facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 17, 2006, 11:58 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Its a tigerwash !!

From now on, if Bangladesh can whitewash any team in the world(it doesn't matter what team it is), we'll call it:

Its a tigerwash !!

Old December 17, 2006, 12:09 PM

Hou about Mashwash or Ashwash?
Old December 17, 2006, 01:43 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

so when is the next time we are playing minnows again? until then, the more likely word that we will be using is tigerwashed, that is tigers getting whitewashed. these wins aginst minnows will only give them a false sense of security before the world cup and I'm afriad we are waiting for another disaster in making.

looking at the fans, how they gets excited about rajjak getting wickets against in minnows in sub continental pitches, and how sn scoring runs (against who again?) and thinking they have reached a new level of improvement, i can see the same things are going on in tigers' mind as well. and wc is coming very close to burst the bubble.
Old December 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Do you mean this?

Or this?

How about cat-wash!

Last edited by sadhat; December 17, 2006 at 01:52 PM..
Old December 17, 2006, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Check your grammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
so when is the next time we are playing minnows again? until then, the more likely word that we will be using is tigerwashed, that is tigers getting whitewashed. these wins aginst minnows will only give them a false sense of security before the world cup and I'm afriad we are waiting for another disaster in making.

looking at the fans, how they gets excited about rajjak getting wickets against in minnows in sub continental pitches, and how sn scoring runs (against who again?) and thinking they have reached a new level of improvement, i can see the same things are going on in tigers' mind as well. and wc is coming very close to burst the bubble.
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff! Secondly, yes all these recent wins were against teams below our ranking....but one should give Tigers the credit for beating them so convincingly. Not too long ago we had to bite our nails playing against these teams also. Please don't forget that. Yes, there are reasons for us to be cautious but not at the cost of doubting our successes.

Last edited by zia; December 17, 2006 at 02:07 PM..
Old December 17, 2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

how abt baswash(bamboo)...
Old December 17, 2006, 02:12 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff! Secondly
Well, you can expect anything you want, from me from tigers and from whoever you want, the question is do I care about writing grammatically correct sentences? do tigers care about (or the ability to care) about fans expectation? the answer is, from my part, NO.
Old December 17, 2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadhat

Do you mean this?

Or this?

How about cat-wash!

Good one! I see you are an expert on tigerwash!! You might get a new job offer from India or Srilanke soon!!?!
Old December 17, 2006, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff!
And second of all, please check the tone of your language before you post something here. You are here to participate, not correct anyone's grammar. BC staff are chosen based on their merit, not their grammar.

To everyone else: sorry for the unrelated post.
Old December 17, 2006, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the only thing that we really gained from this series is the knowledge that we are now the 9th best in the world by a fair margin. period.

while that is good, it was long overdue anyways, and i'm still waiting for a real tour to see how much actual progress, if any, that we've made over the last year or so. too bad the next real tour is the world cup.

about all these stats - it's good to see our players dominating the year with both bat and ball, which was expected given the strength of the opponents that we played most of the time. they've done their job, no more and no less. i congratulate them.

however, there are still major concerns regarding how brittle our batting back-bone is, and how our bowlers, especially the quickies, sway quite a bit in line and length every now and then. while they seemed to be getting away with most of it against zimbabwe, kenya and scotland, the same will not happen against stronger teams. any rubbish thrown at them will be duly disposed of.
Old December 17, 2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
And second of all, please check the tone of your language before you post something here. You are here to participate, not correct anyone's grammar. BC staff are chosen based on their merit, not their grammar.

Thanks, Kabir.

However, it is always good to remind people about the fundamentals of netiquette. While we all try (or at least should try) to use "proper" punctuations, grammar and spelling it is not incumbent upon us to do so. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the vast majority of participants and posters here are of Bangladeshi descent and that their first language is NOT English. And even if it weren't so, their English language skills are are just quite as good if not better than your usual English speaking denizens.

Of course, one of the most frowned upon breaches of netiquette is to use criticism of grammar as a crutch for thinking. This leads to some other etiquette rules:

Think before you speak
Try not to get banned

Cheers,
Dr Manners
Old December 17, 2006, 05:16 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
First of all please check your grammar as we expect that from you being a BC staff!
[Strong response removed: Mod]

Last edited by Zunaid; December 17, 2006 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: No need for being this intense
Old December 17, 2006, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

what the hell... Even Mr. bush can't speak english so Mr. zia go and tell him that...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 17, 2006, 10:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Sorry!

You can write in Bangla if you want. That will be most welcome! Why do we have the Bangla option then?

Last edited by zia; December 17, 2006 at 10:10 PM..
Old December 17, 2006, 10:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
what the hell... Even Mr. bush can't speak english so Mr. zia go and tell him that...
Please refrain from personal attacks as the Gurus have outlined above, buddy.

Last edited by zia; December 17, 2006 at 10:11 PM..
Old December 17, 2006, 10:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Merit??

Quote:

How do you judge merit, if I may ask you sir?
Old December 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Bangladesh has improved...these 'tigerwashes' arent totally USELESS as many think.
Remember the WC back in 03? We were quite certain that we'll loose against Kenya that time..but now if we go play Kenya we are 99.9% sure that we'll win.
What do you call that? "KENYA" being soft on us?
or Bangladesh improved?
I would say Bangladesh improved.
So yeah we .. as well as the players..can be really delighted to the fact of our improvement..and WAIT for the big teams..not just whine now that we are only beating the minnows recently.
Old December 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
You can write in Bangla if you want. That will be most welcome! Why do we have the Bangla option then?
His writing in any condition is welcome by most BC members, staff, mods, and admins. It's his choice whether he writes in English or Bangla. He already has his options, so you may want to refrain from giving yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
How do you judge merit, if I may ask you sir?
Yes you may, but I'm not obliged to answer this. However, I'll give you an important requirement. #1 criteria depends on how well you argue about the contents of a post, and not the person who posted. And if someone's language is not clear enough (which in his case was perfectly clear), then refrain from personal attacks.

For next time, PM me or the staff members for clerifications, and let this thread keep its focus.
Old December 17, 2006, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
His writing in any condition is welcome by most BC members, staff, mods, and admins. It's his choice whether he writes in English or Bangla. He already has his options, so you may want to refrain from giving yours.

Yes you may, but I'm not obliged to answer this. However, I'll give you an important requirement. #1 criteria depends on how well you argue about the contents of a post, and not the person who posted. And if someone's language is not clear enough (which in his case was perfectly clear), then refrain from personal attacks.

For next time, PM me or the staff members for clerifications, and let this thread keep its focus.
Nobody obliged you to answer anything he was just asking something and if you feel like answering then only answer, there is no need to answer in such arrogant language. But I agree grammer is not important here, its a cricket forum not a english language forum. :pIt was expected that we would tigerwash Scotland so it is nothing important. It will be a day to celebrate when we tigerwash a better opponent.

Last edited by cricketboy; December 18, 2006 at 01:21 AM..
Old December 18, 2006, 12:02 AM

What is 'Tiger wash'?! winning one match in a series? ... I am in in that case.
Old December 18, 2006, 01:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Mr. Kabir, do you think that is an appropriate tone to take to any BC member? Members are not BC staff's junior level employees. I thought members would be more close to customers, rather than employees. We see in Bangladesh all the time how large companies treat their customers and in discussions we give examples about how the western world treats customers. BC being a forum created and participated by a lot of Expats and Foreigners, I expected the BC Staff members to be more professional.

By the way ... I did not like Zia's posting either and not trying to defend him. But Zia is just one of several thousand members .... it hurts more to see the BC staffs response.
Old December 18, 2006, 01:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Somehow I dont like the word Whitewash or Tigerwash. It sounds very offensive. Specially., if it is used in the prizing giving ceremony. (The host Mr. Alfaz did use whitewash words several time in the prizegiving ceremony after 2nd ODI in BTV). Mr. Alfaz was pathetic as his employer BTV. This word should never be used on an official level. I wonder if Mr. Alfaz knows about it?.. Very Pathetic.
Old December 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
Somehow I dont like the word Whitewash or Tigerwash. It sounds very offensive. Specially., if it is used in the prizing giving ceremony. (The host Mr. Alfaz did use whitewash words several time in the prizegiving ceremony after 2nd ODI in BTV). Mr. Alfaz was pathetic as his employer BTV. This word should never be used on an official level. I wonder if Mr. Alfaz knows about it?.. Very Pathetic.
Is that true. Oi gdhata ghadha i roia galo...
Old December 18, 2006, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
Please refrain from personal attacks as the Gurus have outlined above, buddy.
That was not an attack that was a suggestion.
Old December 18, 2006, 10:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Ohh God!I started reading the thread with some bright mode and evantually ended up in a sad,bad trail where people are attacking and discussing about others rather than cricket.

I should better go away before someone attacks me (or it is inevitable as I have already written something?!)....