facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 09:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (Abir) & Who ???????

Guys,,,,,,,

One questions comes in my mind in regard to the SL tour....i.e. who would be opening with Abir in the ODI's other than...Javed as he should play & open only in the test matches.....I mean wht if N.Iqbal dint perform in da England tour of A team which is comin soon and wht if Rajin is not included in the tour of SL as he dint perform well in the test match and also the practice mathces that he played in England....

R the selectors gonna choose a new face which i think they mite if N.Iqbal continues to be in bad patch (Though i hope he doesnt) & Rajin's case he dont have a chance to prove that he should be in SL tour....he aint there in the A team also....

So, who is it gonna be to open with Abir other than N.Iqbal & Rajin in ODI's???????

Edited on, July 12, 2005, 2:47 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.

Old July 12, 2005, 10:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Please don't say any more new face. really tired to memorise lots of new name ,,,, no more plz
Old July 12, 2005, 10:22 AM
Club Cricketer

I would stick with javed opening the batting!!
whatever we say about him....... i think he knows his role in the team and he is doing it pretty well.

there's no point brining in some new face and let him struggle aganist vass and not see him again.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:06 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I really don't know what to think about JO. if we keep him in the team we never gonna have a fighting total, and if we don't have him we might not reach a respected total.

but, since the win over australia, we don't have to be worried about criticisam for a while does not matter how bad we do. so, i think its time to take some risk. open with 2 out of the three: abir, nafis and rajin. whoever makes up the best pair. Don't want JO for the ODI in srilanka.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Javed could be a super sub!

Javed has the potential to be a great ODI batsmen javed scored a 102 of 130 vs the Asia XI when they played a match vs BCB XI in 2001 and I just don't get whay he's so stubborn!

It really wasn't a Top asia XI squad but still to get TON vs the Asia XI should of given him the confidence to attack more.

Edited on, July 12, 2005, 5:48 PM GMT, by cricman.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Ashraful will be the best opening partner for Shahriar Nafees in ODIs. He can get out for a duck or single digit score regardless of his batting position. But if he gets going, then we can really gain a lot from fielding restrictions. At this moment, his confidence is high and he definately has skills to play the new ball. So I don't see any reason for not sending Ashraful to open in the ODIs. On the other hand, if Shahreer Nafees can continue his good work, then we can have a very good long term opening solution for ODIs. Who knows, this pair may turn out as our version of "Ganguly + Tendulkar" ODI opening partnership

In tests we should stick to Nafees Iqbal + Javed for this series. If Nafees can't do better, then we can think about replacing him with Shahriar Nafees in the next series.

Edited on, July 12, 2005, 5:35 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Iqbal will be fine as an oneday opener to face Vaas and Co. on subcontinental pitches. But, first he needs to score some runs on the A-team tour. It should now be easier for him to do that since the ball moves little less in late English summer.
Old July 12, 2005, 01:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Alok Kapali. :embaressed:

(he was voted to that position by banglacricket members)
Old July 12, 2005, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Try me with Shahreer Nafis.
Old July 12, 2005, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

the way our opening partnerships change, u never know if shahriar nafees will be there in SL tour or not. we might see BD open ing with rajin saleh and rafique in the 1st ODI, Shahriar Nafees and Nafees iqbal in 2nd ODI, javed omar and ashraful in 3rd ODI .
Old July 12, 2005, 03:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i think rajin should open in odi... he can defend the ball and also hit them too.... And asian condition should fit him pretty well... and i hope they don't chg poistion of ash and aftab cause last time they did that both were flopps.. let them play in their positions 4 (ash) and 3(aftab).

And please no more debu
Old July 13, 2005, 02:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ash should be one or two down. S.Nafees and JO is a good combonation. Since new rules will make a 20 overs the fielding restrictions, we will have plenty of time before S.Nafees and JO make a respectable total in first few over and get settled.

The problem with ASH is that if he goes out in 1-2 runs or Duck in opening partnership, that will actually deter his confidence and make BD to play under pressure the rest of the oepneing overs.
Old July 13, 2005, 05:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Javed wud obviously b the first choice...but if all of the incidences u mention occurs then i wud go for Rafique mama to open.