facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Tigers arrive in Sri Lanka

Quote:
Tigers arrive in Sri Lanka
Agence France-Presse . Colombo

Bangladesh’s national cricket team arrived in Sri Lanka on Sunday for three Test matches and three one-day internationals despite heightened fears of Tamil Tiger bomb attacks, officials said. The Sri Lankan government immediately hailed the visit as a sign of confidence in the island’s security arrangements.
‘The Bangladeshi government has accepted our security guarantees making the tour possible,’ Sri Lankan sports minister Gamini Lokuge told AFP, adding that Colombo would provide security for the team during its five-week stay.
‘This shows that Sri Lanka is safe for anyone to travel,’ he said.
Bangladesh’s government has warned its nationals not to travel via the troubled island, and cricket officials said the authorities in Dhaka would have the final say on whether the tour could go ahead. The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam have carried out two separate air raids in the Sri Lankan capital since the end of March, the first of which targeted an air force base adjoining the island’s only international airport.
At least nine people have died and more than 40 civilians were injured in two roadside bombs targeting troops in the city and its suburbs since then. South Africa abandoned their tour of Sri Lanka in August last year after a bombing in Colombo blamed on the Tamil Tigers, which targeted the Pakistani ambassador. The three-match Test series begins on June 25, while the three-match ODI series starts on July 20.
Source
Old June 17, 2007, 08:27 PM

Good luck and all the best for our boys. ...
Old June 17, 2007, 08:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

hmm I wonder who the Tamil tigers will support during the game between sri lanka and bangladesh(tigers).
Old June 17, 2007, 08:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

They are tamil tigers, not bengal tigers...
im sure they will back up their lankan lions..
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 18, 2007, 08:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
They are tamil tigers, not bengal tigers...
im sure they will back up their lankan lions..
I wouldn't bet on that one. Murali's the only ethnic Tamil in the side.

That said, LTTE's too busy being the champion suicide bombers they have been for a while ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I wouldn't bet on that one. Murali's the only ethnic Tamil in the side.

That said, LTTE's too busy being the champion suicide bombers they have been for a while ...
I never knew that.
Old June 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

air raids by tamils! it surprises me how can they afford to do that upon the nose of their government.
Old June 17, 2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
air raids by tamils! it surprises me how can they afford to do that upon the nose of their government.
Mirzafor seikhane-o asey!!!
Old June 18, 2007, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
The backing comes from the regional super power and is an open secret.
Old June 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hmm...India? Interesting, was not aware of that. I do not follow the Lankan disputes anyways, I got too many other disputes to worry about.
Old June 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Didnt expect such a post from you tigers_eye. Can you support your comments with evidence ?

India has been LTTE haters since long, please research on the stories of IPKF, Rajiv gandhi assassination and sorts ?? India was one of the first countries to ban LTTE and there are south Indian politicians who are behind bars for releasing statements remotely supporting them.

Dig your facts before you post something irrational. Its like saying BD is supporting religious extremists, I request the mods to please close this thread or the arguments will disturb the etiquette of this forum

thanks,
Padosan
Old June 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Didnt expect such a post from you tigers_eye. Can you support your comments with evidence ?

India has been LTTE haters since long, please research on the stories of IPKF, Rajiv gandhi assassination and sorts ?? India was one of the first countries to ban LTTE and there are south Indian politicians who are behind bars for releasing statements remotely supporting them.

Dig your facts before you post something irrational. Its like saying BD is supporting religious extremists, I request the mods to please close this thread or the arguments will disturb the etiquette of this forum

thanks,
Padosan
The support goes through the South Indian Tamil front. The Govt don't/can't do this openly.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2002/07/12...1202781200.htm

Here is another report by Jain commission. I am just showing the link.

"Though it is obvious from the evidence before the commission that both the Karunanidhi government in Tamil Nadu and the Rajiv Gandhi government in Delhi were at some stage deeply involved with the LTTE, Justice Jain adopts different standards in judging the conduct of the two leaders.

Jain comes down on the DMK and M Karunanidhi with a ton of bricks for hobnobbing with the militants holding them indirectly responsible for the assassination. However, the Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi administration's training and arming of LTTE and other Sri Lankan militants was acceptable to Justice Jain. ``To insinuate that the training of militants organised in India contributed to the growth of Sri Lankan Tamil militancy would be simplistic. Evidence before the Commission indicates that the training was essentially for self-defence and not for launching military operations or for encouraging internecine conflict.'' he ruled. (The Indian Peace Keeping Force at the receiving end of the highly trained LTTE cadres probably did not see the matter in this benign light!) Justice Jain stresses the point that ``prior to 1989 the militancy, particularly LTTE activity, was not anti-national in character'', unmindful of the bomb explosion at Madras airport in 1985 caused by Tamil militants in which 30 people were killed, numerous clashes between rival groups of Tamil militants on Indian soil and smuggling across the border by the LTTE."
http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily.../34850693.html

"The LTTE has always sought friendly relations with India. The LTTE leadership has maintained this position despite the politico military pressures imposed by India. LTTE did not waiver from this stance even when it succeeded both militarily and politically against the Sri Lankan government."

"The Sinhala nation, which was so vociferous in its opposition to the Indian intervention in the Eighties, has been recently inviting India to intervene in the ethnic crisis. This is not because of a change in heart from the Sinhala nation. It is because of their desire to break the strength of the Tamil liberation struggle at any cost. "

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2006/05/464
Moment of truth

It is an open secret if you have a SL Tamil friend. I do not just say things against a nation without knowing somethings about it.

I know how India helped us in our independence. It is very significant comparing to why they did. Without it who knows we would still be under foreign oppression. Noone can deny that. Similarly I know how they are helping on this cause. The Govt may ban LTTE but very reluctant to shove them away from the Indian soil or cut off resources (money and arms).

Now mods can close this thread.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 18, 2007 at 02:39 PM..
Old June 18, 2007, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The support goes through the South Indian Tamil front. The Govt don't/can't do this openly.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2002/07/12...1202781200.htm

Here is another report by Jain commission. I am just showing the link.

"Though it is obvious from the evidence before the commission that both the Karunanidhi government in Tamil Nadu and the Rajiv Gandhi government in Delhi were at some stage deeply involved with the LTTE, Justice Jain adopts different standards in judging the conduct of the two leaders.

Jain comes down on the DMK and M Karunanidhi with a ton of bricks for hobnobbing with the militants holding them indirectly responsible for the assassination. However, the Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi administration's training and arming of LTTE and other Sri Lankan militants was acceptable to Justice Jain. ``To insinuate that the training of militants organised in India contributed to the growth of Sri Lankan Tamil militancy would be simplistic. Evidence before the Commission indicates that the training was essentially for self-defence and not for launching military operations or for encouraging internecine conflict.'' he ruled. (The Indian Peace Keeping Force at the receiving end of the highly trained LTTE cadres probably did not see the matter in this benign light!) Justice Jain stresses the point that ``prior to 1989 the militancy, particularly LTTE activity, was not anti-national in character'', unmindful of the bomb explosion at Madras airport in 1985 caused by Tamil militants in which 30 people were killed, numerous clashes between rival groups of Tamil militants on Indian soil and smuggling across the border by the LTTE."
http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily.../34850693.html

"The LTTE has always sought friendly relations with India. The LTTE leadership has maintained this position despite the politico military pressures imposed by India. LTTE did not waiver from this stance even when it succeeded both militarily and politically against the Sri Lankan government."

"The Sinhala nation, which was so vociferous in its opposition to the Indian intervention in the Eighties, has been recently inviting India to intervene in the ethnic crisis. This is not because of a change in heart from the Sinhala nation. It is because of their desire to break the strength of the Tamil liberation struggle at any cost. "

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2006/05/464
Moment of truth

It is an open secret if you have a Tamil friend. I do not just say things against a nation without knowing somethings about it.

I know how India helped us in our independence. It is very significant comparing to why they did. Without it who knows we would still be under foreign oppression. Noone can deny that. Similarly I know how they are helping on this cause. The Govt may ban LTTE but very reluctant to shove them away from the Indian soil or cut off resources (money and arms).

Now mods can close this thread.
My 2 cents on this ...

The situation in Tamil SL can be compared to that of BD under Pak with the only difference of the Indian stance on this issue.

The Tamils in Tamil Nadu are naturally sympathetic to their bretehern in SL as were the Bengalis in WB across the Eastern border.The only difference in here is that the Indian govt went out and out to support East Bengal but in the case of SL she is supporting the SL govt rather than the Tamilians.

The reasons are pleanty but the SL govt appreciates Indian efforts in the region as the situation would have been completely to the contrary had India taken a stance based on ethnicity,history or religion.
Old June 17, 2007, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

The Tigers have landed ... beware, Lions!

Old June 18, 2007, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem

From the Liger project?
Old June 18, 2007, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
From the Liger project?
I doubt it since both are males.

Last edited by Nafi; June 18, 2007 at 05:22 AM..
Old June 18, 2007, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:

LOL Nice pic Electrequiem Bhai
Old June 18, 2007, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:

cudnt hav put it better myself...lol!!!
Old June 19, 2007, 05:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Rahim TamimSakib
Default -

nice pic but that gives a bad image from another point of view

Quote:

Old June 19, 2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brishti
nice pic but that gives a bad image from another point of view
That tigers like screwing over the Lions?
Old June 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
I doubt it since both are males.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Electrequiem : bro the pic SERIOUSLY looks wrong from some view !
Hahaha.. :p
Hey, if they are happy, then we are happy.
Old June 18, 2007, 12:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Good one Electrequiem
Old June 18, 2007, 12:12 AM
Test Cricketer

the only way to keep our cricketers safe is to make sure Murali plays in every match.
Old June 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
the only way to keep our cricketers safe is to make sure Murali plays in every match.
Let me have the funny side of it
Old June 18, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

nice pic Electrequiem.