facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

Default Less expectations, Less frustration.

Like all Bangladesh's supporters I was distraught and flabbergasted after the last game.

With Bangladesh's recent peformance prior to the World Cup, one's expecations could only have been quite high.

The players for tournament did not seem ready mentally or physically,Tamim looks like he has even gained a few pounds and doesnt look like his old self. Other players like Junaeed and Kayes also look lathargic. The team doesnt even come to the field with a positive body language. Razzak looks like he has no clur of what he is doing.

But personally I think that the team has been overconfident and so have been the supporters. The team only has 2 decent players and a few that need a few years before they can come good and the others are there to make up the numbers.

Last game was just a reality check.

Old March 5, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

How can just one really bad game change our opinions to this extent?

Remind me of the last game (ODI or test) that we were as awful as this one? I bet you will have to rewind back quite a bit.

Keep the hopes up.
Old March 5, 2011, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The last time we scored below 100 was against New Zealand. 31st December 2007

All out for 93.

New Zealand won by 10 wickets with 264 balls to spare.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/match/300428.html
Old March 5, 2011, 03:25 PM
Club Cricketer

I am frustrated not for 58 al out BUT for SHAMIM..as long as SHAMIM is there, we have no hope. EVen we have less expectation, but SHAMIM will come back to my dream as a worst nightmare.
Old March 5, 2011, 05:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
Like all Bangladesh's supporters I was distraught and flabbergasted after the last game.

With Bangladesh's recent peformance prior to the World Cup, one's expecations could only have been quite high.

The players for tournament did not seem ready mentally or physically,Tamim looks like he has even gained a few pounds and doesnt look like his old self. Other players like Junaeed and Kayes also look lathargic. The team doesnt even come to the field with a positive body language. Razzak looks like he has no clur of what he is doing.

But personally I think that the team has been overconfident and so have been the supporters. The team only has 2 decent players and a few that need a few years before they can come good and the others are there to make up the numbers.

Last game was just a reality check.
I am not sure if the players were over-confident or not. But media, and the fans were definitely over-confident. I think media, and specially journalists like Utpol shuvro, have got to take a lot of blame for over-hyping the team. The media over-hyped Ashrfaful and he is destroyed. I hope Shakib does not meet the same fate. Look at that stupid bank ad where everyone wants to name their children as Shakib Al Hasan. Shakib is surely more professional. But still, there is a limit to it. Ei bhabe mathai uthai nachle it is bound to have some negative repercussions. When I saw that ad, I really felt like opening a thread in BC against it.
Old March 5, 2011, 05:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

it's simple, none of the fans would have been angry if we at least, at least, went over the 100 mark and got all out around 150 or so, if we scored 150 and lost then it would have been a lengthy-enough battle at least... the game was over in the blink of an eye.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

The WC expose the fact that BD is a toddler in the land of giants. We the fans were high on beating a formless NZ and minnow Zimbabwe.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
The WC expose the fact that BD is a toddler in the land of giants. We the fans were high on beating a formless NZ and minnow Zimbabwe.
Yea the same formless NZ which was ranked 2nd in odis and had beaten ind by 200 just prior to BD tour...
Old March 5, 2011, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

india won 5-0 after bangladesh 4-0 with NZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Yea the same formless NZ which was ranked 2nd in odis and had beaten ind by 200 just prior to BD tour...
Old March 5, 2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Formless is right, Even India's C team whitewashed them.Where even the captain Dhoni didn't play. And 2nd ranked? that was ages ago.
We have been giving too much credit to the Cricket team and the players have been taking them.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
I am not sure if the players were over-confident or not. But media, and the fans were definitely over-confident. I think media, and specially journalists like Utpol shuvro, have got to take a lot of blame for over-hyping the team. The media over-hyped Ashrfaful and he is destroyed. I hope Shakib does not meet the same fate. Look at that stupid bank ad where everyone wants to name their children as Shakib Al Hasan. Shakib is surely more professional. But still, there is a limit to it. Ei bhabe mathai uthai nachle it is bound to have some negative repercussions. When I saw that ad, I really felt like opening a thread in BC against it.
I quite agree wih the BD media comment of them transforming players into demi Gods. Same thing happened to Indian team in 2007 and look at the end result.

Ashraful's demise was partly the media's fault. When Ashraful doesnt perform then the whole finger is pointed on him whereas there have always been underperformers in the team who never been scrutinized as much as he is. All this is because of those high expectations.

A few days ago there was a celebration type of thread where BD team went aboveWest Indies because West Indies lost a match. The last match just demonstrates that BD is not yet ready to earn that spot.
Old March 6, 2011, 09:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Formless is right, Even India's C team whitewashed them.Where even the captain Dhoni didn't play. And 2nd ranked? that was ages ago.
We have been giving too much credit to the Cricket team and the players have been taking them.
agree
Old March 6, 2011, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

keep the hope brother. we might have played bad, but we will bounce back sharp. we will not play this bad. it was a truly bad day for us. but we will bounce back!
Old March 6, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i cant help myself but just expect...
Old March 6, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
How can just one really bad game change our opinions to this extent?

Remind me of the last game (ODI or test) that we were as awful as this one? I bet you will have to rewind back quite a bit.

Keep the hopes up.
ya,this type of mentality frustrates me more than a bad match.
apart from last match I don't see anything wrong with our p^layers body language or fitness.
But ya the expectation was high,shld hv been less.
But except last match & poor bttng against Ireland nothing disappointed me.
We need to look forward and have faith on them.
Old March 6, 2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

I am sure bd will not score this lowly however the team doesnt look focused and fit.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 6, 2011, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I always support BD, but if they win, I rejoice, when they lose I feel sad for them, but the greatest sadness I felt was the way they capitulated against the WI, I never in a million years expected a devastating defeat like that. I still have a hole in my heart.