facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who will be the first to be signed by Pune or Kochi?
Tamim Iqbal 61 87.14%
Shakibul Hasan 34 48.57%
Mahmudullah Riyadh 4 5.71%
Naeem Islam 7 10.00%
Alok Kapeli 11 15.71%
Other 5 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29, 2010, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
those so-called ordinary players are regularly beating the so-called world class players to a pulp. there are no more than 2-3 really ordinary players in a team. remember that the bangladeshi players are not competing against domestic indian players, they are competing against other international players.

edit, I don't know about tamim but if shakib doesn't get picked in next IPL, provided it doesn't clash with BD's international commitments, there is something seriously wrong with the franchise owners.
Well, the players may be *world beaters* in T20, but put S. Tiwary, A.jhunjhula etc in WACA against Bollinger, Harris, Johnson in a test match.
The Indian domestic players may have the entertainment factor, but Bangladeshi[or any player] can hardly learn anything from IPL. They will learn more in a week in county than they will in a season of IPL.

Old March 29, 2010, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
those of you saying tamim for sure please take a look at his T20 performance so far? not domestic T20 but the ones recognized by ICC. unless he does something extraordinary in world T20 I don't see him getting picked, and that goes for all of our boys.
You'd be surprised by how lightly they take twenty20 stats at the auctions. Off the top of my head, two of the top three big ticket items in this past auction - pollard and roach - had abysmal t20 records. Roach still has a bowling average above 75 I believe (!), and pollard had a t20i record of ~10 for batting and 30+ for bowling...

Trust me, unless Tamim flops big time in the coming year, he's getting tons of interest in next years auction...
Old March 29, 2010, 12:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

There are many games left before the next IPL auction and naturally there may be many turnarounds depending on the individual performances, still it seems Tamim and Shakib will be the 2 big names drawing attentions! Batsman all over the world now imitate Gilchrist or Shehwag style drubbing of the bowlers even in test cricket just to draw IPL's attention, many big crickters don't want to get into full national contract to ensure their availability for IPL, Money talks!!
Old March 29, 2010, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Many of you thought Shakib would be a sure pick but was pleasantly surprised no?

actually I think Tamim has a great chance of being there.. I think IPL needs Tamim more than tamim needs ipl. Tamim just has the style that captivates audience (even if u are not a bd supporter) and currently is consistent enough to turn heads. Some teams could have picked up tamim for cheap this past auction.. ...
Old March 29, 2010, 12:40 AM
Cricket Savant

yeah i agree. if not for anything, then for the sake of being flambuyoant and flashy tamim is a viable option for ipl

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 29, 2010, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Many of you thought Shakib would be a sure pick but was pleasantly surprised no?

actually I think Tamim has a great chance of being there.. I think IPL needs Tamim more than tamim needs ipl. Tamim just has the style that captivates audience (even if u are not a bd supporter) and currently is consistent enough to turn heads. Some teams could have picked up tamim for cheap this past auction.. ...
True.

This year Tamim has attracted the international media more.
By next year if he continue play like this there is a possibility for him to be picked for IPL.

I won't be surprised to see if more than 1 team show their interest.
Old March 29, 2010, 05:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

T20 is formulated to destroy players produced through one day and longer version cricket. I think BD players like Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem should try their best to get into county cricket rather than wasting their talent and prospect in T20. IMO a quality test or one day player can be a good T20 player, But there is very little chance that a good T20 player will be a quality test and one day player.
Old March 29, 2010, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
He went for 57 runs, most runs conceaded top at the table, unbeatalbe. He is by no means a T20 bowler. period
he was played at a time when both his and the team's confidence was down in the dust. had he been played in the first few matches the situation might have been different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Well, the players may be *world beaters* in T20, but put S. Tiwary, A.jhunjhula etc in WACA against Bollinger, Harris, Johnson in a test match.
you know that just by looking at the T20 scorecard ?
tiwary has a first class average of 54.73 with 11 100's and 7 50's with a highest score of 210*, that's a conversion rate of 61% ! the average is higher than VVS laxman's domestic average !
jhunjhunwala of course doesn't even make the bengal ranji team any more and has had a moderate IPL so far.
although I don't know it is necessary that a player has to do well against bollinger and co in australia to be considered quality in T20, would you apply the same to aussie domestic players and say he has to perform well against Ind and SL spinners in sub-continent before being considered quality ?
btw, the 'world beaters' term is yours, I didn't use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
The Indian domestic players may have the entertainment factor, but Bangladeshi[or any player] can hardly learn anything from IPL. They will learn more in a week in county than they will in a season of IPL.
that's debatable, one of the big lessons of county cricket is playing nearly continuously over a long period, you can't learn that in a week.

if you mean playing against swing and things like that of course they will learn more from county, if you mean learning to handle pressure and both playing with and against the absolute greats on a day to day basis (which is a HUGE learning experience in itself) IPL will be hard to beat.

I also don't know why it has to be either IPL or county, it can be both, IPL runs for only a few weeks a year. I understand some people burst an artery or a two every time they hear the word 'India' but hey, that shouldn't make you oblivious to the reality of life !
cheers !
Old March 29, 2010, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
T20 is formulated to destroy players produced through one day and longer version cricket.
congratilations on making this great discovery bhai !
would you mind telling us why they want to destroy the players ?
Old March 29, 2010, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
congratilations on making this great discovery bhai !
would you mind telling us why they want to destroy the players ?
The mind set to hit every ball. Leaving balls ensures one to score a big one. 4s and and 6s are just 4s and 6s. That is why Tamim plays so good and then Trying to play too many shots. Same with Shakib (a little less). With this type of mentality one can give a faster start in the longer version once in a while but can't take advantage of his god gifted talent. Difficult to change mentality in matter of days (when switching formats in a series)!!
Old March 29, 2010, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

TE bhai, I don't necessarily disagree, but you missed the point.
Quote:
T20 is formulated to destroy players
by whom and why ?

do you get me ?

note : there have always been players like that, not necessary anything to do with T20, david gower for example was a player in the tamim mould. as was sobers. some people are naturally aggressive strokemakers.
Old March 29, 2010, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
by whom and why ?

do you get me ?

note : there have always been players like that, not necessary anything to do with T20, david gower for example was a player in the tamim mould. as was sobers. some people are naturally aggressive strokemakers.
Gower, Sobers all mastered the longer version first and they knew how to defend. They didn't have this T20 format to deal with. Heck Sobers didn't have the 60/50 overs format. All he knew was 3 day games and 5 day games. Tamim and the young 20 year olds don't. Even if they have have scored 100s they are not test player who knows defense.

"Destroy" can be seen in a different way. When you block or even slow down one's adaptating capability that is equal to destroy his "what he could have been". Why would Shakib go for the shot after he got his century at NZ? Be was batting with #9 not with #11.

I do get you. Tamim is no Sobers. May be a Srikanth or even an Anwar. He has much to learn ofcourse.
Old March 29, 2010, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

tauba rauba, I didn't say tamim = sobers, that would be blasphemy. sobers is the greatest cricketer ever IMO. I meant to say that they were people who liked to hit more than they liked to defend.

T20 is today's game, the 20 something players haven't grown up playing T20, it's a problem with temperament, not with playing T20's. shak and TI have played a precious 12 and 13 T20 so far, not sure why their problem with temperament is being laid at the feet of T20.
tamim played like that even before t20 was invented. the same Ind domestic players who are hitting out like anything in IPL at 140+ SR, score in the first class seasons with 50+ averages and a sedate mid 50's SR.
Old March 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i hope tamim gets a chance
Old March 29, 2010, 12:39 PM
Banned for 1 month

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Aftab,A. Kapeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheed Mahmood
There are many games left before the next IPL auction and naturally there may be many turnarounds depending on the individual performances, still it seems Tamim and Shakib will be the 2 big names drawing attentions! Batsman all over the world now imitate Gilchrist or Shehwag style drubbing of the bowlers even in test cricket just to draw IPL's attention, many big crickters don't want to get into full national contract to ensure their availability for IPL, Money talks!!
I hate sehweg, he is to overrated in T20!!! look at his record in all the games he played so far? what is so specail about him? anyone
Old March 29, 2010, 12:51 PM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
T20 is formulated to destroy players produced through one day and longer version cricket. I think BD players like Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem should try their best to get into county cricket rather than wasting their talent and prospect in T20. IMO a quality test or one day player can be a good T20 player, But there is very little chance that a good T20 player will be a quality test and one day player.
well in this case i disagree, becuase from t20 we find some good quality players, and i think those player can blend into playing one day and test!!!. look at Kedar Mahadav Jadhav from KKR, Naman Vinaykumar Ojha from Rajasthan Royals, Murali Vijay from Chennai Super Kings, Shikhar Dhawan from Delhi Daredevils and Dirk Peter Nannes from Delhi Daredevils. i think these players will be great one day players, but not sure about test.
Old March 29, 2010, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I hope none get the contract, rather they should look for contract on English county, even consider to find channel to get there. But no IPL. This IPL(Idiotic playing league) is just killing lots of players temperament and commitment and some are left bench siding.

we need out players to bloom and flourished not doomed.
I agree. IPL is a prescription for rotting away proper batting techniques. It is also a good way for crumbling bowlers confidence. I would hope our cream of the crop goes on to play for county cricket (or even in Australian domestic circuit). IPL is a farce and sometime I think it is a cricket incarnated in a nightmare
Old March 29, 2010, 01:17 PM
Banned for 1 month

Tamim Iqbal Vs All Best Opener ?

Who will win? any guess,

anyways who is the current world best opener? is sachin tendulkar?
Old April 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
Banned for 1 month

Mortaza Left wondering in IPL with KKR lol
Old April 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

[QUOTE] I also don't know why it has to be either IPL or county, it can be both, IPL runs for only a few weeks a year.[QUOTE]
Spot on! Why not hope for both. I dont agree with the people who are saying theres nothing to learn from IPL as if Bangladesh will never play 20/20 cricket. Just for the sake of learning how to play in 20/20, Tamim should play. And I believe he wont flop like ash & mash 'cause he is more ambitious than them. Didnt you hear what his target is? He wants an ICC award. How many of BD players think like that. They are just happy to retain the spot in the national side. So scoring a fifty is too satisfactory for them. But Tamim wants "Hudreds not Fifties". Go Tamim.
Old April 2, 2010, 09:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think the best team for tamim would be mumbai.

opening with sachin.

that will be the best learning curve for tamim
Old April 3, 2010, 05:59 AM
Banned

[/QUOTE]I agree. IPL is a prescription for rotting away proper batting techniques. It is also a good way for crumbling bowlers confidence. I would hope our cream of the crop goes on to play for county cricket (or even in Australian domestic circuit).[/QUOTE]
Funnily enough County and Australian domestic players are playing n the IPL but I am not sure whether they are losing proper batting technique.

And did you really mean a BD players to get chance in Australian Domestic Circuit?
Old April 3, 2010, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Voted for "NONE"

Why are we so desperate? Last time i checked, this was a domestic league, that kills talented players. Look what they did to JP and now Morgan (i am happy about Morgan, that SOB). Or how they treates players, eg Mashrafe. I am glad our players arent any part of it. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see them there, and take part in the future. But AFTER they establish themselves. If Shakib got picked up last year, i am pretty sure, he wouldnt be #1 ALL rounder still. And because he didnt get picked, he became #3 Test bowler. And its bigger then playing in IPL...
Sakib is also the NO2 bowler in ODIs., Vettori is NO1. these 2 are also the two best allrounders in the world, something to cheer about. If Sakib can fix his batting, he will maintain that N01 spot for a long time.
Old April 6, 2010, 07:02 AM
Banned for 1 month

[QUOTE=firstlane;1129692][QUOTE] I also don't know why it has to be either IPL or county, it can be both, IPL runs for only a few weeks a year.
Quote:
Spot on! Why not hope for both. I dont agree with the people who are saying theres nothing to learn from IPL as if Bangladesh will never play 20/20 cricket. Just for the sake of learning how to play in 20/20, Tamim should play. And I believe he wont flop like ash & mash 'cause he is more ambitious than them. Didnt you hear what his target is? He wants an ICC award. How many of BD players think like that. They are just happy to retain the spot in the national side. So scoring a fifty is too satisfactory for them. But Tamim wants "Hudreds not Fifties". Go Tamim.
i see good point made!!!
Old April 6, 2010, 07:03 AM
Banned for 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i think the best team for tamim would be mumbai.

opening with sachin.

that will be the best learning curve for tamim
it has to be the Decan Chargers although i dont support them, look at it, Gilchrist n Tamim Opening.