facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2014, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Bangladeshi Third Umpires!! Losers!!

We consistently see Bangladeshi third umpires giving wrong decisions against our team. The first one in the current series was in the 1st T20 match. The third umpire didn't give no ball off the last delivery which was above waist high which costed us the match. The more uglier one is in the current first match against Shamsur Rahman where it was almost clear that his feet were grounded while the bell was dislodged. All the commentators including SriLankan ones were sure that that was could not be given OUT! But the umpire did it!

We have seen similar mistakes in the past a lot of times by Bangladeshi third umpires. While we normally see third umpires from host countries give decisions in their team favor, I failed to see the mindset of our umpires. Why do they always like to give decisions against our teams? Why BCB does propose these losers as match officials?

Old February 17, 2014, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

In the past, yes, we've seen wrong decisions given against us whether it's first or third umpire and Bangladeshi or not. And it continues to be a problem. But both of the calls talked about in the OP were correct decisions. There's no issue here except for bias.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
In the past, yes, we've seen wrong decisions given against us whether it's first or third umpire and Bangladeshi or not. And it continues to be a problem. But both of the calls talked about in the OP were correct decisions. There's no issue here except for bias.
So you are claiming that both decision were correct ones?

Let me remind you the rules regarding this. YOU HAVE TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE BEFORE GIVING OUT! ANY CONFUSION WILL GO IN FAVOR OF THE BATSMAN.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

The replay clearly showed in a frozen frame Shamsur's left was grounded as his shoe was bent from touching the ground. It was very clear and several replays confirmed it.

Yes, one wrong decision can cost a game. That's exactly what happened today.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Several bouncers were not called a wide or NO ball by Saikat. At the end, all these wrong decisions went against us.

Saikat already cost us one T20. I hope someone throws rotten eggs to all over his body.

I hope BCB fires all these loser umpires.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

Our players big time losers. So Umpires also follows them. Whats wrong with it?? They deserve such decision.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The biggest losers are our players.

Who made Mushy, Gazi play such atrocious shots. Why was our RBW so bad?
Old February 17, 2014, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t20lover
Our players big time losers. So Umpires also follows them. Whats wrong with it?? They deserve such decision.
What sort of rubbish reasoning is that? This is cricket, not some sort of karmic game or something were it's all supposed to be evened out. Third ump. especially has all the time in the world to make the decisions, they're paid for that. Rest of them screwing up is entirely different issue. You can criticize them for that, but how does that make rubbish umpiring OK?
Old February 17, 2014, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think the benefit of the doubt should have been given to the batsman for the run out...also lets not forget Shuvo shouldnt have let his bat go like that

however the main losers are the Bangladeshi players...they played wrecklessly and missed catches...
Old February 17, 2014, 10:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

third umpire manager brought in to explain shuvo's run out decision..And he got scold from everyone, couldn't get a chance to speak.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Our players suck big time. They are to blame for losing this match. But does this take lessen the bad umpiring fault?

Third umpiring concept was introduced in cricket so that the chance of wrong decisions is reduced. If there is even a bit of doubt then the decisions have to go in favor of batting team. Our umpires clearly act against this eternal concept of umpiring. These days I started to feel these kinda errors are intentional. We must be vocal against it.
Old February 17, 2014, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think the benefit of the doubt should have been given to the batsman for the run out...also lets not forget Shuvo shouldnt have let his bat go like that

however the main losers are the Bangladeshi players...they played wrecklessly and missed catches...
We are not talking here about the reasons of today's defeat. Let's not mix things up. We are talking about the wrong drcisions, umpiring approach and their possible impact on the match.
Old February 17, 2014, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

I am so shocked, upset by these morons. To me it's only myself to blame for this dreadful loss. Why I keep following cricket? Why? Why get the bullet over and over again?

I am so much frustrated, lost my speech after witnessing this moronic performance by the upmire and our beloved players.

100-2 to 167 all out! Can you believe this?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 17, 2014, 11:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I am so shocked, upset by these morons. To me it's only myself to blame for this dreadful loss. Why I keep following cricket? Why? Why get the bullet over and over again?

I am so much frustrated, lost my speech after witnessing this moronic performance by the upmire and our beloved players.

100-2 to 167 all out! Can you believe this?
Cos BD cricket is a drug. Addictive.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

So basically from 13 we have started playing against 14 ppl in the field.. the third umpire also joined the party...
Old February 17, 2014, 12:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Saikat already cost us one T20. I hope someone throws rotten eggs to all over his body.
Just make sure they don't miss and pelt the Lankan team bus instead!

That is if the Lankans can afford a bus in the first place.
Old February 18, 2014, 05:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Just make sure they don't miss and pelt the Lankan team bus instead!

That is if the Lankans can afford a bus in the first place.
Sorry? Care to explain?
Old February 18, 2014, 06:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:

third umpire manager brought in to explain shuvo's run out decision..And he got scold from everyone, couldn't get a chance to speak.
LOL - this could only happen in Bangladesh. bechara probably would lose his job too but deservedly - just stick to domestics. .. Even my 5 year old daughter knew it was NOT OUT!

players, umpires, captain, managers, selectors shobula ghadhar dol!
Old February 18, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

made my day
Old February 18, 2014, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

He should be out for good. If you don't know the rule should not be umpire.

And people here talking about the players fault please don't. There is other thread to prove your point.
Old February 18, 2014, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Ditto to SMHasan.

It feels more like a Paki match.
Old February 19, 2014, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Be happy that it was not moni who was umpiring. Atleast with these umpires we got an LBW or 2 in favor, Moni woudn't even raise that DREADED finger of his.

It's BCB's fault to allow these kind of umpires to take field. Not saying that the players are getting an excuse for playing like crap, this is an umpire bashing thread so yea BCB get proper umpires instead of B'deshi crappy umpires. Bangladesh'er Players ra crap, umpire ra crap ... whole cricket system is crap!!!
Old February 19, 2014, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I was never strongly against bd umpires despite they make deliberate wanna neutral trend mistakes. But this time shamsur's runout was total shock for me. How dumb and and idiot could give that one runout as being tv umpire. That umpire should be fined and banned from umpiring.
Talking about lbw decisions I can accept those which are belong to field umpire, unless u r having drs.
Old February 19, 2014, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Man everyone in this country are such loosers... at work I see everyday desis looking up to europeans/ americans for every single decision, then the security guards give a big salute and hold elevator door for any random white person while ignoring others, the immigration officer at Dhaka airport takes hours to clear fellow citizens while smiling and stamping foreigners in a second.

So it's not a surprise that third umpires have the same mentality.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Man everyone in this country are such loosers... at work I see everyday desis looking up to europeans/ americans for every single decision, then the security guards give a big salute and hold elevator door for any random white person while ignoring others, the immigration officer at Dhaka airport takes hours to clear fellow citizens while smiling and stamping foreigners in a second.

So it's not a surprise that third umpires have the same mentality.
I think we get your point by now. You've repeated your complaint about double standards at Bangladeshi airports in at least three different threads.