facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2007, 05:26 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default India fears security threat for cricket team for upcoming Bangladesh series

Here's a Indiatimes report

Quote:
Security threat to Indian team?
NEW DELHI, April 14: Indian government fear that the Men in Blue might face a security threat during their tour to Bangladesh as the country is currently facing a major political crisis. The Indian team is scheduled to begin its tour on May 7, 2007.

Bangladesh is currently going through a phase of political turmoil with the country under emergency rule. It is in this turbulent time that the Indian team is being asked to tour Bangladesh from the May 10 to the May 29.

According to the Times Now, intelligence reports by Indian officials in Bangladesh have expressed apprehensions over Indian cricket team's upcoming tour.

It is even believed that in a report the Research and Analysis Wing officials has pointed out to large scale emergency-like conditions prevailing in almost all the major cities of Bangladesh, where the Indian team is slated to play.

In response the home ministry is likely to send a three member team of Intelligence Bureau officials to Dhaka next week. A final decision under all probability will be taken then.

The Indian team has previously been under threats from the Lashkar while Sri Lanka toured India. Security concerns were also raised when a fan got too close to coach Greg Chappell in Cuttack. Star Indian players like Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly have been given Z category covers because of the threat perception.
And here's BCB response

Quote:
“Nothing to worry”

TIMES NOW spoke to Bangladesh Cricket CEO, Mohd-ur-Rehman who said there was nothing to worry abut the Team’s security.

“Bangladesh political crisis has nothing to do with the security of Indian players and all the security protocols will be followed when Team India will be in our county,” Rehman said adding that no intelligence agency has contacted them yet.

About the recent Bird flu scare, Rehman clarified that the flu crisis has been fully contained and that the dietary requirements issued by Indian officials for Team India will be strictly adhered to.

Old April 14, 2007, 06:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... When whole world went to india play ICC trophy.. there were news about Dengu, and even Bird flu!!.. god knows how many others terrorist threats!!
But that didn't matter..now when bangladesh is passing through one of it's best time in tearms of home security .. Indian press tryin to make up some issues!!..
Old April 14, 2007, 06:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... When whole world went to india play ICC trophy.. there were news about Dengu, and even Bird flu!!.. god knows how many others terrorist threats!!
But that didn't matter..now when bangladesh is passing through one of it's best time in tearms of home security .. Indian press tryin to make up some issues!!..
Really quite surprised to see the Indian response. Bangladesh is currently enjoying best law and order situation for about a decade.

IMO, Indian government is putting unnecessary pressure in the mindset of fragile "Team India".
Old April 14, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Come on guys! Dont u get it? They are scared of us...so they are trying to come up with excuses not to play us....
Old April 14, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Where did bird flu come from? Are they actually using that as an excuse? Jokers!!

actually it makes sense as the whole Indian team is too chicken to play BD, so they might actually catch the bird flu...

As for security... "state of emergency" means "actions are taken to bring bring things in order".. so it should be safer than any other time... Indian criccketers are in danger only in one place... and that's in India...

No other country really cares... they are in danger.. my foot..
Old April 14, 2007, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

What a load of garbage from the Indians! Pathetic!
Old April 14, 2007, 07:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Indians seem genuinely scared of playing Bangladesh. After the South Africa match the Indians figured that they are in for some difficult games ahead. If they loose a few matches in Bangladesh, how much damage does that do to their image?
Old April 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Looks like this time it's the Indian intelligence officials with their concerns and not the BCCI.

BTW, is it just me or is it THE WORST TIME TO PLAY CRICKET IN BD. It's May for god sake. It's gonna be very hot and humid. What the hell were they thinking. I know the Indian team is busy all year and this is the only time they have, but still why even plan a tour in this weather. But honestly, I'm worried about the player's health (both Indian and Bangladeshi players). They'll probably need to have 5 drinks breaks for every 50 overs.
Old April 14, 2007, 07:53 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Security Threat could be after they go back! People will kill them when they lose the series against BD this time
Old April 14, 2007, 08:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

This is just an example of how some Indians like to look down upon us (Bangladesh). Political problems, bird flue, etc etc. Every country has problems. Health problems, political problems and security problems. You think Indian doesn't have them. That's like BD intelligence officials saying, oh we are worried about our players getting infected with HIV when they travel to India because of it's high share of HIV positive population. I hope that's never the case because that would be very ignorant and arrogant thing to say.

So this is just an example of how some Indians like to look down upon us and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Where did bird flu come from? Are they actually using that as an excuse? Jokers!!

actually it makes sense as the whole Indian team is too chicken to play BD, so they might actually catch the bird flu...

As for security... "state of emergency" means "actions are taken to bring bring things in order".. so it should be safer than any other time... Indian criccketers are in danger only in one place... and that's in India...

No other country really cares... they are in danger.. my foot..
Old April 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
Test Cricketer

The only thing that won't be secured for India in this tour is victory over Bangladesh.
Old April 14, 2007, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Ohhhhh

Yeah please don't come. We are known as Dhaka by Day and Bagdad by night.

Bunch of chickens?

Only when Hasina is in power then india have no fear else its war going on here.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; April 14, 2007 at 12:29 PM..
Old April 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

{edited for the fear of a verbal backlash}

Last edited by layperson; April 14, 2007 at 10:23 AM..
Old April 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

hahaa...indian board is coming up w/ new excuses. I really believe they are scared of their team cause if some how we win the ODI series...they will have to go back to the drawing board again which they dont want.
Old April 14, 2007, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

I'm not calling him Indian. Where did you get that from? I was just replying to his post about the Indians. Hmm, looks you'll get a thrashing from him!
Old April 14, 2007, 10:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

This clearly shows that Indian are scared of us! trust me its just an excuse not to play BD!!!
Old April 14, 2007, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks god. I thought BCB was going to cancel this tour becasue our player needed some rest after this long wc tour.But i am happy that India came up with the reasons.Now BCB should make a official announcement to cancel the tour and give our players a long vacation.They really need it.
Old April 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

...and the excuses get underway. this is getting funny
Old April 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
I'm not calling him Indian. Where did you get that from? I was just replying to his post about the Indians. Hmm, looks you'll get a thrashing from him!
You quoted him saying thats how Indians look down upon us so I thought you were implying he was Indian.Moreover things did not add up because he was not bashing BD. All this confusion because you quoted him. I edited my post. Thanks
Old April 14, 2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Security problem? I see. Shak Diye Mach Dhakar Opchesta Boiki. Actually loosers should admit the plain truth: Tendu Dangu Dhoni Vheeru do not have the courage to face the bouncers of Mash or Shahadat or the venomous attack of our spin trio.
Old April 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

indians are making excuses before even playing bd.i think,they are insecured about losing the series more than anything else.
Junior
Old April 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Hahaha. They're scared as hell. Must be telling each other "eh sun be...waha par jaake bat se mar khana se yaha pe rehke logo ka joota khana behtar hai...dard kaam hoga".

I knew they would chicken out. I don't think they'll come. They'll make excuses and stop the tour. And spineless ICC will just watch and smile.
Old April 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

All these Indian excuses will make the tour very enjoyable for us
Old April 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

hahaha... good laugh. there is nothing left to comment (its that trivial).....haha....
Old April 14, 2007, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

They always do this type of propaganda against Bangladesh and this time the gonna do it much more than previous time as they fear that they won't perform well against Bangladesh.