win this game some how. what would be the reaction all over the world, specially in India. I would love to see it.

Come on boys, let Shehwag eat his own words.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedbangla
What do you mean by "No other side has done that"? South Africa won the last test series aganist Australia in Australia. Aus lost a series at home after 15 years. That is the problem with indian cricket fans. they forget other teams' achievement. that is why they forgot so early the superb achievement of the SA team. India only won a test in 2004 and 2007, not the series. India is a good team but they were extremely lucky too. India never won a test match in Australia with Mcgrath, Warne in the side. in 2004 adelaide test both Mcgrath, Warne and Lee were injured and when Lee came back in the next test india lost. again in perth, 2007 mcgrath, warne all retired and india won. India won in NZ when Bond was out due to ICL debate. In 2007 Trentbridge test, Both Flintoff and Harmisson were absent for injury and India won. Sounds amazing!! it is like Bangladesh winning a test against india while sachin, sehwag or harbhajan not playing
Flintoff and Harmision? They both average 30+ as bowlers. You are talking as though waqar younis is missing in Pak side of 1990s. Even in Headingly test of 2002 when the wicket was assisting bowlers they looked terrible vs India. Bond anyway has been in and out of the side. India did win Perth test as well in 2007. That Mcgrath and warne retired is not india's problem. As such India has beaten Warne black and blue. Absence of Warne improves Aussie side vs India if anything. Lee's absense in Adeleide test was not felt. He was beaten black and blue in that series with figures like 1 for 200 and such.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Flintoff and Harmision? They both average 30+ as bowlers. You are talking as though waqar younis is missing in Pak side of 1990s. Even in Headingly test of 2002 when the wicket was assisting bowlers they looked terrible vs India. Bond anyway has been in and out of the side. India did win Perth test as well in 2007. That Mcgrath and warne retired is not india's problem. As such India has beaten Warne black and blue. Absence of Warne improves Aussie side vs India if anything. Lee's absense in Adeleide test was not felt. He was beaten black and blue in that series with figures like 1 for 200 and such.
Anyway, none of anything can take away the fact that Bangladesh is an ordinary test side which doesn't have it in them to get 20 wickets in Tests. So there you go!
Old January 16, 2010, 09:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
"What's your thought on the pitch?" "I haven't seen it."
This obviously shows Sehwag's level of arrogance. He views the Test matches a walk in the park.

Quote:
A journalist asked the obvious question - can Bangladesh surprise India? "No. They can't beat us in Test matches," Sehwag said. "They can surprise you in ODIs but not in Tests."

Why? "Because they can't take 20 Indian wickets. Even Sri Lanka found it difficult. Bangladesh can't. They are an ordinary side."
Too a large extent this is true. We need real fast bowlers for once. Our spinners are pretty good but our pacers need to give us a breakthrough early on.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Though I didn't like the comments but I think it will heat up situations and who knows we might win

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 16, 2010, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Shakib didn't want to say anything on Sehwag but he said he doesn't consider India to be a true No. 1 Test side. "They are ranked No.1 recently but I think South Africa and India are much better than them," Shakib said.
The f-& is Shakib smoking?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 16, 2010, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Hmm .. lets see here ... India THE NO.1 test side in the world ...

So when was the last time India won a test series in Australia? Oh yeah I remember ... NEVER!!!!!

ok may be a diffferent question: when was the last time India won a test series in South Africa? Lets see ... mmm ... hey same answer: NEVER!!!!!! ...

Hmm ... No.1 test side in the world! Interesting isnt it? When was the last time India won a test series in Sri Lanka? In 1993 ... 17 years ago and that happens to be THE ONLY time they ever won a series in Srilanka !!!

Oh and read this : The only away series they EVER won against ZIMBABWE was in 2005 when basically it was Zimbabwe 'C' on their fourth visit ...

Yeah what a great side India has been over the years! and you guys started playing test cricket when? Oh yeah I remember: 1932 !!

I guess Im being too harsh! I mean its only been 78 years you know!

But you know what? What you guys have achieved in 78 years? (Or should I say HAVE NOT rather! lol) ... Watch us go past all that and beyond in the next 10 years ... YES India has been and still is a very ordinary side if you ask me! What have you guys been doing all these years? Seriously!!!

Why has it been so PATHETIC?
Old January 16, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Man Im just missing Mash! Sehwag has the audacity to talk in that manner becasue he knows Mashrafe wont play .... Sehwag is Mashrafe's BITCH and he knows it!
Lawl.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

India just got no1 position and even didnt consolidate it yet. Now they are making statement like a low class person wins lottery and being rich and forgets his root.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:46 AM

I'm actually quite glad that he has made such a statement. When you come to think of it, they created more pressure on themselves now by undermining Bangladesh. Think how the media will handle Sehwag and CO. if Bangladesh by some miracle(the odds are quite probable) manages to draw against India? I'm sure the boys are riled up by such comments. Now we'll see how they respond. I am just hoping that they still stick to the the game plan and not get too emotional about it. Remember contain the run as much as you possibly can, and then bat, bat, and bat till their bowlers can't bowl no more.

Last edited by tonoy; January 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM..
Old January 16, 2010, 09:47 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan HELL YA

i googled sehwag n press conferences. its not a big deal, hes real arrogant wen it comes to press conferences
Old January 16, 2010, 09:48 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan HELL YA

i just wanto see him out. golden duck. yesh XD
Old January 16, 2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Taklu hala needs Nourkrin 1st.
Old January 16, 2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

Sehwag criticized Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman once when they all failed to go for winning a test. He is an innocent guy who doesn't say polished things. It is typical Sehwag. People who know him would take it with a pinch of salt.
Old January 16, 2010, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Lol Shehwar pwned India. The most "ordinary" team in the history of cricket if you consider the time they have been playing for, the cricketing heritage they recieved from the British, their humongous population, the financial might of their board and their craze for the sport. Still to come up with a Test bowler who can average under 25 in Test (spinner or pacer). Took them 78 years to become the best Test nation in the World even though I personally think they are still no where near the Aussies or Saffers.
Old January 16, 2010, 10:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Flintoff, Harmison were the main bowlers of England team at that time and they won ashes in 2005. yes, absence of opponent's key players is not india's fault but they were extremely lucky not to face the key opponent players at the crucial time. it definetely helped to win those matches abroad no doubt. Nobody will disagree that presence of Flintoff for England, Mcgrath for Australia, Bond for NZ is huge huge factors. Anyway, my poínt was, how could you write "no other team beat aus in aus"? was that lack of information about SA's victory in Aus or just trying to forcefully overglorify india's two test match victories there?
Old January 16, 2010, 10:24 AM
Test Cricketer

pure classless......just because he can pelt bowlers in batting paradises doesn't mean he can fart with mouth......and people who are defending him saying "thats his style" take this- a seriel killer doesnt get away with murders saying ' thats my style" ......if sewag is not civic enough bcci should arange schooling for him where they teach "manners"
Old January 16, 2010, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Lol Shehwar pwned India. The most "ordinary" team in the history of cricket if you consider the time they have been playing for, the cricketing heritage they recieved from the British, their humongous population, the financial might of their board and their craze for the sport. Still to come up with a Test bowler who can average under 25 in Test (spinner or pacer). Took them 78 years to become the best Test ation in the World even though I personally think they are still no where near the Aussies or Saffers.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content...ds/284055.html

I don't think any team can beat this
Old January 16, 2010, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
pure classless......just because he can pelt bowlers in batting paradises doesn't mean he can fart with mouth......and people who are defending him saying "thats his style" take this- a seriel killer doesnt get away with murders saying ' thats my style" ......if sewag is not civic enough bcci should arange schooling for him where they teach "manners"
What a lame analogy
Old January 16, 2010, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
What a lame analogy
Find a better one mate......
Old January 16, 2010, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Let him say what he wants to. What will matter is what is going to happen tonight in Chittagong and I hope our boys can prove Sehwag wrong.
Old January 16, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Comon guys, no reason to fight over this...DId Shewheg say anything different, new or unknown...Bhais, yes, we, BD is an ordinary team! We might be getting up there to fight a bit in ODIs no doubt, but we are even far far smaller and weaker in Test or 1st class matches!

And so what, Sehweg said it, who cares, now the pressure is on him, now and always it is he who is expected to perform, we are expected to lose, easy, game on!.....Now let's see what happens!
Old January 16, 2010, 10:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedbangla
Flintoff, Harmison were the main bowlers of England team at that time and they won ashes in 2005. yes, absence of opponent's key players is not india's fault but they were extremely lucky not to face the key opponent players at the crucial time. it definetely helped to win those matches abroad no doubt. Nobody will disagree that presence of Flintoff for England, Mcgrath for Australia, Bond for NZ is huge huge factors. Anyway, my poínt was, how could you write "no other team beat aus in aus"? was that lack of information about SA's victory in Aus or just trying to forcefully overglorify india's two test match victories there?
I don't think India ever won a test series in Australia and i highly doubt they ever will with the mockery of their bowling line up. Nehra bowling at Abdur Razzak's pace and the swing bowlers bow hardly bowls but often blows . India is a pathetic team which defeated NZ during their decline, no fleming, twose, bond, simon doul and now they beat NZ with tendulkar 40+ lol . I think the only reason they are playing well is because of IPL, even Srilanka became a chamcha of India.