facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 12, 2005, 05:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Maybe this time he really has Matured

Daily Star

Anyway what i like best about Ashrfaul is that he's not shy to talk to other players for help. He has no fear that he's just a kid compared to alot of his teammates and he has alot of Brash.

Can you tell me how many 21 year old's can have the nerve to try to talk to Sachin , Dravid and Ganguly.

Quote:
"I will definitely miss Dravid as I wanted to discuss some technical things with him because he is an absolute class player."

Quote:
After experiencing many ups and downs in his four-year career, the prodigal batsman has come to the conclusion that the best way for him is to never curb his natural style.
We all knew that 6 months ago.

Old August 12, 2005, 07:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Give me 6 month, I will comment about this after 6 months
Old August 12, 2005, 07:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

I don't think there is any need to be scared of the two [Murali and Vaas] because we have already faced them. I am really excited with the challenge.
that competitive arrogance right there mixed with his self-criticims shows he is on the right track.

remember until 96 jayasuroya averaged just 19 in ODIs, now look he scored 10K. and sachin had to wait 4 years for his first ODI ton. just like ash.
Old August 12, 2005, 11:00 PM

After reading the article in The Daily Star...it seems Ashraful has come of age. I am sure in few years he would be a household name around the world.
Old August 13, 2005, 06:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Daily Star

Anyway what i like best about Ashrfaul is that he's not shy to talk to other players for help. He has no fear that he's just a kid compared to alot of his teammates and he has alot of Brash.

Can you tell me how many 21 year old's can have the nerve to try to talk to Sachin , Dravid and Ganguly.

Quote:
"I will definitely miss Dravid as I wanted to discuss some technical things with him because he is an absolute class player."

Quote:
After experiencing many ups and downs in his four-year career, the prodigal batsman has come to the conclusion that the best way for him is to never curb his natural style.
We all knew that 6 months ago.
Don't Worry cricman! Allah Bachailey, Ashraful will be the eldest among all Test & ODI playing nation! Will force him to play at 40 years of his age, by this 19 years, w can have 50 centuries, and 15,000 Runs in both form of cricket..........
Dont worry!
Cheers!
Old August 13, 2005, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by kalpurush
After reading the article in The Daily Star...it seems Ashraful has come of age. I am sure in few years he would be a household name around the world.
House hold name hmmm some ideas...

1.Ash pocha shaban
2.Ash Tank.. chumukai tripty.. (caution: after having one test you might have to wait a year or so to have another one)
3. Ash tmarka dhao tin!!!

add on people
Old August 13, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

To me, only his batting will show how matured he is. Ash is, no doubt, highly talented, but at the same time extremely lucky to score all those big innings in NatWest series (remember how Trimlett missed his hatrick?). I have not even seen a chanceless fifty from Ash so far. If he keeps relaying on his luck so much, he will never be a consistent batsman.

Edited on, August 13, 2005, 7:30 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old August 13, 2005, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
After reading the article in The Daily Star...it seems Ashraful has learnt what to tell the sports journalists. I am sure in few years he would be a better interviewee..

Edited on, August 13, 2005, 10:08 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Old August 14, 2005, 01:35 AM

pagol-chagol...you might be right!? In time we will all know what Ashraful really is!! I think he is already a good interviewee though!!!
Old August 14, 2005, 01:48 AM

akabir 77:
Much thanks for your innovative and intellectual ideas. Just keep on the good work.
Old August 14, 2005, 06:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
To me, only his batting will show how matured he is. Ash is, no doubt, highly talented, but at the same time extremely lucky to score all those big innings in NatWest series (remember how Trimlett missed his hatrick?). I have not even seen a chanceless fifty from Ash so far. If he keeps relaying on his luck so much, he will never be a consistent batsman.

Edited on, August 13, 2005, 7:30 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Luck is somewhat part of the game! I'll never say he was EXTREMELY lucky...when a batsman bat and scores over run a ball (SR 100+) he should be excused if he plays one or two false shots! In ODI its really doesnt matter much how one gets his runs as long as he gets them big

I hope, generally speaking, in the test matches his SR doesnt exceed 55 until he has scored 70+!
Old August 17, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Here goes the great sign of Ashraful's new found maturity- hooking Pollock on the very first ball he faces!!! From the NatWest series, it is noticeable that he is really shaky on first few balls he faces, someone needs to tell him to be extra careful during this period.
Old August 17, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I don't buy any of this "playing his natural game" stuff. As long as a player is making consistently making golla's and single digit scores (consistantly inconsistant) for the national squad, no matter how talented he is, he should be in the bench. He is letting his team down his country down and his fan down by pulling. We all know Ash, bashar, Aftab, Tushar, Shahriar can pull and flash over the slip of great bowlers for 4s and 6s. But is that a good strategy for the team? No. The maturity will be tested in SL.

Edited on, August 17, 2005, 6:46 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old August 17, 2005, 02:30 PM
Cricket Sage

>>Maybe this time he really has Matured

:P
Old August 17, 2005, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Give him another 5 years then we can see .........

Aar kotha din shobur koro , roshun bunechi ........
Old August 17, 2005, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Here goes the great sign of Ashraful's new found maturity- hooking Pollock on the very first ball he faces!!! From the NatWest series, it is noticeable that he is really shaky on first few balls he faces, someone needs to tell him to be extra careful during this period.
I think he looks nervous all the time. Its just a look. Basher has that look too.

You can see Rafiq, Pilot, Aftab, Taposh and Mashrafee's eyes ooze confidence.

Ashraful looked nervous even while fielding today. He looked like a ball boy in wimbledon.
Old August 17, 2005, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
I think he looks nervous all the time. Its just a look.
I am not here talking about his look, rather the awkward way he plays his first few shots (for example: forgetting to put his bat down to block flintoff's yorker or dragging Trimlett to the stumps). I guess it is ok for Ash to play aggressive, but not in the very first over he faces.
Old August 17, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
I guess it is ok for Ash to play aggressive, but not in the very first over he faces.
Or on the very first ball not knowing how the pitch is ..... As Watmore has said he thinks he can score a boundary on every ball. Its not ODI or 20/20 its 1 ball game.
Old August 17, 2005, 11:02 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

lol that's funny..

how about Ash ghamachi powder? - "Apnar choolkooni dur korte ek nombor cHHoise!"

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
Quote:
House hold name hmmm some ideas...

1.Ash pocha shaban
2.Ash Tank.. chumukai tripty.. (caution: after having one test you might have to wait a year or so to have another one)
3. Ash tmarka dhao tin!!!

add on people
Old August 18, 2005, 03:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Ash is far from being matured. I just looked at the shot he played to get out, it was a poor effort of a good ball from a world class bowler. Does Ash think he is greater than Brain Lara or Tendulkar?
Old August 18, 2005, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Ashraful is certainly not matured yet. Playing natural game does not mean hooking A Shaun Pollock first ball in an over that already costed 2 wickets. But I find nothing wrong in NOT thinking himself worse than Brian or Sachin.

In cricket, one need hard work, good sense of playing according to the situation, some talent and most importantly 'luck' to become successful. Vinod Kambli was considered as more talented than Sachin; he certainly was; but at the end it was Sachin, who hit his first ODI century only after playing 70+ matches, to be one of the all-time greats!

Who knows, Ashraful or Aftab, or...can find themselves even at a better position at the end of their career.

Edited on, August 18, 2005, 8:42 AM GMT, by Baundule.