facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Top 4 Reasons Why I Dig the BC Forum

Top 4 reasons I dig the BC forum.

4) What it means for . In the context of knowing Bd, the site is a gem. This maybe simply due to a lack of other good websites. But the fact is, one look at the "forget cricket” section will be more helpful to discover Bd than any other site. On a related note, the site is a fantastic source of journalism as well. Not only are you made aware of the recent important topics (both inside and outside Bd), but you get a wide breadth of different assessments almost every time, and are free to take away whatever you infer from the topics.

3) Small but growing community. This is actually a huge plus, as it helps to keep the traditions alive. Some of the best continuing threads will stay strong without any danger of being drowned by a thousand new posts overnight. The caption thread for example is pure comedy gold, and it keeps expanding.

2) Strict no-nonsense moderating. If any thread is out of place, it is reshuffled almost immediately. Fair warnings are issued in case of any rule breaches. Almost a zero % chance of sneaking in a misdemeanor. And no one is above the law too. Occasionally, you might notice members with over thousands of posts being banned. As a member of quite a few other forums( mostly those of my favorite franchise teams), I can tell you that such practice is quite unique.

1) Clean template. Very easy to use. Very neatly organized. No signs of clutter or marketing bombardment anywhere. No excessive bright colors either. Least likely to cause a seizure amongst all other cricket forums. But in the same time, not too austere either. A fine balance indeed.

PS: I was torn between posting this at the “Bd Cricket” section and the “Forget Cricket” section. Ended up choosing the latter.

Keep it 100,

Roey

Old September 20, 2012, 09:10 PM
Cricket Savant

I actually don't.

*here comes jinatf acussing me of being cranky*
Old September 20, 2012, 09:55 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

+1ed it.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 20, 2012, 10:04 PM

'Dig' has many meaning, no?
Old September 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cricket Savant

I actually agree with everything in OP, more so the last two points. And I find the other vBulletin forums' templates with fancy dark skins, plus zillions of sub-forums a turn off. This site is neat and clean plus run by people who are successes on their own regard instead of some teen-run forums.
Old September 21, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Top 4 reasons why i dig BC forum:

1. Bangladesh Cricket
2. Bangladesh Cricket
3. Bangladesh Cricket
4. Bangladesh Cricket
Old September 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
2) Strict no-nonsense moderating.
I find this one most agreeable... by the way... Do you dig in to disprove it..???

Why do I feel, you are doing damage control by this thread?? don't know what you are repairing..but be sure it won't work for the same reason that you highlighted...
Old September 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I find this one most agreeable... by the way... Do you dig in to disprove it..???

Why do I feel, you are doing damage control by this thread?? don't know what you are repairing..but be sure it won't work for the same reason that you highlighted...
Nahhh! No damage control. Just felt like whipping up something for the forum. I can positively say I'll NEVER be banned. I'm just that sincere. Oh, and I never type under influence, so yeah.

Keep it 100,

Roey