facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Rubel has long way to go. But we have started to compare him with Vaas & Mcgrath..............That’s good. We can dream to have bowling legend like them.

Mr. Rubel, your responsibility is going higher & higher. Sometimes fans/supporters put more pressure to players by having over expectation. Hope Rubel will be able to perform his Job. After all it will be good for Bangladesh.

Old June 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah 130+ is always good enough at international level as long as the bowler has developed other skills to go with it. but the more pace a bowler can generate helps because it's one more weapon that a bowler has at his disposal, a swinging ball at 150kph is going to be tougher to handle than a swinging ball at 130kph. pace is not everything but it can be a big weapon, i'd say rubel has enough pace already, if he gains more it's good but if he doesn't he's still quick enough.
Old June 3, 2009, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I'm not saying pace isn't important, but there are things that are more important for a fast bowler to sustain success - I think we all know that.
True, He can be lethal if he can add line, length, swing etc to his pace.
Old June 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I'm not saying pace isn't important, but there are things that are more important for a fast bowler to sustain success - I think we all know that.
...like not bowling flurries of wides and no ball like the Pakistanis today.

Why is everyone getting a ha.. on from pace? smh. Someone should do a study of extras to fast bowling ratio.. I easily remember Wasim and Akib struggling to get their line right eventhough they could tear up any batting line up.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 4, 2009, 12:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
mcgrath actually hit high 130s at times even later in his career, probably got it to 140 a few times over his career.
mgrath has gone over 90 mph in his career as recently as early 2000s. i've seen videos of him. he was no medium pacer, except by intention.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 5, 2009, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yeah 130+ is always good enough at international level as long as the bowler has developed other skills to go with it. but the more pace a bowler can generate helps because it's one more weapon that a bowler has at his disposal, a swinging ball at 150kph is going to be tougher to handle than a swinging ball at 130kph. pace is not everything but it can be a big weapon, i'd say rubel has enough pace already, if he gains more it's good but if he doesn't he's still quick enough.
yh i agree with you
Old June 5, 2009, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Vaas and McGrath at their peaks hardly hit the high 120's and yet beat batsmen day in and day out. Pace is overrated - shape it away son!
Well, McGraths dont come very often. 130 is a good pace, and if u have accuracy and swing to go with it, it can be lethal. But I was talking about PACE ONLY. And any pace around 140 is good enough to beat most of the batsmen[well of course with some control]. So, yea. With swing and accuracy 130 is good, but for a more 'human' bowler, 140 shud be the target.
Old June 5, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Anyways, Its really good to see some real fast bowlers in the team. No disrespect to any X cricketers, but we never had a fast bowler till Mashrafe, and since then it was only Mashrafe[well talha/shahadat had potentials. But none has fulfilled really] And rubel is showing good promise. The exciting fact is, since GP pacer hunt, he has increased 10m of pace. That is a huge achievement.[he was 82mph in GP, and now around 91-92] And with proper guidance he might be able to go beyond 95. And he is just 19, with a couple of 'certificate years' probably 21. But a pacers' peak is arond 24-28. So if he can continue his growth, he might be one of the quickest.