facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan
Thumbs up Kent interested in Ashraful

Former Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful celebrates his century for Blackheath against Bromley in minor country on Saturday. — Internet photo
Former Bangladesh skipper Mohammad Ashraful is likely to be approached by Kent to play for them in the upcoming Twenty20 campaign, revealed their coach Jimmy Adams on Thursday.
Ashraful, 27, is currently playing for Blackheath – and also coaching the side – in the Kent Premier League and scored a century on Saturday that caught the attention of the Kent authorities who are looking for their second overseas player.
He made 100 against Bromley and claimed a hat-trick (3-1) with the ball.
Adams was unaware that Ashraful was around, but he pledged to ‘immediately look into it’ and see if something could be done to get him in the side after a local journalist informed him about the batsman.
‘I didn’t know he was around, but if he’s here I won’t rule out anything. It’s a lead,’ the Kent coach was quoted as saying on a local website.
‘We have to be mindful of the players we already have as we’re trying to create an environment where the players get as much of an opportunity as they can. But it’s definitely something I’ll look at,’ said Adams.
Pakistani all-rounder Azhar Mahmood, the only overseas player of Kent, and Darren Stevens played for Dhaka Gladiators in the Bangladesh Premier League alongside Ashraful, while his Blackheath team-mate Daniel Bell-Drummond is also a Kent player.
If Ashraful gets to play
for Kent he will be the third Bangladeshi, after Sakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal, to play in the county. Sakib earlier played for Worcestershire and is linked with Essex this season while Tamim represented Nottinghamshire in their Twenty20 tournament last season.
Ashraful, who has been in and out of the national team, has made three centuries and 20 fifties in 171 one-day internationals while he also has five tons and eight half-centuries in Tests.

http://www.newagebd.com/section.php?...12-05-25&cid=6
Old May 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Kent-coa...ail/story.html

Kent coach Jimmy Adams to look at Mohammad Ashraful for t20

Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Fstoneherald
Follow
KENT coach Jimmy Adams revealed he will look into the possibility of signing former Bangladesh skipper Mohammad Ashraful for the t20 campaign, after receiving a tip-off from a thisiskent sport journalist.
Ashraful, 27, has come over from Bangladesh to coach cricket and play in the Kent Premier League for Blackheath.

1. Kent coach Jimmy Adams to look at Mohammad Ashraful for t20

He made 100 against Bromley on Saturday and took 3-1 with the ball prompting Jack Wilson, of Kent Regional News, to enquire about the possibility of signing Ashraful as the second overseas player.
Adams, who has spent hours on the road as the county schedule gets into full swing, was unaware that Ashraful was around but he pledged to "immediately look into it" to see if something could be done.
Adams said: "I didn't know he was about but if he's here I won't rule out anything. It's a lead. If he signs you can invoice the club!
Ambitious
"We have to be mindful of the players we already have as we're trying to create an environment where the players get as much of an opportunity as they can.
"But it's definitely something I'll look at.
"We still have some time left before the start of the t20 in June although finding a player hasn't been looking too good for us up to now.
"Azhar (Mahmood) is back in the next few days and we have enough to work with if we can't get someone in."
Ashraful is team-mates with Daniel Bell-Drummond at Blackheath while he played with Azhar Mahmood and Darren Stevens for the Dhaka Gladiators in the Bangladesh Premier League earlier this year. Their side won the tournament.
Blackheath captain Chris Willetts said the door was open for Ashraful to sign but that the move may be hit by visa regulations.
He said: "We'd never stand in the way of any player going on to play better cricket.
"It's his choice if he wants to do that but there may be a problem with the visa that he's on if Kent want to sign him."
For the full story see your Kent Regional News & Media newspaper on Thursday.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonli...et_review.aspx

Early Shepherd Neame Kent League Premier Division pacesetters Blackheath romped to a 193-run victory over Bromley on Saturday.
After being invited to bat they posted a formidable target of 289-6 thanks chiefly to Mohammad Ashraful who scored exactly 100 while Jamal Patterson and Kent's Daniel Bell-Drummond both chipped in with half centuries. Demoralised Bromley were soon in trouble in reply and were bowled out for just 96.
Bexley are in second place after their four-wicket win over Lordswood. Former Kent spinner Min Patel took 4-40, including a hat-trick, as the Medway team were bowled out for 175 batting first with only Lyndon Lockhard (68) making a substantial contribution.
Lordswood made a better showing with the ball but, with George Wells scoring an unbeaten 74, Bexley eventually got home with four-wickets and two overs to spare.
Defending champions Hartley Country Club scored their first win of the new campaign with a five-wicket success at Bickley Park.
Hartley invited Bickley Park to bat and their frugal attack restricted the home side to 170-6 from their 55 overs. Hartley then approached their run chase in an orderly fashion, Sam Billings scoring 41 and James Thompson finishing unbeaten on 51 as they achieved victory in the 46th over.
The two newly promoted teams, Canterbury and Beckenham, had mixed fortunes with the former securing a winning draw over Tunbridge Wells while Beckenham were involved in a losing draw against Sevenoaks Vine.
Wells captain Evert Bekker decided to put Canterbury in at the Nevill and then had to watch the visiting openers, James Lilley (109) and Dominic Cambers (59) put on 151 for the first wicket. However. once Chambers departed Bekker brought his side back into contention, claiming 5-71 as Canterbury finished on 227-9.
Bekker then chipped in with 49 as Wells earned a draw on 200-9 despite the best efforts of Justin Macvicar (4-57) and Matt Jenkinson (3-44).
At Foxgrove Road, Sevenoaks Vine batsman Fabian Cowdrey finished unbeaten on 99 and was unlucky not to complete his century from a single off the fourth ball of the final over, with the umpire awarding a leg bye. Ollie Howick also scored 77 for Sevenoaks as they set a target of 232-3, and when Beckenham replied a fifth-wicket century partnership between William Macvicar (93) and Jason Bilimoria (54 ) took them to within sight of victory.
But then a late clatter of wickets saw Beckenham hanging on for a draw on 193-9. Tom Parsons took 5-57 for Sevenoaks.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Best of luck ashraful. Make us proud. County is the best place to learn cricket
Old May 25, 2012, 01:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

but in country they will kick him out if he cant keep his consistency
Old May 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

MashAllah! remember Ashraful did really good job leading his side in DPL! He is indeed a great cricketer no doubt!

It's when he is on the big stage all hell breaks loose!
Old May 25, 2012, 02:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

What is so unique and interesting about Ashraful is that about every single year since his debut in 2001, he has hit one century/that defining innings once every year.

2001- Sri Lanka Century
2002-?? don't remember!
2003- got a fifty in World cup against New Zealand(during that time it was a big deal, 'cause we all... you know..., weren't that good!)
2004- Zimbabwe 51*
2005- you know it
2006-Century in Tests
2007- by far the most successful
2008-century against Sri Lanka Test
2009- century against Zimbabwe ODI
2010- got a 50 in T20 World Cup i think
2011- century against SA A
2012- century against some minor county team.
Old May 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Wow! Ash? :

Best of luck
Old May 25, 2012, 02:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

how many of you are dreaming that this deal will be final and a county t20 season will ensure that Ash is reborn, well atleast for t20...i am dreaming...am i stupid?
Old May 25, 2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
how many of you are dreaming that this deal will be final and a county t20 season will ensure that Ash is reborn, well atleast for t20...i am dreaming...am i stupid?
I am with you, The Birth of Mohammad Ashraful in T20!

I do not wan't him anywhere near the ODI and Test Set-up.!

I would be delighted if he plays T20!

I think a lot of people never said anything about ASH playing T20, Most agree.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
I am with you, The Birth of Mohammad Ashraful in T20!

I do not wan't him anywhere near the ODI and Test Set-up.!

I would be delighted if he plays T20!

I think a lot of people never said anything about ASH playing T20, Most agree.
Agreed.Ash is a good T20 player.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Not only you, Jimmy Adams also dreaming same as you. Poor Jimmy with these unfortunate overseas addition not gonna make Kent a strong side. I hope this works as something miracle for them, but IMO with Ash its allways a big risk to depend on him, as well as in BD nat side. btw county is way overrated in BD with all those pride sentiments, not all teams here are good side to stick with. Moreover dont wanna see too much Azhar effect on him as I'm more BC fan then county.
Old May 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Not only you, Jimmy Adams also dreaming same as you. Poor Jimmy with these unfortunate overseas addition not gonna make Kent a strong side. I hope this works as something miracle for them, but IMO with Ash its allways a big risk to depend on him, as well as in BD nat side. btw county is way overrated in BD with all those pride sentiments, not all teams here are good side to stick with. Moreover dont wanna see too much Azhar effect on him as I'm more BC fan then county.
whats wrong with azhar effect?..he is a very good player..and they played in the BPL together
Old May 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
whats wrong with azhar effect?..he is a very good player..and they played in the BPL together
Sry in advance 4 bit off-topic- Azhar Mahmood is a backstabber Pakistani now a changed British citizen, a freelancer also even willing to play for England side. Not a good example or motivator to be supported with due to his ill-patriotic act. No offence in his being picked in pro teams like DG/KXIP/Auckland/Kent, but no respect from me here.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Sry in advance 4 bit off-topic- Azhar Mahmood is a backstabber Pakistani now a changed British citizen, a freelancer also even willing to play for England side. Not a good example or motivator to be supported with due to his ill-patriotic act. No offence in his being picked in pro teams like DG/KXIP/Auckland/Kent, but no respect from me here.
What did he do to you? As if we won't take the opportunity to go to a different country to pursue our career.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Ash ke nibe na 95% sure.
Old May 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Alright guys let him get signed first before we start thinking about the "rebirth" of Ash. It's unfair to have these expectations on Ash again. Let's see what happens.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:35 PM

As h got a hat-trick!? WOW! Very interesting...
If he plays for Kent, I see Ash coming back in national T20 squad...
Old May 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
As h got a hat-trick!? WOW! Very interesting...
If he plays for Kent, I see Ash coming back in national T20 squad...
it was not a hattrick he took 3 wickets 4.3 overs with 3 maiden. Still a very good performance.

http://blackheath.play-cricket.com/s...sp?id=11408991
Old May 25, 2012, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

YAY! Our Ash has been made fun of for long enough. Some achievements will obviously do him good
Old May 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Good news for every1. I hope he utilizes this opportunity.
Some few good knocks can catch the attention of BCB. Who knows.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont care whether Ash comes back to Nat squad or not. Its a huge thing for BD cricket as he will be only the 3rd Bangladeshi player to play in the County provided he is signed by Kent. Best of luck Ashraful.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
I dont care whether Ash comes back to Nat squad or not. Its a huge thing for BD cricket as he will be only the 3rd Bangladeshi player to play in the County provided he is signed by Kent. Best of luck Ashraful.
He is already signed?
Old May 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
He is already signed?
no,mainly speculation.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

good news... good luck