facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

Beating my own drum here, but you guys have to give me this, I was pretty much on the money in predicting the outcome of the 3rd ODI....

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
2 reasons, why I think Zunaed might be dropped today.....

1. The pace scenario looks bleak, so, boost the varied spin.
2. Mehrab can bat a bit also.

Looking at the team performances so far, batting is not the worry spot, largely due to the flat deck and to inept fielding to some degree. I'll confess: I am worried about today's match. I am thinking we might even lose.

First, The Vermulen-S.Williams-Taylor-Chigumbura batting - They don't seem to see any demons in our spin. As a matter of fact, 3 of the 4 belted us pretty good in the last match.

Second, they are talking about including another quickie to help Rainsford. If these guys can direct just a few snorters towards the green helmets - big problem. Once these guys start bending their backs, anything can happen.

Statistical reality is, if Shakib had scored his famous century with even twice the number of deliveries in the last match- we would have still called it a "fantastic knock". Although, that would have meant we would have lost the match. One express train from Magura made all the difference.

The same statistical reality says, can't count on Shakib or Tamim to come good today, once again.

Hmm...may be a Mehrab-Mushfiq type late, face-saving partnership will come in handy...

Old August 14, 2009, 01:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Lolz.. Your predictiion came true..

ora ekta bowler add korse to arekta ke use e korenai.. Riyad ke tobu 2 over er jonne korse...!
Old August 14, 2009, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
It started from Mehrab jnr. being spiritually moved and having a calm approach in everything....and it's ended (well, not really; still moving pretty fast) in the logic behind existence of God! You have some good points but for a topic quite too much extended from what actually was to be talked about here......Let's quit here, sir; shall we? ...Ar Mehraibbare, eto ashar protidan diti parli na re!!
the way I see it...it started with off topic religious discussion in the context of this forum and it;s ending right there. and yes we shall stop
Old August 14, 2009, 04:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Requires some serious introspection there, bro.
yeah, just because I don't agree with you, I must not have any justification behind my spiritual standpoint. is that what you are implying? in that case; you just proved the part u bolded in my post; "False arrogance", sense of superirity over others based on nothing, thinking you have exclusive right to truth

this is not the first time I've been challenged about my belief and everytime I get challenged it makes my belief stronger. Because I have no book to refer to justify my belief, it's all within me. You want logic/stats/evidence to justify my points...I'll gladly provide them...but this is not the place for it. This is a public forum and I'm not trying to convert anyone to my belief. no one should.
Old August 15, 2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

I dont know why, but when Mehrab batted against Sri Lanka ( the test matches) he looked so good and batted aggressively. He sweeped Murali's bowling almost every other ball. But then he got out after 28 runs. But on the previous ODI he missed way too many shots.

AS for his bowling, this is a batting track and you cant blame a part-time bowler for not getting any wickets. Ten ten overs he gave 56 whil Sakib gave 65. SAkib wouldnt have gotten any wickets if he didnt bowl that last over. ANd btw any bowler good have gotten those last two wickets. The Zims didnt care if they got out. THey just wanted to hit sixes the last over.

Last edited by chol_bd123; August 15, 2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old August 15, 2009, 07:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

May Allah(swt) open people's heart and Eliminate Biased hatred from the chests of mankind...
Old August 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
May Allah(swt) open people's heart and Eliminate Biased hatred from the chests of mankind...
I totally agree with you
Old August 15, 2009, 09:22 PM
Test Cricketer

may mankind rise above blind faith and open their minds to logic and knowledge over ignorance.
Old August 15, 2009, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

May this thread be locked.
Old August 15, 2009, 10:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Ex-ICL-ers, no?
Once an ICL-er is always an ICL-er
Old August 15, 2009, 11:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!

Amar ek junior friend'er bachcha-kaler bondhu holo Mehrab. Here's a few of his personal pictures:

His bats (from 2008):

Mehrab with his pals:
Old August 15, 2009, 11:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Willes Little Flower's 2004 O'Level Batch Reunion:

Old August 16, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow, Mehrab Sing's pretty well, Nice Accent mate!

Old August 16, 2009, 01:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

He bowled well enough on Friday. Batting wise, he is what he is. Can't blame the rickshaw for not being a Maruti Suzuki. The real question should be, unless he has been selected a specialized bowler, how can someone with numbers and limitations like him be selected for an International side, any format, in the first place? His recent form (last 10 innings) after Friday's batting display:

Mehrab Hossain: RPI 10.5 ... FRPI 7.8 ... SR 43.0 ... CSR 39.9 ... SRO 6.3% ... SRC 0.0%

Quote:
1. RPI: Just runs per innings, not counting not outs in the traditional manner.
2. FRPI: Filtered runs per innings, dropped the highest and lowest scores to get a better idea of consistency.
3. SR: Overall strike rate.
4. CSR: Current strike rate.
5. SRO: Success rate overall, 50+ scores considered success, and looking at the top batsmen in world cricket, 30.0%+ or at least 3 out of 10 is considered excellent.
6. SRC: Success rate current.
His numbers were actually worse than that before the 25. Bat in hand, he's not Rajin Saleh 2.0, rather Rajin is Merab 2.0.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 16, 2009 at 01:29 AM..
Old August 16, 2009, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan

He's a good singer..the tone of his voice kinda reminds me of an american Idol Contestant from a few seasons back...Jason Castro.

Now back to cricket related skills, he should never ne considered for ODIs again. There are so many batsmen before him that should get the call incase a regualr is injured or out of form. S. Nafees, Aftab, Alok even nafis Iqbal. For tests, he should be in the squad...but should only play if we are playing a very strong side and "Ijjot bachano" is the main priority...kinda like what Gullu used to do for us.
Old August 16, 2009, 01:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I love his trademark shot (attention: EA Sports): charging down the pitch to pad up ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 16, 2009, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger_Tiger
Amar ek junior friend'er bachcha-kaler bondhu holo Mehrab. Here's a few of his personal pictures:
Thanks for sharing, TT.
Old August 16, 2009, 02:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan

Got great cheer leading skills.
Old August 17, 2009, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Why this individual thread for Mehrab? He did something extra ordinary in cricket?
Old August 17, 2009, 06:12 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

Regardless the religion, ethic... we have to remember we are under one umbrella as Bangladeshi! Obviously that his personal matter whether he is religious or not. We should not make any comment or critics about this. But I can't believe how come till he is playing for BD cricket. Because he is pretty ordinary so far!!! He needs to prove himself very well before enter national arena!
Old August 17, 2009, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

As a cricketer, I hope he does well, he has plenty of talent.

As for his beard, i'm not so sure that it is particularly brave of him, in fact it's pretty normal these days for cricketers to be sporting "islamic" beards.

Most of the Pakistan team do it as does hashim Amla (my favourite south african cricketer for his calm demeanour) and Yussuf Abdalla. Even young England players like Moeen ali and Bilal Shafayat comfortably sport beards and take breaks for namaz in county cricket.

If he was working as a stock broker for merril lynch on wall street or working at a Kwik-E mart in Texas and sported that beard, now that would be brave...
Old August 17, 2009, 01:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
As a cricketer, I hope he does well, he has plenty of talent.

As for his beard, i'm not so sure that it is particularly brave of him, in fact it's pretty normal these days for cricketers to be sporting "islamic" beards.

Most of the Pakistan team do it as does hashim Amla (my favourite south african cricketer for his calm demeanour) and Yussuf Abdalla. Even young England players like Moeen ali and Bilal Shafayat comfortably sport beards and take breaks for namaz in county cricket.

If he was working as a stock broker for merril lynch on wall street or working at a Kwik-E mart in Texas and sported that beard, now that would be brave...
very solid point...

Islamic Revival Movement in the 21st century is quite admirable and well-noted!!!
Old August 18, 2009, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Im glad my boy got a game today. Hope he gets a 5er and scores a 100 with a 150 SR.

Dollar drops a sitter!
Old August 18, 2009, 04:12 AM
Cricket Legend

mehrab needs to go back and play local cricket, he simply is not good enough to get a place in the national team. maybe after a few years he can get a look. nothing to do with his dari or paijama though, he just doesnt have the quality.
Old August 18, 2009, 05:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
mehrab needs to go back and play local cricket, he simply is not good enough to get a place in the national team. maybe after a few years he can get a look. nothing to do with his dari or paijama though, he just doesnt have the quality.

lol. We shouldnt write him off though.