facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 3, 2006, 07:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Hoito amar dik thekey wrong timing but isn't this a reflection of some of our bengali mentality. Hartal deke innocent pathochari r rikshawallah der bedhorok petano, gari/dokan paat bhongchur kora to nitto din er ghotona. police er panda gulo to okhan thekei aashche, thik na ?
Here's a quick link to: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/03/d6100301107.htm
Here's another unrealted one: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/04/d6100401011.htm

Ebar asha jaak ei ghotonai - I may have missed it but on the index section (dailystar), I have not seen any news that shows ANY of the 'leaders' (Hasina, Khalida, Ershad, bhondo Rajakar) condemning the incident. Not that I am surprised or anything. You'd think Hasina would jump on this if only for the negative campaign opportunity against khaleda's bnp. They take to streets when their 'Chatra NETAs and kormis' get beat up for actually attacking the police and here we have some gutless police goons beating up a national hero and some of our dedicated (shooting is the only sport that we have done somthing, aside from cricket) sportmen/women. Where's the outrage from them ?

Old October 3, 2006, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Hoito amar dik thekey wrong timing but isn't this a reflection of some of our bengali mentality. Hartal deke innocent pathochari r rikshawallah der bedhorok petano, gari/dokan paat bhongchur kora to nitto din er ghotona. police er panda gulo to okhan thekei aashche, thik na ?
Here's a quick link to: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/03/d6100301107.htm
Here's another unrealted one: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/04/d6100401011.htm

Ebar asha jaak ei ghotonai - I may have missed it but on the index section (dailystar), I have not seen any news that shows ANY of the 'leaders' (Hasina, Khalida, Ershad, bhondo Rajakar) condemning the incident. Not that I am surprised or anything. You'd think Hasina would jump on this if only for the negative campaign opportunity against khaleda's bnp. They take to streets when their 'Chatra NETAs and kormis' get beat up for actually attacking the police and here we have some gutless police goons beating up a national hero and some of our dedicated (shooting is the only sport that we have done somthing, aside from cricket) sportmen/women. Where's the outrage from them ?
Can't expect that AL will condemn or protest against this barbaric incident. They did not fight for the human rights situation, electricity crisis or anything like this. They could easily make these things as a national issue but they have not. They are always busy with the hartal and stuff. So what the responsibility of a democratic party?

After all I would say these all things are the result of a moral degradation which has been happening to us for last several decades. We can overcome this situation only then when we get our moral natures back, but again it will take time to build up a good moral image. We gotta be really patient and have to work hard.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 3, 2006, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I am glad those shooters may not represent our country. No one should to represents this f***** up country.

Honestly, I dont blame the politicians and police. Its the majority public of Bangladesh who have zero regards for the law, and the most corrupt thing God has created so far after Satan.

Heck I dont care anymore, once i bring my family here I couldnt give two hoots if the whole country gets nuked tomorrow.
Old October 3, 2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Actually, Awamis protested against this bitterly in the parliament today. I have to say again, we must protest against this. We must do something. We must protest in some form. One person CAN make a difference. Don't worry about the impact. In the least, pick up the pen or keyboard, shoot over a protest to the ministry, newspapers, the prime minister...
Old October 4, 2006, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Bhaijan, protesting has little impact when violent mob of police comes and breaks it up. You will end up like those shooters in a now time.
As for pen and paper, that too has little impact when a third of the population is illiterate.

Its funny we blame Americans and Westerners for being narrow minded for electing morons like Bush and Blair into power. But on the flip side of it, we too are voting and bringing ppl like Khaleda and Hasina to power in landslide election victory.
Old October 4, 2006, 01:33 AM
Banned

Last edited by billah; October 4, 2006 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: wrong thread
Old October 4, 2006, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
Heck I dont care anymore, once i bring my family here I couldnt give two hoots if the whole country gets nuked tomorrow.
Looks like you driving your 'anger' to a wrong direction. I cant comment on other peoples desire but in my case, I have been planing & working on to go back with family after living 20+ years abroad ( not sure when yet ). And I believe you wont be happy either after 'the country gets nuked tomorrow', even if you live abroad with your family.

So the point is NOT whether you living in BD or abroad, rather the point IS BD needs more people like you ( those who are capable of going back ) living in. And that's could be a small but positive way when we desire a change in a long run.

But I totally agree with that comment ...
Quote:
Its the majority public of Bangladesh who have zero regards for the law
Old October 4, 2006, 08:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

When a person like Lutfuzzaman Babar is in helm for state ministry, what can you expect from the police force? I couldn't confirm it, but I've heard from at least 2 different sources in BD (not politically involved)that this guy used to be a smuggler.
After this latest incident, a paraphrase of the interview with BBC "he (Asif) assaulted the police, that he can not do it" - what a nonsense!
Old October 4, 2006, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am sure if awami called a hartal on this people would actually participate. this shows how detach our parties r from the people.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 4, 2006, 03:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

What prothom alo wrote today is horrifying. not only they beat him up they also tortured him on his feet so much that it might take him 6 month to stand on them.

no wonder he is not sure if he will ever get to shooting again.

I think he should not, unless there is a symbolic punishment for everyone involved.
Old October 4, 2006, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, BBC wrote the same thing about his legs getting beated up.

Here is todays article on Daily Star:
Shooting in disarray
NSF to sue responsible cops
Sports Reporter

The National Shooting Federation (NFS) has decided to file a case against the policemen who were involved in assaulting national shooters and NFS employees on Monday at the National Shooting Complex in Gulshan.

The decision was taken in an executive committee meeting of the federation yesterday afternoon.

NSF general secretary Nazimuddin Chowdhury told reporters that the federation would also go to higher court to defend the three shooters, a cook and an on-duty Ansar member.

The shooting team's participation in the coming Asian Games also looked uncertain after the NSF called off the camp.

"If the mental state of the shooters get better, we will resume the camp as soon as possible and see whether we can send a good team to the Asiad," said Nazim.

The federation, which demanded exemplary punishment for DC North of DMP Obaidur Rahman, OC of Gulshan Police Station Mahbub, SI Faisal Zaman and SI Jasim, also demanded to know the identity of the others involved in the attack and better treatment for the injured. The shooting officials has decided to attend today's human-chain organised by Sommilito Krira Paribar at Muktangan at 3pm and stuck to their previous demand of forming a judicial inquiry to investigate the incident.

With leading air rifle shooter Asif Hossain Khan injured and Sharmin Akhter suffering from fever following the brutal police attack, Bangladesh can hardly send a top-class team to the Doha Games this December.

Despite the NSF decision, the shooters have refused to leave the camp and stayed at the complex hoping that the authority will give them a chance to get into action soon.

Meanwhile, tension mounted around and the federation high-ups and the shooters seemed to stand on different platforms on the issue. The shooters brought out a rally from the shooting complex yesterday demanding punishment for the guilty but the federation officials did not join.

Ex-shooters have been on the road protesting the police action and been trying to encourage the young shooters forget the horror they have been through. The federation officials, however, want to do it on their own.

Former shooter Abdul Gaffar yesterday told reporters that he was called into the meeting and told not to 'poke their noses' into the federation's matters.

"The federation president (Abdul Muyeed Chowdhury) told me that the federation does not like our action. He added that we are ex-shooters and do not belong to the federation anymore, so we should mind our own business," said Gaffar.

"Asif was my student. Not only that, we feel every fellow shooter is like a relative. That's why we are here to stand behind them. We are all unhappy at the way the president treated us today," he added.

Muyeed Chowdhury, meanwhile, kept himself in the middle of controversy. Having avoided the press for two days, he briefly encountered the reporters during a break in the meeting and said he has done everything possible to get bail for the arrestees and the treatment of the injured.

The NSF chief then hastily made his way through the surrounding media men, refusing to make any comments on the 'nature of the police attack'. It was surprising to see the president giving no statement yet on a grave issue like this.

Seriously injured shooters Asif and Shoebuzzaman were still in hospital and uncertain when they would be released.

Asif was not concerned about his condition rather he was worried about his future.

"I have got many things from the country and also given much. But I feel that I have now lost everything. My willpower would not be enough to bring me back to the range. Being out of the range for six months means I would hardly get back my original form," Asif told from his hospital bed.

Showing the plastered left hand, the Commonwealth Games and SA Games gold medalist told, "The plaster would be removed four weeks later and they will do an MRI to know exactly how much damage has been done. If there's any problem in the ligament, it would take nearly a year for me to recover. It would be impossible for me to shoot in a competition after such a long gap."

Shoeb, with stitches on his forehead and marks of beating on the back, could hardly rest due to pain.

Shoeb's father, shocked and quiet, was trying to console him. And just asked how this was possible in a "civilised country".

Current and ex-shooters brought out a rally in the Gulshan area yesterday demanding exemplary punishment for the people involved in the events of "Black Monday". PHOTO: STAR
Old October 5, 2006, 09:35 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Take a look at this "gentlemen":
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/...006040325p.htm
Ki dhoroner bhodroloker chele khelar mathe hockey stick niye manush ke pitate jai ? He is only one of thousands of such 'fans'. I hear even in New York, when they have cricket matches played between teams, Bangali players have managed to got into fights over umpires decisions. IN this instance, it's sad because right before the match started, we had a host of our current and ex sports personalities form a human chain in protest of the barbaric attack on the shooters.

As I said sometime back, if you know someone among your family and friends who are involved with corruption and violence, see if you can stop them first. It has to start with you. My would be brother-in-law was all too proud when he mentioned how he would look forward to this fights when he played cricket in NY. Which is why, he is my 'would be' brother-in-law and will never be my brother-in-law. Mastan der jaiga jail e, not in civil society. The problem is, jail e giye ora jailer hoye boshe aache.

Those who proudly support the ruling or the opposition party, if you have any morality in you, you would have left those parties long time ago. As for now, you would have gone to your respective 'leaders' and demand that the guilty be brought to justice and the police officer be kicked out from his post. If you have not done it and you do know people in power - how do you live with yourself ?
Old October 6, 2006, 07:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
My would be brother-in-law was all too proud when he mentioned how he would look forward to this fights when he played cricket in NY.
ছি ছি Sadi এ কি শুনি? তোমরা আমপায়ার পিটাও? আমাদের DCতে Umpire ভুল Decesion দিলে আমরা তাকে দুই গালে চুমা দেই.... ( Ofcourse if the umpire is of opposite sex)

Last edited by Fazal; October 7, 2006 at 01:51 AM..
Old October 6, 2006, 07:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Fazal, DC te maney ? You don't live in DC, do you ? If you do, I gotta make some phone calls and get you deported to NY or some other foreign state.

PS. Saw the 'lovely pose' of the AL leader besides Asif. She looked so devastated (NOT). Photo Ops are the sickest political ploys ever. And yes, they do a whole lot of that ALL OVER the world, so bangladeshi leader dosh diye kono love ei, it's in their nature.
Old October 12, 2006, 04:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Daily star reported today that Asif is thinking about giving up his gold medal back to the autority.

I think that is a good idea, but he should say it in a different way: either punish the guilties in a symbolic way within 2 months, or I will give up the medal. somone really need to do something, or the police brutality will only get worse in bangladesh.
Old October 16, 2006, 01:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

You guys shouldn't blame the government for being so disgusting. You should blame the public, and the citizens of Bangladesh. Who elects the government officials? We do! We love Mrs. Khaleda and Mrs. Hasina ! Don't we? We are the ones who elect all those errogant government officials who don't meet our demands. So instead of blaming the government, we should blame our self. Thats the only way to improve really. Prove me wrong !!!!!!!
Old October 16, 2006, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
You guys shouldn't blame the government for being so disgusting. You should blame the public, and the citizens of Bangladesh. Who elects the government officials? We do! We love Mrs. Khaleda and Mrs. Hasina ! Don't we? We are the ones who elect all those errogant government officials who don't meet our demands. So instead of blaming the government, we should blame our self. Thats the only way to improve really. Prove me wrong !!!!!!!

10000% correct...

I wrote sth like that some week ago.
Old October 16, 2006, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Daily star reported today that Asif is thinking about giving up his gold medal back to the autority.

I think that is a good idea, but he should say it in a different way: either punish the guilties in a symbolic way within 2 months, or I will give up the medal. somone really need to do something, or the police brutality will only get worse in bangladesh.

If i were him i wud take a pi$$ on it b4 returning...
Old October 16, 2006, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
They should be publicly shamed every day for as long as possible.
aage to lojja shorom bole kisu thakte hobe...eishob manusher to gondarer chamra...lojja shorom bole kisu nai...dekhben lojja dawar jonno chobi tulte gele 32ta daat ber kore hashi diye pose marbe...bah papere chobi uthse...ki moja!