facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Default No more Duleep Trophy entry for Tigers

NCA trainees may form sixth team in Duleep Trophy
Quote:
Unhappy with the performance of the weak foreign squads, the Indian cricket board is planning to include a side comprising National Cricket Academy (NCA) trainees as the sixth team in the Duleep Trophy.

While an England XI took part in 2003, a Bangladesh side made up for the sixth team last season. But both the foreign entrants put up a poor show, forcing the BCCI to do a rethink.

Old July 2, 2005, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Darn.This would be a Very Bad Thing for Bangladesh ... the BCB should promise to send the Test side next time, not the A-side.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 2, 2005, 06:19 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

A test side for Duleep trophy? Surely you jest.
Old July 2, 2005, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Sami,

Not in the slightest. See, I dont see it as the Duleep Trophy - - I see it as two games of cricket against Indian First-Class sides.

Note that this is as many First Class games (*) as were involved in the recent tour of England, if you exclude the Tests.

The players need more good competition in four day games. The Duleep Trophy provides that opportunity.

It's that simple.

Ian WHitchurch

(*) Sorry, British Universities havent been truly First Class since before the Great War.
Old July 2, 2005, 06:50 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

If u mean we send a stronger team to the duleep trophy I wud agree but sending our first string national team is not an idea that i wud like to entertain.

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 11:57 PM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: stupid typos
Old July 2, 2005, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Sami,

Forget pride. This is about doing what the team needs to have done.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 2, 2005, 07:01 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Honestly speaking I would like to see our national players playing more of the domestic cricket in Bangladesh. Our domestic cricket needs a boost and big national names in the tournament will add that much needed fuel... I have never been a fan of u19 to National team recruiting... I wud rather see this players play some longer games at home before landing a place in the national team. And I want to see the domestic cricket performers rewarded.
Old July 2, 2005, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Sami,

Not until the Bangladesh clubs agree to play lots, lots, lots less one-day cricket, and start playing two- to four-day games.

But seriously, this is a valid opinion ; I disagree with it, because I feel that this Tigers squad is one more good fast bowler away from being competitive against anyone (ie winning as much as anyone else does), and has five good years after that.

Once the national team is winning enough, then enough money will be available to improve pitches, coaching etc and build the first-class infrastructure.

But something like the Sheffield Shield (ie four FC teams playing 6 FC games each over four days) is expensive to run, and if you want good FC players, it's what you need, rather than a bunch of clubs playing one-day games against each other.

Ian Whitchurch

PS It's interesting to compare and contrast Australian soccer with Bangladesh cricket
Old July 2, 2005, 08:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Sami bhai.. i also think.. sending our alomst national team would have been a much better option. Our national team lacks top level frist class experience. playing hard in most difficult condition in a very high level is the key for our players to do well in future. So.. I will be actually wanting to send the main regular 15 players in other First class league instead of second 15 or A teams. Bd can only learn by playing at the top level. About our domestic league.. we surely need some time before it can actually deliver some good quality competetion. It will be good when this experience players will bring the richer technique to our domestic league and only then.. we will be contend with the standard and quality of our domestic first class circut.
Old July 2, 2005, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Duleep trophy really doesnt give that much benefit. We only appeared there once.
I agree that our National League needs to be much stronger. Sending players at Australia, England for leagues are better options than Indian leages.
Old July 2, 2005, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Tigers have been given entries into three high profile domestic leagues so far- Busta Cup (WI), Patrons Trophy (Pak), and Duleep Trophy (India). All the three times Bangladeshi selections ended up at the bottom of the points table, or at best just a positon higher than it. You can't expect invition to perform another such poor show.

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 2:05 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old July 2, 2005, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Duleep trophy really doesnt give that much benefit. We only appeared there once.
I agree that our National League needs to be much stronger. Sending players at Australia, England for leagues are better options than Indian leages.
Ashraful does not agree with you. According to him, exposure to that Indian domestic league helped him a lot to put up all those great shows in England.

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 1:55 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old July 3, 2005, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He doesnt,, as he was talking to Pallab C. from the Indian Newspaper. Even with his self analysis he progressed by Duleep trophy, I still think it was playing matured against Zimbabwe in BD and in ZIM against Zim A team, playing hard for 2 months in England made the team stronger. If we that was the case,,, I would say playing against Australia was the toughest,,,its not a single tour that makes you experienced rather a series of them, with learning from them makes a player better....my opinion
Old July 4, 2005, 05:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

if we dont want to send the whole team, may be we can send our few players with assignment. They are saying BD did poorly there, but Asraful got his lessons.

So it erally doesn matter if the national team entertain the idea to play with a fellow nations domestic team for month long, they can surely send some kid down there to get the exposre.

I think they shouls send players like rajin saleh, shahadat, mashfiqur rahim, tushar imran out there, becos they need some polishing. may be a Bangladesh A team no.2 type. young and upcoming stars.
Old July 4, 2005, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with the people who think our national team should play Duleep Trophy as Ashraful told that it helps players to improve.
Old July 4, 2005, 03:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
Whats wrong with Test side!We are just a club level team when its a longer version game.Why you are surprise if we send a Test team to play in Duleep trophy!We really dont deserve to play in the longer version of the game(TEST).If we as early as possible learn to occupie the crease and play selective shots with Bat&PadTogether!
Old July 4, 2005, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Hope floats

No NCA XI in Duleep Trophy
Quote:
Mr Dasgupta said that BCCI had earlier thought of fielding an NCA team as the sixth team along with the regular teams from the five zones. However, after much deliberations it was decided to maintain the status quo, for this season at least, Mr Dasgupta said.
But, I still don't think BCCI is going to invite us again for another domestic league unless BCB promises a better performence from our team.
Old July 5, 2005, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
Whats wrong with Test side!We are just a club level team when its a longer version game.Why you are surprise if we send a Test team to play in Duleep trophy!We really dont deserve to play in the longer version of the game(TEST).If we as early as possible learn to occupie the crease and play selective shots with Bat&PadTogether!
He is right. Very sadly, I must say we are on the level of Duleep Trophy Teams in the longer version of the game.
Old July 5, 2005, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

We shld send teams to India/England/Pak/Aus rather than players.

Teams go there and fail to play well due to the conditions and then come back. simply a loss we gain in that way.

I would suggest we send some our young players like Ash, Aftab, Mash, Shahriar, Nazmul, Tapash, etc to play in these countires so that they get enough exposure and develope themselves well.

BCB should take the initiative in that case. It would seek some chances for our palyers to play in these all countires domestic team which are of high level.

I think all our player should just play in english countie clubzzz
Old July 5, 2005, 02:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

bad news for us.