facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2014, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Ever since Mr. Faruq has become the chief Selector, our team looks no longer a unite anymore. No team combination whatsoever. In every match there is new team combination. Every player is so tensed about their place in the team that they cannot concentrate on the game. Insider news, Mr. Faruq is the one who did not bother to consult with Mushy and Coaches.

Since coach and captain decides game plan, strategy, they should be given more importance in squad selection. Selectors' duty is to find best possible players according to team management's game plan. If team management think we should play with 3 spinners then selectors duty is to select more spinners, if team management thinks more pacers will be good then that is. So, making decision without consulting with captain & coaches is not fair. None's job is mutually exclusive.

Old February 24, 2014, 07:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

MMW.....Mr Faruq will soon find a way to get his cousin in to WC2015 squad.
Old February 24, 2014, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

We know that captain was not consulted as complained by Rahim. Do you know for sure that coach was also not consulted?
Old February 24, 2014, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We know that captain was not consulted as complained by Rahim. Do you know for sure that coach was also not consulted?
Read the prthom-alo article on this thread
Old February 24, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Read the prthom-alo article on this thread
Yes I just read it. Its say coach is also mad and he disagreed with some of the selector's decision. It didn't said selectors didn't consulted with the coach also. It just says that they may not listened to coach's recommendation, which on principle they can do that i.e . not listen to all the recommendation.

Unlike Rahim, the coach is quite. How we will know that this is not part of another yellow journalism?

Also he mentioned that other players are unhappy? Just wondering who are they? Why they should be unhappy? Shouldn't they be happy that they are in Faruk's selected team? Why the reporter is spreading rumor that other players are also unhappy with the selection? Who exactly was left out? Tamim is injured, Sakib is banned, popular Mashrafee and Razzak is back, young Momin and Shamsu is there by their own merit, Anamul is there because of Wicket keeping and tamim's injury, Nobody should complain for inclusion of Nasir and Rubel. So the whole team is mad because Al-Amin and Zia is in the team instead Riyad and Safiul? Zia is not not guaranteed to play anyway.

I can see why Rahim can be mad, but the rumor that whole team is mad is baseless in my judgement, another example to yellow journalism. This doesn't make sense. They should be happy that they got another chance.
Old February 24, 2014, 11:13 PM
Administrator

I'm in agreement with Fazal. I'm not sure there are major issues with team selection. Maybe some minor quibbles but in totality it's justifiable. There's more to this than is either being reported or what's being reported is colored by some fanciful imagination.
Old February 24, 2014, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

I can see why Rahim can be mad, but the rumor that whole team is mad is baseless in my judgement, another example to yellow journalism. This doesn't make sense. They should be happy that they got another chance.
I hope your judgement comes true, that means its all part of "Yellow Journalism". Internal politics is the last thing we want in this team.
Old February 25, 2014, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Mushfiq attened meeting with Akram and Nizamuddin. Akram mentioned two things, one is interesting:

1. “The selectors should take opinions from the captain and the coach during selection. At the same time, the coach and the captain should value the selectors’ opinion. This is a matter of mutual understanding, not more than that,” Akram added.

2. "However, Akram said that even during his time there was no rule to involve the captain in the selection process."

Akram used to consult Captain and Coach as a courtesy, there was no BCB established policy or rule that states selector should do that.

Also So far Coach is staying out of it publicly. I think Mushfiq has someting to learn from his coach how to handle issues internally. Two mishaps/"lack of judgement" happened within a matter of three weeks, where he may not have followed the right protocol:

1. Outburst in media about his team mates and accusing them as not a fast learner and throwing Al-Amin under the bus.

2. Outbust in the media about Chief selector not consulting with him before announcing the team.

I think some kind of small punishment comming on his way for not following BCB protocol.
Old February 25, 2014, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Mushy's passive aggressive turn is starting to get annoying.
Old February 25, 2014, 12:24 PM
Cricket Guru

when all teams are concentrating cricket and winning games ...our team, players and captain are concentrating on politics and drama...stop this drama and concentrate on the game...I think they already gave up and now even can give up against the new comer...these players really need to be accountable for all the pay they are getting and not doing what they are suppose to do.
Old February 25, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Mushy has balls but is he going to be banned now too?
Old February 25, 2014, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Bacooler Miatta Koliza Dangor hoi. Its not only balls that is required, one needs to use his brian also.

As for Rahim, most likely (if at all) he will be slapped in the hand, more symbolic and warning than anything else. I don;t think he will be banned,

But one thing is clear is that he is making enemies within BCB, not only Faruk but others also. When his performance goes down ( which may happpen to any superstar), shotru party may hit him back hard. Other thing to monitor: is how long they keep Anamul as the wicketkeeper. Is it a temporary solution (what is supposed to be), or it turns out to be a permanent solution?
Old February 25, 2014, 05:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

It is more than courtesy to consult the captain for a selection process. The consultation becomes even more important when the gap between two series are so little. The captain has an on field understanding of the squad. Its the captain that everyone blames first not the selectors no matter how much we cry over the selection process.

Faruk didnt care about consulting the captain, the captain didnt care about hiding the tension behind. Its a fair game. While there is no policy of consulting the captain, i am not aware of any policy which prevents the captain from expressing his shock on a selection matter.

He is the most successful captain. Management are much better off him than Shakib who A) refusing to take leadership, B) Gets banned for inappropriate action C) Not even in form

or Tamim who has 20 times the temper issue and soon might struggle to make the squad.

or Mashrafe who only plays limited over cricket.
Old February 25, 2014, 07:58 PM
Cricket Sage

More information about today's meeting

Few interesting quotes:

1. About code of conduct: "We held a type of a hearing with Mushfiqur," Akram said. "We sat with him first. We discussed the code of conduct, his communication gap with Faruque bhai. We talked to both about these issues.

2. About who is ultimately responsible for what: "During my time as a chief selector, there was no provision for the selectors to select the team along with the captain. Similarly, the captain doesn't have to take the selectors' suggestion when he picks up the playing XI. It is a matter of understanding, that the selectors and captain take each others' opinion when picking a squad and a playing XI."

"I think the BCB president explained it very well yesterday: we make the 15, captain makes the eleven. That is how we made the team. We understood that the coach knew some of the captain's opinions," he said.

3. Clarification about if coach was consulted or not: "When we made this team, we had a long discussion with the coach," Faruque said. "We understood that since the coach attended, he was representing the captain too. When we do discussion on playing XI, it is not necessary that all three selectors attend the meetings. If I attend, then I am representing the selection committee"

From #3, its clear that prothom Alo wrongly reported that coach was not consulted.

Now should we also believe in Prothom Alo about their claim that all the players were not happy about the team selection? its your call. But as for me, I smelled "Yellow Journalism" before and now I have more reason to believe that.
Old February 25, 2014, 08:08 PM
Test Cricketer

^^
If this is how it is done, then Mushy needs schooling before going basaltic again.