facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2010, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

congrats. hate to be a party pooper...but should he have been a little self-less and gone for huge shots in pp, we could've had the opposition in backfoot...oh well. +1 for temperment.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old February 11, 2010, 02:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Always thought he had it in him ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 11, 2010, 03:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

he wasted 138 deliveries to score 101, not good enough. a good century, but he has to have better strike rate.
Old February 11, 2010, 03:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

TBH I didn't think he was capable of an innings like this but obviously he proved me wrong. Well played Imrul! My only concern is that I think now he will be picked for the WT20 because of this performance and I don't think he is a T20 player. It would be best for him as well if he can avoid playing T20s right now. He still has a lot of issues to work out with regards to his batting.
Old February 11, 2010, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
congrats. hate to be a party pooper...but should he have been a little self-less and gone for huge shots in pp, we could've had the opposition in backfoot...oh well. +1 for temperment.
In such cases, sometimes nerves get you. So even if you try, you cannot avoid the though of missing out on the 100. So it's rather better for the team if one gets the 100 thing out of the way.
Old February 11, 2010, 03:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Only positive from this series.

There are more positives such as Sak's 4 wckt haul,Shafi's wicket taking ability,Rubels good pace,Mushy's 86.
The most sad part was no good innings from Ryad & Sak.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
nobody could see why he was in the team, but I have been a supporter of imrul since I first saw him play internationally
Old February 11, 2010, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
there was a touch of selfish criket about the innings
Old February 11, 2010, 04:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Javed Omar would be proud ...

7 lives during his innings

Not a fan of Imrul. And I do not think he would be a long term opening solution for us. However, lets be fair to him. I watched the entire innings. I am not sure what are you referring to as "lives". I am assuming you are talking about those nicks and edges. Well I guess then you should watch the highlights of Hashim Amlas 253 against India. At least 3 dropped catchs and quite a few of those nicks and edges. How about Sachin's century against us!!!!

Congrats to him. However, he's not gonna survive long at this level. Way too many flaw's in his technique.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
selfish cricket? huh?? very unfair comment ....he was playing according to match condition when top order again failed to perform and he had to continue his innings slowly to prevent from future collapse ...not just for his century.
I'd rather say Tamim played very selfish cricket this series by being too aggressive when his team needed him as the in-form batsman....I couldn't find any of Imrul's alleged 7 lives on Cricinfo, but did notice Sakib and Mushy got dropped even b4 they got out.

Congrats Imrul Kayes. Keep scoring those runs. Its all that matters. Tho your technique is bit rusty with edges etc. I think.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Not a fan of Imrul. And I do not think he would be a long term opening solution for us. However, lets be fair to him. I watched the entire innings. I am not sure what are you referring to as "lives". I am assuming you are talking about those nicks and edges. Well I guess then you should watch the highlights of Hashim Amlas 253 against India. At least 3 dropped catchs and quite a few of those nicks and edges. How about Sachin's century against us!!!!

Congrats to him. However, he's not gonna survive long at this level. Way too many flaw's in his technique.
Too early to comment.Even i am not a fan of him.But the way he showed his intent towards the game in this seaming condition was outstanding.He may not survive but he has got time to improve on the flaws of his technique.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Excellent knock under pressure for various reasons. I saw the entire match and I really think he has done an outstanding job. Almost carried through the inning which is indeed a great feat in NZ seaming condition.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
he wasted 138 deliveries to score 101, not good enough. a good century, but he has to have better strike rate.
The man played an anchor role and carried the inning. Without this inning we would be booked under 200. And BTW he did not play a lose shot to get out like some talented player.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

You can't expect to score a century without some luck- Sachin Tendulkar.
Of course he was riding on some luck, so was Ashraful, do we see a 100 beside his name? Its called making the most of chances, well done imrul. BD minus Imrul would have been 180-190 today as well.
Old February 11, 2010, 05:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Welldone Imrul!
I hope this century is not a one off thing! =S
Old February 11, 2010, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Congrats Imrul!

It was coming the way he was batting recently. He is a real good solid opening batsman BD was looking forward to fit with Tamim. I hope and pray he would carry this form and make his place in the International cricket firmly.
Old February 11, 2010, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Javed Omar would be proud ...

7 lives during his innings
7?!

I don't think so. That's an exaggerating figure. Couple of deliveries took his edge and went pass the stumps to the boundary. That's it probably till I saw him batted at 88*, then due to power failure I couldn't see rest of the innings.
Old February 11, 2010, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Come on guys, give me a break with criticisms, he knew he had to stay there and and anchor the innings, knows that the top order normally collapses, had patience to hold on to his wicket against very tight bowling and fielding and showed determination to get his first century. I am sure he will improve, also his fielding. Good prospect for BD.
Old February 11, 2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

this guy is slow lucky. some edges could have wet on to the stumps. And some catches dropped just short. I bet Tamim was like, "how come I never get as many chances. If I did, I coulld score a double century." lol
Old February 11, 2010, 07:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
this isnt about whinning or whinging...congrats to him for this efforts...but at a slow strike rate of 73...its not as good as it can be.

yeh now ppl will say if he played faster he wudve got out or if he didnt play that innings we wudnt have gotten to 240 wateva...but there was a touch of selfish criket about the innings. n after playing 140 balls he cudnt pik the arm ball?

we need mroe of this...but faster
I would question some of fellow member's cricket sense, who are mentioning about slow strike rate. Do you guys want everybody's strike rate to be close to 100?
I didnt see any selfishness in his innings. He tried and played his best within his capabilities. I would rather blame shakib, mushy and rest of the lower order batsmen and some poor decisions from the dressing room for not having a score of 260+.
Anyways, congrats to Kayes and hope this performance will help boost confidence of the entire team for the upcoming test match.
Old February 11, 2010, 08:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I like Imrul's temperment,we don't need every1 to bat like Sak or TI.
If we haven't scored engh it's the fault of Ryad,Mushy,Naeem.
As far as his strike rate & bttng techniqs are concerned,he will inshalah learn that with
more practice & more intrntnl mtches.
BTW is he playing the TEST??
Old February 11, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Congrats...just play faster next time bhai....also for sure bring this kind of form and achievement in test matches....
Old February 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Foreign condition and a century!! I was hoping he sticked around for another 3 overs and carry the bat. We would have ended up with at least 260.

Congratulations!!! Gem of an innings but no one to support.
Old February 11, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
this isnt about whinning or whinging...congrats to him for this efforts...but at a slow strike rate of 73...its not as good as it can be.

yeh now ppl will say if he played faster he wudve got out or if he didnt play that innings we wudnt have gotten to 240 wateva...but there was a touch of selfish criket about the innings. n after playing 140 balls he cudnt pik the arm ball?

we need mroe of this...but faster
Ahh, you guys are never satisfied. If someone does good, you keep whinging why couldnt he do it faster. These kind of fans piss me off soo much. Friggin pieces of sh**'s. Cant you just be happy and say it was a good innings??

And a SR of 73 in a 101 runs innings is good in that conditions. So you want to use Ash's method?? You score 30 from 30 balls and i do the same and we win?? Ok, but you will never win with that. Some of you need a break. Go on a holiday or something (if you can afford it ).
Old February 11, 2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Congrat Imrul.

In a given day I would rather have a lucky but successful player than talented but unlucky player.
who said that the talented player was unlucky? he had three chances but he still could not cross 30's.

congrats to Imrul.