facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 12, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Dr. Yunus didn't get it this time either

Hehe I thought he will get the nobel. He didn't. Not enough backing.
I don't think he will be a good candidate competing with all the super smart scholars in IVY leagues.
Turkish writer won the literature.

Old October 12, 2006, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he should try in peace...he won't win if they keep nominating him in econ or some other academic field...might as well nominate him in physics then.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Dude, econ is his field not peace. Its like giving Hassan Nasrallah the nobel peace prize after the war in Lebanon.
Old October 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he should try in peace...he won't win if they keep nominating him in econ or some other academic field...might as well nominate him in physics then.
physics? peace? dude, do you even know what dr. yunus does?
Old October 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Dr younis has better chance getting noble in peace than economics. To get noble in economics u need to work on theory. Dr Y do not give a F*** on this. Believe me, I heard him uttering this. In peace, he has better chance because he change livelihood for a million of people.
Old October 13, 2006, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Clinton should get a nobel prize for peace. My favorite president of all time.
Old October 13, 2006, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Dr younis has better chance getting noble in peace than economics. To get noble in economics u need to work on theory. Dr Y do not give a F*** on this. Believe me, I heard him uttering this. In peace, he has better chance because he change livelihood for a million of people.

Well predicted!!!
Old October 13, 2006, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
well now, may be u don't know what he does!!!
Old October 13, 2006, 04:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

LOL.

what a turn around!
Old October 13, 2006, 04:48 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Simply put, the people who implied he couldn't get a nobel peace prize got PWNT.
Old October 13, 2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. And great that he did.
Old October 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

While I feel happy for Dr. Y, he should have gotten it for Econ coz its more of an economic achievement.

Honestly, the nobel guys should create a new field "humanity" so people like mother teresa or Dr. Y can be put under. Because to me it doesnt make sense...why peace?? he didnt try to bring peace to anywhere...he tried to fight off poverty via microcredit which loosely falls under economics and fully into humanity. Same goes for mother teresa's achievement.
Old October 14, 2006, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
While I feel happy for Dr. Y, he should have gotten it for Econ coz its more of an economic achievement.

Honestly, the nobel guys should create a new field "humanity" so people like mother teresa or Dr. Y can be put under. Because to me it doesnt make sense...why peace?? he didnt try to bring peace to anywhere...he tried to fight off poverty via microcredit which loosely falls under economics and fully into humanity. Same goes for mother teresa's achievement.
Honestly, you need to stop thinking too much and actually start activating your brain cells.
Poverty begets unrest. Dr. Y has done more for peace than Mother Teresa (no disrespect). If you fail to understand that then you need to complete your formal education first and then have some real-life job experience and then some 3rd world real-life experience ... and all that then may make you qualified to comment on this.
Old October 14, 2006, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
no i don't know what he does. why don't you tell me...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 14, 2006, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

sauron's hormones are kicking in! why u attacking the poor guy personally for nothing? Nobel prize for "peace" is the only prize where you can get it without complex brain structure. So I would have preferred him getting it in Eco as well.
Old October 14, 2006, 04:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
sauron's hormones are kicking in! why u attacking the poor guy personally for nothing? Nobel prize for "peace" is the only prize where you can get it without complex brain structure. So I would have preferred him getting it in Eco as well.
i would add literature to that list...that is equally subjective.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 14, 2006, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

hitler bhai (lol that just sounds funny),

his achievemt wasn't that groudbreaking in terms of a purely academic economic sense. it was more philantropic than anything else. it realy didnt say much about the theory of economics, thats why he would never get the econ prize.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 14, 2006, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Honestly, you need to stop thinking too much and actually start activating your brain cells.
Poverty begets unrest. Dr. Y has done more for peace than Mother Teresa (no disrespect). If you fail to understand that then you need to complete your formal education first and then have some real-life job experience and then some 3rd world real-life experience ... and all that then may make you qualified to comment on this.
Poverty is one of the many factors that adds up to build unrest. Not the whole or main reason. And I wouldn't compare mother Teresa with Dr. Y. Both have countributed differently and Mother Teresa reach to help the needy went world wide to places like Central Africa where you wouldnt go for a vacation.

The reason why I am saying he contribution is more of an economic one is because eliminating poverty and contrubuting to the hi-tech industry of the country like IT and Grameen Phones, Dr. Y has done enormous to boost our national economy.

If you can say that fighting poverty brings down unrest and adds to peace, then I too can say fighting poverty helps bring up our economy. He did something that politicians only talk about since 1971 thats fighting poverty.

I am in no way saying Dr. Y didnt deserve it. He definitely did. But the category he and many others got under is rather weird. It makes sense to give Simon Peres and Yasser Arafat the "peace" coz they have made the effort stabilize the worlds most screwed up region. But that doesnt compare with Dr. Y or Mother Teresa.
Old October 15, 2006, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
hitler bhai (lol that just sounds funny),

his achievemt wasn't that groudbreaking in terms of a purely academic economic sense. it was more philantropic than anything else. it realy didnt say much about the theory of economics, thats why he would never get the econ prize.
yeah, and people just dont seem to get this.
Old October 16, 2006, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Hai Hai.......lok jon dehki fighting someting about nothing.... Nobel Prize paileyooo Bipod abar Na Pileyoo Bipod.
Old October 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

eikhaney bipod shogket Sath dekhano hochhey. Onno thread'a 10 par hoiye gasey.
Old October 16, 2006, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Ha ha, too much discussion: with both positives, and yes, negatives
I dont care who and in which field got the Nobel Prize. All that matters is, he is a Bangladeshi and not a politician!
Old October 16, 2006, 06:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let's see, poverty is an underlying cause of conflict in society and any means of reducing poverty can contribute to lasting peace. Economics is a study of how people attempt to meet unlimited needs with limited means, i.e. food and wealth. People can't survive without food and for food people essentially need money, and what people can do with money to buy food for a longer, constant period of time is where economics come in. Therefore Dr. Yunus' "microcredit" scheme and this nobel prize is as congruous to peace as it is to economics. Does that make sense?
Old October 16, 2006, 08:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Before Dr Y get noble I predicted he would get Noble in peace. I did not eleborate my reasoning. Now it is the time for that. Dr Y prove that micro credit could help to break the cycle of poverty. But the problem is that neither he nor the other economists fail to provide any credible explanation of this phenomenon within economic theories. The often quoted explanation is when credit is interjected to vicious circle of povery it become a virtuous circle of prosperity. but the problem is that it do not explain why it happen. Unless Dr Y explain this, he has little chance of getting Noble in economics as much as we want.
the reason he got noble in peace is simple. Poverty is the root of all evil. If you could eradicate that there would be less war. Think of it. The soldiers fighting for USA and UK in Iraq mostly came from the poorest strata of the society. If they have other option to live, Bush gang could not find enough soldier to wage an war.
Old October 17, 2006, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Poverty is the root of all evil. If you could eradicate that there would be less war. Think of it. The soldiers fighting for USA and UK in Iraq mostly came from the poorest strata of the society. If they have other option to live, Bush gang could not find enough soldier to wage an war.
Very poor logic!