facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doeschate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Are you a christian?
nop hindu but christ was true not imagination

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old September 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrithik
nop hindu but christ was true not imagination

I know. He's known as Isa Alaihi wa sallam in Islam. But my question wasn't that & if you believe in him then... Oh well forget it. Don't want to provoke any controversy.

Last edited by Habib; September 26, 2010 at 01:18 PM..
Old September 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doeschate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I know. He's Isa Alaihi wa sallam in Islam. But my question wasn't that & if you believe in him then... Oh well forget it. Don't want to provoke any controversy.
i used to read in a christian missionary school thats why

i am not serious about religion tbh but pray to God

Old September 26, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

If there's no GOD, who's cranking the pi wheel? I mean, somebody gotta run that thing, and no mere mortal can do that.

On a different note, existence of god is conditional. We usually find him out when we're in trouble. After the storm is over, we don't need an omnipotent shepherd anymore.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

http://www.dpjs.co.uk/blasphemy.html
Old September 29, 2010, 10:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Can I take the life-line 50-50?
Old September 29, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsan
Can I take the life-line 50-50?
Is that even possible? You have to be either here or there. But hey maybe some people can believe that satan is the creator :/
Old September 29, 2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

মাথা ধরিয়ে দেবার মতো বোরিং আরেকটা সুতো। মানুষ আ্যটেনশনের জন্য মরীয়া হয়ে উঠলে কতো কিই না করে....tsk tks....
Old September 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
মাথা ধরিয়ে দেবার মতো বোরিং আরেকটা সুতো। মানুষ আ্যটেনশনের জন্য মরীয়া হয়ে উঠলে কতো কিই না করে....tsk tks....
Hhahaahahahah...Masum dada ja bolechen re Billah bhai!!!
Old September 29, 2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: ALEXANDER OVECHKIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
There is no God, but Allah
Basically you are saying " there is no God, but God"... Allah means God in Arabic.
Old September 29, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
So thread opening = bringing attention to oneself?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 29, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN788
Basically you are saying " there is no God, but God"... Allah means God in Arabic.
Its a philosophical statement
Old September 29, 2010, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

For those who have any doubt I guess this is the best way to find out

Last edited by zman; September 29, 2010 at 07:58 PM..
Old September 29, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Morbidly fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
Old September 30, 2010, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I think Anti-theism and nihilism are mutually dependent world views.

Last edited by Nafi; September 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM..
Old September 30, 2010, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

While we can correctly apply logic to a lot of things in our lives, an attempt to be judgemental, utilizing logic, about the "unseen" would be premature. These logics can answer a question today, and a better one can defy it tomorrow and this is how it is going to be till the End of Days ( if you belive in it ) But what about the aspects that contradicts our logical thinking? I for one, has been a muslim-by-chance, and my limited logic sometimes also questions certain aspects of Gods existence.
However I realize that over 90% of my past questions have been answered by God, Allah and reassured by science not only by theory ( yeah I know...science, by theory only, doesnt hold water!) but also by practical applications. I think I'll continue relying on the believe that Allah exists for the other 10%. I am more logical person than the average "people of faith" my logic concurs with the tangible aspects explained by quran, and that is one of the reason why i have stronger faith about the "Unseen GOD".
Old September 30, 2010, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

A religious answer

http://www.quran434.com/Does-God-Exist.pdf

A conventional scientific answer

The laws of physics (gravity, strong nuclear force etc) are so fine-tuned, that even a small .001% change would mean life would be impossible.

It seems logical that there was a fine tuner, who designed the natural laws that shaped our universe.
Old September 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
BC Editorial Team

Where's Arnab when you need him!
Old September 30, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
A religious answer

The laws of physics (gravity, strong nuclear force etc) are so fine-tuned, that even a small .001% change would mean life would be impossible.

It seems logical that there was a fine tuner, who designed the natural laws that shaped our universe.
From a scientific point of view, one can easily argue that the nature of life it self is fine tuned for continual existence on earth and if the laws were different, life would have evolved differently.

Personally , I find it baffling that "Faith" in god is being tested by logic, when it is a known fact that faith is not derived from logic. As a faithful muslim, I see Allah everyday. I consider my continual existence nothing but a long string of miracle of Allah. Since I have faith, This statement is completely logical to me. To a faithless man, the same chain of event will be nothing but an uncorrelated mess.
Old September 30, 2010, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
From a scientific point of view, one can easily argue that the nature of life it self is fine tuned for continual existence on earth and if the laws were different, life would have evolved differently.
No that statement/argument is not true at all. We are talking about the universe not Earth, even for life to occur on Earth, undoubtedly still has to be fine tuned for it to be possible. For example if you tweak the strong nuclear force by +0.0001, then hydrogen would have disappeared too quickly to form stars, and no chance of life. If it was -.0001 then it would have been impossible for hydrogen to fuse into deuterium. Thus no heavier elements would exist and the entire universe would just be hydrogen gas, therefore no chance of life.

Quote:
Personally , I find it baffling that "Faith" in god is being tested by logic, when it is a known fact that faith is not derived from logic. As a faithful muslim, I see Allah everyday. I consider my continual existence nothing but a long string of miracle of Allah. Since I have faith, This statement is completely logical to me. To a faithless man, the same chain of event will be nothing but an uncorrelated mess.
Since you are using reasoning behind your assertion, this is not an example of faith. Faith is a belief, without any form of logical reasoning behind it.
Old September 30, 2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think Anti-theism and nihilism are mutually dependent world views.
Nicely put.
Old September 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafi, I am not talking about life on earth, or even the known universe where the laws of physics are known. Imagine what happens in an universe where physics doesn't follow the rules we know.

Citing the example you gave, you are primarily assuming that star light, or, in earth's case, solar energy is prerequisite for life. While this is true, it is also based on the assumption that life in this universe as well in any other universe has the same mechanism. It is not unlikely that in some alternate universe, there are no such this as what we call star and may be, life has grown there in a way that's simply incomprehensible from our point of view. Any way, it's just a way of saying that no logic is bulletproof.
Old September 30, 2010, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
A religious answer

Life as WE know it.

Universe is not that greatly "fine-tuned" though, buddy. Life is highly improbably everywhere else, and it is by chance that we have life here on Earth. Besides, this "fine-tuning" holds now, in this narrowest slice of time. But try to propose the same thing a some millions of years later, when the sun's energy is dissipating, or the "big-chill" from universal expansion is kicking in. Life would be improbable then, wouldn't it? Universe is constantly going towards chaos, so these constants are also changing.

Have you ever heard of the "God of the Gaps" argument? Basically, God is a glue that can seal any part of an argument with holes. Just because we can't explain this "fine-tuning" now doesn't mean there's a dude with a bunch of knobs controlling everything. Not all scientists agree to this fine-tuning, and even if they did, our knowledge of physics is so little that we don't even know what we don't know.

A believer doesn't need physical evidence of God's existence. In fact, that is the very antithesis of a believer.
Old October 1, 2010, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN788
well,a sentence witten in a certain manner can have a few meanings and this particular sentence means in straightforward language,there's no God except Allah...
Old October 1, 2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
well,a sentence witten in a certain manner can have a few meanings and this particular sentence means in straightforward language,there's no God except Allah...
in straightforward language, I'd use the word "deity" or "one worthy of worship" or "Iswhar" or "Bidhata" if conveying meaning is concerned.